March 28, 2024, 10:32:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patricia Kimmi, 58yrs old, Horton Kansas missing 11/6/09 (REMAINS FOUND)  (Read 25363 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 07:33:22 PM »

Attorney considers Kimmi case a homicide

March 31, 2010 - 6:16pm
Atchison County Attorney Jerry Kuckelman for the first time Wednesday described as a homicide the disappearance of a 58-year-old Horton woman and said he expected an arrest soon.

Patricia "Pat" Kimmi is believed to have been abducted from her home outside Horton on Nov. 6.

Authorities have searched the Sabetha-area farm that once belonged to Roger and Rebecca Hollister. They also have searched the Atchison County sawmill owned by Kimmi's ex-husband, Eugene Kimmi. Authorities didn't comment on what they found during those searches.

A court document filed by the Brown County attorney last week alleges Roger Hollister, named as a person of interest in the disappearance, acknowledged his involvement in the Kimmi matter. The document also stated moments before Roger Hollister allegedly drove his vehicle into a semitrailer, he implied to his wife that he played a role in Kimmi's disappearance.

Hollister has been arrested and charged with first-degree attempted murder in connection with the crash.

The Hollisters had an auction Saturday at the farm. According to several news sources, members of the Kimmi family attended.

In all, 258 interviews and 15 inquisitions were conducted in the case, Kuckelman said Wednesday in a telephone interview. All of that information, along with other documents related to the case, were turned over to him Saturday by the Atchison County Sheriff's Department.

"I've been waiting for them to turn it over to me," he said. "I have a mountain of stuff to read. We have to do this right."

Although the sheriff's department viewed the disappearance as a "missing person case," Kuckelman said he is now viewing it as a homicide.

"We have not found a body," Kuckelman said, which can make things more difficult.

However, Kansas law allows the case to be tried on circumstantial evidence, he said.

"I expect one arrest," he said. "There could be more. The investigation remains open. They had a couple of new leads yesterday."

http://cjonline.com/news/state/2010-03-31/attorney_considers_kimmi_case_a_homicide

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 02:33:16 PM »

Possible break in Kimmi case

Last Update: 12:39 pm 
According to KQ2 in St.Joseph, MO authorities found human remains on the former farmstead of Roger and Rebecca Hollister last night. Investigators have not confirmed the identity.
Hiawatha World is reporting Atchison County Sheriff John Calhoon and Undersheriff Larry Myer, along with KBI personnel, KHP officers, the Nemaha County Coroner's Office, and other law enforcement agencies began searching the property yesterday and returned after 7 a.m. this morning. The property, located at 1755 V Rd., is reportedly currently owned by a brother of Roger Hollister. The property was first searched in January and searched again March 17-19.

Authorities have brought in a semi and a flatbed trailer, presumably to transport heavy equipment. The search area is not visible from the road.

There has been no official statement on what authorities are looking for or have found on the property, and no word on what prompted the current search.

Pat Kimmi was reported missing by family in November 2009, in what authorities believe was a forced abduction. According to documents filed by the Brown County Attorney, Roger Hollister has acknowledged his involvement in the matter.

In related news, a bond reduction hearing is scheduled for 1 p.m. this afternoon in Brown County District Court for Roger Hollister. Hollister is being held on $1.5 million bond on charges that he tried to kill his wife, Rebecca, when he swerved his Buick SUV into the path of a semi on Feb. 26.

Watch for the latest developments in this story tonight on 27 News at 5 and 6.
http://www.ksnt.com/news/local/story/Possible-break-in-Kimmi-case/956l6VTW8EqltrhsQo1L3g.cspx

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 05:49:42 PM »

http://www.ksnt.com/news/local/story/Remains-Possibly-Identified-As-Kimmi/956l6VTW8EqltrhsQo1L3g.cspx

Update: Authorities believe remains discovered are that of Patricia Kimmi.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 05:52:37 PM »

http://stjoenews.net/news/2010/may/05/new-search-kimmi-case/

Officials believe Kimmi's remains found
Press conference reveals new evidence in investigation

By Hiawatha World

Originally published May 5, 2010 at 9:44 a.m., updated May 5, 2010 at 4:22 p.m.

Atchison County officials believe human remains found Tuesday and Wednesday in rural Nemaha County belong to Patricia Kimmi.

The announcement came in a Wednesday afternoon press conference following a third round of digging at the former Roger and Rebecca Hollister farmstead.

Authorities say the remains were found in close proximity to key pieces of evidence and have been identified as Patricia Kimmi, who has been missing almost six months.

Kimmi was reported missing by family in November 2009, in what authorities believe was a forced abduction. According to documents filed by the Brown County Attorney, Roger Hollister has acknowledged his involvement in the matter.

Earlier in the day, Roger Hollister appeared for a bond reduction hearing on charges that he swerved his Buick SUV into the path of an oncoming tractor-trailer to kill his wife, Rebecca, 55, a passenger in the vehicle. Hollister's bond in that case will remain at $1.5 million as originally set March 5.

Stay with newspressnow.com as this story develops.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2010, 08:12:07 PM »

Missing woman's remains found on Kansas farm

Last Update: 5/06 5:29 am 

NEMAHA COUNTY, Kan. – Authorities confirmed Wednesday afternoon that human remains found on a farm near Atchison are that of Patricia Kimmi who was reported missing by her family in November 2009.

Authorities began searching a property located at 1755 V Road Tuesday and found human remains. The property is reportedly owned by a brother of Roger Hollister. The property was first searched in January and then again in March.

Atchison County and Nemaha County authorities announced during a news conference Wednesday that the remains have been positively identified as 58-year-old Patricia Kimmi.

Kimmi was reported missing by family in November 2009. The Atchison County Sheriff said she was likely forced out of her home. According to documents, Roger Hollister has acknowledged his involvement in the matter.

Roger Hollister was charged in March with attempted first-degree murder and aggravated battery after driving his SUV head-on into a tractor trailer. He is accused of trying to kill his wife Rebecca Hollister.

No one has been arrested for Kimmi's death. Instead police have only named Hollister a person of interest in the case.
http://www.nbcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Missing-womans-remains-found-on-Kansas-farm/k4wJlSyVFEaVrej8i9cU5w.cspx

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2010, 05:45:26 PM »

Kansas man charged with murdering Patricia Kimmi
Posted on Fri, Jun. 04, 2010 04:36 PM

A man is charged with capital murder in the death of a Horton, Kan., woman abducted last year, prosecutors announced today.

Roger Hollister, 58, of Sabetha, Kan., could face the death penalty in what prosecutors said was a contract killing of Patricia Kimmi, 58.

Kimmi disappeared from her home in November and was missing for months. In May, police found her body at a Nemaha County farm owned by Hollister’s brother.

Kansas Attorney General Steve Six and Atchison County Attorney Gerald Kuckelman announced that they would work together in prosecuting the case.

Hollister has been in custody since February on charges that he attempted to murder his wife, when she was a passenger in their pickup truck, by swerving the truck into a semi.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/06/04/1993019/kansas-man-charged-with-murdering.html

AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2011, 09:29:42 PM »

Case archive album

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Patricia%20Kimmi%20%20-KS-/

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 09:21:27 AM »

Hollister Case Review

Last Update: 2/20 10:58 pm
snipped
Roger Hollister's trial for the charges of attempted murder of his wife, Rebecca, is set to begin late this Spring.
http://www.ksnt.com/news/local/story/Hollister-Case-Review/esiGN82YqUicDvqfkIZW9A.cspx

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.