April 25, 2024, 02:09:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Four reported missing 11/12/10 Apple Valley OH (1 alive - 3 found dead)  (Read 75715 times)
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2010, 05:01:47 PM »

tv 4 live feed is showing the crime area again.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #161 on: November 18, 2010, 05:06:49 PM »

Three white hearses just pulled out of the wildlife refugee area.

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2010, 05:07:27 PM »

Gosh the site of the 3 hearse's  leaving the scene is heart wrenching

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2010, 05:15:40 PM »

Press Conference:

The 3 bodies were found based on information given by Matthew.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #164 on: November 18, 2010, 05:19:03 PM »

Did the sherrif say found in trash bags in a hole of a tree? 

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #165 on: November 18, 2010, 05:22:47 PM »

Yea I heard that too but I questioned it so I didn't post it. Makes you wonder the size of the tree?
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #166 on: November 18, 2010, 05:32:53 PM »

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/nov/18/28/bodies-missing-boy-women-found-ar-295449/

**snipped**

MOUNT VERNON, Ohio --
Eight days after being reported missing, the bodies of a boy and two women have been found in a hollow tree in Knox County Thursday.

The bodies were found in the area of Yankee Street and Waterford Road northwest of Fredericktown, sources told NBC 4 Thursday.

Knox County Sheriff David Barber said at a news conference, "Today this investigation took a major turn. We have the discovered and recovered the remains of Kody Maynard, Stephanie Sprang and Tina Herrmann. The discovery of these bodies was as the result of information provided by Matthew Hoffman. The bodies were located in a wooded area inside garbage bags in a hollow tree off of Yankee Street, which is west of Fredericktown in Knox County. Mr. Hoffman remains in jail on a kidnapping charge."

**snipped**
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #167 on: November 18, 2010, 05:40:53 PM »

I wonder if the news stations put out a transcript of the news conference. the audio was terrible!

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #168 on: November 18, 2010, 05:42:41 PM »

oh my gosh, this is horrible!  Thank goodness Ohio has the death penalty!!

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2010, 06:05:31 PM »

HLN has a reporter on that said there is talk about Hoffman telling where the bodies were in exchange for taking the DP off the table.

If this is true, I am so angry.

But I guess if it were my family I would want them found regardless of what deal is/was made....sigh

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #170 on: November 18, 2010, 06:09:36 PM »

HLN has a reporter on that said there is talk about Hoffman telling where the bodies were in exchange for taking the DP off the table.

If this is true, I am so angry.

But I guess if it were my family I would want them found regardless of what deal is/was made....sigh
LE may have taken the DP off the table but other prisoners may not. One can always hope.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #171 on: November 18, 2010, 06:42:45 PM »

Well, this 'voice of reason' tells me that if he only wanted the girl, there would be no reason to keep the others alive.

Perhaps they found his DNA in the woman's home, he did have a criminal record. Or perhaps like others mentioned...his mother lived nearby the woman's home.

I knew it...I am so glad they have been found. Not the outcome anyone wanted, but they can now go home and the family will not have to suffer with wondering where they are. May the young girl be safe and get the help she will need to go on with the rest of her life. This man ruined so many lives........ take back the plea bargain and  him. Useless waste of oxygen.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #172 on: November 18, 2010, 07:51:23 PM »

I just can't see how a single man took down four people, even with his size and strength.

Then the thought of that other devil, Dennis Rader, murdering the Oteros comes to mind. He must've used a gun to intimidate them into cooperating, telling them that he wouldn't harm them to prevent them from escaping.

But, how do you transport THREE BODIES and a teenager in a truck without raising suspicion?

I can only imagine what this "man" could've done next, had he gotten away with murdering the family. It was obvious he planned on killing Sarah as well, after maybe taking advantage of her.

And, to all this I know the boyfriend is supposed to be innocent, but I still find it unusual that he was absent from the home he shared with Tina for the time it took for the man to do his thing. It could've been a coincidence, but... it's unusual.

About Mathew cooperating, maybe he did it without a formal agreement, kind of a goodwill gesture to maybe get "Brownie points."

What a psycho!!!

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #173 on: November 18, 2010, 07:59:51 PM »

I just can't see how a single man took down four people, even with his size and strength.

Then the thought of that other devil, Dennis Rader, murdering the Oteros comes to mind. He must've used a gun to intimidate them into cooperating, telling them that he wouldn't harm them to prevent them from escaping.

But, how do you transport THREE BODIES and a teenager in a truck without raising suspicion?

I can only imagine what this "man" could've done next, had he gotten away with murdering the family. It was obvious he planned on killing Sarah as well, after maybe taking advantage of her.

And, to all this I know the boyfriend is supposed to be innocent, but I still find it unusual that he was absent from the home he shared with Tina for the time it took for the man to do his thing. It could've been a coincidence, but... it's unusual.

About Mathew cooperating, maybe he did it without a formal agreement, kind of a goodwill gesture to maybe get "Brownie points."

What a psycho!!!

Because they were in trashbags he could have transported them in the bed of the pick up truck without arousing suspicion.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #174 on: November 18, 2010, 08:24:28 PM »

Ummmm....help. Mods, where are we suppose to move this to? 3 dead and 1 alive. ?

MOUNT VERNON, Ohio - 5:10 Update : Knox County Sheriff David Barber has confirmed that the bodies of the three missing people missing have been found in a wooded area.

The sheriff announced that the bodies were in garbage bags that were put in a hollow tree in a wooded area off Yankee Street near Fredericktown, about 20 miles northwest of their home in Howard. He confirmed the bodies are 32-year-old Tina Herrmann; Herrmann's 10-year-old son, Kody Maynard; and her 41-year-old friend, Stephanie Sprang.

“The discovery of these bodies was a result of information provided by Matthew Hoffman," Barber said. Hoffman, 30, has been arrested and charged with kidnapping after 13-year-old Sarah Maynard was found bound and gagged in his basement.

“There’s a lot more to be done in this case," Barber said. “This is a homicide investigation now, and it’s the homicide of three individuals.”

“In my entire law enforcement career, I have never experienced anything like this," Barber said.

Keep checking newsnet5.com for more information.
http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/new-developments-in-case-of-3-missing-in-knox-county

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #175 on: November 18, 2010, 08:55:17 PM »

Ummmm....help. Mods, where are we suppose to move this to? 3 dead and 1 alive. ?

MOUNT VERNON, Ohio - 5:10 Update : Knox County Sheriff David Barber has confirmed that the bodies of the three missing people missing have been found in a wooded area.

The sheriff announced that the bodies were in garbage bags that were put in a hollow tree in a wooded area off Yankee Street near Fredericktown, about 20 miles northwest of their home in Howard. He confirmed the bodies are 32-year-old Tina Herrmann; Herrmann's 10-year-old son, Kody Maynard; and her 41-year-old friend, Stephanie Sprang.

“The discovery of these bodies was a result of information provided by Matthew Hoffman," Barber said. Hoffman, 30, has been arrested and charged with kidnapping after 13-year-old Sarah Maynard was found bound and gagged in his basement.

“There’s a lot more to be done in this case," Barber said. “This is a homicide investigation now, and it’s the homicide of three individuals.”

“In my entire law enforcement career, I have never experienced anything like this," Barber said.

Keep checking newsnet5.com for more information.
http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/new-developments-in-case-of-3-missing-in-knox-county

I'm grateful we have this dilemma, in that there is at least one survivor.  It's very sad there are three of the 4 deceased.  I would say move to "missing found deceased" with the notation of one survivor.  OR it could go to "solved"?  Or check with Klaas? 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2010, 09:10:15 PM »

I'm thinking missing found deceased.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2010, 09:22:53 PM »

i just feel so bad for the little girl, she prob will be asking, why me for the rest of her life
and maybe the monster will say, but doubtful
25min of pc from 10tv, turn up the volume on the player in your browser, and your speakers

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/video/10tv.html?videoUrl=/sites/10tv/videos/2010/11/18/sheriff-speaks.xml

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2010, 09:28:24 PM »

I'm thinking missing found deceased.

Thank you for your advice, Klaas.  I'm moving this to "Missing Found Deceased". 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #179 on: November 18, 2010, 09:30:28 PM »

i just feel so bad for the little girl, she prob will be asking, why me for the rest of her life
and maybe the monster will say, but doubtful
25min of pc from 10tv, turn up the volume on the player in your browser, and your speakers

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/video/10tv.html?videoUrl=/sites/10tv/videos/2010/11/18/sheriff-speaks.xml

whoops forgot a link, news coverage with more details about hoffman
click news and missing found,playing now,might replay

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.