March 29, 2024, 04:48:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Four reported missing 11/12/10 Apple Valley OH (1 alive - 3 found dead)  (Read 75194 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: November 12, 2010, 08:42:16 AM »

Updated: 8:16 am

Four reported missing forces lockdown at Ohio college
HOWARD, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio sheriff says things were found out of place at the home of a woman whose disappearance with three other people prompted a college lockdown.

Knox County Sheriff David Barber said Friday that police were searching for two women and two children. Barber told a local TV station the boyfriend of one woman reported her missing on Wednesday and the woman's co-worker said she didn't show up for work on Thursday.

The co-worker went to the woman's home and saw things out of place. The sheriff says police searched the house and found it in "an unusual condition." He did not elaborate.

The woman's pickup truck was found abandoned Thursday on property owned by nearby Kenyon College, which ordered a lockdown until 7 a.m. Friday of all students on the residential campus.

http://www.fox23news.com/news/national/story/Four-reported-missing-forces-lockdown-at-Ohio/z6yvU8o9b0q-fQlKQLYAPQ.cspx

This is all I have at the moment.....names soon, I hope.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 04:13:16 PM by klaasend » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 08:45:12 AM »

Here we go...........

Four missing, Ohio college on lockdown overnight
Authorities searching for woman, her two children and a female friend

HOWARD, Ohio — An Ohio sheriff said authorities were searching for a missing woman, her two children and a female friend on Friday in a case that has prompted an overnight lockdown at nearby Kenyon College.

Knox County Sheriff David Barber told WBNS-TV the boyfriend of one woman reported her missing on Wednesday, and that the woman's co-worker said she didn't show up for work on Thursday.

The co-worker went to the woman's home and noticed that things were out of place, the Associated Press reported. The sheriff says police searched the house and found it in "an unusual condition," but he did not elaborate.

The missing were Tina Herrman, 32, Stephanie Spring, 41 and Herrman's two children, aged 13 and 10, WBNS-TV reported on its website.

"(On) Thursday, Tina did not show up at work; she works at the local Dairy Queen in Mount Vernon," Knox County Sheriff told WBNS. "A co-worker came out and met deputies out here. Her truck was gone."

Her pickup truck was later found abandoned Thursday on property owned by nearby Kenyon College.

Police removed the vehicle and the college was back to "normal" on Friday morning after having been locked down overnight, Kenyon's director of public affairs Shawn Presley told msnbc.com. The college, which is fully residential, has about 1,700 students.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40147951/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 08:50:59 AM »

Friday,  November 12, 2010 12:16 AM

APPLE VALLEY, Ohio — Authorities said a pickup belonging to a missing Knox County woman was found on the campus of Kenyon College late Thursday, prompting a lockdown.

Knox County Sheriff's deputies were searching for two women and two children, reported missing from an Apple Valley home on Thursday evening, 10TV News reported.

Tina Herrmann, 32, Stephanie Spring, 41, and two children, Cody Manerd, 10, and Sarah Manerd, 13, were reported missing.

The relationship between the four was not immediately clear.

Knox County Sheriff's deputies and investigators from the state's Bureau of Criminal Investigation spent several hours searching a house on Apple Valley Road, 10TV's Ashleigh Barry reported.

BCI investigators said there were signs of a struggle inside the home, Barry reported.

A dark purple Ford F-150 that belonged to one of the women was also missing, deputies said.

Kenyon College, in Gambier Ohio, was put on lockdown shortly after 10 p.m. after the pickup was found abandoned at the Brown Family Environmental Center.

An e-mail, sent to students at 11:10 p.m., said law enforcement told college officials there was a "potentially dangerous person in the vicinity."

Watch 10TV News HD and refresh 10TV.com for additional information.
http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2010/11/12/story-apple-valley-four-missing-knox-county-truck-found-kenyon-college.html?sid=102

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 06:13:31 PM »

Sheriff: Blood found in missing Ohio woman's home

Published November 12, 2010
Associated Press

as usual......the link locks me up.....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/12/ohio-college-locked-amid-case-missing/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 06:17:38 PM »

The missing...............

Stephanie Spring (top left), Tina Herrmann (top right), Kody Maynard (bottom left) and Sarah Maynard (bottom right

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 06:29:42 PM »

Stephanie Spring (top left), Tina Herrmann (top right), Kody Maynard (bottom left) and Sarah Maynard (bottom right

OMG!  When is this going to stop?????????
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 07:40:17 PM »

It won't.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 07:46:49 PM »

Another similar - different pic of Spring

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2010/11/12/story-gambier-4-people-missing-kenyon-lockdown.html?sid=102
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 02:38:30 AM »

My heart sank just reading this....

Search Continues For Missing Women, Children

Friday,  November 12, 2010 5:42 AM
Updated: Friday,  November 12, 2010 7:35 PM
WBNS-10TV

HOWARD, Ohio — Investigators continued to search a Knox County home for evidence on Friday after two woman and two children disappeared.

Their disappearance prompted authorities to lock down Kenyon College on Thursday night, after one of the missing person's vehicles was found parked near campus, 10TV News reported.

Deputies were at Tina Herrmann's home on King Beach Drive since 5 p.m. Thursday.  Herrmann, 32, and her two children, vanished on Wednesday, along with Herrmann's friend, Stephanie Sprang, 10TV's Jason Frazer reported.

According to Knox County Sheriff David Barber, the inside of the house was in "unusual condition."  He said he was surprised that children and adults would be living inside. (???????)

The children, Sarah Maynard, 13, and Kody Maynard, 11, were not in school on Thursday.

The Knox County Sheriff's office issued an endangered missing child advisory shortly after 4 p.m. on Friday.

It is not an Amber Alert, but the sheriff's office said the children are believed to be in danger. A check of the residence revealed evidence that the occupants were possibly a victim of a crime, the sheriff said.

Investigators said blood was found inside the home in two locations, but Barber said he believes it was from some type of an injury and does not necessarily mean foul play was involved.

Investigators were also monitoring Herrmann's cell phone and bank records.

Officials from the FBI, Knox County Sheriff's office, Ohio State Highway Patrol and the state Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Identification are involved in the search, Frazer reported.

Herrmann's pickup was discovered late Thursday night near the Kenyon College campus in nearby Gambier.

"It makes no sense to me," said Larry Maynard, the father of the missing children.

Larry Maynard said that he spoke with one of Herrmann's co-workers, who went to her house and peeked inside her windows after not showing up for work.

According to Barber, Herrmann worked at Dairy Queen, located at 1600 Coshocton Ave., in Mount Vernon.

"I guess (the co-worker saw) some beer cans and some things that looked kind of out of place, and she knew that something was definitely not right," Larry Maynard said.  "My ex kept a pretty clean house.  She went and entered the home and when she went into the home, she saw some blood in the home and -- at that point -- she turned around and left."

According to Larry Maynard, the co-worker then called 911.  He said that Herrmann's live-in boyfriend, Greg Borders, contacted him after she was reported missing.

Borders said the couple was having trouble, but said he knows nothing and has done nothing wrong, 10TV's Tanisha Mallett reported.

He said he last saw Herrmann and her children around 4 a.m. Wednesday, before he left for work at a Target distribution center in West Jefferson.

He said he and Herrmann talked briefly on the phone shortly before 5 a.m. and received a text message from her at 11 a.m. Borders said that was the last time he heard from her.

Borders said he had no idea Herrmann never made it to her job because he spent the night with a friend.

"So I spent the night there and we went golfing and probably about noon I got a call from my mom asking me if I knew where Tina was," Borders said.
"The way things are going down and then to have CSI out here as long as they have been in the house something had to have happened."

The couple had been together for six years. Borders said their home was going into foreclosure; they were talking about splitting up, and had been arguing.

He said he would never hurt Herrmann or her children.

Larry Maynard said he is not so sure.

"The boyfriend, the live-in boyfriend, Greg, I mean I don't believe anything he says," Maynard said. "My kids are my world. It's like somebody had ripped my heart out of me.  I don't want to believe that something has happened to my children, but in my heart, I know there's something that's happened to them."

Sarah M. Maynard is 5 feet tall, weighing 90 pounds, with blonde hair and green eyes.

Kody A. Maynard was described as 4 feet, 10 inches tall, weighing 70 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.

Stephanie L. Sprang is 5 feet, 3 inches tall, weighing 110 pounds, with blonde hair and green eyes.

Tina R. Herrmann was described as 5 feet, 6 inches tall, weighing 122 pounds, with sandy blonde hair and blue eyes.

Investigators said they are treating this as a missing persons case, and they have no suspects and no persons of interest.

The discovery of Herrmann's pickup prompted the Kenyon campus to be locked down at about 11 p.m. Friday.  Students were asked to stay inside campus buildings.  The lockdown was lifted Friday at 7 a.m.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact the Knox County Sheriff's Office at 740-397-3333.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2010/11/12/story-gambier-4-people-missing-kenyon-lockdown.html?sid=102 

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 03:39:38 AM »

Video news story at the link also-The BOYFRIEND is interviewed and a brief snip from the children's father.

*Just my opinion but my initial impression is as follows:

He appears to be fairly young and clean cut. He looks down allot during the interview but sounds confident when he speaks however he does not seem to show allot of "concern" for their welfare or make any pleas for their safe return. I hope to God these children are found safely.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/index.html

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 04:37:47 AM »

*Notice one of the women s last name is spelled "SPRANG" and "SPRING" in various news stories.Not sure which it is.

Sheriff: Blood found in missing Ohio woman's home
ANDREW WELSH-HUGGINS, Associated Press

Published: 05:55 a.m., Friday, November 12, 2010

HOWARD, Ohio (AP) — Blood was found in the home of a missing woman and her two children, whose disappearance along with her friend led to a lockdown at a college near where her pickup truck was spotted, a sheriff said Friday.

Investigators were interpreting the blood as a sign someone was injured but still considered the case a missing-persons report, Knox County Sheriff David Barber said.

Authorities were searching for 32-year-old Tina Herrmann, her 13-year-old daughter, Sarah Maynard, her 10-year-old son, Kody Maynard, and a 41-year-old friend, Stephanie Sprang. Sarah Maynard is a seventh-grader at East Knox Middle School, where her brother is in the fifth grade, school officials said. The children were at school Wednesday.

Herrmann and Sprang apparently had been looking at an apartment for Herrmann, said Greg Borders, who said he and Herrmann had recently ended a six-year relationship but still were living in the same house.

Herrmann's co-worker at Dairy Queen reported her missing on Wednesday after she didn't show up to work, Barber said. A sheriff's deputy went to her home in Howard, about 60 miles northeast of Columbus, twice Wednesday night and found lights on and a pickup truck in the driveway.

"No one answered the door," Barber said. "There was no sign of anything out of place."

Authorities returned to the home Thursday after the concerned co-worker went to the house and found blood inside. Investigators confirmed the blood but said they didn't see signs of a struggle, like overturned chairs.

It's unclear what led to the disappearance of the four, authorities said.

"Right now, there's no indication to say that they were abducted," the sheriff said. "But they're unaccounted."

Borders said Friday he last heard from Herrmann on Wednesday morning. He said Herrmann texted him on his way to work at a distribution center about 80 miles away in West Jefferson about 4:40 a.m. Wednesday to let him know that she'd fed the dog. He said the dog, a miniature pinscher named Tanner, also was missing.

The couple were living together in the split-level house, which sits along a rural road, despite splitting up several weeks ago, and they were on the verge of losing the house after falling a few months behind on their mortgage payments, Borders said.

"We were fairly civil, as civil as you can be living in the same house when you're split up," he told reporters outside the home.

He said they argued but their fights were never physical.

Herrmann's truck was found Thursday night on property owned by Kenyon College, about 7 miles from Howard. Officials there put the campus under an hours-long lockdown until Friday morning.

A statement posted on the school's website said "enhanced" security would be in place through at least the weekend.

Officials didn't believe there was any threat to students and the lockdown, instructing students to go to their residence halls and remain there, was done strictly as a precaution, school spokesman Shawn Presley said. Authorities did not say whether they found anyone, Presley said.

Borders said he finished his shift at 4 p.m. Wednesday and spent the night with a friend. He said he was playing golf on Thursday when his mother called and said Herrmann apparently was missing.

He said he didn't think much of it until he returned to the house in Howard after 5:30 p.m. and found authorities there.

He gave officers permission to search the house and didn't go inside himself. He said a deputy took a few steps into the home and said he saw a considerable mess inside.

"I think something bad happened, something happened inside the house," Borders said. "It's not like Tina or me to leave the house unsecured."

It wasn't clear if the house was unlocked when authorities arrived.

The children's father, Larry Maynard, told WBNS-TV it was unlike Herrmann to go away without letting him know. He didn't return messages seeking further comment.

The district where the children go to school had staff available if any students were upset about their missing classmates and wanted to talk, Superintendent Matt Caputo said Friday.

___http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/4-missing-from-Ohio-home-truck-found-near-college-809624.php

Associated Press writers Doug Whiteman

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 09:25:33 AM »

I just saw this story on one of the morning news shows....they said beer cans and blood were found in the home and the friends car was in the garage. 

Something is very wrong here   

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 09:30:29 AM »

My heart sank just reading this....

Search Continues For Missing Women, Children

Friday,  November 12, 2010 5:42 AM
Updated: Friday,  November 12, 2010 7:35 PM
WBNS-10TV

HOWARD, Ohio — Investigators continued to search a Knox County home for evidence on Friday after two woman and two children disappeared.

Their disappearance prompted authorities to lock down Kenyon College on Thursday night, after one of the missing person's vehicles was found parked near campus, 10TV News reported.

Deputies were at Tina Herrmann's home on King Beach Drive since 5 p.m. Thursday.  Herrmann, 32, and her two children, vanished on Wednesday, along with Herrmann's friend, Stephanie Sprang, 10TV's Jason Frazer reported.

According to Knox County Sheriff David Barber, the inside of the house was in "unusual condition."  He said he was surprised that children and adults would be living inside. (???????)

The children, Sarah Maynard, 13, and Kody Maynard, 11, were not in school on Thursday.

The Knox County Sheriff's office issued an endangered missing child advisory shortly after 4 p.m. on Friday.

It is not an Amber Alert, but the sheriff's office said the children are believed to be in danger. A check of the residence revealed evidence that the occupants were possibly a victim of a crime, the sheriff said.

---snipped---

How is this not an amber alert???

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 09:42:02 AM »

Not sure, but the rules, I believe are different from State to State.... here is the general rule

http://www.amberalert.gov/guidelines.htm

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 09:42:37 AM »

http://www.ohioamberplan.org/

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 09:53:15 AM »

Thanks Nut   

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 04:28:08 PM »

Support Growing To Find Missing Family, Friend

Saturday,  November 13, 2010 8:01 AM
WBNS-10TV

HOWARD, Ohio — Friends and neighbors gathered on Saturday morning to search for two women and two children who disappeared earlier in the week.

Tina Herrmann, 32 , her children Sarah Maynard, 13, and Kody Maynard, 11, were last seen on Wednesday, 10TV News reported.

"Detectives are interviewing family members, friends and acquaintances," said Knox County Sheriff David Barber.  "Right now, there is no indication that they were abducted."

Investigators spent Friday searching through Herrmann's King Beach Drive home for clues as to why the four disappeared.

Even though blood was found inside the home, police said that they did not believe it came from a struggle, but from an injury at least one of the missing people sustained.

Barber said they were treating the disappearance as a missing person's case.

Larry Maynard, the father of the two children, said that one of Herrmann's co-workers at Dairy Queen, located at 1600 Coshocton Ave., in Mount Vernon, went to check on her after she did not show up for her Thursday shift.  The co-worker told him that she found blood and beer cans when she peeked inside the windows before calling 911.

Greg Borders, who shares the house with Herrmann and her two children, said that he left for work early Wednesday and then spent the night at a friend's house in Urbana, Ohio.

Borders admitted that their six-year relationship was shaky but told 10TV News that he would never hurt Herrmann or her children.

"I mean, there were arguments every once in awhile and disagreements, but I was still watching her kids at night when she went to work," Borders said.  "I think something bad happened."

Herrmann's pickup was discovered late Thursday night near the Kenyon College campus in nearby Gambier.

According to Larry Maynard, Herrmann and Borders were having problems and she needed to get away from him.  Larry Maynard told 10TV News that Herrmann was searching for a new place to live and that his children often spoke of problems in the house.

"The kids have told me when (Borders) gets drunk, he becomes somewhat violent," Larry Maynard said.  "He throws beer bottles at the pickup truck if their mom tries to leave.  He broke the garage door.  He gets real vulgar, belligerent when he's drunk."

Borders admitted that the situation was not ideal but the reports of a volatile relationship were not true.

"We were fairly civil," Borders said.  "I mean, as civil as you can be living in the same house when you are split up."

"I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best," Larry Maynard said.

Sarah M. Maynard is 5 feet tall, weighing 90 pounds, with blonde hair and green eyes.

Kody A. Maynard was described as 4 feet, 10 inches tall, weighing 70 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.

Sprang is 5 feet, 3 inches tall, weighing 110 pounds, with blonde hair and green eyes.

Herrmann was described as 5 feet, 6 inches tall, weighing 122 pounds, with sandy blonde hair and blue eyes.

Investigators said they are treating this as a missing person's case, and they have no suspects and no persons of interest.

""I'm hoping that they find them and they are safe and Kody and (Sarah) are back in school," said Morgan McCarthy, a friend who created a Facebook page to coordinate information about the missing people.

As of late Friday, more than 600 people joined the group, 10TV's Jason Frazer reported.

The page has been filled with messages of prayers and pictures of the missing people.

"I'm hoping that someone will see the (missing people) at the gas station where they might be on vacation or something and they say, 'Hey, people are looking for you,'" said Rebecca Cook, a friend of the children.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2010/11/13/story-howard-knox-county-missing-people.html?sid=102
Stay with 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for continuing coverage.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2010, 04:32:39 PM »

Link to FACEbook page for the four missing, I searched for a FB on Mom and the friend but could not find anything:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pray-for-The-Maynard-Kids/174173612594279

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 05:55:42 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/13/friends-searching-women-kids-missing-ohio/

Ohio Sheriff: Blood Discovery May Be Key Factor in Missing Family Case

Published November 13, 2010 | Associated Press

HOWARD, Ohio -- An unusual amount of blood found in a missing woman's home is evidence of an injury apparently related to her disappearance with her two children and a female friend, a sheriff in Ohio said Saturday.

Knox County Sheriff David Barber did not say who investigators believe was injured inside the home of 32-year-old Tina Herrmann in Howard, about 60 miles north of Columbus, and he would not elaborate.

"The one thing I can say about it is that it's an unusual amount," Barber said of the blood. "It isn't from someone stubbing their toe or cutting their finger, you know, or peeling an apple or something like that."

Hermann was reported missing Wednesday, along with 13-year-old daughter Sarah Maynard, 10-year-old son Kody Maynard, and 41-year-old friend Stephanie Sprang.

Investigators were searching by air and land and in a private lake about a half-mile from the home. Friends and neighbors began their own search at about 7 a.m., leaving from nearby Kenyon College, not far from where Hermann's pickup truck was found Thursday night.

While investigators are continuing to question people and evaluate evidence, Barber said no activity has shown up on the women's cell phone or credit card accounts.

"We're asking people to keep a guarded but optimistic attitude about how this case is going to unfold," he said.

The sheriff on Friday said there was no indication that the women and children had been abducted. The friend's vehicle was found parked at the home.

Around the rural subdivision of Apple Valley, neighbors were increasingly concerned.

The state Highway Patrol, FBI and Center for Missing and Exploited Children were helping in the investigation, and Barber said the state Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation was continuing to collect evidence at the home.

Barring a major break in the case, Barber said he did not anticipate any further updates until 2 p.m. Sunday.

Amanda Strouse, 23, a resident of Mt. Vernon about 5 miles away, said she and companions took 10 dozen donuts to the site of an early-morning search attempt at a Kenyon College nature area where Herrmann's truck was found.

"Four people missing. That's kind of scary. And it could have been someone in our family," she said.

Barber said Sprang's three children -- 20, 17 and 9 -- have been questioned, and that her family and friends are wondering why and how she disappeared.

The discovery of Herrmann's truck near the Kenyon campus, about 7 miles from Howard, prompted the school to impose a lockdown for nearly nine hours, from Thursday night into Friday morning. Students were notified by e-mail, text message and telephone.

The e-mail to students said authorities warned college officials of "a potentially dangerous person in the vicinity." Shawn Presley, a Kenyon spokesman, said students were told to remain in their residence halls as a precaution; those outside or in other buildings were either personally escorted or driven back to their residence halls by campus safety officers.

Signs were still posted around the campus Saturday, where there was a visiting day for prospective students. The handbills alerted students to continue to be cautious and said that their buildings would be locked after 6 p.m.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 11:54:25 PM »

I find it very ironic that the boyfriend says he stayed the night at a friends house the night the went missing.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.