March 28, 2024, 07:56:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Four reported missing 11/12/10 Apple Valley OH (1 alive - 3 found dead)  (Read 75184 times)
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2010, 03:52:57 PM »

http://www.myspace.com/hotmatty4u1992

ummmmmm....that looks like him, but things don't add up, lol.

Wow, does lookl like him but this says he is only 21 and the one arrested is 30.  But you can be who you wanna be on MS and FB   

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2010, 03:54:33 PM »

Missing 13 Year Old Sarah Maynard Found Safe, One Arrest Made … Stephanie Sprang, Tina Herrmann & Kody Maynard Still Missing

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2010/11/14/missing-13-year-old-sarah-maynard-found-safe-one-arrest-made-stephanie-sprang-tina-herrmann-kody-maynard-still-missing/

Well this case just went from strange to bizarre. Four people missing, then one found at a separate location and the other three still missing? An abduction? Why?

Thank heavens one was found safe, hopefully the same can be said to be true for the rest.

I am feeling very guilty suspecting the ex-boyfriend so early on....so far nothing to indicate he knew Matt.  I am puzzled beyond belief    

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2010, 03:58:01 PM »

You can view the presser her

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/index.html

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2010, 04:03:17 PM »

http://admin.steamboatpilot.com/news/2001/jan/04/man_gets_eight/     
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2010, 04:14:58 PM »

Nut, he is supposed to be 30 and was arrested aboout 45 miles from Columbus, OH, I thought I read.

Plus, his Facebook status does not say arrested and in deep doo-doo. Wink
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2010, 04:15:16 PM »

Buckeye - thanks for the article, very interesting.  This young man turned out to be a monster...too bad he wasn't given more jail time.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2010, 04:17:11 PM »

Could not find him in the Ohio sex offenders registry

http://www.esorn.ag.state.oh.us/Secured/p21_2.aspx
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2010, 04:26:08 PM »

Buckeye - thanks for the article, very interesting.  This young man turned out to be a monster...too bad he wasn't given more jail time.

The sheriff said that Matthew J. Hoffman has been charged with Sarah Maynard's kidnapping. So is the dirtbags name Matthew J. Hoffman or John Matthew Hoffman?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2010, 04:33:47 PM »

Ohio teen found; whereabouts of brother, mom, friend unknownBy the CNN Wire Staff
November 14, 2010 -- Updated 2115 GMT (0515 HKT)

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Girl was taken to hospital for evaluation
She was recovered in an early morning raid
Sheriff: 30-year-old man faces one count of kidnapping

(CNN) -- A 13-year-old Ohio girl who had been missing since Wednesday along with her brother, mother and a family friend was found bound and gagged Sunday in the basement of a Mount Vernon, Ohio, home, authorities said.

Sarah Maynard was taken to a hospital for evaluation and treatment of non-life-threatening injuries, said Knox County Sheriff David Barber. Authorities have interviewed her "somewhat," he said, but would not divulge what was said. Police believe she has been held since Wednesday, he said.

The teen was recovered in an early morning raid on the home involving a SWAT team. Matthew Hoffman, 30, who lives in the home, was taken into custody following the raid about 8 a.m. ET, Barber said, and faces a kidnapping charge. Additional charges are expected, Barber said.

Sarah Maynard's mother, Tina Herrmann, 32, remains missing, along with 10-year-old Kody Maynard and Herrmann's friend, 41-year-old Stephanie Sprang.

Barber said a combination of intelligence information received and investigative work led authorities to the home. Authorities were hoping they would find all four people, but knew they might only find Sarah Maynard, he said.

Police were still investigating whether Hoffman knew any of the four people, he said. Asked if Hoffman was cooperating with authorities, Barber said he was not.

Herrmann failed to report to work at a Dairy Queen in Mount Vernon, in central Ohio, on Wednesday, Barber told CNN affiliate WBNS. A deputy twice went to her home in Howard, about nine miles east of Mount Vernon, and saw her pickup truck there. Although lights were on in the home, no one answered the door.

A Dairy Queen manager went into the home on Thursday and found blood inside, Barber told the station.

Hermann's truck was found Thursday night near Kenyon College in Gambier, Ohio, about seven miles southwest of Howard, authorities said.

The children were in school Wednesday, but not Thursday, the sheriff said. Sprang's car was found at Herrmann's home.

Asked about Hoffman's criminal record, Barber said he served prison time for an arson conviction in another state. He said authorities believe Hoffman could "absolutely" lead police to the other three.

Sarah Maynard, following her release from the hospital, likely would be sent to live with her father. Before she was found, Larry Maynard told WBNS, "I am expecting the worst, hoping for the best."

Donna Davis, who lives on the same street as the home where the girl was found, told WBNS Hoffman was a "weirdo" and that she made her children come indoors when he was outside.

"This doesn't happen in Mount Vernon," said another neighbor, Ronnetta Shults.

Mount Vernon is about 50 miles northeast of Columbus, Ohio.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/14/ohio.family.missing/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2010, 04:39:50 PM »

Matthew Hoffman

I wonder if this is the friend the boyfriend stayed with.
Good point!!! My hinky meter was on the boyfriend after seeing him on video. I hope I am wrong and the boyfriend was just a victim of circumstances.

Did anyone else hear on the original presser the spokesman said something to the effect that "Sarah, would be going to live with her father" ??? This implies to me that they think Mom could be deceased. I hope I just misunderstood.
I found on facebook that Bio Dad lives in Florida and the odd thing is he had a couple of "Hoffman's" on his friends list. Maybe Hoffman is like Smith in that area.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2010, 05:16:47 PM »

Wow, does lookl like him but this says he is only 21 and the one arrested is 30.  But you can be who you wanna be on MS and FB   
From looking at the photos, I don't think they are the same person.
If you look at their noses you can tell.. the photo earlier in this thread shows Matthew as having a more pointed nose with the nostrils flaring up on the outsides.. that myspace photo shows someone with a more broader nose with a flat end and the nostrils don't pull up on each side.

Photo of the person arrested posted earlier in this thread:

Myspace photos:
http://www.myspace.com/hotmatty4u1992/photos/albums/my-photos/122324
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2010, 05:29:18 PM »

Ohio teen found; whereabouts of brother, mom, friend unknownBy the CNN Wire Staff
November 14, 2010 -- Updated 2115 GMT (0515 HKT)

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Girl was taken to hospital for evaluation
She was recovered in an early morning raid
Sheriff: 30-year-old man faces one count of kidnapping

(CNN) -- A 13-year-old Ohio girl who had been missing since Wednesday along with her brother, mother and a family friend was found bound and gagged Sunday in the basement of a Mount Vernon, Ohio, home, authorities said.

Sarah Maynard was taken to a hospital for evaluation and treatment of non-life-threatening injuries, said Knox County Sheriff David Barber. Authorities have interviewed her "somewhat," he said, but would not divulge what was said. Police believe she has been held since Wednesday, he said.

The teen was recovered in an early morning raid on the home involving a SWAT team. Matthew Hoffman, 30, who lives in the home, was taken into custody following the raid about 8 a.m. ET, Barber said, and faces a kidnapping charge. Additional charges are expected, Barber said.

Sarah Maynard's mother, Tina Herrmann, 32, remains missing, along with 10-year-old Kody Maynard and Herrmann's friend, 41-year-old Stephanie Sprang.

Barber said a combination of intelligence information received and investigative work led authorities to the home. Authorities were hoping they would find all four people, but knew they might only find Sarah Maynard, he said.

Police were still investigating whether Hoffman knew any of the four people, he said. Asked if Hoffman was cooperating with authorities, Barber said he was not.

Herrmann failed to report to work at a Dairy Queen in Mount Vernon, in central Ohio, on Wednesday, Barber told CNN affiliate WBNS. A deputy twice went to her home in Howard, about nine miles east of Mount Vernon, and saw her pickup truck there. Although lights were on in the home, no one answered the door.

A Dairy Queen manager went into the home on Thursday and found blood inside, Barber told the station.

Hermann's truck was found Thursday night near Kenyon College in Gambier, Ohio, about seven miles southwest of Howard, authorities said.

The children were in school Wednesday, but not Thursday, the sheriff said. Sprang's car was found at Herrmann's home.

Asked about Hoffman's criminal record, Barber said he served prison time for an arson conviction in another state. He said authorities believe Hoffman could "absolutely" lead police to the other three.

Sarah Maynard, following her release from the hospital, likely would be sent to live with her father. Before she was found, Larry Maynard told WBNS, "I am expecting the worst, hoping for the best."

Donna Davis, who lives on the same street as the home where the girl was found, told WBNS Hoffman was a "weirdo" and that she made her children come indoors when he was outside.

"This doesn't happen in Mount Vernon," said another neighbor, Ronnetta Shults.

Mount Vernon is about 50 miles northeast of Columbus, Ohio.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/14/ohio.family.missing/

Is anyone curious as to how the police figured out she was staying in a house 50 miles away?

Most possibly a tip, but who would know she was there?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2010, 05:44:30 PM »

Marketplace Advertisement Man Arrested For Kidnapping Ohio Girl
Other Family Members Still Missing
Updated: Sunday, 14 Nov 2010, 1:12 PM PST
Published : Sunday, 14 Nov 2010, 1:12 PM PST

(NewsCore) - Knox County Sheriff David Barber said Sunday that 30-year-old Matthew J. Hoffman of Mount Vernon, Ohio has been arrested on one count of kidnapping for detaining 13-year-old Sarah Maynard against her will.

<snipped>

Media reports that a body bag was taken Sunday from the home where Sarah was kept were “absolutely false,” Barber said.

Barber said it was unknown if Hoffman had any connection to the family -- though he said Hoffman was not an ex-boyfriend of either Hermann or Sprang -- or if he worked alone.

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpps/news/man-arrested-for-kidnapping-ohio-girl-dpgonc-km-20101114_10615924?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2010, 05:46:01 PM »

Is anyone curious as to how the police figured out she was staying in a house 50 miles away?

Most possibly a tip, but who would know she was there?

I sure would like to know.

Janet

_____

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2010, 06:10:56 PM »

Okay....let's see if I can explain this.  The man arrested lives at 49 Columbus Rd., Mount Vernon OH

Sprang lived on Magers Road and Herrmann on King Beach Drive in Howard Township (Apple Valley area) which is apx. 10 miles from Mount Vernon.

In a previous post, it simply stated:
Mount Vernon is about 50 miles northeast of Columbus, Ohio. ............... just to give a general location of where Mount Vernon is located.

K?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2010, 06:51:34 PM »

http://law.rightpundits.com/?p=2499
Matthew J. Hoffman Arrested In Missing Ohio Family Case
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Matthew J. Hoffman, 30, has been arrested and charged with one count of kidnapping after 13 year old Sarah Maynard was found bound and gagged in his basement this morning, November 14, 2010.
Sarah Maynard’s mother, brother and a family friend are still missing.
More charges are expected.

Booking photo provided by the Knox County Sheriff

Matthew J. Hoffman Arrested In Missing Ohio Family Case (Photo)

Matthew J. Hoffman was arrested this Sunday morning in connection with the missing Ohio family and friend case that has mystified the nation. He has been charged with one count of kidnapping at this time, with more charges expected to follow.

Tina Herrmann, 32, daughter Sarah Maynard, 13, son Kody Maynard, 10, and a 41-year-old friend Stephanie Sprang, all vanished Wednesday, November 10, 2010.
An intensive air and ground search yielded nothing until this morning.

Shortly before 8:00 AM today, November 14, 2010, police allegedly forced their way in to Matthew Hoffman’s residence and rescued 13 year old Sarah Maynard. She was found in the basement, bound and gagged. She is currently in the hospital with non-life threatening injuries while the others remain missing.

Neighbors had earlier reported that police had removed a person in a body bag. Authorities claim that report is false.
    “We have no one that we’re aware of who is deceased,”Knox County Sheriff David Barber said. “So we’re still treating this as a missing person’s case.”
    “We were hopeful of finding more than one of the missing people in the house,” he said. “But the information we had was that Sarah would definitely be found in that house.”

Barber also said he was hoping that Matthew ‘Matt’ Hoffman would offer information on the three still missing. While Hoffman did not resist arrest, reports say that he is not cooperating with law enforcement. He did not say what lead to Matt Hoffman’s arrest.

It’s not known what, if any, connection Matthew J. Hoffman had to the family or their friend. Police have said that he was never a boyfriend / ex-boyfriend of Tina Herrmann or Stephanie Sprang.

Hoffman has two addresses, one is 49 Columbus Road, about ten miles from Sarah Maynard’s home. The other is listed as 3730 Apple Valley Drive.

The second address is a home owned by Hoffman’s parents and is within walking distance to the home from which the four people were reported missing last Wednesday.

At this point, I’m thinking this was not a tragic, random event.

What say you? If you have any thoughts on ‘Matthew J. Hoffman Arrested In Missing Ohio Family Case’, please leave them in the comment section.
Do you think this was random, or were Sarah Maynard and her family and friend targeted? Is more than one person involved? Will Tina Herrmann, Stephanie Sprang and Kody Maynard be found safe?
Sarah Maynard is listed in good condition and if her mother isn’t found between now and the time of her release from the hospital, she will be placed in her father’s care.

You are urged to call the Knox County Sheriff’s Office at 740-397-3333 if you have any information on this case.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2010, 07:26:58 PM »

Okay....let's see if I can explain this.  The man arrested lives at 49 Columbus Rd., Mount Vernon OH

Sprang lived on Magers Road and Herrmann on King Beach Drive in Howard Township (Apple Valley area) which is apx. 10 miles from Mount Vernon.

Mount Vernon is about 50 miles northeast of Columbus, Ohio. ............... just to give a general location of where Mount Vernon is located.

K?

Voice of reason, thanks.

I still would like to know how the police figured it out.

Very Happy
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2010, 08:50:30 PM »

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2010/11/14/story-mount-vernon-ohio-missing-girl-found.html?sid=102

Missing Girl Found Safe; Man In Custody
Sunday,  November 14, 2010 11:45 AM
Updated: Sunday,  November 14, 2010 6:46 PM
WBNS-10TV

MOUNT VERNON, Ohio — A 13-year-old who was missing since Wednesday was found safe inside the basement of a home on Sunday morning.

Sarah Maynard was bound and gagged when authorities entered the house, located at 49 Columbus Rd., at about 8 a.m., Knox County Sheriff David Barber said.

Matthew J. Hoffman was taken into custody inside the home and was charged with one count of kidnapping.  Additional charges were expected to be filed, Barber said.

"We believe (Maynard) was taken sometime on Wednesday and (Hoffman) has had control of ever since," Barber said.

Maynard, her younger brother Kody, 11; their mother, Tina Herrmann, 32; and a family friend, Stephanie Sprang, 41, have been missing since Wednesday.

Barber said that he believes Hoffman, 30, abducted Sarah Maynard.

"It's obvious that (Hoffman) found his way to her and to their home," Barber said.

Barber would not say how authorities learned that the girl was inside Hoffman's home.

Hoffman's neighbors said that they heard a loud noise at about 8 a.m. at the time law enforcement entered his home.

"We were hopeful that we would find more than one (person), but our information was most definitely that Sarah was going to be in that house," Barber said.

Investigators have not given up hope that the other three are still alive, 10TV's Jason Frazer reported.  On Sunday, dozens of people searched nearby Foundation Park for anything that could lead them to the three missing people.

"This doesn't happen in Mount Vernon," said Ronnetta Shults, who assisted in searching the park.

Maynard was taken to Knox Community Hospital for evaluation.  She was expected to be OK, 10TV News reported.

Hoffman also has a home on Apple Valley Drive in nearby Howard, Ohio, the same street where the Maynard children disappeared with Herrmann and Sprang.

Court records showed that Hoffman was convicted of setting fire to a Steamboat Springs, Colo., condominium complex, causing $2 million in damage.  Investigators said that in 2000, he used 10 gallons of gasoline to commit the arson.

Hoffman admitted the arson to cover up a burglary that he committed there, according to court records and news accounts from the time.

Sixteen people were evacuated and prosecutors said that it was a "miracle" that nobody died.

In 2001, Hoffman was sentenced to eight years in prison.

"I don't want to make (your sentence) too long," the judge said.  "I want you to have hope and take advantage of the programs in prison."

Hoffman was supposed to pay $2 million restitution.  Court records showed that he paid about $5,000.  It was not clear from court records whether Hoffman was still on parole, 10 Investigates' Paul Aker reported.

Hoffman's neighbors along Columbus Road said that he moved into the five-bedroom home about a year ago.  They said that he lived alone and had a history of strange behavior that made them uncomfortable.

"At first, (Hoffman) seemed like he was OK," said Donna Davis, his next door neighbor.  "Then, I started making my kids come in when he was outside."

Davis told 10TV's Glenn McEntyre that initially, Hoffman seemed more odd than menacing.

"He was a weirdo," Davis said.  "If you look back here in the tree, there's a hammock where he would sit and watch people.  He's just different.  He would always walk over to the gravel pit with bags and sometimes not bring them back.  Sometimes he would."

The former gravel pit that Davis mentioned is now known as Foundation Park, a few blocks from Hoffman's home.

"I told the FBI this morning, 'Go check the gravel pit if they're looking for anything, because that's where he always walked,'" Davis said.

Volunteers, including Sprang's brother, searched the park on Sunday.

Davis said that although she saw and heard nothing strange in the days leading up to Sunday's arrest but over the last four days, she was growing increasingly wary Hoffman.

"He said to my friend that he wanted to punch my kid in the face, and my kid is 8. So the guy's disturbed, obviously," Davis said.

Two people who spoke with McEntyre said that Hoffman had recently assaulted a former girlfriend.

Hoffman was expected to be in court on Monday, 10TV News reported.

No one has seen or heard from the missing women or children since Wednesday, when Herrmann failed to show up for work.  On Thursday, both of her children were absent from school.

Barber said that special attention was being paid to blood that was found inside Herrmann's home.  Barber called the amount of blood "unusual."

"It is obvious that someone was injured in the house," Barber said.

Kody A. Maynard is 4 feet, 10 inches tall, weighing 70 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.

Sprang is 5 feet, 3 inches tall, weighing 110 pounds, with blonde hair and green eyes.

Herrmann is 5 feet, 6 inches tall, weighing 122 pounds, with sandy blonde hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact the Knox County Sheriff's Office at 740-397-3333.

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »

Okay....let's see if I can explain this.  The man arrested lives at 49 Columbus Rd., Mount Vernon OH

K?

Voice of reason, thanks.

I still would like to know how the police figured it out.

Very Happy

I read in one of the articles that his parents lived just 4 or 5 houses from where the victims lived. Maybe they could have told the police something.

2 4 1
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2010, 09:32:31 PM »

I read in one of the articles that his parents lived just 4 or 5 houses from where the victims lived. Maybe they could have told the police something.

Yes.  I think that the relative locations of the two homes just may have a connection.

I was hoping there would be an update in regards to the whereabouts other three by now.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.