April 20, 2024, 06:04:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Earmarks - Congress, White House, & Main Street  (Read 991 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 13, 2010, 06:11:02 AM »

I keep listening to politicians talk about earmarks.  Earmarks, socializing the cost of pet projects on every American.

The alternative?  Ask the folks in the district to find the money, hold a bake sale, or do some soul searching to determine if these things are really needed.  Why should everyone pay for your pork?  If you can't find the will to get these things done in your district, why do it on the backs of the Federal taxpayer?   

THE NATION IS BROKE.  HYPERINFLATION.  AND, THEY HAVE THE NERVE TO KEEP SPENDING ON EARMARKS?  ARE THEY DEAF AS THE PRESIDENT?

One argument I heard was that if they didn't earmark the money, the administration would.  Is it better to let Obama earmark that money?  That's a no brainer.

What does it really tell me?  If there is ANY money for pet projects/pork, that's a place to start cutting. 

Does that make sense?  If we earmark, is there still money for the President to earmark?  Why not just cut all that money out and let the district hold a bake sale?  Find popular support for those projects/pork? 

Pork should not be a reward.  Why are Federal taxpayers paying for these unpopular ideas?

Just my humble opinions.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.