April 27, 2024, 08:03:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #585 2/25 - 3/2/2007  (Read 107172 times)
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #220 on: February 27, 2007, 01:32:48 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "msmarple"
Very nice, klaas.

What's scary is how long something like that could be  Shocked  - if ALL of the lies were included.

I know..I had to cut it off otherwise it would have been too long.  Think I'll do Deepak next.  Maybe I'll figure out how to incorporate part of the Skeeters video where he says Natalee was dressed like a slut.  Wink

I am as usual unable to "get it up".....bummer...i bet it is great KLASS

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #221 on: February 27, 2007, 01:34:34 PM »

I do not have a weight issue, I was always very thin ( see the ribs ) and I wonder why ???  Surprised  Surprised until the past few years. Just need to remove about ten pounds right now.
There is alot of attention being paid to childhood obesity because it is a serious issue with heart problems and diabeties. But I think it has to do with all the prepared food we consume because of the lives we lead.
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #222 on: February 27, 2007, 01:34:38 PM »

Beth Twitty Speaks
http://www.whsv.com:80/news/headlines/6095821.html

dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #223 on: February 27, 2007, 01:37:56 PM »

Beth Twitty Speaks Out

Beth Twitty addressed this very issue at Bridgewater College Monday night. The safe traveling tips Twitty gave come at a very important time for upcoming spring breakers. Beth Twitty has never given up hope for the search of her daughter. But as she continues to follow up on leads, Twitty has also become an advocate for safe travel, making sure young students are educated about where they are going so a bad situation doesn't happen.

Natalee Holloway's mother Beth Twitty encourages that students go after every opportunity they get and to travel abroad as much as possible.

“It's just about making a plan, getting educated, investigating the infrastructure of the country you're visiting, so you can just be proactive instead of reactive if something tragic should happen," says Beth Holloway Twitty.

Many students are familiar with Natalee's story, and with spring break a few days away this really hits home.

"That that can be me, it's not just anybody, I've gotten in a car with people I don't know and gotten back to campus, it's just the thing, and it can happen to anybody, not just a random person with blonde hair," says Hope Stanley, a Bridgewater student.

Twitty told students to never tell strangers what day they leave the country, and to make sure they never leave clubs alone.

"If I put myself in a situation like that I'm going to have to think back to what she said and that's going to impact my situation and my circumstances," says Stanley.

Twitty says it's too late for her family to be educated, but it's not too late for others.

"I just want people to just to make a plan and just be more prepared when you leave our borders," says Twitty.

Auburn University is working with curriculum in conjunction with the safe travel foundation, a foundation that Twitty is starting up to educate others about safe traveling.

If you would like to learn more about the foundation or safe traveling, you can log onto our Web site and click on the featured links section.
http://www.whsv.com:80/news/headlines/6095821.html

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #224 on: February 27, 2007, 01:37:58 PM »

Poutine : French fries, gravy and cheese curds.
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #225 on: February 27, 2007, 01:39:04 PM »

Wow, I just got the dreaded "Debug Mode Error".

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #226 on: February 27, 2007, 01:40:36 PM »

Quote from: "dkpen"
Wow, I just got the dreaded "Debug Mode Error".

Oh no!
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #227 on: February 27, 2007, 01:41:04 PM »

Quote from: "MeMere"
Good morning robots... Very Happy

hiya  Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2007, 01:44:25 PM »

http://www.montrealpoutine.com/history.html
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #229 on: February 27, 2007, 01:45:37 PM »

Kat, BT - When I was a kid I couldn't eat "white" things; just seeing a bowl of mashed potatoes or white rice gagged me.

White bread had to be well toasted. Eggs scrambled. Oatmeal yes, grits no.

Plus, NO milk or other dairy products. Mother used to give me half milk, half coffee, in a glass, with sugar, just to get some milk down me. I only ate home-made ice cream (fortunately, we did this often during the summer).

My dad would try to make me eat these things, but my mom helped me out ...  Laughing  Poor woman, trying to please such markedly different tastes.

I'm a very adventurous eater now, but still not much on dairy items (not even butter or whipped cream, and I drink my coffee black).

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #230 on: February 27, 2007, 01:51:09 PM »

Kat, BT - When I was a kid I couldn't eat "white" things; just seeing a bowl of mashed potatoes or white rice gagged me.

White bread had to be well toasted. Eggs scrambled. Oatmeal yes, grits no.

Plus, NO milk or other dairy products. Mother used to give me half milk, half coffee, in a glass, with sugar, just to get some milk down me. I only ate home-made ice cream (fortunately, we did this often during the summer).

My dad would try to make me eat these things, but my mom helped me out ...  Laughing  Poor woman, trying to please such markedly different tastes.

I'm a very adventurous eater now, but still not much on dairy items (not even butter or whipped cream, and I drink my coffee black).

Wow, I gotta have my white rice. I love Jasmin sticky white rice and I love mashed potato's with gravy. Or a baked potato fully loaded. Yum!
Oatmeal, yuck!  Now that's some gross stuff there. LOL

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #231 on: February 27, 2007, 01:51:43 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"

Thank you Kat. Sounds good to me. Most foods do. LOL

Just a swinging with the tribe
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #232 on: February 27, 2007, 01:57:38 PM »

The SIL code name Icky Picky does not eat fish, cheese, pizza, pork.
Will not even eat brownies of there are nuts in them. Now that is an Icky Picky eater !!
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #233 on: February 27, 2007, 02:10:32 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"

This is a new one for me; never heard of it before. Is it brown gravy? Are the cheese curds like cottage cheese?

Is it available WITHOUT cheese curds?  Laughing (That dairy thing, remember.)

"Poutine" sounds like a French word to me; is it also somehow an Irish dish? (Or have I missed a memo  Laughing  ??)

I have made the (white) Irish soda bread, just as an experiment. To me, corned beef with cabbage, potatoes, and/or turnip roots - the "boiled dinner" - represents Irish food and I used to make that sometimes for St. Patrick's Day.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #234 on: February 27, 2007, 02:32:04 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"

This is a new one for me; never heard of it before. Is it brown gravy? Are the cheese curds like cottage cheese?

Is it available WITHOUT cheese curds?  Laughing (That dairy thing, remember.)

"Poutine" sounds like a French word to me; is it also somehow an Irish dish? (Or have I missed a memo  Laughing  ??)

I have made the (white) Irish soda bread, just as an experiment. To me, corned beef with cabbage, potatoes, and/or turnip roots - the "boiled dinner" - represents Irish food and I used to make that sometimes for St. Patrick's Day.

When I first read the "Poutine"  I thought you guys were saying Pootang  Shocked  Laughing   That'll teach me to read more carefully! Laughing  Laughing

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #235 on: February 27, 2007, 02:40:16 PM »

Leslie would now more about the Poutine, I have only seen the kind with
the cheese curds and gravy. It is a food that originated in Montreal. I suppose there are other varieties. Gourmet poutine ? I have been at restaurants here where ppl have ordered it. It is not bad smelling or anything, but it has more to do with me and my food things. I eat fries. I eat gravy. I eat cheese. I do not like curds or lumpy things and gravy on cheese does not appeal to me. It is a food that was unique to Quebec but is now being introduced to the rest of the world.
Strange thing, when I was in Quebec a couple of years ago, I didn't see it ? Or maybe I did because we did eat at a couple of fast food places
but overlooked it. ????
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #236 on: February 27, 2007, 03:03:14 PM »

Will not even eat brownies if there are nuts in them. Now that is an Icky Picky eater !!

I am the same way - love brownies and like nuts but, please, don't put them together.  They belong apart.  Same goes for chocolate covered raisins - what a waste of chocolate and raisins...  
Poutine, pronounced POO TEEN is best experienced at a diner in a small town in Quebec.  That's where you get a heaping deep plate full of dark brown french fries swimming in gravy and topped off with an inch of solid cheese curds.  They don't ask you what do you want in the poutine (onions, foie gras, smoked meat) because... that ain't poutine.  In Montreal; the fries are golden, the gravy is a topping and the cheese curds are runny and it is served in a soup bowl.  It's poutine lite - not the real thing.  I don't eat it a lot, but just knowing that Chez Diane on rue Principale is only 5 minutes away gives me peace of mind.  
It's 60 degrees fahrenheit in the sun today and all the snow is melting.

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #237 on: February 27, 2007, 03:21:23 PM »

Strange thing, when I was in Quebec a couple of years ago, I didn't see it ? Or maybe I did because we did eat at a couple of fast food places but overlooked it. ????

You were in Saint-Sauveur, if I remember correctly.  That place is a little too fancy smancy for the real poutine.  All the kids, from Montreal,  who grew up on french fries, gravy and cheese curds (and Pepsi and Mae West) go to "Sauveur" to walk around in ski outfits and eat at Thai restaurants.  You have to go down the road to Chez Johnny in St. Jerome.  Look for a restaurant with people sitting at the counter smoking and watching the TV in the corner.  If the front window has huge stencils of hotdogs, hamburgers and steaming plates of poutine - you are at the right place.

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #238 on: February 27, 2007, 03:38:08 PM »

Good morning monkeys!
What do I wake up to this morning?  Gravy on cheese!   I love gravy and I love cheese but cannot imagine the two together.  
Just to get even I will post one of our famous snacks which is pretty well isolated to South Australia, thank goodness.

PIE FLOATER
Unique to the state of South Australia the pie floater is a minced meat pie floating is a sea of thick split pea soup and topped liberally with tomato sauce, which is more savoury that American ketchup. Typically, they are only available extremely late at night from caravans (pie carts?) parked around inner Adelaide.
(Suppose I should post this in the Aussie thread?)
Here is a picture if your imagination fails you :

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #239 on: February 27, 2007, 03:50:03 PM »

Looks like I have chased our Canadian monkeys away!!!!
Oh well, I will go do some chores and check back later.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.