April 28, 2024, 05:13:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #585 2/25 - 3/2/2007  (Read 107229 times)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #240 on: February 27, 2007, 04:04:51 PM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Strange thing, when I was in Quebec a couple of years ago, I didn't see it ? Or maybe I did because we did eat at a couple of fast food places but overlooked it. ????

You were in Saint-Sauveur, if I remember correctly.  That place is a little too fancy smancy for the real poutine.  All the kids, from Montreal,  who grew up on french fries, gravy and cheese curds (and Pepsi and Mae West) go to "Sauveur" to walk around in ski outfits and eat at Thai restaurants.  You have to go down the road to Chez Johnny in St. Jerome.  Look for a restaurant with people sitting at the counter smoking and watching the TV in the corner.  If the front window has huge stencils of hotdogs, hamburgers and steaming plates of poutine - you are at the right place.
[/b]
I really liked Saint-Sauveur. We mostly ate where we stayed and then went out later ( walking ) . It was so peaceful. The shops were very overpriced, but I did get a deal on a very nice brooch.
We had to hang around Dorval for hours and I did see places like you described. We have our places here too for the fries. Real potatoes, lots of grease, tons of vinegar and salt. There is a place where you can get a nickel bag ( $5.00 worth or fries ) that will feed everyone you know, past present and future. For me, a once a year thing in spring when Greasy Mike's or whatever his name is opens.
It is still cold here, but not as bad. Haven't seen the sun for days.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #241 on: February 27, 2007, 04:07:05 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Looks like I have chased our Canadian monkeys away!!!!
Oh well, I will go do some chores and check back later.

No, just need to go out. That floating pie is kool, but I do not want any !! !
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #242 on: February 27, 2007, 04:13:48 PM »

I just posted the message below in the Atlanta lunch thread in the Lounge. I wanted to repeat it here to be sure everyone who is interested sees it.

Okay, Lunch Monkeys - we have settled on a location. If you have indicated to me that you are planning to attend, you should have received an e-mail from me today regarding where we'll be meeting. If you didn't, and you are planning to be there, please e-mail me at sockmonkey_mom@yahoo.com

We will need a definite head count as soon as possible so that we can make sure we get a table big enough to seat our group.

Thanks.  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2007, 04:33:58 PM »

From Dutch poster Navin on BFN

(appears to be a quote from DeVries on his blog re NH case)

"I expect there will be many new developments in our case, prior to May 30th 2007. I continue to remain positive and confident there will soon be resolution."
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #244 on: February 27, 2007, 05:04:45 PM »

The Dana Pretzer Show: February 27th 2007 - 9 pm ET - Special Guests Lafern Watkins, Pixie Monroe, and Clint Van Zandt

Special Guests:

Lafern Watkins - Southern California Broadcasters Association - Women In Radio and TV
Pixie Monroe - Hollywood Casting Director Monroe Casting and Production - Army Golden Nights and Stars Parachute Jump
Clint Van Zandt - Clay Moore Case, and School Bus Stop Safety.

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/radio/
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #245 on: February 27, 2007, 06:12:41 PM »

Quote from: "igsigs"

"I expect there will be many new developments in our case, prior to May 30th 2007. I continue to remain positive and confident there will soon be resolution."
I pray he is right. Something is stirring the pot and has "wonder woman" (who is probably an old ugly man) stirring up her sh*t pot on the hate sites. And to think that others actually beleive that crap., that he/she spews out! LMAO!
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #246 on: February 27, 2007, 06:31:13 PM »

I will return later for the radio show. Klaas, I started a thread,  and I hope the link I put in it doesn't blow the margins? thanks!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #247 on: February 27, 2007, 06:32:07 PM »

Kool... I was at some Dutch sites today looking for the Book, have the publisher's name SIJTHOFF and the writer Z. Vukojevic, but can not find anything.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #248 on: February 27, 2007, 06:58:48 PM »

TIBRON____

ummm...that looked good to me!!!!! Laughing ..........note to self...when in australia......

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #249 on: February 27, 2007, 07:11:30 PM »

5.00 bags-french fries.I have been out of school to long.

Live with hope,looking for justice
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #250 on: February 27, 2007, 07:21:13 PM »

lucky cats don't eat french fries......

library is closing---nite monkeys---- Cool

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #251 on: February 27, 2007, 07:34:02 PM »

Just checking to see if the avatar worked. Thanks CBB, Klaas and Anna for EVERYTHING! Laughing

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #252 on: February 27, 2007, 07:36:38 PM »

Quote from: "Elaine"

I pray he is right. Something is stirring the pot and has "wonder woman" (who is probably an old ugly man) stirring up her sh*t pot on the hate sites. And to think that others actually beleive that crap., that he/she spews out! LMAO!
I just wanted to add that as far as the Deepak emails, I do not know if I beleive in those or not. But I do know that this wonder woman character, did not bring them forward in an attempt to help Natalee's case. WW thought that the Deepak emails would prove him innocent. If they even were real, they were just a smokescreen IMO. WW has been slamming Beth, the Twittys etc. Even when WW did come here it was to argue. WW has all kind of theories, I call them garbage.  And just so that WW knows, this is not the entire forum's opinion, it is my opinion.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #253 on: February 27, 2007, 07:37:52 PM »

Quote from: "IBE"
Just checking to see if the avatar worked. Thanks CBB, Klaas and Anna for EVERYTHING! Laughing
You look cute IBE!  Very Happy
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: February 27, 2007, 07:46:22 PM »

I just wanted to add that as far as the Deepak emails, I do not know if I beleive in those or not. But I do know that this wonder woman character, did not bring them forward in an attempt to help Natalee's case. WW thought that the Deepak emails would prove him innocent. If they even were real, they were just a smokescreen IMO. WW has been slamming Beth, the Twittys etc. Even when WW did come here it was to argue. WW has all kind of theories, I call them garbage.  And just so that WW knows, this is not the entire forum's opinion, it is my opinion.

I agree 100%.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2007, 07:52:25 PM »

Beth Twitty
NANCY GRACE
October 4, 2005

GRACE: ...... while you were out combing the island, they called a meeting, a meeting at the pool behind the judge`s house of lawyers, the Kalpoe family, Joran Van Der Sloot, his father, for what?

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY: What he was doing was helping the boys get their stories straight, Nancy. He was instructing the boys how to get your story straight. If all stories match, in 10 days you will be free.

GRACE: And what about the hard drive?

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY: Well he also told the guys once they got their stories straight to begin e-mailing this and then use your hard drive to nail an alibi.

GRACE: And not to use your cell phone.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: February 27, 2007, 07:55:39 PM »

DATE: February 27, 2007
http://www.nbc4.tv/news/11128216/detail.html

Aruban Brothers Want Natalee Holloway Lawsuit Dismissed

LOS ANGELES -- A lawsuit filed in Los Angeles against two Aruban brothers by the parents of missing Alabama teen Natalee Holloway should be dismissed on grounds the case has no connection to California, the siblings' lawyers argue in court papers obtained Tuesday.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge George Wu will consider the motion brought on behalf of Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, but no date was immediately set. The next scheduled hearing in the case is April 2.

The brothers' attorney, Kristina M. Beck, filed court papers last Tuesday in support of the dismissal.

The Kalpoes and another Aruban resident, Joran van der Sloot, have been the subject of scrutiny by Aruban authorities and the U.S. media. All three were arrested in connection with the Holloway case and later released.

Beck's court papers state that an important ruling occurred Jan. 24, when another Los Angeles Superior Court judge, Edward A. Ferns, ruled that the wrongful death claim of the teen's parents against the Kalpoes is substantially different from the siblings' defamation case against "Dr. Phil" McGraw.

"These actions do not arise from the same or substantially identical transactions, happenings or events...," Ferns wrote, in ruling that both cases should not be kept before the same judge.

The Kalpoes sued McGraw and CBS Television on Dec. 13, alleging they were defamed in a Sept. 15, 2005, show dealing with the still-unsolved case. Although the Kalpoe brothers had been released from Aruban police custody, the "Dr. Phil" episode suggested they gave Holloway a date rape drug and had non- consensual group sex with her, according to their lawsuit.

The episode also implied the siblings helped kill Holloway and dispose of her body, according to the lawsuit.

The Kalpoes and van der Sloot have maintained that they were not involved in her disappearance and did not have sex with her.

In addition to defamation, the Kalpoes' suit alleges invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy.

Natalee Holloway's parents, Elizabeth Ann Twitty of Alabama and Dave E. Holloway of Mississippi, filed a wrongful death suit against the Kalpoes the next day, even though their daughter's body has never been found and Aruban authorities have not determined if she is dead or alive.

Natalee Holloway was vacationing with friends on the Caribbean island resort when the 18-year-old disappeared the night of May 30, 2005.

Twitty and Dave Holloway, who are divorced, maintain that by bringing an action against McGraw in Los Angeles, the Kalpoes voluntarily submitted themselves to the Los Angeles Superior Court jurisdiction.

But in her court papers, Beck argues that Twitty and Holloway are not part of the defamation case; that the alleged misconduct by the defendants in the lawsuits occurred in two entirely different locations -- Aruba and California; and that one suit involves wrongful death and the other defamation.

In support of her motion, Beck attached to her court papers a declaration by the Kalpoe brothers' mother, Kemwattie Ramirez, stating that her sons live with her in Aruba and have no ties to California.

"Neither Deepak nor Satish has ever traveled to California, or anywhere within the United States, for business or pleasure," according to their mother, who also said her sons have no business, employment of financial ties to California.

Twitty and Dave Holloway also filed a wrongful death suit last year in New York against van der Sloot and his father, but a judge there also threw it out for lack of jurisdiction.

Meanwhile, a motion is set before Judge Ferns on Thursday in the defamation case.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: February 27, 2007, 08:34:13 PM »

Thanks Klaas.

http://www.myspace.com/deepakkalpoe

The area specified is Florida ... I do not know much about American geography but I do believe that Florida is in the United States.  LOL

Deepak logged in today.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #258 on: February 27, 2007, 08:45:31 PM »

Hi everyone!

Although both lawsuits are not involved with one another, it all falls back to the same denomiator. "Natalee"  And it always will.

dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #259 on: February 27, 2007, 08:48:07 PM »

Quote from: "Tamikosmom"
Thanks Klaas.

http://www.myspace.com/deepakkalpoe

The area specified is Florida ... I do not know much about American geography but I do believe that Florida is in the United States.  LOL

Deepak logged in today.

Janet

Like many others on Aruba, they have Florida or USA POBox addresses or use someone elses in the USA. I was told by someone in Aruba he has a Florida POBox and uses it to keep from paying taxes or higher taxes.
I take it as a use for money laundering but they will never admit to that.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.