April 27, 2024, 04:34:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #585 2/25 - 3/2/2007  (Read 107198 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #300 on: February 27, 2007, 11:54:20 PM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST AND YOUTUBE VIDEO:

Deepak Kalpoe: “All People Lie, Even Big People” … Some More than Others

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2007/02/27/deepak-kalpoe-all-people-lie-even-big-people-some-more-than-others/
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #301 on: February 27, 2007, 11:56:46 PM »

OT...

I am having trouble re-sizing some pictures I took with my digital camera. I put the card into my tower and the pictures are so huge that you can't see the whole thing. A friend once told me how to save them in a certain program so that it would resize it to email to people. Does anybody have any advice? TIA@

Bring Natalee home...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: February 28, 2007, 12:00:46 AM »

Quote from: "mishy"
OT...

I am having trouble re-sizing some pictures I took with my digital camera. I put the card into my tower and the pictures are so huge that you can't see the whole thing. A friend once told me how to save them in a certain program so that it would resize it to email to people. Does anybody have any advice? TIA@

Often times digital cameras come with software, did yours?
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #303 on: February 28, 2007, 12:11:08 AM »

I'm not sure Klaas. There's some other stuff that came with it, like a printer and then something that helps the pictures get on the printer or something weird like that...(can you tell I haven't thoroughly checked it out?)  What kind of software am I looking for? A disk or something? If so, I don't have one of those...

ALso, my digital camera has a delay on it...when I snap the picture it doesn't get the picture I want most of the time (mainly because my daughter won't stay still). Is this something that can be adjusted, ya think?

Bring Natalee home...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: February 28, 2007, 12:12:28 AM »

I'm not sure Klaas. There's some other stuff that came with it, like a printer and then something that helps the pictures get on the printer or something weird like that...(can you tell I haven't thoroughly checked it out?)  What kind of software am I looking for? A disk or something? If so, I don't have one of those...

ALso, my digital camera has a delay on it...when I snap the picture it doesn't get the picture I want most of the time (mainly because my daughter won't stay still). Is this something that can be adjusted, ya think?

It would be a disc/cd that you would download to your PC.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #305 on: February 28, 2007, 12:14:15 AM »

OK, thanks Klaas. I was hoping there would be something on my windows XP machine that I could use to resize it so it would be ok to email...I know I've used it before... Confused

Going to go check out the FP. Have a great evening all!!

Bring Natalee home...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #306 on: February 28, 2007, 12:16:30 AM »

OK, thanks Klaas. I was hoping there would be something on my windows XP machine that I could use to resize it so it would be ok to email...I know I've used it before... Confused

There might be something, but it would be a software program.  I can't think of one that comes with Windows XP off the top of my head though.

Edited to add:  WindowsXP is the operating system and different manufacturers add different software programs.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #307 on: February 28, 2007, 12:42:20 AM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Quote from: "igsigs"
From Dutch poster Navin on BFN

(appears to be a quote from DeVries on his blog re NH case)

"I expect there will be many new developments in our case, prior to May 30th 2007. I continue to remain positive and confident there will soon be resolution."

Kool... I was at some Dutch sites today looking for the Book, have the publisher's name SIJTHOFF and the writer Z. Vukojevic, but can not find anything.

What book? Has DeVries written one?

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #308 on: February 28, 2007, 12:50:39 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

There might be something, but it would be a software program.  I can't think of one that comes with Windows XP off the top of my head though.

Edited to add:  WindowsXP is the operating system and different manufacturers add different software programs.

You might try downloading Google's Picasa software.  It is free and has many photo edit features.  I'm sure you could resize and email with it.
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #309 on: February 28, 2007, 12:52:21 AM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"
Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Quote from: "igsigs"
From Dutch poster Navin on BFN

(appears to be a quote from DeVries on his blog re NH case)

"I expect there will be many new developments in our case, prior to May 30th 2007. I continue to remain positive and confident there will soon be resolution."

Kool... I was at some Dutch sites today looking for the Book, have the publisher's name SIJTHOFF and the writer Z. Vukojevic, but can not find anything.

What book? Has DeVries written one?

That would be great. But i think Kat is talking about Joran's book.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #310 on: February 28, 2007, 01:10:06 AM »

Hi guys! Amazon used to have info about Joran's book, but when I last looked, they were only offering pre-sale. It wasn't the English Amazon site, it was all in Dutch.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #311 on: February 28, 2007, 01:36:26 AM »

Indy:  I love, I mean love chocolate covered raisins.  

We've heard so many times from Aruba that there'd be action in the case and nothing.  I hope the Dutch are finding the holes in the investigation and plugging some of them.  

I think one of our local Aldermen (alderperson?) is from Aruba.  The feds have been poking around our city for a couple of years and indicting various officials on corruption charges.  One of the most recent was accused of corruption and supposedly is romantically involved with a leader of a major street gang.  When the FBI showed up at her door early one morning, she refused to answer the door.  They knew she was there so they broke a window and arrested her.  Hasn't gone to trial yet.  Today was election day for local officials and, because in this great country you are innocent until proven guilty, she ran for Alderman of her district again.  She lost.  She was on TV yelling 'THIS IS A CONSPIRACY'.   Shocked I'm thinking she's from Aruba and her real name is Croes.  Not so far fetched when you consider that her first name is Arenda (or something close to that).

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #312 on: February 28, 2007, 02:20:16 AM »

Klaas,

The tickle site that said Depak was in FLA and updated today... can someone make up a site and not even be Depak?

Would someone be trying to "pull our leg"?

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #313 on: February 28, 2007, 02:22:04 AM »

Also, maybe Joran didn't have mono, maybe he and his mom were working with the book and book publishers?

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #314 on: February 28, 2007, 03:06:33 AM »

Hi everyone!

Just a fly by and off to dream land. I could not resist posting this after I saw it on Diario.

Ain't it the truth: Aruba to expensive

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #315 on: February 28, 2007, 03:18:57 AM »

Quote from: "Cat"
5.00 bags-french fries.I have been out of school to long.

Well it is a very big bag. The kids said they were going to Greasy Mike's to get a nickel bag. I was happy to find out they were speaking of French Fries. They knew that I knew what the other nickel bag was.  Laughing  Laughing
ps a nickel bag was a little bag of organic plant material that was purchased to roll into smoking objects.
I was never into that stuff and am very anti drug . Do not care if others partake of the organics, but not me or mine.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #316 on: February 28, 2007, 03:24:38 AM »

Meanwhile, a motion is set before Judge Ferns on Thursday in the defamation case.
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #317 on: February 28, 2007, 05:58:38 AM »

Hi Monkeys, have been off the air since my last posting.  No idea what happened but lost my computer and have spent all this time trying to convince it to work.  So far so good but have lost one browser and now using the default one which I do not like.  Hope it starts up again tomorrow
but if I disappear off the radar for a day or so you will know it is the computer and not me.  Fingers crossed for me please monkeys.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #318 on: February 28, 2007, 07:48:17 AM »

Attention Atlanta Lunch Monkeys

Please check your e-mail for a message I sent last night.

The location of the lunch might have changed from where you originally thought it was going to be.

TY  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #319 on: February 28, 2007, 09:03:25 AM »

Diario
http://www.diarioaruba.com/
Amigoe
http://www.amigoe.com/english/
BonDia
http://www.cspnv.com/
Solo di Pueblo
http://www.solodipueblo.com/
Aruba Today
http://www.arubatoday.com/
Translator:
http://papiamentu.donamaro.nl

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.