April 28, 2024, 01:54:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #585 2/25 - 3/2/2007  (Read 107224 times)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #340 on: February 28, 2007, 12:33:23 PM »

I used Paint for an older pix.
Menu bar : Image Drop down Stretch Skew, .. Instead of 100. put in 50 and then saved Copied it and then went to the email and used attach. The properties will give you an idea of what is good for you.
Seemed quicker than going to the actual software that came with the thing.
And yes, I will go to the prayer chain.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #341 on: February 28, 2007, 12:34:46 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "MeMere"
Good morning monkeys..... Very Happy

Klaas, I just watched the Deepak tape....pretty powerful stuff....!
Can I slow it down to read everything?  Confused

If you put your curser on the little round button going across the red line you can hold it in place until you are finished reading and then just let go it will continue.  You can also go backwards and forward.

Thanks San and Klaas.....!

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #342 on: February 28, 2007, 12:47:11 PM »

Can I take the last slot ? 11:30 Eastern ? That would be my time 12:30. I am a nite hawk this week.
I had a bit of insomnia last night and decided to see if I could remember or do a power point presentation. I did a simple one, one picture. With titles, etc.  All by myself, like a big girl.
I want to put some pix by category... gymnastics over the years of GD, .etc into a nice power point presentation , burn it to a CD and have GD Television. I can do that with pix on the camera, but there are pix sent to me that were never on this camera.  I have an assistant for the burning and the other tech aspects of this because he wasn't sure about something or other, some geeky stuff??
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #343 on: February 28, 2007, 12:56:41 PM »

Two articles from today's Amigoe.com --
http://www.amigoe.com/english/

70-Million dollars investment

ORANJESTAD -- The owners of The Mill Resort & Suites, Julian Karam and Edmond Karam jr. have announced that they will invest 70 million dollars in The Mill Resort. Julian Karam is managing director at The Mill. De Karams are from Venezuela and they want to spend the money on a huge facelift and the expansion of the number of rooms.  

During a conversation with Prime Minister Nelson Oduber and Tourism-minister Edison Briesen (both MEP), the brothers Karam explained their plans.  They want to expand the resort with 206 rooms.  The Mill Resort has currently 211 rooms.

Premier Oduber indicated that the conversation with Karam was very positive.  He is very happy with the plans, because this investment means that in foreign countries, our country and the development in the tourism are considered very positive.  

Legal protection consolidated  

ORANJESTAD – An amendment of the Sanction-ordinance that the Parliament passed unanimously last Friday states that the president of the Central Bank of Aruba must be heard first, before the Justice-minister takes measures to carry on sanction decisions that concern the financial traffic.    

The Sanction-ordinance is part of the draft-National Ordinance that is in relation to taking measures to pursue international obligations; in other words, combating terrorism worldwide.  The Sanction-ordinance initially stated that when a legal body, a group of citizens, or in certain cases an individual citizen in Aruba is suspected of terrorism involvement, the Justice-minister can order to carry out a sanction decision and take measures.  Last Friday, the AVP-parliamentary party proposed an amendment to change this.  The Advisory Council and the Bar were associated with the judicial contents.  Lawyer Ricardo Yarzagaray explained to Amigoe that the article in which the minister could have given that order was indeed very permissive, and entailed that the government and all parties concerned (like supervisors appointed by the minister, editor) were not liable for consequences of the sanction-measure.  “Because the sanction-ordinance also included an indemnification clause stating that if the government was under the impression that it had handled in good faith, the citizen would not be entitled to receive compensation for damages.”  

The amendment that the MEP, AVP, and RED (MPA was not present) leaders signed last Friday, implies that when inter-regionally or internationally a reporting is received that a person is suspected of being financially involved with terrorism, the Justice-minister is allowed to decide on a sanction, but before carrying out that sanction decision (like blocking a bank account, editor), the president of the Central Bank must be heard first.  
The same sanction-ordinance includes a new article that states that the rules in the sanction decision are only binding, assuming that the individual natural- and legal bodies, groups or entities, for whom the rules apply, are clearly describes as such that there won’t be doubts regarding their identities.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: February 28, 2007, 01:08:15 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Can I take the last slot ? 11:30 Eastern ? That would be my time 12:30. I am a nite hawk this week.
I had a bit of insomnia last night and decided to see if I could remember or do a power point presentation. I did a simple one, one picture. With titles, etc.  All by myself, like a big girl.
I want to put some pix by category... gymnastics over the years of GD, .etc into a nice power point presentation , burn it to a CD and have GD Television. I can do that with pix on the camera, but there are pix sent to me that were never on this camera.  I have an assistant for the burning and the other tech aspects of this because he wasn't sure about something or other, some geeky stuff??

OK..you have the last spot! Wink
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #345 on: February 28, 2007, 01:15:06 PM »

Justice has a funny way of popping up when you least expect it.Just take cae monkeys,I have to work and not lurk,Cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #346 on: February 28, 2007, 01:17:25 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Attention Atlanta Lunch Monkeys

Please check your e-mail for a message I sent last night.

The location of the lunch might have changed from where you originally thought it was going to be.

TY  Very Happy

Just another reminder; see my sig line; number of views right now 575 (which I am NOT believing) ... and it's not too late to join us.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #347 on: February 28, 2007, 01:22:28 PM »

O/T  Laughing  Laughing

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,255381,00.html

CISARUA, Indonesia —  Call them the odd couples. A pair of month-old Sumatran tiger twins have become inseparable playmates with a set of young orangutans, an unthinkable match in their natural jungle habitat in Indonesia's tropical rainforests

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #348 on: February 28, 2007, 01:32:59 PM »

Love that front orangutan in the picture.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #349 on: February 28, 2007, 01:54:27 PM »

Quote from: klaasend
Quote from: Kat_Gram
Can I take the last slot ? 11:30 Eastern ? That would be my time 12:30. I am a nite hawk this week
OK..you have the last spot!
Ok. making a note on paper to self.
ps Grande posted on T4N that Sander Gottenbos has left for Holland. For a soccer tryout or something. Sounded like it was for good, but who knows. One less poxy toe-rag of an Aruban on the continent. IMHO
hummingbird7525
Scared Monkey

« Reply #350 on: February 28, 2007, 01:55:48 PM »

Hi Monkeys,
Fox channel is gonna say something about the K2's. It's up next....

Good days give you happiness.  Bad days give you experiences.
hummingbird7525
Scared Monkey

« Reply #351 on: February 28, 2007, 02:02:31 PM »

OH big deal just Martha for a second talking about the K2's wanting the lawsuit dismissed in California.......But I quess a second is better than nothing.  They sure could have done much better than that though.  What about Paulus news, FOX ???? You could have said something about that!!!!

robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #352 on: February 28, 2007, 02:07:30 PM »

BIG NEWS coming

within  2 days
probably sooner

i can sense it  Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
JuJu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #353 on: February 28, 2007, 02:08:51 PM »

What Paulus news?

Regrets, I've had a few......
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #354 on: February 28, 2007, 02:17:41 PM »

Quote from: "robots"
BIG NEWS coming

within  2 days
probably sooner

i can sense it  Cool

Robots - I love your enthusiasm.  Hope you are right!
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #355 on: February 28, 2007, 02:18:22 PM »

Quote from: "JuJu"
What Paulus news?

Hi JuJu. The news from a few weeks back where Paulus was denied compensation for his arrest. And from that hearing we found out that there is evidence (witness, wiretap) that indicates that Paulus had 2 contacts with Natalee the night she went missing.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #356 on: February 28, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
BIG NEWS coming

within  2 days
probably sooner

i can sense it  Cool

i have not been wrong yet

Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz

- A Horse's Tale
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #357 on: February 28, 2007, 02:22:24 PM »

Ya know, y'all are gonna have to find something to talk about and post more often, cause I'm running out of ways to kill time at work when I don't have anything to read at SM.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
hummingbird7525
Scared Monkey

« Reply #358 on: February 28, 2007, 02:26:10 PM »

Thanks Igsigs for explaining to JuJu, I stepped away to get ready for my YMCA class.  Hang in there guys, ROBOTS is gonna be right!!!
bye see you all later.

robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #359 on: February 28, 2007, 02:27:44 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
BIG NEWS coming

within  2 days
probably sooner

i can sense it  Cool

i have not been wrong yet

Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz

robots rocks  Twisted Evil

- A Horse's Tale
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.