April 28, 2024, 03:06:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #585 2/25 - 3/2/2007  (Read 107226 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #500 on: March 01, 2007, 12:22:01 PM »

I was just looking at the most recent schedule that Klaas has posted in the prayer chain thread. Unless someone has recently taken them, the 2:00 - 2:30 and 2:30 - 3:00 slots are still open.

If someone could take those, we'd have the prayer going on for the whole 24 hours with no break.  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #501 on: March 01, 2007, 12:41:51 PM »

I can do 2:00 eastern = 1 central on the prayer chain. I stuck my camera out the door. This is what I see.
Bummer. I love this country for alot of reasons, but this much sno on March 1 is not one of them.
If I ever see the sun again,  I will take a pix and post.
I am cooking a turkey dinner for those nearest and dearest of mine that did have to go out today. I like to do that, so maybe that will cheer up.  
Swim, sauna, yakking. Eat chocolate brownies, ice cream, rasperry sauce.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #502 on: March 01, 2007, 12:46:08 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
Those of you commenting on the Diario article I posted (especially the "Stupid American" part) - I don't know WHO is saying that.

I infer that the story is about an American expat who is living there, a tourist, a "woman of color," and that something may have been stolen.

But I hope we can find out who made the comment, and what the story  is about generally.

I may here just in time....lol

IF THE WOMAN WAS MISSING SHAMPOO, TOOTHPASTE, AND WINE.....

( Then I  think I know who did it...lol )
THE ARUBANS REALLY ARE GETTING DESPERATE!!!!!!!!

MRS.  RED hope this gives u a giggle! Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #503 on: March 01, 2007, 12:48:53 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
Today's Prayer Chain - the only remaining slots are:

2:00 - 2:30
2:30 - 3:00
4:30 - 5:00
5:30 - 6:00

The thread is in the lounge; klaas has it in her sig line. I'll bet there are four monkeys out there who can cover these times.

I will take 4:30 to 5 if no one minds if i pray while i am naked getting oil rubbed all over my body......

hell, I'll pray anyway...but put me in if u want

If anything I can pray for my masseuse to turn into a young hot stud Laughing

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #504 on: March 01, 2007, 12:51:06 PM »

FOM I think you are to pray, not for things for yourself.  Laughing  Laughing
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #505 on: March 01, 2007, 12:54:34 PM »

Simian Says: June 26th, 2005 at 10:24 pm

This is all a “lugubrious game” to them. They were all at the party and all of them are turning their heads. One of them needs to be pinched.

The Lugubrious Game by Salvador Dali
http://tinyurl.com/2gc8bn

Le Dôme Restaurant - Aruba

Le Dôme features four unique dining areas: L'Orangerie with Mediterranean atmosphere; La Galerie is a flowered terrace; Old World with European antiques; and the Salvador Dali room with eleven original lithographs.
http://www.arubadining.com/ledome/

Shango Says: June 26th, 2005 at 11:12 pm

I must feed the messengers.

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #506 on: March 01, 2007, 12:55:05 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
FOM I think you are to pray, not for things for yourself.  Laughing  Laughing

k........will do..

Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #507 on: March 01, 2007, 01:09:09 PM »

Kat-Gram:  I feel for you because I hate the long cold winter also, but this year has been amazingly warm and sunny.  It is 52 degrees in the bright sunshine and, what little snow we had this year,  is melting.  This would be normal for April 1st not March 1st.

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #508 on: March 01, 2007, 01:35:14 PM »

Continuing with weather topics -

The National Weather Advisory has issued a tornado watch today until 9:00 pm for many counties in Georgia. The watch includes the city of Atlanta and Cobb, Decatur, DeKalb, Fulton, Gwinnett, Rockdale, Cherokee, Forsyth and other metro Atlanta counties.

The newspaper says that heavy rain is expected around drive-home time (3:00 - 8:00 pm) with straight-line winds of 70 mph.

(Anything can happen here in March - snow, ice, tornado, hail, and even spring!)

Forecast for tomorrow and through the weekend is good.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #509 on: March 01, 2007, 01:37:53 PM »

This is unusual for here. What happens we go from Winter to Summer all in one day.
PPl are sick, colds, flu, etc.
Always try to find a way to cheer up. Bought some Hyancinths that are blooming and a Begonia that was blooming.
Sometimes, we all check into a hotel with waterslides and spas. No cookin' no dishes, just Fun 24/7. But the others are too sick ( are on the mend ) right now.  Pneumonia is going around. Not me . Been lucky so far , but at the first sign of it will crawl to the clinic for DRUGS.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #510 on: March 01, 2007, 01:46:19 PM »

Hey Monkeys.....what's happening in here today?

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #511 on: March 01, 2007, 01:46:53 PM »

Hey guys,

I'm at home as our office has closed. All the school systems shut down earlier...so we're expecting several twisters and people are getting a little antsy...It is headed south of Birmingham in a little place called Clanton, within the hour...

Bring Natalee home...
crazybabyborg
« Reply #512 on: March 01, 2007, 01:55:06 PM »

You stay safe, Mishy!!!!

I haven't checked the storm track. Is it supposed to head my way?  Shocked
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #513 on: March 01, 2007, 01:55:36 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"
Hey guys,

I'm at home as our office has closed. All the school systems shut down earlier...so we're expecting several twisters and people are getting a little antsy...It is headed south of Birmingham in a little place called Clanton, within the hour...

Good thing they let you get home early Mishy . We are expecting snow/sleet/ice any time now. Winter storm warning in effect.

Does anyone know what happened to the 2 boys on the front page of Diario? How were they killed?

I can do a prayer chain time....what time is needed?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: March 01, 2007, 02:06:52 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Hey guys,

Good thing they let you get home early Mishy . We are expecting snow/sleet/ice any time now. Winter storm warning in effect.

Does anyone know what happened to the 2 boys on the front page of Diario? How were they killed?

It was a horrible car accident.  The driver of the car they were in was trying to pass another vehicle.  Very sad.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #515 on: March 01, 2007, 02:12:36 PM »

Thanks monkeys and please stay safe everyone. I don't know if it's headed CBBs way...I really need to check the tv!!

But I just wanted to respond to one of Kat_Gram's posts in the prayer chain thread:

Kat_Gram wrote:
I am here. I just lit a candle here :
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng

I was reading all the paryers and thinking of what a great group of people are here.There have been things that have divided us, but the things that unite us are stronger. I am grateful to have met this group of people who share the values that I do.
I am going back to the candle site to think and pray.

I wanted to know:
any particular group, Kat? I was just scrolling through the groups and saw one called "Nat" and stopped and lit a candle there...recognized at least one name...

Bring Natalee home...
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: March 01, 2007, 02:14:40 PM »

Hey guys,

Hi, Monkeys,
Just stopping by to see if most Monkeys in Alabama know the schools are closing and to pick up children, etc.  Not so sure how I feel about this as the weather was predicted this morning and could have cancelled then as some did.  I hope this doesn't put lots of kids home alone for this bad weather.

Right now the Northwestern  and Southeastern corners of the state are being pounded as is the Tuscaloosa area, heading into B'ham.  

Be safe, monkeys!  Klaas, you will have many sign off as there is tremendous amount of lightening connected to some of these storms.  Good news is they are moving fast so maybe they will move from the area quickly.  Bad news is they are heading toward others!

Take care!

Anna

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #517 on: March 01, 2007, 02:14:41 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Hey guys,

It was a horrible car accident.  The driver of the car they were in was trying to pass another vehicle.  Very sad.

Oh how terrible. It was certainly a large memorial service for the boys. I feel very sorry for their families. I saw their obituaries, very handsome kids.  Crying or Very sad

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #518 on: March 01, 2007, 02:16:14 PM »

Things feel kinda sad and quiet in here today............

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #519 on: March 01, 2007, 02:21:12 PM »

Maybe this will make you smile......think of this as a flight  home from Aruba!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJxS0dX-D9g

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.