April 28, 2024, 08:57:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #585 2/25 - 3/2/2007  (Read 107245 times)
Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #700 on: March 02, 2007, 03:59:16 AM »

Hi, Tibrogargen!

I live in the U.S. and, yes, I'm a night owl, atleast I am tonight.  I'm just trying to familiarize myself with things around here.  Today is my first day and I'm a little confused about what's what.  

I'm not that computer saavy.

I'm very happy that Red let me become a member of the group and just  like the new kid on the block, I'm at a loss for words.  It's easier to post on the front page because you're commenting about a topic, while, here you are actually communicating with people.

Everyone seems friendly enough, I guess I'm just a little shy.

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #701 on: March 02, 2007, 07:58:33 AM »

Hi Patti and welcome to SM.

Maine, born and raised!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #702 on: March 02, 2007, 08:01:23 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
I am sorry Monkeys... but I am not happy to have anyone advertise Easy's blog on these pages after all he did  - he threatened Red several times... .and disrupted the threads continously.  Now, I completely understand that many of you are friends with him but please respect RED -

Easy also posted on another site that RED had taken money and not furnished Dave's book when he did... and I have the UPS tracking to prove it - and he didn't apologize when he received it....

SORRY if it offends you... but to be honest the idea that it's ok to advertise his blog here.... I mean please think about that...

If y'all want to discuss his blog, which I am sure is wonderful and well written please do it via email.... it isn't fair to Red to do otherwise.

Since I'm the one who put the link to Easy's blog on here, I thought I'd better respond to this.

When I posted the link, I didn't mean to advertise the blog. In fact, Easy had previously asked me NOT to post links to his blog at SM, and that's why I made the "sorry, Easy" note at the bottom of my post. However, I had read what Jossy had to say, and I thought it would interest many at SM, particularly in light of the accusations that had been made by the bad guys in regard to Jossy's relationship with Hugo Chavez. I went ahead and posted the link in spite of what Easy had said because I hated for anyone who was interested to miss that.

I Stand With The Girl
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #703 on: March 02, 2007, 08:14:43 AM »

Diario
http://www.diarioaruba.com/
Amigoe
http://www.amigoe.com/english/
BonDia
http://www.cspnv.com/
Solo di Pueblo
http://www.solodipueblo.com/
Aruba Today
http://www.arubatoday.com/
Translator:
http://papiamentu.donamaro.nl

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #704 on: March 02, 2007, 08:23:39 AM »

Kalpoes vs Dr. Phil - Page 4
http://www.cspnv.com/archivo/pdf/March/01/A-01-3-07.pdf

Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #705 on: March 02, 2007, 08:33:45 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!  Working and lurking - again.

Hope all of our monkeys and families are safe from yesterdays horrible storms.  Prayers to all those affected, and to those who have lost loved ones.

I saw a report of the bus that fell off the overpass in Atlanta onto the highway underneath.  They say 2 dead.  The bus was carrying a youth team from Ohio Crying or Very sad   Prayers for all those involved.

Patti - good to see you here.  Welcome!!!!! Very Happy

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #706 on: March 02, 2007, 08:35:18 AM »

Hi Kimmy

They are now saying there are 6 dead and 9 seriously injured. Crying or Very sad

Maine, born and raised!
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #707 on: March 02, 2007, 08:40:06 AM »

American Tourist Donald Riso Dead in Diving Accident
Solo di Pueblo - February 28, 2007 - page 20
Turista Americano cu a bay sambuya, a haya un atake y fayece

STA. CRUZ -- Polis di Strandpolitie a bay dialuna mainta pa 10:30 na e pier di Hyatt unda cu tin un boto ta drentando cu un persona cu a haya problema. E boto ta “Pasa Bon” di Red Sail. E capitan e homber O.V. naci na Aruba di 22 aña a bisa polis cu banda di 9’or el’a sali cu e boto cu un grupo di turista pa dive na cierto distancia for di costa. Dado momento e ta waak un diver bin halto, saca su man y cu a cuminza pidi yudanza. Un paar di otro divers a yuda O.V. saca e homber for di lama y a pone riba e boto. Cu urgencia el’a trec’e riba e pier, unda cu ambulance ya tabata wardando y cu a transport’e pa hospital. Pa 11:10 dr. Borsukiewicz a constata morto di e turista Donald Riso, naci na USA di 58 aña. Recherche di Noord a sigui cu investigacion.

Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #708 on: March 02, 2007, 08:41:48 AM »

Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
Hi Kimmy

They are now saying there are 6 dead and 9 seriously injured. Crying or Very sad

I just heard that update... All these senseless deaths, with this accident, the storms.... I feel really sad today.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #709 on: March 02, 2007, 08:45:31 AM »

I sympathize with you.  Its storming up here,  could get up to 20" of snow.

Maine, born and raised!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #710 on: March 02, 2007, 09:05:57 AM »

Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
Hi Kimmy

My boss is there now.  Bus operator is one of our insured's.  I75 is shut down at 285 all the way south.  I haven't seen a southbound car in hours.

Meanwhile, DH is on the way to Americus to surver tornado damage at the hospital for a client.  I don't know when he'll be back.  It's an all skate too.  The entire staff is going.  

Prayers for those in need.

Shout out to Jerry..... Wasn't that a George Strait song?  
"You've got to dance with who brung you, swing with who swung you..."

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #711 on: March 02, 2007, 09:26:24 AM »

6 dead, 9 seriously injured, 20 "walking around" (35 people on bus).

Bluffton University baseball team from Ohio, en route to a tournament in Florida.

Excerpts from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
Charter bus reportedly drove across Northside Drive overpass and fell onto I-75.

The charter bus got off I-75 at the Northside HOV exit, appeared to slide or lose control, crossed Northside at an angle and plunged through the bridge barrier onto I-75. Some of the luggage scattered on the road was labeled Bluffton University Baseball.

The injured were taken to Grady Memorial Hospital.

I-75 will be closed "probably all day."

Luggage and baseball equipment was scattered on the road, apparently dislodged from the bus when it hit the bridge's 2-foot-high retaining wall and crashed through a 10-foot-high fence atop the wall.

Northbound traffic was moving past the accident scene. Police were directing drivers in the southbound lanes to turn around and go north on the southbound lanes to the Howell Mill exit. They were moving out cars first, to make room for several tractor-trailers to turn around.

According to its Web site, Bluffton University is affiliated with Mennonite Church USA, and has "a strong spiritual tradition." The school's 234-acre campus is located in the northwest Ohio village of Bluffton.

The baseball team's schedule had the team playing in the  Gene Cusic Classic in Fort Myers, Fla., March 5-9.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #712 on: March 02, 2007, 09:29:50 AM »

That is so sad about the bus accident in Atlanta.  I have always surmised that something bad was going to happen as a result of that poor planning.  I am just so grieved about these young people dying.  Poor bus driver.  I do hope that enough law suits will result from this against Atlanta that they will be forced to make this safer.  That is just one of those places that if you are not familiar with it, it is like driving lickety split and all of a sudden you are over a cliff.  It's fine for those that travel it everyday and know it but for those who are not familiar with it, it is surprising that more people have not been killed there.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #713 on: March 02, 2007, 09:48:50 AM »

Tyler, I've lived here since 1981.  I admit I don't get downtown much but the last time I was headed thru that area, I got messed up and ended up where I didn't want to be.  There is no time to change your mind.  

It's really quiet here this morning.  Boss onsite.  Must be why he makes the big bucks.

Last nite when I heard about the tornado in Americus, I was sad for them having grown up in Tornado Alley in NE.  You can't imagine the gravity of the destruction of a tornado until you have seen it.  Little did I know this morning, my DH and crew are headed there as we speak to survey the hospital.  Pray for their safe travels.

Expect a miracle.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #714 on: March 02, 2007, 09:49:55 AM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
That is so sad about the bus accident in Atlanta.  I have always surmised that something bad was going to happen as a result of that poor planning.  I am just so grieved about these young people dying.  Poor bus driver.  I do hope that enough law suits will result from this against Atlanta that they will be forced to make this safer.  That is just one of those places that if you are not familiar with it, it is like driving lickety split and all of a sudden you are over a cliff.  It's fine for those that travel it everyday and know it but for those who are not familiar with it, it is surprising that more people have not been killed there.

You're absolutely right Tyler. And there are so many places in and around Atlanta where the signs could be a lot clearer in directing people where to go. Some simple sign changes could prevent so many accidents there.

I Stand With The Girl
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #715 on: March 02, 2007, 09:55:20 AM »

It's pretty hard to sue over bad design of the roadway.  From other cases I have seen, it's a tough one to prove.  Believe me, folks have tried.  And will continue to try.  

Maybe an accident of this magnitude will help.  That whole corridor there 75/85 at the split (if you're northbound) is a big effen mess if you ask me.  I've been burned a couple times and I live here!  

Nice to see ya, Tyler.

Is that Front Page Patti I see here? Welcome Patti!

Expect a miracle.
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #716 on: March 02, 2007, 10:09:39 AM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Tylergal"

You're absolutely right Tyler. And there are so many places in and around Atlanta where the signs could be a lot clearer in directing people where to go. Some simple sign changes could prevent so many accidents there.

I had wondered if this is why the accident happened,  because of poorly designed roadway and improper signage.  Every area has one  intersection or stretch of road that accidents happen at all the time.   It is sad,  my heart goes out to the families of these college students.

Maine, born and raised!
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #717 on: March 02, 2007, 10:12:16 AM »

This is from the NBC affiliate in Atlanta:

Investigators believe the bus driver was traveling southbound in the HOV lane of I-75 when the driver mistakenly exited in the HOV exit lane, which runs off the left side of the highway. The bus was likely traveling at full speed when it went up the exit ramp and onto Northside Drive before plunging over the bridge, authorities said.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #718 on: March 02, 2007, 10:14:00 AM »

Because it was a tour bus, the NTSB will be investigating.  This will be interesting.

Kids were from a Mennonite college in Ohio.   I saw a Mennonite comedian on TV last nite.  He described Mennonites as "Amish without the uniform".  He was a funny guy.  

I am not bashing Mennonites here.  My grandma's family were Mennonites.

Expect a miracle.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #719 on: March 02, 2007, 10:21:14 AM »

Good morning friends....and welcome new monkeys..... Very Happy

Heard that Sumter Regional Hospital was hit but it looks pretty awful there....all patients evacuated....and am checking to see how the old homes fared.  This is the Americus newspaper:

http://www.americustimesrecorder.com/

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.