April 27, 2024, 03:47:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #585 2/25 - 3/2/2007  (Read 107192 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #720 on: March 02, 2007, 10:22:18 AM »

I'm not from Atlanta but my sister lived there for many years and I just have to chime in to say that in all my travels, I've never been to a more confusing city to navigate than downtown Atlanta!

We joked about it with every trip I made there. I used to say that the city planners were the hidden weapons for population control in the area. It's a 4.5 hour trip for me UNLESS I had to go through there. I've spent 2 hours just getting out of Atlanta to begin the 4.5 hour trip home. I thought that when the Olympics were hosted there, it would improve, but it doesn't seem to have changed.

The bus accident is such a tragedy, and I hope it serves as a catalyst for change.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #721 on: March 02, 2007, 10:30:38 AM »

More from AJC:

Witnesses said the bus <snip>  got off the freeway at the Northside HOV exit, appeared to slide or lose control, crossed Northside at an angle and plunged through the bridge barrier onto 75. It glanced off two passing vehicles as it fell.

<snip>

Michael Dabrowa, an artist for The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, said he was driving alongside the bus when he saw it exit on HOV ramp. He guesses the bus' speed at about 60 mph as it entered the ramp.

Accident happened at about 5:30 a.m. One student apparently on the bus is from Alpharetta.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #722 on: March 02, 2007, 10:38:39 AM »

CNN has shown exactly how the mistake with the HOV and the exit could occur....seems like an extremely dangerous area....wonder how many accidents have occurred in that area.... Sad

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #723 on: March 02, 2007, 10:51:59 AM »

Last fall we were going to the Greenville area.  We had an ETA of 3 p.m.  Four hours trying to get through Atlanta, we arrived at 6 p.m.  We had only counted on an hour through Atlanta.  

Whew, I am so glad I moved from there while it was still safe to travel in Atlanta.

I lived in San Berandino and traveled to and through Los Angeles often and it was far safer than Atlanta.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #724 on: March 02, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »

More on the bus --

Actually, it's a very typical intersection. Northside Drive is a major thoroughfare and may even be divided in that area.

Only thing I can figure is that the driver didn't realize he was in the exit lane. Instead of making the turn off the ramp to get onto Northside, the driver kept going straight.

HOV lanes always are to the far left, therefore the HOV exits are always on the left.

I could not figure out how to get this (below) into photobucket; MapQuest doesn't seem to allow a "save as" ... but this shows the intersesction very clearly. It's a long, nearly straight ramp. (Use the closeup buttons on the left to zoom in.)

http://tinyurl.com/37ef6r

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #725 on: March 02, 2007, 11:06:00 AM »

Peaches, I wanted to make a separate post to you and tell you how happy I am to see you here and I hope your day goes well.  You are still my heroine.  I think about you and pray for you a lot.  I hope all our prayers have helped.  You have really helped me to see life as a journey and not a destination.

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #726 on: March 02, 2007, 11:10:48 AM »

Thank you, Tyler.  I appreciate your kind thoughts and prayers as I do everyone's.  

I'm down to two more rounds of chemo!  WOOHOO!!  I'll be done before summer!

And I couldn't have done it without y'all, my doctor, my family and friends and the Man Upstairs.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #727 on: March 02, 2007, 11:17:18 AM »

Good Morning,
So sad about the bus wreck and the tornadoes in Georgia as well as our own.

Have we heard from all the Monkeys in the BLIZZARD as I understand it is one of the worst in Iowa/Nebraska/Northern Plains in years.

At least we are not freezing cold today and can start storm clean up.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #728 on: March 02, 2007, 11:20:04 AM »

I-75 has reopened.

friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #729 on: March 02, 2007, 11:28:56 AM »

I prayed......how are the monkeys today?????

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #730 on: March 02, 2007, 11:35:10 AM »

TYLER--

I have been praying for you too Wink

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #731 on: March 02, 2007, 11:47:46 AM »

k.........i guess either i am alone here or ya'lll saw me naked on the computer...and ran fast....lol..........technology is amazing Embarassed

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #732 on: March 02, 2007, 11:51:20 AM »

Working & lurking again.

Nothing personal, FOM.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #733 on: March 02, 2007, 12:26:28 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
TYLER--

I have been praying for you too Wink

Thank you, my sweet Friend of Monkey.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: March 02, 2007, 12:30:06 PM »

Hi, FOM, I think some Monkeys went to lunch!

I have posted a lot of new avatars in the lounge on the Testing Thread for adoption.  Please leave me a note there if you are looking for something in particular and I will see if I have anything on what you want.

These are all pretty cute, both male and females appropriate.

Hope our days get better for all of us!

Anna.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: March 02, 2007, 12:35:44 PM »

Here is a direct link to the avatars.  Might help new ones to find it.  Or maybe I am the only one who used to get lost in the different threads.

Anyway, here is link to them.

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?t=114&start=120

At least

PERSONA NON GRATA

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #736 on: March 02, 2007, 12:37:51 PM »

Hi Anna - Love the strappy shoes!

Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #737 on: March 02, 2007, 01:07:55 PM »

Hi Patty Jerry from Ohio here and I remember seeing you from the front page <g>
   Glad that you decided to join us here  and we do have some very very  great People here  and please let me add my welcome  <g>
     jerry from Ohio [/b]

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
JuJu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #738 on: March 02, 2007, 01:09:33 PM »

Hi Monkey Friends!

Regrets, I've had a few......
Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #739 on: March 02, 2007, 01:12:31 PM »

Hi Monkey friends!  Thanks for all the warm welcomes to us newbies.  

I am rereading Dave's book and highlighting interesting stuff as I go along.  Hope you don't mind if I ask some questions.  And I hope you don't think they are stupid ones.

In the beginning of the book Dave describes an abandoned house where drug addicts had left drug paraphernalia and other yucky stuff as being "right next to a fine restaurant near the hotel area and a McDonald's."

If I recall there are 2 McDonald's on the island?  I was wondering if anyone might know if that is the one where Slootbag picked "them" up.

If so....maybe that drug house is where Slootbag Jr was dropped off by
 the Kalpoes? and the bad stuff happened?

ps...I saw someone (mishy?) use the Slootbag name yesterday and loved it! Hope it's ok for me to use it too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.