April 27, 2024, 04:50:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #585 2/25 - 3/2/2007  (Read 107199 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2007, 11:57:10 PM »

Quote from: "thirdstrike"
Ok then...just wanted to stop by to say "hello".  I'll try back in a bit...

Hi Thirdstrike - I think half are asleep and the other half are watching the Awards.
MisGivings
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2007, 12:10:09 AM »

Quote from: "mishy"
Quote from: "justinsmama"
Yo, monkeys! Boy, am I glad right now that I have quit smoking. I've got a burning cough that would be much, much worse if I were still supporting Camel investors.

I'm so proud of you for quittng smoking!!! That's next on my list as well!!

lol, me, too, but I lost the list. Shocked

You have to give Joran credit. He found a way to travel extensively without it costing him a dime.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2007, 12:38:45 AM »

from Misgivings who is very impish today :

Everytime I see Anita in her see-through blouse, I am grateful Paulus doesn't have on see-through pants.There is no emoticon availabale to express my horror on this one.  Shocked  Shocked

Ok, I have a vivid imagination and Misgivings, you must stop these kinds of comments.
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2007, 12:47:30 AM »

I watched the Oscar's,no politics for a change.Jimmy Carter's mother had a good quote that could be applied to pvds,his mother should have stayed a virgin.hmmmm I will be happy to be a part of a Birmingham Monkey club.I thought the meal of heads and rice sounded great.Cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
MisGivings
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2007, 12:58:12 AM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
from Misgivings who is very impish today :

Everytime I see Anita in her see-through blouse, I am grateful Paulus doesn't have on see-through pants.There is no emoticon availabale to express my horror on this one.  Shocked  Shocked

Ok, I have a vivid imagination and Misgivings, you must stop these kinds of comments.

Moi? Vivid imagination?
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, just mad as hell about it all and don't want to take it anymore!!!!

(Good drugs, too Surprised )

You have to give Joran credit. He found a way to travel extensively without it costing him a dime.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2007, 01:08:49 AM »

I did look at CNN for the dresses review. Not that I ever dress like that, but like to check out the fabrics and the colors and the styles.
And of course the OMG what is that rag she is wearing ! Or in this case
the bolero jacket.
Mrs. Red was probably checking out he shoes.    
Also Helen Mirren. I love the stuff, mostly BBC dramas she is in.
Good actress and her roles are usually intelligent women.
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2007, 01:09:18 AM »

mishy, if you do see this, things are just a little bit better. Still a hard situation to describe but they are trying to get more active and not being immobile like they were for a while. They did NOT handle that car accident very well.

NOW I'm headed out for the night... ZZZZZ

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2007, 03:03:48 AM »

Just coming in to say "HI!"
Will update my avatar tomorrow (Monday) to St Pats one. Tomorrow I have a breast exam et al with a Surgeon at Cedars/Sinai who took out 2 NC tumors about 11 yrs ago. Found 2 more last April and I am about 3 mos. late at the checkup. No good excuse.

If thinking and praying agout 2:30 pst I'd appreciate it. Love, IBE, the dog and the cat, sleepless nights and some clutter.

PS Who's hosting the St Pat's Party?????
I am bringing the St Pat's potatoes  (candy from See's)

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2007, 03:46:36 AM »

Diario
http://www.diarioaruba.com/
Amigoe
http://www.amigoe.com/english/
BonDia
http://www.cspnv.com/
Solo di Pueblo
http://www.solodipueblo.com/
AweMainta
http://www.awemainta.com/
Aruba Today
http://www.arubatoday.com/
Translator:
http://papiamentu.donamaro.nl

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2007, 09:43:36 AM »

Peaches and SunFreak

I still need you to contact me about lunch on Saturday.

sockmonkey_mom@yahoo.com

Thanks.  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2007, 10:27:20 AM »

SB,I am sorry for the wreck and I hope you recover,soon.Mishy,you have a list,when I had young children,the list was shredded or flushed quickly.Misgiving,you are an imp after my own taunting nature,as a cat,I know how to taunt.Why would someone like pvds be able to entice so many women to have his children.I am not a woman,but I am not impressed.Oh and Women,why do you wear such uncomfortable shoes.I like the barefoot and Brittney(not) look.3 strike,I got a few of those called on me in the past,go Braves. a playful cat

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2007, 11:56:54 AM »

Good morning.  Hangin' at home today thanks to a whopper headache.  

Nap sounds appealing right now........

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2007, 12:46:38 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Good morning.  Hangin' at home today thanks to a whopper headache.  

Nap sounds appealing right now........

Hello Peaches, sorry about your headache.

Hello to everyone else too.

I'm headed out the door on some errands.  Will tell you later what I found out.
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2007, 01:43:59 PM »

Kat+Gram,Misgiving,you are warned.The felines are tired of our captivity.I finally tripped the human and we are uniting to take care the pigs( See George Orwell),then we will free our brothers in chains.no more color dyes,stupid outfits and yes collars.We want it all.After aruba...later,I must nap  cat

Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2007, 01:49:42 PM »

i am sorry monkeys,my feline slipped her collar,after she got on the stairs.She is now own probation in an orange jumpsuit.CAT

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2007, 02:04:33 PM »

Bahamas could suffer Aruba's fate

By INDERIA SAUNDERS, Guardian Staff Reporter

inderia@nasguard.com

The fear that The Bahamas' reputation will be as severely dented as that of the island of Aruba, has prompted many concerned American citizens to bombard The Guardian with letters of warning.

In a period of four days, The Nassau Guardian was flooded with over one dozen letters from worried American citizens writing to voice their fears that the nation of sun, sand and sea may soon become a victim of the Anna Nicole Smith saga.

As the details involving Anna Nicole Smith's burial unfold, the scrutiny on The Bahamas and its involvement has also increased. In one letter, The Bahamas is strongly urged to remember that tourism from the United States is a "huge, huge" part of our economy.

"I sure do hope The Bahamas does not become the new Aruba in the eyes of the American tourists who frequent your nation," read a letter from Washington, DC resident Cameron Phillips. "That island suffered tremendously because of the appearance of obstruction of justice and corruption in the Natalee Holloway [disappearance] case."

In the case of Aruba, the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway while she was on a class trip to the island, caused it's tourism sector to suffer a six percent decline in visitors to the island in 2006.

A number of negative travel campaigns surrounded the island after many in the US disapproved of the way the Aruban government conducted the investigation by not opening their legal system to the US laws.

Some of the letters sent to The Guardian addressed the issue of the Bahamian legal system, one even urging the government not to "cave in" to strong arm tactics while "the eyes of the world are on The Bahamas."

A letter from Michele Colete, an administrator at xxx.refugees.xxx, stated that she and many members of her message board believed that the laws of other countries should not be ignored just because an American citizen is involved, similar to what some suggested happened in the Natalee Holloway case.

"During the Natalee Holloway case, we had Aruban and Dutch posters as well as American who were furious at the legal system of Aruba being slammed or denigrated as far as their laws went, and it's so helpful to get the facts about how another country works rather than one-sided innuendo," Ms Colete wrote. "I wish the media in the US would pay attention to your country's laws and explain them to the rest of the world rather than assuming that only American law matters for cases that are clearly under Bahamian jurisdiction."

http://www.thenassauguardian.net/national_local/309500062412464.php

================================
I would like to say it wasn't an appearance of obstruction of justice it was in fact obstruction of justice.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2007, 02:10:57 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Bahamas could suffer Aruba's fate

By INDERIA SAUNDERS, Guardian Staff Reporter

inderia@nasguard.com

The fear that The Bahamas' reputation will be as severely dented as that of the island of Aruba, has prompted many concerned American citizens to bombard The Guardian with letters of warning.

In a period of four days, The Nassau Guardian was flooded with over one dozen letters from worried American citizens writing to voice their fears that the nation of sun, sand and sea may soon become a victim of the Anna Nicole Smith saga.

As the details involving Anna Nicole Smith's burial unfold, the scrutiny on The Bahamas and its involvement has also increased. In one letter, The Bahamas is strongly urged to remember that tourism from the United States is a "huge, huge" part of our economy.

"I sure do hope The Bahamas does not become the new Aruba in the eyes of the American tourists who frequent your nation," read a letter from Washington, DC resident Cameron Phillips. "That island suffered tremendously because of the appearance of obstruction of justice and corruption in the Natalee Holloway [disappearance] case."

In the case of Aruba, the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway while she was on a class trip to the island, caused it's tourism sector to suffer a six percent decline in visitors to the island in 2006.

A number of negative travel campaigns surrounded the island after many in the US disapproved of the way the Aruban government conducted the investigation by not opening their legal system to the US laws.

Some of the letters sent to The Guardian addressed the issue of the Bahamian legal system, one even urging the government not to "cave in" to strong arm tactics while "the eyes of the world are on The Bahamas."

A letter from Michele Colete, an administrator at xxx.refugees.xxx, stated that she and many members of her message board believed that the laws of other countries should not be ignored just because an American citizen is involved, similar to what some suggested happened in the Natalee Holloway case.

"During the Natalee Holloway case, we had Aruban and Dutch posters as well as American who were furious at the legal system of Aruba being slammed or denigrated as far as their laws went, and it's so helpful to get the facts about how another country works rather than one-sided innuendo," Ms Colete wrote. "I wish the media in the US would pay attention to your country's laws and explain them to the rest of the world rather than assuming that only American law matters for cases that are clearly under Bahamian jurisdiction."

http://www.thenassauguardian.net/national_local/309500062412464.php

================================
I would like to say it wasn't an appearance of obstruction of justice it was in fact obstruction of justice.

Laughing
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2007, 02:16:05 PM »

Quote from: "Cat"
Kat+Gram,Misgiving,you are warned.The felines are tired of our captivity.I finally tripped the human and we are uniting to take care the pigs( See George Orwell),then we will free our brothers in chains.no more color dyes,stupid outfits and yes collars.We want it all.After aruba...later,I must nap  cat

Those painted cats, Cat, they have to be photoshopped. How could a person even get the cat to be still to put up with that ?
And when I posted the thing about Men, it says alot about Women also. Any man I know never understood why I, my Mum or my Daughter or now Grandaughter HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR ! ! They open closet doors and drawers and point to things as if their logic will spark an epithany
and we will suddenly have SOMETHING TO WEAR. Ha ! Silly creatures we all are.
And we monkeys know that you are a good man. A considerate man. A sensitive man. A caring man.
You have a nice cap nap and watch out for your mistress who is now on probation. Put a cat bell on her !
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2007, 02:59:42 PM »

I like Irish Soda Bread.  

Well, someone has to say it:  
It wasn't Aruba's laws we objected to.  It was their own disregard for it in favor of Paulus and Joran van der Sloot, as well as the lack of an honest investigation and communication with the family and media.   Aruba, One Happy Island, We All Lie.  Aruba, you know where Natalee is.  Please tell us.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2007, 03:08:55 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
I like Irish Soda Bread.  

Well, someone has to say it:  
It wasn't Aruba's laws we objected to.  It was their own disregard for it in favor of Paulus and Joran van der Sloot, as well as the lack of an honest investigation and communication with the family and media.   Aruba, One Happy Island, We All Lie.  Aruba, you know where Natalee is.  Please tell us.

I agree.  They lied, edited statements, changed search warrants, disregarded questioning certain suspects and allow them to flee their country at a crucial time in the investigation and all because they were following the laws. Rolling Eyes

By the way I love Irish Soda Bread.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.