April 27, 2024, 04:31:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #585 2/25 - 3/2/2007  (Read 107196 times)
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #840 on: March 02, 2007, 06:38:00 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The FORUM will go down tomorrow morning and won't be back up until Sunday afternoon.

Tom is doing an UPGRADE of the Forum so when the site comes back up some things may have changed...for the better!

Are you planning a "rehab" thread in the lounge when the forum comes back up???? For us addicted Monkeys????? Laughing  Sort of a "show and tell" about how we handled the weekend without Scared Monkeys????????
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #841 on: March 02, 2007, 06:41:59 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Here is another thing I was thinking about.  In one of the statements it talks about a neighbor coming out and telling Joran to lower the music in the car because they had it blasting.

I believe this is the neighbor directly connected to the Van der Sloot property.  There was a picture I saw that was taken from inside the Van der Sloot house and you could clearly see the neighbor's home.  I believe that this neighbor was a witness and was probably threatened to shut up.

Like we always say they are covering their ass.  Why even bring up the neighbor.  What does it have to do with the case.   This neighbor saw something and probably heard screaming.

SAn, is th is the neighbor that has/had the monkey in the cage in the backyard?
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #842 on: March 02, 2007, 06:44:09 PM »

Quote from: "Artcolley"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
Klaas, I want to change avatars, and I have one already on a server.  Can I just send it to you with the URL thingie?  I cannot remember about the sizing, etc.

Tyler That rose in your avatar is just beautiful.
What is its name?

AND..how ARE you??????? Laughing

arghgh...I should have read back..now i see that you named that gorgeous rose after your DIL!!!!
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #843 on: March 02, 2007, 06:44:56 PM »

Here is another thing I was thinking about.  In one of the statements it talks about a neighbor coming out and telling Joran to lower the music in the car because they had it blasting.

I believe this is the neighbor directly connected to the Van der Sloot property.  There was a picture I saw that was taken from inside the Van der Sloot house and you could clearly see the neighbor's home.  I believe that this neighbor was a witness and was probably threatened to shut up.

Like we always say they are covering their ass.  Why even bring up the neighbor.  What does it have to do with the case.   This neighbor saw something and probably heard screaming.

SAn, is th is the neighbor that has/had the monkey in the cage in the backyard?

Hmm. this question was also asked and answered!!!  
I think I'd better go back to sleep!!!! Shocked
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #844 on: March 02, 2007, 06:47:34 PM »

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The FORUM will go down tomorrow morning and won't be back up until Sunday afternoon.

Tom is doing an UPGRADE of the Forum so when the site comes back up some things may have changed...for the better!

Are you planning a "rehab" thread in the lounge when the forum comes back up???? For us addicted Monkeys????? Laughing  Sort of a "show and tell" about how we handled the weekend without Scared Monkeys????????

HeeHee - I think they decided it was a good time to update the forum as what seems like HALF the posters will be at the Monkeys Lunch in Atlanta.  Wish we could be there.  The rest of us are going to flood the FP.  Laughing  Laughing
How are you going Artcolley?  Hope you are progressing well.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #845 on: March 02, 2007, 06:47:42 PM »

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

ha ha  Laughing
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #846 on: March 02, 2007, 06:53:15 PM »

Klaas you will get a couple of days off?  What are you going to do? Laughing  Laughing

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #847 on: March 02, 2007, 06:56:56 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Klaas you will get a couple of days off?  What are you going to do? Laughing  Laughing

Work on videos, lol  Laughing
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #848 on: March 02, 2007, 07:05:12 PM »

Yes the one on Satish was really good.  Had forgotten some of his statements and the lies really stand out when they are presented like that.  Do they have a viewing counter on them? Are you going to put Paulus the Pervert under the spotlight next?

You should do one with your animations as well - Joran of the Jungle and Dompig the Boatman etc. Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Also I meant to ask - how many photos can you fit in one photobucket?  Is there a limit on number or total space used?  TIA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #849 on: March 02, 2007, 07:09:06 PM »

Yes the one on Satish was really good.  Had forgotten some of his statements and the lies really stand out when they are presented like that.  Do they have a viewing counter on them? Are you going to put Paulus the Pervert under the spotlight next?

You should do one with your animations as well - Joran of the Jungle and Dompig the Boatman etc. Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Also I meant to ask - how many photos can you fit in one photobucket?  Is there a limit on number or total space used?  TIA

I believe the limit is 1000 photos in photobucket.

The slide show program I use to do the videos won't allow me to add animated photos...darn it.
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #850 on: March 02, 2007, 07:09:36 PM »

The giardella and donnie dysentary are cousins,you do not want meet them.I will go to the Zoo and stalk animals,till things are fixed.Anyone,well I want ask that now.Cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #851 on: March 02, 2007, 07:10:54 PM »

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

HeeHee - I think they decided it was a good time to update the forum as what seems like HALF the posters will be at the Monkeys Lunch in Atlanta.  Wish we could be there.  The rest of us are going to flood the FP.  Laughing  Laughing

Oh, you are right, Tibro!!!

I wish I could attend the luncheon.
I am just too far away and also haven't been "out" since my surgery. I still am not supposed to bend or lift anything over 5 lbs.
I should get cleared at the end of this month, though.

I am doing well, except for horrific headaches that get me up at 3 am and keep me up til 5 or 6.  Normal part of the healing process for this thing I guess though.

I can't WAIT to get out of this house!!!!

THank you for asking, Tibro!

How are you doing?
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #852 on: March 02, 2007, 07:21:21 PM »

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Oh, you are right, Tibro!!!

I wish I could attend the luncheon.
I am just too far away and also haven't been "out" since my surgery. I still am not supposed to bend or lift anything over 5 lbs.
I should get cleared at the end of this month, though.

I am doing well, except for horrific headaches that get me up at 3 am and keep me up til 5 or 6.  Normal part of the healing process for this thing I guess though.

I can't WAIT to get out of this house!!!!

THank you for asking, Tibro!

How are you doing?

We are doing well, thank you for asking.  DH still gets headaches and has some strong painkillers to take (stronger than over the counter ones) but no where near like the migraine type ones he used to get.  Drs now think it was small bleeds and not migraines.  Easier to diagnose in retrospect I suppose.  I thank God every day for clever surgeons and loving healing angels, as you would be doing.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #853 on: March 02, 2007, 07:24:51 PM »

Quote from: "Cat"
The giardella and donnie dysentary are cousins,you do not want meet them.I will go to the Zoo and stalk animals,till things are fixed.Anyone,well I want ask that now.Cat

Hey Cat I like your friends Bushmills and Black Bush better than those two Laughing  Laughing
Don't you go stalking the monkeys at the zoo- plenty of rodent type things to chase instead.

mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #854 on: March 02, 2007, 07:26:41 PM »

Hi monkeys...has anybody seen this?

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/news/local/16816419.htm

Mammana in guilty plea
'Crime fighter' to admit to gun, tax-evasion counts
By MICHAEL HINKELMAN
hinkelm@phillynews.com 215-854-2656
A wealthy Philadelphia businessman who gained fame by offering big rewards to help solve crime cases will soon be noted for something far less noble - cheating on his taxes.

Joe Mammana, 47, who has been in federal custody since December, intends to plead guilty on Tuesday to federal gun and tax-evasion charges, a federal prosecutor and his attorney said yesterday.

He had been scheduled to go on trial that day on a single count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

Mammana was arrested and charged by criminal complaint in November after federal investigators found a loaded .357 Magnum in his nightstand while they were searching his Yardley, Bucks County, home for business and tax records.

The feds said in their plea agreement with Mammana that he failed to file a personal tax return and pay taxes on more than $416,000 in 2005, and intentionally evaded taxes and failed to file returns on more than $4 million of income from 2000 through 2004.

Mammana stipulated in the plea agreement that he owes Uncle Sam at least $400,000 in back taxes but not more than $2.5 million. He has agreed to pay the IRS at least $200,000 before sentencing.

Mammana has also agreed to forfeit the Magnum and a 2003 Lamborghini Murielago, both of which were seized by the feds in November. The feds valued the Lamborghini at more than $287,000.

Mammana could face from six to nine years in prison.

Jeffrey M. Lindy, Mammana's attorney, declined to be interviewed yesterday and said he would not make Mammana available to answer questions from the Daily News.

Mammana owns an egg-processing plant in North Philadelphia - Yardley Farms - that takes raw eggs and turns them into powdered, liquid and frozen egg products.

A source who didn't want to be identified said the business is no longer operating. Another law-

yer for Mammana, Martin L. Trichon, could not be reached for comment. The phone at Yardley Farms emitted a constant busy signal.

Mammana is better known as a brash, philanthropic crime-fighter who told the Daily News in February 2006 he had "done more than anybody else in this city" to help people.

Mammana, an ex-Marine, said then that he had been offering reward money - or "bounties" - for 10 years to the Citizens Crime Commission.

In 2005, that reward money helped cops crack two widely publicized murder cases.

One was the killing of Latoyia Figueroa, the young Philadelphia woman pregnant with her boyfriend's baby, and Patricia McDermott, an Elkins Park mother who was killed while walking to her job at Pennsylvania Hospital, moments after leaving a SEPTA bus.

Mammana attracted national attention in 2005 when he pledged $100,000 for information to help solve the case of Natalee Holloway, the missing Alabama teen who disappeared during a trip to Aruba in May 2005.

Although Mammana made a name for himself fighting crime, he has been twice convicted of drug charges, once for aggravated assault and once for sexual harassment.

The convictions date back to the late 1980s and early 1990s.

At a detention hearing before a federal magistrate last December, the feds alleged that Mammana had skimmed upwards of $3.2 million from legitimate business accounts and steered the money into his personal checking account or the accounts of businesses Mammana had set up to finance a lavish lifestyle.

Bring Natalee home...
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #855 on: March 02, 2007, 07:29:19 PM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
San: The VDS compound has a fence around it and contains 3 buildings

Yes I do know about the three buildings.  I was looking at the color of that one particular building and it didn't match the rest.  It probably is Joran's apartment.

Here are a few angles of the VDS property.

Follow the path of the pool.

mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #856 on: March 02, 2007, 07:31:40 PM »

ArtColley, I'm so sorry about your headaches...I was hoping they would subside after your surgery. Hopefully they will start to let off soon!!

Bring Natalee home...
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #857 on: March 02, 2007, 07:38:08 PM »

Or maybe the neighbour came out to check the screaming and shouting etc., and was told the commotion was on the car radio?
Little piece of truth in the lies, as always

This is the photo.  Look how close the house is to the Sloots.  It even looks like there is no fence separating their yards.

Just moving this on to same page as other photos to compare - easier than flicking back and forth

Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #858 on: March 02, 2007, 07:43:02 PM »

Tibrogargen:

I'm glad that I am afforded the opportunity to come in here to take a breather... it can be treacherous on the front page.  I don't know that I have any enemies but I'm sure that I probably offended at least one or two people.  I thought about changing my name when I signed up for the forum, but then I figured, what the helk.

I thought about joining the forum for a while.  I wasn't sure about what it was all about, so I stayed on the front page for a long time.  I guess you could say I moved up the ranks.

It will be good to see you all posting there this weekend.  Maybe Klaas will post some really good articles to comment on.  She has done such a good job with these videos.   I have the feeling that many people come here to read about what's going on in the Natalee Holloway case and this weed-end, they're sure to get a treat!

I hope the luncheon goes well over the week-end for all the monkeys that are attending.  I think it's good that you all meet to do some socializing so you can get to know eachother better and put a real monkey face to the voice  Surprised  

Heeeee Heeeee!   I liked your comment about having a monitor!  We even have a person with a list of bad, little monkeys and their deeds!  Oh OH!  You know me, I don't mean to offend anyone; I just have a hard time keeping all the facts straight.  I rarely attack anyone, but misinformation is, clearly, my weakness.  That and the fact that I can write to make it sound like the voice of authority.  Sometimes, I read my posts and think, "Oh, sh!t!  I'm gonna get it now,"  and I do.

Actually, I was hoping that I might be able to help out, somehow.

I say that quietly, because I've served for non-profits before and usually saying that you want to help, lands you in a heap on the floor covered in work.  But, maybe as I familiarize myself with things and the people here, I'll find my niche.

Anyway, thanks for all the kind words.  I am happy to be an official MONKEY!

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #859 on: March 02, 2007, 07:55:16 PM »

San I have been studying these pictures and I still cannot reconcile them.  The one taken from the magazine article seems to be on the wrong angle or something as the pool shape does not seem right.  The pile of rubble (landscaping) by the pool is next to the fence in the overhead shots but it is on a straight edge of the pool not a rounded end as in the single photo.  Also the tree/bush seems wrong.  And the building in the background seems to be two story but does not look like that in the overhead shots.  I am going cross-eyed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.