April 27, 2024, 04:29:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #585 2/25 - 3/2/2007  (Read 107195 times)
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #860 on: March 02, 2007, 08:01:58 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Quote from: "Artcolley"
Quote from: "klaasend"
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The FORUM will go down tomorrow morning and won't be back up until Sunday afternoon.

Tom is doing an UPGRADE of the Forum so when the site comes back up some things may have changed...for the better!

Are you planning a "rehab" thread in the lounge when the forum comes back up???? For us addicted Monkeys????? Laughing  Sort of a "show and tell" about how we handled the weekend without Scared Monkeys????????

HeeHee - I think they decided it was a good time to update the forum as what seems like HALF the posters will be at the Monkeys Lunch in Atlanta.  Wish we could be there.  The rest of us are going to flood the FP.  Laughing  Laughing
How are you going Artcolley?  Hope you are progressing well.

Oh, you are right, Tibro!!!

I wish I could attend the luncheon.
I am just too far away and also haven't been "out" since my surgery. I still am not supposed to bend or lift anything over 5 lbs.
I should get cleared at the end of this month, though.

I am doing well, except for horrific headaches that get me up at 3 am and keep me up til 5 or 6.  Normal part of the healing process for this thing I guess though.

I can't WAIT to get out of this house!!!!

THank you for asking, Tibro!

How are you doing?

We are doing well, thank you for asking.  DH still gets headaches and has some strong painkillers to take (stronger than over the counter ones) but no where near like the migraine type ones he used to get.  Drs now think it was small bleeds and not migraines.  Easier to diagnose in retrospect I suppose.  I thank God every day for clever surgeons and loving healing angels, as you would be doing.

I'm glad to hear you are both well.
Oh, yes!  I second the clever surgeons and loving healing angels!!!!

Strange, but I found that ibuprofen tends to help with the headaches faster than the oxycodin I was prescribed. That stuff doesn't even touch them.'
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #861 on: March 02, 2007, 08:02:32 PM »

Welcome, Patti!!

Hey, hey, we're the monkeys,
people say we monkey around,
but we're too busy searching,
to put anybody down. (except for the Sloots et al)

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Been out with a friend seaching for foreclosures today.  All I can say is OMG. OMG. OMG!!!!!!! Shocked

Can't wait for lunch tomorrow!  Yippee!
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #862 on: March 02, 2007, 08:06:34 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"
ArtColley, I'm so sorry about your headaches...I was hoping they would subside after your surgery. Hopefully they will start to let off soon!!

Thanks, Mishy.
They'll go away..it just takes a bit of time.

They were all gone prior to the second surgery...now I go through the healing all over again. Grrrrrr
Patti
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #863 on: March 02, 2007, 08:06:35 PM »

Thank you, Sun Freak II

I hear there are more foreclosures around now than there have been in years.  I hope you find what you're looking for at a really good price.   Razz

Something
Bad Happened!

But Aruba says...
Joran is innocent
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #864 on: March 02, 2007, 08:07:41 PM »

Hi SunFreak Any news on your little "dognapped" friend?  Sure hope it is settled soon and she is home where she belongs.
Hope someone is taking a laptop to the get-together and taking notes so we can share later.
Did you see where they are going to close the forum because you will all be away and not posting?

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #865 on: March 02, 2007, 08:08:06 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"
Hi monkeys...has anybody seen this?

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/news/local/16816419.htm

Mammana in guilty plea
'Crime fighter' to admit to gun, tax-evasion counts
By MICHAEL HINKELMAN
hinkelm@phillynews.com 215-854-2656
A wealthy Philadelphia businessman who gained fame by offering big rewards to help solve crime cases will soon be noted for something far less noble - cheating on his taxes.

Joe Mammana, 47, who has been in federal custody since December, intends to plead guilty on Tuesday to federal gun and tax-evasion charges, a federal prosecutor and his attorney said yesterday.

He had been scheduled to go on trial that day on a single count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

Mammana was arrested and charged by criminal complaint in November after federal investigators found a loaded .357 Magnum in his nightstand while they were searching his Yardley, Bucks County, home for business and tax records.

The feds said in their plea agreement with Mammana that he failed to file a personal tax return and pay taxes on more than $416,000 in 2005, and intentionally evaded taxes and failed to file returns on more than $4 million of income from 2000 through 2004.

Mammana stipulated in the plea agreement that he owes Uncle Sam at least $400,000 in back taxes but not more than $2.5 million. He has agreed to pay the IRS at least $200,000 before sentencing.

Mammana has also agreed to forfeit the Magnum and a 2003 Lamborghini Murielago, both of which were seized by the feds in November. The feds valued the Lamborghini at more than $287,000.

Mammana could face from six to nine years in prison.

Jeffrey M. Lindy, Mammana's attorney, declined to be interviewed yesterday and said he would not make Mammana available to answer questions from the Daily News.

Mammana owns an egg-processing plant in North Philadelphia - Yardley Farms - that takes raw eggs and turns them into powdered, liquid and frozen egg products.

A source who didn't want to be identified said the business is no longer operating. Another law-

yer for Mammana, Martin L. Trichon, could not be reached for comment. The phone at Yardley Farms emitted a constant busy signal.

Mammana is better known as a brash, philanthropic crime-fighter who told the Daily News in February 2006 he had "done more than anybody else in this city" to help people.

Mammana, an ex-Marine, said then that he had been offering reward money - or "bounties" - for 10 years to the Citizens Crime Commission.

In 2005, that reward money helped cops crack two widely publicized murder cases.

One was the killing of Latoyia Figueroa, the young Philadelphia woman pregnant with her boyfriend's baby, and Patricia McDermott, an Elkins Park mother who was killed while walking to her job at Pennsylvania Hospital, moments after leaving a SEPTA bus.

Mammana attracted national attention in 2005 when he pledged $100,000 for information to help solve the case of Natalee Holloway, the missing Alabama teen who disappeared during a trip to Aruba in May 2005.

Although Mammana made a name for himself fighting crime, he has been twice convicted of drug charges, once for aggravated assault and once for sexual harassment.

The convictions date back to the late 1980s and early 1990s.

At a detention hearing before a federal magistrate last December, the feds alleged that Mammana had skimmed upwards of $3.2 million from legitimate business accounts and steered the money into his personal checking account or the accounts of businesses Mammana had set up to finance a lavish lifestyle.

Well no wonder we haven't heard a peep from him for awhile Shocked
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: March 02, 2007, 08:10:24 PM »

Not ignoring you guys, just fixing dinner!
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #867 on: March 02, 2007, 08:11:05 PM »

We are being good  Wink  Wink

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #868 on: March 02, 2007, 08:11:25 PM »

So, watcha makin??????? Laughing
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #869 on: March 02, 2007, 08:23:27 PM »

Strange, but I found that ibuprofen tends to help with the headaches faster than the oxycodin I was prescribed. That stuff doesn't even touch them.'

He takes a codeine/paracetamol combined tablet - unable to take ibuprofen as has high blood pressure.  (Family thing)
Oxycodon are like lollies - no help at all

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #870 on: March 02, 2007, 08:28:10 PM »

He takes a codeine/paracetamol combined tablet - unable to take ibuprofen as has high blood pressure.  (Family thing)

Hmmm. I may have to ask for something stronger like that. Yes, the Oxycodon is like lollies.
I was prescribed delauded (sp?) the last time. I took that with 2 tylenols and it seemed to help a bit. Problem is that too much tylenol will tear up your liver.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #871 on: March 02, 2007, 08:35:23 PM »

Hmmm. I may have to ask for something stronger like that. Yes, the Oxycodon is like lollies.
I was prescribed delauded (sp?) the last time. I took that with 2 tylenols and it seemed to help a bit. Problem is that too much tylenol will tear up your liver.

Ibuprofen can cause problems also if taken long term - stomach, kidneys and liver.  Do you take them with food or milk to minimise any tummy irritation?
Not sure if I can put on brand names here or even if it would help as they may be different over there.  When do you see your doctor again?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: March 02, 2007, 08:36:03 PM »

Fried Talapia and french fries  Wink
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #873 on: March 02, 2007, 08:39:42 PM »

What is Talapia?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #874 on: March 02, 2007, 08:43:55 PM »

What is Talapia?

Freshwater fish, mostly farmed.  Mild fish that I buy frozen in packs of 2 small fillets for $1, or 10 for $10.   Wink
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #875 on: March 02, 2007, 08:49:37 PM »

What is Talapia?

Freshwater fish, mostly farmed.  Mild fish that I buy frozen in packs of 2 small fillets for $1, or 10 for $10.   Wink

Thanks Klaas.  That is a good buy.
Just did a search and found they have been introduced here in some parts and are considered a pest for the native fish.  If you catch one it is ILLEGAL to release it!!

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #876 on: March 02, 2007, 08:58:45 PM »

Going to do a Klaas Dash to the shops  BBL.
That reminds me of OldFart.  Haven't seen him for a few days.  Hope he is OK

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #877 on: March 02, 2007, 09:06:23 PM »

Ibuprofen can cause problems also if taken long term - stomach, kidneys and liver.  Do you take them with food or milk to minimise any tummy irritation?
Not sure if I can put on brand names here or even if it would help as they may be different over there.  When do you see your doctor again?

Well, that was interesting! a Mini blackout in the living room and the computer went off for a bit.

Anyway, I see the doctor again at the end of the month.
I know ibuprofen can cause problems also, but I have no choice right now. Yes, I do take them with food or milk. Usually a cuppa milk, piece of toast and then the tablets. and THEN a cuppa coffee!!!!
It won't last long though..I think the last ones lasted a little over a month and then, poof, they were gone.

You should see my poor head! lol!  My doctor is a wonderful surgeon but he needs a course in hair dressing! Laughing
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #878 on: March 02, 2007, 09:08:36 PM »

What is Talapia?

OH, that sounds so delicious!! I love fish of any sort...EXCEPT Octapus and/or Squid. Can't abide the stuff..
oh, and mussles. Long story on THAT one. Har Har Har
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #879 on: March 02, 2007, 09:33:15 PM »

Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
Congratulations, Ms Darth Vada (what a pretty family name).  I know you must be very, very proud of your son!  Thank him for us for his service.

Thanks Tyler.  Your rose is beautiful, I only wish I could grow flowers and plants, but my thumb isn't green at all!  

What I know about the name Vada,  When my Grandmother was born, her mother died during childbirth, Her father David was a Woodsman who was gone for weeks at a time.  He didn't know what to name his newborn daughter, so he named her after his wife.  Incidently I learned that Vada is Sweedish and is the feminine derrivitave for the name David.

That is a sweet story. I am so happy that you know it.  I know stories about my grandmoter and her mother similar to that, and I feel honored to know them.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.