April 18, 2024, 08:30:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Our' Aging Infrastructure & Your Pocket Book & Stupidity  (Read 1280 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 15, 2010, 03:10:08 PM »

Everytime I hear someone, like Obama talk about 'our' aging infrastructure on TV it really bothers me.

It isn't 'our' aging infrastructure.  It belongs to communities, states, cities, and others.  There is nothing about 'our' in any of this.

Some of 'us' and/or our utilities, local communities, states, and cities, have planned, paid for, and required infrastructure to be updated on a regular basis.  It's already built into our taxes, utility rates, and lifestyle.

There is no way all of us should ever be paying for Obama's aging infrastructure.  Why should anyone elses aging infrastructure problems be socialized?  Why aren't these other folks paying their fair share?  Digging into local pockets?  Local utility subscribers?

Why are they looking for a federal handout?  Why does Obama think it's 'our' responsibility?

Why should some pay all, some pay nothing, and other pay all for no return?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 03:17:50 PM »

How many folks jumped up and bought out whole inventories of 8 track players when they were being phased out?  Maybe just a few with lots of kiddie or other tapes are the only ones that come to mind.

Common sense seems to lead people NOT to spend big bucks on old technology, old ways of doing things, when change is pounding on the door and bashing it in.

Where is change coming from?  Washington & Obama's White House.  Obama wants to bankrupt your local utility.  Raise your utility costs and take every penny you have.  My opinions.

Why would any reasonable person invest in utility infrastructure when Obama wants change?

Why replace millions of miles of old pipes?  In some community, it's a no brainer.  They inspect (use robots/remote cameras), repair, or replace when they redo roads. 

Take California, that keeps coming up on the news because of the gas explosions.  It's not the first explosion, ever.  Some folks refuse gas hook ups to their homes because they consider them dangerous.  Others do not.

With all the earthquakes in California, why would anyone ever put in gas pipes?  Why was the gas leak ignored?  Ive see gas leaks in my area they are not ignored.  They shut off the electric grid to prevent an explosion. 

What happens when we run out of natural gas because of Obama's regulation and stifling of the industry?  Will it matter to anyone that 'our' aging infrastructure was just replaced?

What are the alternatives?  In California, I don't think anyone will freeze.  Why not wean utility customers off their gas over say five years.  Tell them the system will be shut down and they have to convert to something else?

Electric?  Clean burning propane?  Wood?  Pellets?  Do without gas?

Investing in something like gas, in the age of Obama seems just stupid.  Waste of money.  If Obama has his way 'our' money for LOCAL problems.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.