April 19, 2024, 02:03:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #9 11/27/10 - 1/5/11  (Read 199665 times)
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2010, 12:28:34 PM »

Just posting in Zahra's thread to say:  We have not forgotten and are praying for justice for you, Zahra.  Rest in Peace, little angel.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 04:33:23 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 06:28:37 PM »

Just checking no arrest made yet 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
sadheart
Scared Monkey

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2010, 06:52:57 PM »

Are there any "justice for Zahra" bracelets available? If not, I think there should be, in purple, pink, white and blue. I would buy/wear one especially if profit went to her Au burial, a memorial/playground, etc.
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2010, 08:45:26 PM »

Yesterday I found the FB link, and went there 2 read.

Aaron Young ~ well I read his posts, and for someone so concerned about Z and her welfare  ~
I was SHOCKED that his posts tell me that he has to be a Portugese Sailor !
Does he know any words in the English language, which are not cuss "oriented ?"
I can honestly see him hooked up with Elisa.

As a G'ma. of 5, if anything happened to anyone of them, I would
NOT be posting on FB to defend their Dad, nor anyone else.
She acts like she IS a few fries shy in her Happy Meal. I see
now what is meant by......the apple does not fall far from the tree.

Fighting about a murdered 10 year old. I feel that Ma Baker is
a  DISPICABLE human being, and should be ahamed of herself,
but continues to blab on FB.

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2010, 08:53:38 PM »

Service to remember Zahra

TOWNSVILLE BULLETIN  |  November 30th, 2010

LITTLE Zahra Baker's only relatives in America - her grieving father Adam and grandmother Karen - are in hiding, under police protection, as public anger surges through the North Carolina township of Hickory.

The police protection will cover the planned memorial service this week for the murdered 10-year-old cancer survivor.

Adam and Karen have vowed that verbal abuse and intimidation will not deter them from honouring Zahra, as happened during the candlelight vigil on November 16 attended by more than 1000 on what would have been her 11th birthday.

The service, on Thursday, will be held in a chapel that seats about 200 people.

No funeral can be held until police complete their investigation.

The Baker family will throw open the doors of the memorial service to the public, saying they understand that others need closure too - everyone who helped look for Zahra over that agonising five-week period, the police investigators, emergency workers, her school mates, close friends and neighbours, and complete strangers whose lives were touched by the brave little Aussie girl who had beaten so much in her life.

Her grieving father and grandmother will be in the front pew of the church service to be held at the Drum Funeral Home in Hickory before the Reverend Larry Cooley, saying this time they refuse to be cowed by public vilification into not attending the memorial to Zahra's life.

"This time we're not going to stay away because people think we should," Karen said yesterday, speaking exclusively to the Townsville Bulletin from her hideaway.

"We can't have a funeral for our baby because the police have not released her body, and we don't know how long it will take for them to give her back to us.

"But we needed to do something, to try to move on a little bit we wanted a celebration of her life, a chance to remember the fun times, not so much the tears that have happened since she went missing."

"That's what I want people to see, and that's what I think the police and searchers need to see too, to get those horrible images out of their minds, to help them grieve too."

Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, 42, who met Adam on the internet and married him two years ago, is in jail on an obstruction of justice charge for allegedly confessing to writing a fake ransom note for $1 million following Zahra's disappearance in early October.

Zahra's body was discovered on November 12.

The family has asked that donations be made in Zahra's name to St Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, where Zahra was part of their research program, and in Australia to Camp Quality.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/11/30/188601_news.html

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 08:54:22 PM »

Aaron Young ~ well I read his posts, and for someone so concerned about Z and her welfare  ~

I agree.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2010, 08:58:33 PM »

Service to remember Zahra

TOWNSVILLE BULLETIN  |  November 30th, 2010

LITTLE Zahra Baker's only relatives in America - her grieving father Adam and grandmother Karen - are in hiding, under police protection, as public anger surges through the North Carolina township of Hickory.

The police protection will cover the planned memorial service this week for the murdered 10-year-old cancer survivor.

Adam and Karen have vowed that verbal abuse and intimidation will not deter them from honouring Zahra, as happened during the candlelight vigil on November 16 attended by more than 1000 on what would have been her 11th birthday.

No funeral can be held until police complete their investigation.

The Baker family will throw open the doors of the memorial service to the public, saying they understand that others need closure too - everyone who helped look for Zahra over that agonising five-week period, the police investigators, emergency workers, her school mates, close friends and neighbours, and complete strangers whose lives were touched by the brave little Aussie girl who had beaten so much in her life.

Her grieving father and grandmother will be in the front pew of the church service to be held at the Drum Funeral Home in Hickory before the Reverend Larry Cooley, saying this time they refuse to be cowed by public vilification into not attending the memorial to Zahra's life.

"This time we're not going to stay away because people think we should," Karen said yesterday, speaking exclusively to the Townsville Bulletin from her hideaway.

"We can't have a funeral for our baby because the police have not released her body, and we don't know how long it will take for them to give her back to us.

"But we needed to do something, to try to move on a little bit we wanted a celebration of her life, a chance to remember the fun times, not so much the tears that have happened since she went missing."

"That's what I want people to see, and that's what I think the police and searchers need to see too, to get those horrible images out of their minds, to help them grieve too."

Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, 42, who met Adam on the internet and married him two years ago, is in jail on an obstruction of justice charge for allegedly confessing to writing a fake ransom note for $1 million following Zahra's disappearance in early October.

The family has asked that donations be made in Zahra's name to St Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, where Zahra was part of their research program,
and in Australia to Camp Quality.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/11/30/188601_news.html

BMM
I wonder when she was seen at St.Jude.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 09:03:15 PM »

I agree.

I agree also. 

I believe more test results should be received by end of this week and I am hoping they will be enough to make sure AB is locked up.  Then this piece of garbage that is his mother can go back under her rock and stay there.

I can assure you that KB is a very poor example of an ordinary Australian.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 09:06:51 PM »

BMM

She wouldn't necessarily have to be seen at St Jude's to be part of their research program. She could have been part of their research while being treated in Australia. I know our hospital has partnered with different hospitals to be part of their research protocols and data without our patients stepping a foot in the other facility. I do not believe for a second that she received medical care while in the USA.

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2010, 09:07:54 PM »

The more I think about Zahra and St.Judes the more I don't believe it. If she was in their research program they would have all her previous medical records from Australia. That means that LE would not have to wait for the records to come from Australia they would be in this country.

Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2010, 09:20:03 PM »

http://www.chathousenews.com/

There are  some A+, NEW articles here 2 day, regarding Z.

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2010, 09:36:41 PM »

The more I think about Zahra and St.Judes the more I don't believe it. If she was in their research program they would have all her previous medical records from Australia. That means that LE would not have to wait for the records to come from Australia they would be in this country.

St ude's would not have records identifiable to her if she were enrolled in the research via her treatment in Australia. Jude's would only have the data associated with her treatment with no name attached.

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2010, 09:40:19 PM »

Nite all !
Hopefully the DNA results will be completed by Friday,
and LE can get the show on the road and place some
people in silver......where they belong !

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2010, 09:54:45 PM »

Nite all !
Hopefully the DNA results will be completed by Friday,
and LE can get the show on the road and place some
people in silver......where they belong !

Good night LEP

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2010, 10:00:00 PM »

BMM

She wouldn't necessarily have to be seen at St Jude's to be part of their research program. She could have been part of their research while being treated in Australia. I know our hospital has partnered with different hospitals to be part of their research protocols and data without our patients stepping a foot in the other facility. I do not believe for a second that she received medical care while in the USA.
I agree with you. I know how these things work.
As for that POS of a sperm donor, well Zahra must have got most of her the DNA from Emily. I knew these peeps would have themselves a cry fest. Too bad they didn't look out for her when she was in the bedroom being abused. Karen Baker was in AU, but the rest of them, like someone said, they could have done something, taken the child to an ER while she had marks, go outside and call 911 while the abuse was going on. ANYTHING. Or stand up and say something and put it in no uncertain terms what they would do. And POS AB just sat there. I logged myself off for a few days, needed a time out. I read, but I made it so that I had to think a bit before I posted.
O/T, I installed Google Chrome ( free ), love it ! 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2010, 10:20:23 PM »

Zahra Baker's relatives hiding under US police protection ahead of memorial service
November 30, 2010 11:50AM
ZAHRA Baker's only relatives in America - her grieving father Adam Baker and grandmother Karen Baker - are in hiding, under police protection, as public anger surges through the North Carolina township of Hickory.

The police protection will cover the planned memorial service this week for the murdered Australian 10-year-old, the Townsville Bulletin said.

Adam and Karen Baker have vowed that verbal abuse and intimidation will not deter them from honouring Zahra, as happened during the candlelight vigil on November 16 attended by more than 1000 on what would have been her 11th birthday.

No funeral can be held until police complete their investigation into the disappearance and death of the little girl, a two-time cancer survivor who had a prosthetic leg and also suffered from impaired hearing.

The Baker family will throw open the doors of the memorial service to the public, saying they understand that others need closure too - everyone who helped look for Zahra over that agonising five-week period, the police investigators, emergency workers, her school mates, close friends and neighbours, and complete strangers whose lives were touched by her story.

"This time we're not going to stay away because people think we should," Karen Baker said, speaking exclusively to the Townsville Bulletin from her hideaway.

Zahra's American stepmother, Elisa Baker, 42, who met Adam on the internet and married him two years ago, is in jail on an obstruction of justice charge for allegedly confessing to writing a fake ransom note for $1 million following Zahra's disappearance in early October.

The family has asked that donations be made in Zahra's name to St Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, where Zahra was part of their research program, and in Australia to Camp Quality.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/zahra-bakers-relatives-hiding-under-us-police-protection-ahead-of-memorial-service/story-e6frf7l6-1225963220764?from=public_rss

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2010, 10:23:30 PM »

Court keeps Zahra Baker search warrants sealed
By Sarah Newell williamson
Published: November 29, 2010

HICKORY --

The district attorney’s office is fighting to keep search warrants relating to the Zahra Baker homicide case sealed.

The warrants that have been sealed include one each for Elisa Baker’s MySpace account, Facebook account and America Online email account, and eight for Elisa and Adam Baker’s house at 21 21st Avenue, NW, in Hickory. The search warrants were from Oct. 11-Oct. 29.

The Hickory Police Department asked for the search warrants to be sealed. On each search warrant, judges stated “the release of information contained in said search warrant and its return will potentially undermine an ongoing investigation or jeopardize the right of the state to prosecute a defendant or defendants or jeopardize the rights of a defendant or defendants to receive a fair trial.”

The 11 search warrants have been signed by four different judges.

According to an administrative order effective Oct. 1 from resident Catawba County Superior Court Judge Timothy Kincaid, arrest and search warrants and related documents become public record when they are executed and returned to the clerk’s office, unless they are sealed by the court.

If they are sealed, as the search warrants in the Zahra Baker case were, they “shall expire in 30 days unless a different expiration date is specified in the order,” according to the administrative order.

However, “the state may move for an extension of an order sealing or redacting a court document and the existing order shall remain in effect until the motion for extension is decided.”

Although the search warrants were initially believed to be unsealed on Monday, prosecutor Sean McGinnis came to the clerk’s office and filed a motion to extend the sealed orders.

An attempt was made by the Hickory Daily Record on Wednesday to gain access to the search warrants. However, Clerk of Superior Court Al Jean Bogle was not at the courthouse Wednesday, and other clerks were hesitant to make a decision about the search warrants in her absence, saying she was the only person who could make the decision. There were also no superior court judges at the courthouse to speak with.

Several media outlets returned to the courthouse again on Monday to try to obtain copies of the search warrants that had passed the 30-day mark. On each search warrant is an order sealing the search warrant and its return, along with the reason stating why it’s sealed. However, after this is a separate paragraph that states “it is therefore ordered that this search warrant and its return be sealed and not released to the public until further order of the court.”

This paragraph is what is being argued.

“A judge can change his order, but until it’s been filed, we go with what’s already on file,” Bogle said.

This last paragraph, which is on every sealed warrant, supercedes Judge Kincaid’s administrative order stating the sealed warrants should be released after 30 days, Bogle said. Although Poovey told her verbally the warrants should be unsealed, Bogle said the clerk’s office has to go with what’s on file until a written motion is filed with the clerk’s office.

In the motion, McGinnis stated again that unsealing the warrants and the search return could jeopardize the case.

The order also asked for a hearing on Dec. 13 to determine if the orders could remain sealed.

“It’s important for the integrity of the case,” said District Attorney Jay Gaither, speaking of why his office asked for the warrants to remain sealed. “Nothing has changed since they were sealed.”

Zahra, a 10-year-old Australian girl who has captured the hearts of many across the state and nation, was first reported missing by her father, Adam Baker, on Oct. 9. The bubbly child lost part of her left leg and some of her hearing to cancer, which she beat twice. On Oct. 12, the Amber Alert that was issued was cancelled and the case was changed to a homicide investigation. On Nov. 12, police said they had enough evidence to confirm that Zahra was dead.

Her stepmother, Elisa Baker, has been charged with obstruction of justice. She is accused of writing a false ransom note in which she demanded $1 million. Adam and Elisa have both been arrested on several other charges unrelated to Zahra’s disappearance. Adam has since bonded out of jail.

No arrests have been made in Zahra’s case. Her family is holding a celebration of life service on Thursday at Drum Funeral Home and Cremation Services in Hickory.
http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/29/court-keeps-zahra-baker-search-warrants-sealed-ar-576265/

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2010, 03:21:59 AM »

Took a break from this for a while.....  was really getting me down.  I see nothing new really.  I was hoping to come back and see AB had been arrested.  My fear is they won't find the evidence they need to lock him up.

PLEASE!  Justice for Zahra!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2010, 10:05:22 AM »

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/8699613/
Posted: 6:23 a.m. today
Updated: 6:53 a.m. today
Prosecutors: Keep warrants secret in Zahra's case

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Prosecutors want to keep secret the search warrants in the investigation in the disappearance of a disabled North Carolina girl.

Multiple media outlets report that prosecutors filed a request Monday to keep the warrants secret in the case of 10-year-old Zahra Baker because of the ongoing investigation.

The girl's father and stepmother reported Zahra missing Oct. 9. Police say they found her remains in Caldwell County more than a month later. Zahra had used a prosthetic leg and hearing aids after a bout with cancer.

Her stepmother, Elisa Baker, is charged with obstruction of justice after police say she wrote a fake ransom note about another girl the day Zahra was reported missing. The girl's father, Adam Baker, faces unrelated charges.

A hearing on prosecutors' request is Dec. 13.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2010, 11:29:38 AM »

Took a break from this for a while.....  was really getting me down.  I see nothing new really.  I was hoping to come back and see AB had been arrested.  My fear is they won't find the evidence they need to lock him up.

PLEASE!  Justice for Zahra!

Bananas~ I really think he will be charged along with EB. No way they lived in a 900 sq. ft. house and he wasn't aware of what's going on. He's been reportedly playing on IMVU all  while which tells me that the blood and gore and thoughts of her being dismembered are nothing to worry with . He and his mother (who acts exactly like CA) never talk about that final act of indignity, most non guilty people would be devestated, not them. She spends her time on FB defending him, not being outraged about Zahra, something's not right. I think he'll go down for this.  Maybe his gothbride really was telling the truth in her letters, self serving yes, but maybe a lot of truth in there.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.