March 28, 2024, 10:26:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #9 11/27/10 - 1/5/11  (Read 199278 times)
pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #360 on: December 02, 2010, 02:24:44 AM »

There seems to be a lot of rumpus kissing going on in that AY forum. I'm hoping that the posters over there haven't truely been drawn in!

Yeah, I noticed that too..... rather sickening huh?  Why would he even be spouting off there?  Anyone who could stay married to EB for 10 years is just as nutty as the rest of them.

Without a doubt!!!

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #361 on: December 02, 2010, 02:52:15 AM »

There seems to be a lot of rumpus kissing going on in that AY forum. I'm hoping that the posters over there haven't truely been drawn in!

Yeah, I noticed that too..... rather sickening huh?  Why would he even be spouting off there?  Anyone who could stay married to EB for 10 years is just as nutty as the rest of them.

Without a doubt!!!

Aaron appears to be less than a creditable source IMO.
Some way, somehow he KNOWS something, or was involved in some way.....who in their right mind would live with EB for 10 years ?

I just know deep in my gut that he knows something and it will be revealed in the future...rem., he IS Elisa's brother. Geez !

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #362 on: December 02, 2010, 04:04:56 AM »

I am drawn here but when I arrive, I am sickened by the thoughts of what Zahra has endured.  This is by far the worst thing I have ever tried to assimilate.  I can't understand it and I am glad that my mind and heart cannot understand such fiendish things.  It breaks my heart and I weep for Zahra.

WE WANT JUSTICE FOR ZAHRA

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #363 on: December 02, 2010, 04:58:36 AM »

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25974190/detail.html?cxntlid=cmg_cntnt_rss
(with video)
Bone DNA Matches Sample From Zahra’s Home
December 1, 2010

HICKORY, N.C. -- DNA from bones found in the Dudley Shoals area of Caldwell County match a DNA sample taken from Zahra Baker’s home, Hickory police said Wednesday.
Police sent out a release on Wednesday afternoon saying they received the test results from the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation’s lab.

The remains, which police said were consistent with those of a child, were found on Nov. 10. On Nov. 12, police said they had recovered enough physical evidence to believe they had found Zahra.

"I've been dreading this moment since early on in this investigation," Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins said at the time.
The DNA sample taken from the Bakers’ home was from personal items believed to be Zahra’s, police said. Investigators are still waiting on a known DNA profile for Zahra that is being created from cheek swabs that were collected from her biological mother, Emily Dietrich, and father, Adam Baker.
(snip)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #364 on: December 02, 2010, 07:11:31 AM »

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13601201
Hickory funeral home holds tribute to Zahra Baker
Associated Press - December 2, 2010 4:15 AM ET

HICKORY, N.C. (AP) - A Hickory funeral home is inviting people to sign a register book in memory of a 10-year-old disabled girl police say was dismembered after she died.

Drum Funeral Home will also show a memorial tribute to Zahra Baker from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Friday.

The girl's family had originally planned a public memorial service, but family members changed their mind and decided instead to have a private service later.

Police say Baker's remains were found in two separate locations last month. No one has been charged in her death or the disposal of her remains.

Baker was a cancer survivor who moved to North Carolina from her native Australia after his father married a woman he met on the Internet.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #365 on: December 02, 2010, 08:11:48 AM »

Issues With Jane Velez Mitchell 12/01/10
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1012/01/ijvm.01.html

Nancy Grace Transcripts
December 01, 2010
• Allegations Zahra Was Raped Denied
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ng.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #366 on: December 02, 2010, 08:24:31 AM »

I am drawn here but when I arrive, I am sickened by the thoughts of what Zahra has endured.  This is by far the worst thing I have ever tried to assimilate.  I can't understand it and I am glad that my mind and heart cannot understand such fiendish things.  It breaks my heart and I weep for Zahra.

WE WANT JUSTICE FOR ZAHRA

Bananas, I so agree with your feelings . . . I feel the same.

suzyinpgh
Scared Monkey

« Reply #367 on: December 02, 2010, 09:34:32 AM »

Good Morning everyone.  I really don't comment much especially in this case.  There is so much to say but I can't really put into words. 

One thing I would like to know for certain is that Zahra's remains are NOT going to her sperm donar. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #368 on: December 02, 2010, 09:45:40 AM »

Believe they are  Don't take much for rumpus kissing over there.  Thank-you Pink Angel for that info.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #369 on: December 02, 2010, 09:48:43 AM »

5 cell phones
Kodak disposable camera
Sanyo digital camera w/memory card
photo CD w/negatives                                           On the salary that Adam was making? I think not, drug dealing and what else was going on to need all that?
4myjoey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #370 on: December 02, 2010, 10:07:28 AM »

Lawyers appointed when murder charges were 'imminent' are removed.

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - Two attorneys – including one high-profile lawyer – who were appointed in October to the dad and stepmother of a deceased 10-year-old Hickory girl were removed Wednesday.

The two lawyers, Lisa Dubs and Mark Killian, were appointed to Elisa and Adam Baker, respectively, when it seemed "a charge of first-degree murder… was imminent" against them in the death of Zahra Baker, according to the NC Capital Defender's office.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13602250
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #371 on: December 02, 2010, 10:17:18 AM »

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - Two attorneys – including one high-profile lawyer – who were appointed in October to the dad and stepmother of a deceased 10-year-old Hickory girl were removed Wednesday.

The two lawyers, Lisa Dubs and Mark Killian, were appointed to Elisa and Adam Baker, respectively, when it seemed "a charge of first-degree murder… was imminent" against them in the death of Zahra Baker, according to the NC Capital Defender's office.

What does this mean????  Just a change in lawyers or she isn't gonna be charged with first degree?  I hope the attys. just wanted out of the case.  Maybe she needs a DP qualified one.  Dubs is qualified isn't she.  I guess this means they are cutting EvilE a deal.  OMG I hope they didn't give her too much.  She IMO deserves the DP but I at least want LWOP.  I'm uneasy waiting for the answer to this one guys!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #372 on: December 02, 2010, 10:41:17 AM »

What does this mean????  Just a change in lawyers or she isn't gonna be charged with first degree?  I hope the attys. just wanted out of the case.  Maybe she needs a DP qualified one.  Dubs is qualified isn't she.  I guess this means they are cutting EvilE a deal.  OMG I hope they didn't give her too much.  She IMO deserves the DP but I at least want LWOP.  I'm uneasy waiting for the answer to this one guys!
Oh wow, I don't believe in this, but Adam better be afraid that someone doesn't take the law into their own hands.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #373 on: December 02, 2010, 10:46:30 AM »

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/12/02/1880285/dna-on-bones-may-match-zahras.html
DNA on bones may match Zahra's
Police await results of more tests. Documents show DSS investigated family.

Posted: Thursday, Dec. 02, 2010
Missing Girl North Carolina

Documents show that DSS was told that Zahra was abused. JAMES NIX - INDEPENDENT TRIBUNE VIA AP

HICKORY DNA evidence from bones found along a rural Caldwell County road matches DNA from personal items believed to have belonged to 10-year-old Zahra Baker, Hickory police announced Wednesday.

Tests from the N.C. State Bureau of Investigation's crime lab confirm the match, police said.

Hickory police say they have enough physical evidence to prove Zahra is dead. But they said Wednesday they're still waiting on a DNA profile of Zahra that will be created from cheek swabs of her biological parents.

Also on Wednesday, Department of Social Services officials in Caldwell and Catawba counties continued their refusal to answer questions about what they did - or failed to do - to protect Zahra.
New documents released Tuesday offered confirmation that DSS received at least one report, in July, that Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, had been physically abusing the girl. As a result, the document says, Zahra had a black eye.

The document also says DSS conducted "numerous investigations" regarding allegations that Elisa Baker abused her biological children as far back as 1999. A lawyer for Elisa Baker said previously that DSS had not substantiated any allegations of abuse.

Family and friends have repeatedly said they saw signs Zahra suffered abuse. One woman, speaking at a vigil for Zahra, said the Baker family reported allegations of abuse to DSS three times.

DSS officials say state confidentiality laws prohibit them from talking about any involvement they might have had with Zahra or her family. It is not clear how the abuse allegations were handled.

N.C. law keeps DSS records private in most instances, but in cases where a parent or caregiver was charged in connection with a child's death or near-death, agencies can release information showing what actions social workers took to protect a child.

No one has been charged in Zahra's death, and Elisa Baker and her husband, Adam Baker, have denied any wrongdoing in the case. But Elisa Baker remains in jail, charged with obstruction of justice, after police say she admitted writing a phony ransom note to mislead investigators looking into the Zahra's disappearance.

The abuse allegations were contained in search warrant documents unsealed Tuesday at the Catawba County courthouse in Newton.

The documents also revealed that Zahra may have been raped by two men before she died, and that the men may also have physically assaulted her. That report came from an unnamed source who told police he got the information from talking to someone else. Police won't say whether they consider the two men suspects in Zahra's death or disappearance.

But most of the 121 pages of documents focused on searches of the Baker's home and their phone and computer records.

The documents offer fresh details about the days surrounding Zahra's reported disappearance.

Elisa Baker said she and her husband took Zahra to an October Fest event in Hickory on the evening of Oct. 8, according to the court documents. When they got home, Zahra went to bed. Elisa Baker said she checked on the girl about 2:30 a.m., and that she awakened about three hours later to find a small grass fire in the family's backyard.

Authorities called to the fire discovered a ransom note suggesting that someone had abducted the daughter of Adam Baker's boss. But police found the girl was safe at home.
The Bakers called police again hours later to report their own daughter, Zahra, missing.

Elisa Baker later told police that Zahra must have been abducted while she and Adam Baker went outside to deal with the fire. The fire, she alleged, must have been a ruse to get them out of the house.

But Adam Baker told investigators he hadn't seen his daughter since Oct. 6.

It's unclear whether Adam Baker had known for three days that his daughter was missing, or whether he thought she was with family or friends.

Adam Baker also told police at one point that he believed his daughter was taken by whoever wrote the ransom note.

Police took cheek swabs from Elisa Baker, the search warrant documents show. Police said that evidence is important so investigators have DNA samples from all persons involved in the case as well as those who live at the Bakers' home.

Among items police seized from the Bakers' home: a section of a floor, a section of a wall, carpet fibers, latex gloves, a knife, stun gun, notebook with writings, digital camera with memory card, red towel, photo of Zahra, eight empty pill bottles, a cutting from a mattress and a pair of hearing aids.

Zahra was hearing impaired and lost a leg to bone cancer.

In the new documents, Elisa Baker detail how Zahra's body was dismembered and disposed of at various locations.

They also describe how Elisa Baker rode around with police to locations where evidence had been discarded. Speaking through her attorney, Baker said she and Adam Baker had thrown Zahra's prosthetic leg into a Dumpster at an apartment complex in Hickory.

Elisa Baker also directed police to Dumpster behind a grocery store in Hudson. She said a bed comforter and car cover used to conceal and transport Zahra's body parts had been thrown into the Dumpster.

A memorial service to celebrate Zahra's life planned for today by family members was postponed, according to staff at Drum Funeral Home.

But people have stopped by the funeral home to sign a registry placed beside a photo of Zahra. A video slideshow played nearby Wednesday, displaying photos of Zahra wearing a pink cowgirl hat, smiling on the back of a motorcycle, and wearing a scarf over her head after her cancer treatments.

Visitors can pay respects at the funeral home , on 29th Avenue Northeast in Hickory, from 5 to 7 tonight, and from 1 to 4 p.m. Friday.

A private memorial service will be held later for family members.

~ Peter Frampton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #374 on: December 02, 2010, 11:30:40 AM »

Lawyers appointed when murder charges were 'imminent' are removed
Posted: Dec 02, 2010 9:07 AM EST
Updated: Dec 02, 2010 9:18 AM EST

Lisa Dubs is a high-profile attorney, known for defending capital murder trials and her web site says that her specialties are "capital murder cases and serious felonies." The two attorneys were removed as both Adam and Elisa Baker have "not been arrested or indicted in connection with the death of" Zahra, the state capital defender wrote.

Elisa Baker has been charged with obstruction of justice after police say she admitted to faking a ransom note just after Zahra was reported missing on Oct. 13. She is being represented by Scott Reilly for that charge.

The legal changes come just two days after warrants were released that indicate Zahra was dismembered after she died and that blood and bodily fluids could be found in the drains of the house where the family lived in Hickory. Just Thursday, police said that DNA evidence proved that Zahra's remains were found in different locations, meaning she had been dismembered.

Elisa Baker remains in jail on obstruction of justice charges. Adam Baker has been charged with some non-related crimes and has appeared in court recently.

The family of Zahra – minus Elisa Baker – were scheduled to hold a memorial service for her Thursday night, but those plans have changed.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #375 on: December 02, 2010, 11:38:15 AM »

What am I missing with this? Do they feel that there isn't enough evidence that Elisa and Adam killed Zahra? Is there thinking that perhaps she did die in her bed from something and they did all the horrible stuff they did to Zahra, but didn't murder her? Sure hope we hear more because this is very unsettling.  Unless they are waiting for more test results to come back?
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #376 on: December 02, 2010, 11:42:08 AM »

Good morning, 

I am going to post my thoughts but know I feel bad about even bringing this up.

I KNOW I heard that there is a difference in blood splatter when someone is living versus when they are dead.  I think I heard it from one of the "experts" NG had on her show awhile back on this or some other case.

Seems once a person dies the blood does not splatter during dismemberment. There is much less to clean up. Though I am sure there would be evidence on the walls and ceiling in the bathroom, there would be no evidence in any other room if Zahra was not killed violently.  So, for me, I would wonder from which roooms the wall and floor boards were removed;  Only the bathroom?

I would like to say I spent many years living in a rural area where people "run over the hill".  Given the financial situation of the Bakers, regardless of where they go, it will likely be a place where people will not accept them.

Terri
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #377 on: December 02, 2010, 11:47:48 AM »

Good morning, 

I KNOW I heard that there is a difference in blood splatter when someone is living versus when they are dead.  I think I heard it from one of the "experts" NG had on her show awhile back on this or some other case.

Seems once a person dies the blood does not splatter during dismemberment. There is much less to clean up. Though I am sure there would be evidence on the walls and ceiling in the bathroom, there would be no evidence in any other room if Zahra was not killed violently.  So, for me, I would wonder from which roooms the wall and floor boards were removed;  Only the bathroom?

I would like to say I spent many years living in a rural area where people "run over the hill".  Given the financial situation of the Bakers, regardless of where they go, it will likely be a place where people will not accept them.

Terri
I got into a discussion with my husband over with, when you die you still have the same amount of blood, so why wouldn't it splatter the same? I can't even believe I'm asking this 
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #378 on: December 02, 2010, 11:54:48 AM »

Good morning, 

Terri
I got into a discussion with my husband over with, when you die you still have the same amount of blood, so why wouldn't it splatter the same? I can't even believe I'm asking this 

Because it is no longer pumping would be my guess.

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: December 02, 2010, 11:58:14 AM »

Good morning, 

Terri

Because it is no longer pumping would be my guess.
Thank-you that would make sense. There still would be a good amount of blood I would think. One thing that I may have missed, did the Bakers wash down and try to clean most of the evidence? Reading about tissue on the wall made me wonder if they did. I know that know matter how you clean, almost always some blood or evidence is left behind.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.