March 28, 2024, 06:29:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #9 11/27/10 - 1/5/11  (Read 199274 times)
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #540 on: December 04, 2010, 11:26:47 AM »

I may be completely wrong, but I think I have heard in the past that some sentences in some states carry more weight than "life".  I have read of outrage when someone given LWOP was paroled due to some loophole or change.  I do not remember but know I read it.
Conversely, there are some sentences that you  may as well be serving life.

So, is there a possibility that they have already told EB what charges she will face and what sentence she will receive?  And speaking from experience with family members, in my state the judge does not have to go along with the recommendations of the prosecutor.  The criminal never know what will happen until the gavel falls.

Terri
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #541 on: December 04, 2010, 11:28:29 AM »

I also want to say that I agree that the tattoo of Zahra's name is questionable to say the least.  Something is off. 

Terri
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #542 on: December 04, 2010, 11:50:08 AM »

IMO, I don't think the gothmonsters will last 1 year once they are thrown in the state pen. Those ruff necks in there will destroy them. They don't like child criminals, especially after what they did to Zahra. So whether they are sentenced to 9 years or 99 years, I'll bet they don't last more than 1 year in there. There will be no place to hide.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #543 on: December 04, 2010, 12:21:05 PM »

The deal is that she has to co operate fully.
Else no deal.
Somwhere I read that expect no more charges, etc until Jan.
Lab results and all that.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: December 04, 2010, 12:34:49 PM »

He did tattoo her name on him. I found this on his YouTube channel. I think I just threw up a little.

What part of his body is this?  Definately says Zahra:

http://www.youtube.com/user/railbugfreak

Klaas

It may be these almost 64 year old eyes require a new pair of specs but ... I cannot make out the name "Zahra".  Could you please zero in on it.

Thanks

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: December 04, 2010, 12:37:37 PM »

The deal is that she has to co operate fully.
Else no deal.
Somwhere I read that expect no more charges, etc until Jan.
Lab results and all that.

A necessary deal with the devil.

I hope you are keeping well Kat_Gram.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #546 on: December 04, 2010, 12:47:33 PM »

Hi Grandma Karma.

I see ya in the rafter but you do not post often.  I miss ya.

Good News!!  My sixth grandbaby is on the way.

Janet

_____

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #547 on: December 04, 2010, 01:50:57 PM »

Hi Janet, OT, CONGRATS. I have three, new grandaughter is 8 months. Never thought I would see that baby ! ps, Because of me and she was a hi risk babe. But she is 100 % perfect. And I am about a 80%, best that I can be.
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #548 on: December 04, 2010, 02:34:56 PM »

I also want to say that I agree that the tattoo of Zahra's name is questionable to say the least.  Something is off. 

Terri

I'm going to agree with you completely on this.  I know people do this for family  members they've lost, but it's really inappropriate for a man of this age, not related, etc to do it.  I'm trying to think what he was doing and when he got the tattoo.  Did he do it before they determined for sure that she was dead?  Did he do it to try to show "Oh I loved her so much - I couldn't have been involved?"  Did he do it because he had inappropriately strong feelings or relationship with her?  Or did he do it just because he's a blooming idiot?  THAT certainly can't be ruled out.  Razz
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #549 on: December 04, 2010, 02:49:47 PM »

Hi Janet, OT, CONGRATS. I have three, new grandaughter is 8 months. Never thought I would see that baby ! ps, Because of me and she was a hi risk babe. But she is 100 % perfect. And I am about a 80%, best that I can be.

OT

Congratulations to you!  I am thankful your new granddaughter is fine.  You have been truly blessed.

I have four grandsons and one granddaughter.  Another granddaughter would be nice but ... considering I would not trade any of my grandsons for anything this world has to offer ... I know I will be rejoicing either way.

One day at time Kat ... One day at a time.

an angelic monkey

Janet

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #550 on: December 04, 2010, 03:08:56 PM »

He did tattoo her name on him. I found this on his YouTube channel. I think I just threw up a little.

Klaas

It may be these almost 64 year old eyes require a new pair of specs but ... I cannot make out the name "Zahra".  Could you please zero in on it.

Thanks

Janet

See now?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #551 on: December 04, 2010, 03:11:05 PM »

Yup!

Thank Klaas.

That is absolutely weird.

Janet

_____

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #552 on: December 04, 2010, 03:46:00 PM »

Klaas

Thanks

Janet

Good afternoon monkeys,

When I saw the tatoo the first thing I thought of was hat crazy bunch that call themselves "Juggalos" 

pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #553 on: December 04, 2010, 05:16:10 PM »

Klaas

Thanks

Janet

Good afternoon monkeys,

When I saw the tatoo the first thing I thought of was hat crazy bunch that call themselves "Juggalos" 

Yep. Card carrying wackadoos!

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #554 on: December 04, 2010, 05:44:18 PM »

The Zahra Tat seems to be poorly or hastily done.  Not a good looking tat by any means.
Poor Zahra, she deserved to be around loving and caring folks, not this band of ..................................I don't know what they are............I've not seen many like them, that is for sure.
RIP, little angel.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #555 on: December 04, 2010, 06:41:40 PM »

OK my ignorance will be showing but are tats expensive to get ? EB has a lot and so does AY and both are unemployed or on disability.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #556 on: December 04, 2010, 07:02:57 PM »

OK my ignorance will be showing but are tats expensive to get ? EB has a lot and so does AY and both are unemployed or on disability.

My youngest brother is a tattoo artist, they can run anywhere from $20 to up to the thousands.  A lot of AY's tattoos look to be home done. Like the guy down the street does them or some such. My youngest daughter has a cross on her leg that runs from her ankle to her knee (on the side) and it cost her almost $400. And no mom has no tats so not sure why she chose to do this.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #557 on: December 04, 2010, 07:23:12 PM »

Prosecutor: Death penalty still on the table in Zahra case
by Franco Ordoñez | Charlotte ******* WCNC.com
Posted on December 4, 2010 at 6:18 PM

HICKORY, N.C.-- The prosecutor involved in the Zahra Baker case has indicated that the death penalty and first-degree murder charges are not off the table as possible punishments if the Hickory girl is found to have been murdered.

"We're under no obligation not to pursue capital murder charges or first-degree murder charges against any individual if there is sufficient and credible evidence to prove that Zahra Baker was murdered by that individual," District Attorney James Gaither Jr. told the ******* on Saturday.

The district attorney of Catawba County declined to comment on the existence or non-existence of an agreement between the state and Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker.

Several television stations have reported that Gaither signed an agreement with Baker that would allow her to avoid the death penalty and first-degree murder charges if she cooperated in the investigation into Zahra's disappearance and death.

But a source who spoke on the condition of anonymity told the ******* the agreement was contingent on, among other things, Baker being truthful in her assistance of law enforcement in the investigation.

Zahra was reported missing Oct. 9. The search for the freckled girl who lost part of her leg to bone cancer drew worldwide attention.

Media outlets from as far a away as Australia, where Zahra was born, traveled to Hickory to report on the search that spanned Burke, Caldwell and Catawba counties.

Her remains were found a month later in two separate rural locations in Caldwell County.

No one has been charged in connection with her death. Both Elisa Baker and Zahra's father, Adam Baker, have denied any wrongdoing in the case.

Elisa Baker's attorney, Lisa Dubs, couldn't be reached Saturday. She was removed from the case as a state-appointed attorney, but she told the Hickory Daily Record that she would continue to represent Baker.

Elisa Baker is in jail, charged with obstruction of justice, after police say she admitted to writing a phony ransom note to mislead investigators looking into Zahra's disappearance.

A first-degree murder conviction can be punishable by life in prison or the death penalty. Second-degree murder is punishable by sentences ranging from seven years to more than 32 years in prison depending on the defendant's criminal record and the circumstances surrounding the killing.

Court documents unsealed last week revealed that Baker provided a substantial amount of assistance to investigators in their search for evidence. She rode with police and directed them to locations where evidence had been discarded. Through Dubs, Baker told an investigator that latex gloves were used while Zahra's body was dismembered.

Dubs also said investigators might find remains in the bathtub drain at the Bakers' Hickory home. Baker also said she and her husband, Adam Baker, dumped a mattress that belonged to Zahra at a trash dump in Granite Falls.

Elisa Baker took a polygraph test. When asked two questions - "Did you hurt Zahra?" and "Do you know the person who wrote that ransom note?" - she showed deception on each, according to the documents. Staff writer Gary L. Wright contributed.
http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Prosecutor-Death-penalty-still-on-the-table-in-Zahra-case-111324889.html

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #558 on: December 04, 2010, 07:28:27 PM »

My youngest brother is a tattoo artist, they can run anywhere from $20 to up to the thousands.  A lot of AY's tattoos look to be home done. Like the guy down the street does them or some such. My youngest daughter has a cross on her leg that runs from her ankle to her knee (on the side) and it cost her almost $400. And no mom has no tats so not sure why she chose to do this.

The "Zahra" above his wrist looks like it could even be in black magic marker to me.  But who knows. And I doubt many care.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: December 04, 2010, 07:57:06 PM »

Prosecutor: Death penalty still on the table in Zahra case
by Franco Ordoñez | Charlotte ******* WCNC.com
Posted on December 4, 2010 at 6:18 PM

HICKORY, N.C.-- The prosecutor involved in the Zahra Baker case has indicated that the death penalty and first-degree murder charges are not off the table as possible punishments if the Hickory girl is found to have been murdered.

"We're under no obligation not to pursue capital murder charges or first-degree murder charges against any individual if there is sufficient and credible evidence to prove that Zahra Baker was murdered by that individual," District Attorney James Gaither Jr. told the ******* on Saturday.

The district attorney of Catawba County declined to comment on the existence or non-existence of an agreement between the state and Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker.

Several television stations have reported that Gaither signed an agreement with Baker that would allow her to avoid the death penalty and first-degree murder charges if she cooperated in the investigation into Zahra's disappearance and death.

But a source who spoke on the condition of anonymity told the ******* the agreement was contingent on, among other things, Baker being truthful in her assistance of law enforcement in the investigation.

Zahra was reported missing Oct. 9. The search for the freckled girl who lost part of her leg to bone cancer drew worldwide attention.

Media outlets from as far a away as Australia, where Zahra was born, traveled to Hickory to report on the search that spanned Burke, Caldwell and Catawba counties.

Her remains were found a month later in two separate rural locations in Caldwell County.

No one has been charged in connection with her death. Both Elisa Baker and Zahra's father, Adam Baker, have denied any wrongdoing in the case.

Elisa Baker's attorney, Lisa Dubs, couldn't be reached Saturday. She was removed from the case as a state-appointed attorney, but she told the Hickory Daily Record that she would continue to represent Baker.

Elisa Baker is in jail, charged with obstruction of justice, after police say she admitted to writing a phony ransom note to mislead investigators looking into Zahra's disappearance.

A first-degree murder conviction can be punishable by life in prison or the death penalty. Second-degree murder is punishable by sentences ranging from seven years to more than 32 years in prison depending on the defendant's criminal record and the circumstances surrounding the killing.

Court documents unsealed last week revealed that Baker provided a substantial amount of assistance to investigators in their search for evidence. She rode with police and directed them to locations where evidence had been discarded. Through Dubs, Baker told an investigator that latex gloves were used while Zahra's body was dismembered.

Dubs also said investigators might find remains in the bathtub drain at the Bakers' Hickory home. Baker also said she and her husband, Adam Baker, dumped a mattress that belonged to Zahra at a trash dump in Granite Falls.

Elisa Baker took a polygraph test. When asked two questions - "Did you hurt Zahra?" and "Do you know the person who wrote that ransom note?" - she showed deception on each, according to the documents. Staff writer Gary L. Wright contributed.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Prosecutor-Death-penalty-still-on-the-table-in-Zahra-case-111324889.html

"District Attorney James Gaither Jr." or "a source"?  Who is more credible?  I am thinking ...   I am thinking ...

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.