April 18, 2024, 10:39:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Money Doesn't Grow On Trees  (Read 1456 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 16, 2010, 09:39:34 AM »

In the real world, money doesn't grow on trees.  It's something, many of us have heard since childhood.  No family, except maybe the Obamas, and some special interest groups, have a money tree in their backyard.

I've been listening to the news and it seems like the Fed or Treasury is going hog wild printing more money.  For some reason, money on Main Street is worth 30% less this week than it was two weeks ago.

The more you have of something, the less it's worth.

I also keep hearing that banks want to lend but there are no 'credit worthy' borrowers around.  Hmmm...

Are these the same 'experts' that crashed the system?  Couldn't distinguish fraud borrowers from real people?  Thought homeless people should get homes, and not repay the money?

Are these the same people that don't want to hold mortgages, just want to make them, pass them on, and collect lots of fees and $$$?  No exposure to the risk, but reaping all the rewards?

When you own stock you most likely celebrate when the company buys back it's stock, because in theory, it makes your stock more valuable. 

Why is the printing press in Washington running 24/7?  Does Biden still think we need to keep spending or we'll go bankrupt?  Hasn't he noticed that things cost more?  Inflation is running away from the ability of families to keep up?

Money doesn't grow on trees, there is no money tree in the back yard, but the presses at the Fed and Treasury seem to be running at hyper-speed and on the road that may lead to third world status for Main Street.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 02:48:39 PM »

China and the US

China, lots of money, lots of exports, lagging consumption.  Obama tells them to fire up internal consumption, and rely less on exports.

If the US is the other side of the equation, why does he continue to tell Americans to spend?  Buy?  Go into debt?  Insist that the solution is importing jobs?

I think we should do the opposite of China - consume less, encourage manufacturing for internal consumption and export, and save more money.

Equation out of balance.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.