March 28, 2024, 04:14:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #852 11/20/10 - 11/23/10  (Read 258546 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #480 on: November 22, 2010, 11:28:07 AM »

Well, surely they would not stir up all this drama and tension if it were NOT Natalee.

Or would they?  I don't like it and don't think it is very professional.  They should have just made the announcement without all this lead up to it.  Now if it turns out that it is not her, it will be too much of a let down and totally cruel.

JMO

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #481 on: November 22, 2010, 11:28:42 AM »

There is one thing bothering me on these reports that the results could solve the Natalee Holloway case.  Bring Natalee home to her family first and foremost BUT Aruba needs to understand this does NOT solve Natalee's disapearance.  This only sets the stage for alot of questions that NOW have to be answered by all involved (I will give a pass on Paulus  ).  The remainder of her remains MUST be found (sorry, turned over) to her family for a proper burial in the U.S. 

Aruba knows this, that is why they are stalling.  If it isn't Natalee then it is someone else and they need to find out who it is.  I never heard them request records on any other missing person except Natalee.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Lisa in MD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #482 on: November 22, 2010, 11:32:50 AM »

They are saying they will MASS e-mail the news tomorrow afternoon and then make a statement.

I think they are allowing this time to notify the family first as they said they would.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: November 22, 2010, 11:32:59 AM »

Fox News just said they will "mass email" the results tomorrow afternoon.  No details like who will do this but I assume it would be NFI?  To Aruba and the media?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #484 on: November 22, 2010, 11:37:06 AM »

Fox News just said they will "mass email" the results tomorrow afternoon.  No details like who will do this but I assume it would be NFI?  To Aruba and the media?

I think Taco Stein's office will more than likely do the emailing.

NFI more than likely just provided the information to his office, and leaves it to them to announce it or not.

JMO based on the statements that were made.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #485 on: November 22, 2010, 11:37:31 AM »

There is one thing bothering me on these reports that the results could solve the Natalee Holloway case.  Bring Natalee home to her family first and foremost BUT Aruba needs to understand this does NOT solve Natalee's disapearance.  This only sets the stage for alot of questions that NOW have to be answered by all involved (I will give a pass on Paulus  ).  The remainder of her remains MUST be found (sorry, turned over) to her family for a proper burial in the U.S. 

Aruba knows this, that is why they are stalling.  If it isn't Natalee then it is someone else and they need to find out who it is.  I never heard them request records on any other missing person except Natalee.

I agree so much Blue Moon.  But I do expect them to say mystery solved as so many in Aruba still try to claim Natalee ran away or something else happened to her other than death at the hands of Joran sv Sloot, the Face of Aruba.

But I am upset that they didn't block off this whole area where the bone was found so that perhaps other remains could be found.  I guess they didn't want tourists to see crime scene tape and a search for human remains on their manmade beaches.  If there was one bone there could have been others.  They just continue with their stupidity.  It never seems to end.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Lisa in MD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #486 on: November 22, 2010, 11:38:02 AM »

They are saying they will MASS e-mail the news tomorrow afternoon and then make a statement.

I think they are allowing this time to notify the family first as they said they would.

Let's Hope and Pray and light the way.... For Natalee
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: November 22, 2010, 11:41:04 AM »

After all this time, I am just too emotional about this to even think clearly.  I will be so relieved when tomorrow afternoon comes. 

Yes, it is the not knowing that is the worse and the real torture.  I do hope that Beth is spared this wait.   I hope she knows one way or the other already.  Now must get this off my mind for a bit or will be a basketcase by tomorrow.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #488 on: November 22, 2010, 11:42:10 AM »

Test results on found Aruba bone to be released Tuesday

Oranjestad, Aruba (CNN) -- Aruban prosecutors plan to release Tuesday the results of tests conducted on a jawbone found on an island beach and disclose whether it belongs to missing teenager Natalee Holloway, officials said.

The tests, conducted at the Netherlands Forensic Institute in The Hague, Netherlands, were to first determine whether the bone is that of a human or that of an animal. If the bone is human, authorities said, they would attempt to determine through DNA testing if it belonged to Holloway. The Alabama 18-year-old was last seen on the island in 2005.

Aruba Solicitor General Taco Stein said prosecutors will issue a statement Tuesday with test results.

Holloway's dental records were sent to the forensic institute last week, according to the FBI.

Part of a jawbone with a tooth was found earlier this month by an American tourist near the Phoenix Hotel, a large resort on the western side of the island, Aruban prosecutor Peter Blanken said. Contacted by CNN, the hotel referred questions to local authorities.

The prosecutor said the bone was initially examined by a forensic expert in Aruba, who determined it was from a young woman. But Blanken cautioned the final determination would be made by the forensic institute.

Meanwhile, police on Monday collected a second bone that was found earlier this month on the beach by a New Jersey family, said Ana Angela, spokeswoman for Aruban prosecutors. However, "it does not appear to be human," said Richard Roy, general manager of the Westin Hotel.

The bone was found in the same general area as the first. The family, who was staying at the Westin, put it on their hotel balcony. They told CNN that once they returned home and heard media reports on the jawbone, they called the FBI and then contacted the Westin. Staffers at the hotel found the bone on the balcony and notified police.

Holloway was last seen in the early hours of May 30, 2005, leaving an Oranjestad nightclub with Joran van der Sloot and two other men. She was visiting the island with about 100 classmates to celebrate their graduation from Mountain Brook High School in suburban Birmingham, Alabama.

Van der Sloot was detained twice in connection with Holloway's disappearance but never charged. He is now awaiting trial in Lima, Peru, on a murder charge in the death of Peruvian student Stephany Flores. Her body was found in May in a hotel room registered to van der Sloot. A surveillance camera captured images of the two entering the room .

Van der Sloot, 23, is also charged with wire fraud and extortion in Alabama for allegedly attempting to extort more than $250,000 from Holloway's family in return for disclosing the location of her body.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/22/aruba.bone.found/index.html?eref=rss_latest&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_latest+%28RSS%3A+Most+Recent%29&utm_content=Twitter
Lisa in MD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #489 on: November 22, 2010, 11:49:01 AM »

However, "it does not appear to be human," said Richard Roy, general manager of the Westin Hotel.

Is this how they identify bones in Aruba??? and why didn't that family turn that bone in to the police??? Unbelievable!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #490 on: November 22, 2010, 11:49:57 AM »

Meanwhile, police on Monday collected a second bone that was found earlier this month on the beach by a New Jersey family, said Ana Angela, spokeswoman for Aruban prosecutors. However, "it does not appear to be human," said Richard Roy, general manager of the Westin Hotel.

The bone was found in the same general area as the first. The family, who was staying at the Westin, put it on their hotel balcony. They told CNN that once they returned home and heard media reports on the jawbone, they called the FBI and then contacted the Westin. Staffers at the hotel found the bone on the balcony and notified police.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #491 on: November 22, 2010, 11:51:15 AM »

Like the manager of the hotel would be qualified to determine if a bone was human or not.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: November 22, 2010, 11:54:46 AM »

Like the manager of the hotel would be qualified to determine if a bone was human or not.

they all get the forensics cheat sheet - if a bone is found it is  donkey
Lisa in MD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #493 on: November 22, 2010, 11:56:13 AM »

What a HORRIFIC SHAME that is  ::MonkeyMad:
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #494 on: November 22, 2010, 11:56:33 AM »

There is one thing bothering me on these reports that the results could solve the Natalee Holloway case.  Bring Natalee home to her family first and foremost BUT Aruba needs to understand this does NOT solve Natalee's disapearance.  This only sets the stage for alot of questions that NOW have to be answered by all involved (I will give a pass on Paulus   ).  The remainder of her remains MUST be found (sorry, turned over) to her family for a proper burial in the U.S.  

Aruba knows this, that is why they are stalling.  If it isn't Natalee then it is someone else and they need to find out who it is.  I never heard them request records on any other missing person except Natalee.

I agree so much Blue Moon.  But I do expect them to say mystery solved as so many in Aruba still try to claim Natalee ran away or something else happened to her other than death at the hands of Joran sv Sloot, the Face of Aruba.

But I am upset that they didn't block off this whole area where the bone was found so that perhaps other remains could be found.  I guess they didn't want tourists to see crime scene tape and a search for human remains on their manmade beaches.  If there was one bone there could have been others.  They just continue with their stupidity.  It never seems to end.

I agree, Anna, and there was at least one tourist planning on staying at the Phoenix who was appalled that it wasn't roped off and being searched (per the bulletin board messages I posted yesterday).  I would think that if they did the right thing by searching, the tourists affected could be accomodated by adjoining beaches and would understand.  I know I would, even though I would not be going there, ever.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 12:04:53 PM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #495 on: November 22, 2010, 11:59:05 AM »

I agree so much Blue Moon.  But I do expect them to say mystery solved as so many in Aruba still try to claim Natalee ran away or something else happened to her other than death at the hands of Joran sv Sloot, the Face of Aruba.

But I am upset that they didn't block off this whole area where the bone was found so that perhaps other remains could be found.  I guess they didn't want tourists to see crime scene tape and a search for human remains on their manmade beaches.  If there was one bone there could have been others.  They just continue with their stupidity.  It never seems to end.

I agree Anna.  Instead they bring the 'heavy equipment' to clean the beaches of debris.  Unreal.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Lisa in MD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #496 on: November 22, 2010, 12:01:27 PM »

What a HORRIFIC SHAME that is  ::MonkeyMad:

I'm sorry I am so disturbed by this I'm in tears.  To even think that our Natalee is washing to shore in pieces just rips me in half.

If I could press the button as soon as Natalee is returned to Beth I would Nuke that whole dam hell hole of an island!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #497 on: November 22, 2010, 12:07:39 PM »

NBC has people on the ground in Aruba covering this now as well

http://yfrog.com/0gaxiyj
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #498 on: November 22, 2010, 12:08:20 PM »

I agree but I do have my doubts as to the rest of the remains being found if indeed this jawbone does belong to Natalee.Miracles happen everyday I realize but that's an awful lot to hope for.If it is Natalee,as far as I'm concerned,it still isnt over,just proof she is gone which I've never thought otherwise anyway.Maybe proof she is indeed gone will give Dave and Beth peace but it wont for me.Until joran is completely held accountable for her death,I'll never rest I dont think.The who did it,why they did it,and how they did it will always haunt me I guess.A jawbone will not answer any of those questions for me so I will continue probably for the rest of my days on this earth thinking of Natalee,Dave and Beth and all the other monkeys like myself that hold her in a special place in our hearts.

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #499 on: November 22, 2010, 12:23:23 PM »

Thanks texasmom.

So where is this bone now?  It should be sent for testing as well. 
what did the police do when they were notified?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.