March 28, 2024, 03:38:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #852 11/20/10 - 11/23/10  (Read 258542 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #500 on: November 22, 2010, 12:26:42 PM »

After all this time, I am just too emotional about this to even think clearly.  I will be so relieved when tomorrow afternoon comes. 

Yes, it is the not knowing that is the worse and the real torture.  I do hope that Beth is spared this wait.   I hope she knows one way or the other already.  Now must get this off my mind for a bit or will be a basketcase by tomorrow.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #501 on: November 22, 2010, 12:29:47 PM »

Meanwhile, police on Monday collected a second bone that was found earlier this month on the beach by a New Jersey family, said Ana Angela, spokeswoman for Aruban prosecutors. However, "it does not appear to be human," said Richard Roy, general manager of the Westin Hotel.

The bone was found in the same general area as the first. The family, who was staying at the Westin, put it on their hotel balcony. They told CNN that once they returned home and heard media reports on the jawbone, they called the FBI and then contacted the Westin. Staffers at the hotel found the bone on the balcony and notified police.

Thanks texasmom.

So where is this bone now?  It should be sent for testing as well. 
what did the police do when they were notified?

I have doubt that Aruba would admit to more than one human bone every 5 years as it would so mess up their One Happy Island slogan and all their tourism marketing.
Lisa in MD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #502 on: November 22, 2010, 12:33:47 PM »

There is one thing bothering me on these reports that the results could solve the Natalee Holloway case.  Bring Natalee home to her family first and foremost BUT Aruba needs to understand this does NOT solve Natalee's disapearance.  This only sets the stage for alot of questions that NOW have to be answered by all involved (I will give a pass on Paulus  ).  The remainder of her remains MUST be found (sorry, turned over) to her family for a proper burial in the U.S. 

Aruba knows this, that is why they are stalling.  If it isn't Natalee then it is someone else and they need to find out who it is.  I never heard them request records on any other missing person except Natalee.

I agree but I do have my doubts as to the rest of the remains being found if indeed this jawbone does belong to Natalee.Miracles happen everyday I realize but that's an awful lot to hope for.If it is Natalee,as far as I'm concerned,it still isnt over,just proof she is gone which I've never thought otherwise anyway.Maybe proof she is indeed gone will give Dave and Beth peace but it wont for me.Until joran is completely held accountable for her death,I'll never rest I dont think.The who did it,why they did it,and how they did it will always haunt me I guess.A jawbone will not answer any of those questions for me so I will continue probably for the rest of my days on this earth thinking of Natalee,Dave and Beth and all the other monkeys like myself that hold her in a special place in our hearts.
On holding Joran Accountable

Maybe this is a way for Aruba to hold him accountable and protect the upper echelon of their corrupt government.

If Natalee turns up now - Peru is going to be even more outraged and if someone does him in over there than Aruba can say we returned Natalee to Beth, Joran is dead, we can’t charge a dead man or if they do charge him then Aruba can say they charged him but never had the opportunity to prosecute concerning the new evidence.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #503 on: November 22, 2010, 12:35:20 PM »

Meanwhile, police on Monday collected a second bone that was found earlier this month on the beach by a New Jersey family, said Ana Angela, spokeswoman for Aruban prosecutors. However, "it does not appear to be human," said Richard Roy, general manager of the Westin Hotel.

The bone was found in the same general area as the first. The family, who was staying at the Westin, put it on their hotel balcony. They told CNN that once they returned home and heard media reports on the jawbone, they called the FBI and then contacted the Westin. Staffers at the hotel found the bone on the balcony and notified police.

Thanks texasmom.

I have doubt that Aruba would admit to more than one human bone every 5 years as it would so mess up their One Happy Island slogan and all their tourism marketing.
Yeah I hear ya'.
Hopefully the American Press will bring this out.   If only to let the public know. 
Two bones found in one month in the same general area! 
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #504 on: November 22, 2010, 12:37:50 PM »

Meanwhile, police on Monday collected a second bone that was found this month on the beach by a New Jersey family, said Ana Angela, spokeswoman for Aruban prosecutors. However, "it does not appear to be human," said Richard Roy, general manager of the Westin Hotel.

Jawbone tested in Holloway case
Natalee Holloway's aunt on bone found
Holloway's mom confronts van der Sloot

Holloway was last seen in the early hours of May 30, 2005, leaving an Oranjestad nightclub with Joran van der Sloot and two other men. She was visiting the island with about 100 classmates to celebrate their graduation from Mountain Brook High School in suburban Birmingham, Alabama.

Van der Sloot was detained twice in connection with Holloway's disappearance but never charged. He is now awaiting trial in Lima, Peru, on a murder charge in the death of Peruvian student Stephany Flores.

Her body was found in May in a hotel room registered to van der Sloot. A surveillance camera captured images of the two entering the room .

Van der Sloot, 23, is also charged with wire fraud and extortion in Alabama for allegedly attempting to extort more than $250,000 from Holloway's family in return for disclosing the location of her body.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/22/aruba.bone.found/

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #505 on: November 22, 2010, 12:42:43 PM »

There is one thing bothering me on these reports that the results could solve the Natalee Holloway case.  Bring Natalee home to her family first and foremost BUT Aruba needs to understand this does NOT solve Natalee's disapearance.  This only sets the stage for alot of questions that NOW have to be answered by all involved (I will give a pass on Paulus  ).  The remainder of her remains MUST be found (sorry, turned over) to her family for a proper burial in the U.S. 

Aruba knows this, that is why they are stalling.  If it isn't Natalee then it is someone else and they need to find out who it is.  I never heard them request records on any other missing person except Natalee.

I agree but I do have my doubts as to the rest of the remains being found if indeed this jawbone does belong to Natalee.Miracles happen everyday I realize but that's an awful lot to hope for.If it is Natalee,as far as I'm concerned,it still isnt over,just proof she is gone which I've never thought otherwise anyway.Maybe proof she is indeed gone will give Dave and Beth peace but it wont for me.Until joran is completely held accountable for her death,I'll never rest I dont think.The who did it,why they did it,and how they did it will always haunt me I guess.A jawbone will not answer any of those questions for me so I will continue probably for the rest of my days on this earth thinking of Natalee,Dave and Beth and all the other monkeys like myself that hold her in a special place in our hearts.
On holding Joran Accountable

Maybe this is a way for Aruba to hold him accountable and protect the upper echelon of their corrupt government.

If Natalee turns up now - Peru is going to be even more outraged and if someone does him in over there than Aruba can say we returned Natalee to Beth, Joran is dead, we can’t charge a dead man or if they do charge him then Aruba can say they charged him but never had the opportunity to prosecute concerning the new evidence.

They'll have to put him in the general population for that to ever happen though.Right now or at least the last I heard,he was isolated and being protected.Not sure how all that came to be but the snake always seems to get by while the rest suffers.Sad

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #506 on: November 22, 2010, 12:43:55 PM »

Natalee's family most likely have the results now. 

May their faith and courage help them through this day, and all the ones to follow.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey
Lisa in MD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #507 on: November 22, 2010, 12:44:17 PM »

Thanks texasmom.

Yeah I hear ya'.
Hopefully the American Press will bring this out.   If only to let the public know. 

Now that I've had my fit  and calmed down some  - Isn't this suspicious??  Why is this coming out now?  Were these American tourists?  The News of the Mandible was all over the world by Monday when this bone was found.  How could they not question it?  And who are these tourists?
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #508 on: November 22, 2010, 12:53:19 PM »

Natalee's family most likely have the results now. 

May their faith and courage help them through this day, and all the ones to follow.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Deserving of a huge AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Lisa in MD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #509 on: November 22, 2010, 12:54:13 PM »

Why after a second bone washed ashore (regardless of whether it is human or not until proper identification) are they not cordining off that beach and investigating?
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #510 on: November 22, 2010, 01:06:59 PM »

Exclusive interview with the tourist that found the "second" bone on Nancy Grace tonight per HLN.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #511 on: November 22, 2010, 01:15:03 PM »

Exclusive interview with the tourist that found the "second" bone on Nancy Grace tonight per HLN.

Thank you! 
Wonder if this tourist took a photo.  Probably not.  sigh

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: November 22, 2010, 01:15:16 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/22/aruba.bone.found/index.html?hpt=T2

Test results on found Aruba bone to be released Tuesday
By the CNN Wire Staff

Nancy Grace has an exclusive interview with the tourist who found the human jawbone at an Aruba beach hotel. Watch "Nancy Grace" for the latest in the investigation at 8 and 10 p.m. ET on HLN.

Oranjestad, Aruba (CNN) -- Aruban prosecutors plan to release Tuesday the results of tests conducted on a jawbone found on an island beach and disclose whether it belongs to missing teenager Natalee Holloway, officials said.

The tests, conducted at the Netherlands Forensic Institute in The Hague, Netherlands, were to first determine whether the bone is that of a human or that of an animal. If the bone is human, authorities said, they would attempt to determine through DNA testing whether it belonged to Holloway. The Alabama 18-year-old was last seen on the island in 2005.

Aruba Solicitor General Taco Stein said prosecutors will issue a statement Tuesday with test results.

Holloway's dental records were sent to the forensic institute last week, according to the FBI.

Part of a jawbone with a tooth was found this month by an American tourist near the Phoenix Hotel, a large resort on the western side of the island, Aruban prosecutor Peter Blanken said. The hotel referred questions to local authorities.

The prosecutor said the bone was initially examined by a forensic expert in Aruba, who determined that it was from a young woman. But Blanken cautioned the final determination would be made by the forensic institute.

Meanwhile, police on Monday collected a second bone that was found this month on the beach by a New Jersey family, said Ana Angela, spokeswoman for Aruban prosecutors. However, "it does not appear to be human," said Richard Roy, general manager of the Westin Hotel.

Holloway was last seen in the early hours of May 30, 2005, leaving an Oranjestad nightclub with Joran van der Sloot and two other men. She was visiting the island with about 100 classmates to celebrate their graduation from Mountain Brook High School in suburban Birmingham, Alabama.

Van der Sloot was detained twice in connection with Holloway's disappearance but never charged. He is now awaiting trial in Lima, Peru, on a murder charge in the death of Peruvian student Stephany Flores.

Her body was found in May in a hotel room registered to van der Sloot. A surveillance camera captured images of the two entering the room .

Van der Sloot, 23, is also charged with wire fraud and extortion in Alabama for allegedly attempting to extort more than $250,000 from Holloway's family in return for disclosing the location of her body.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #513 on: November 22, 2010, 01:15:39 PM »

Thank you! 

No they didn't.  They said they could "kick" themselves for not taking a photo.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #514 on: November 22, 2010, 01:16:46 PM »

Thanks texasmom.

Yeah I hear ya'.

Now that I've had my fit  and calmed down some  - Isn't this suspicious??  Why is this coming out now?  Were these American tourists?  The News of the Mandible was all over the world by Monday when this bone was found.  How could they not question it?  And who are these tourists?

Almost everything about Aruba and their spokespersons is suspicious. imo
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #515 on: November 22, 2010, 01:17:39 PM »

Thank you! 

darn!  thanks Klaas.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: November 22, 2010, 01:26:05 PM »

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #517 on: November 22, 2010, 01:26:40 PM »

Thank you! 

I thought that was what kkthy posted.  Can was referring to the 2nd bone found near the Westin, I believe.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #518 on: November 22, 2010, 01:28:34 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/22/aruba.bone.found/index.html?hpt=T2

Test results on found Aruba bone to be released Tuesday
By the CNN Wire Staff

Nancy Grace has an exclusive interview with the tourist who found the human jawbone at an Aruba beach hotel. Watch "Nancy Grace" for the latest in the investigation at 8 and 10 p.m. ET on HLN.

Oranjestad, Aruba (CNN) -- Aruban prosecutors plan to release Tuesday the results of tests conducted on a jawbone found on an island beach and disclose whether it belongs to missing teenager Natalee Holloway, officials said.

The tests, conducted at the Netherlands Forensic Institute in The Hague, Netherlands, were to first determine whether the bone is that of a human or that of an animal. If the bone is human, authorities said, they would attempt to determine through DNA testing whether it belonged to Holloway. The Alabama 18-year-old was last seen on the island in 2005.

Aruba Solicitor General Taco Stein said prosecutors will issue a statement Tuesday with test results.

Holloway's dental records were sent to the forensic institute last week, according to the FBI.

Part of a jawbone with a tooth was found this month by an American tourist near the Phoenix Hotel, a large resort on the western side of the island, Aruban prosecutor Peter Blanken said. The hotel referred questions to local authorities.

The prosecutor said the bone was initially examined by a forensic expert in Aruba, who determined that it was from a young woman. But Blanken cautioned the final determination would be made by the forensic institute.

I'm wondering if they're not getting the two mixed up.

What I heard on HLN was that the interview Nancy Grace has tonight is about the "second" bone, not the jawbone.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #519 on: November 22, 2010, 01:30:58 PM »

Thank you! 

I thought that was what kkthy posted.  Can was referring to the 2nd bone found near the Westin, I believe.

OH, I'm sorry, I don't know about the 2nd bone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.