March 28, 2024, 07:17:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #853 11/23/10 - 11/26/10  (Read 327758 times)
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2010, 09:21:47 AM »

Hiya Muffy 
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2010, 09:21:57 AM »

Tim Miller needs to put his ego aside and accepted what has happened had nothing to do with him.  What a desperate man.
He doesn't have many success stories. Natalee and Caylee Anthony are under his belt. What a shame. He has no experience in searching other than raising money and creating false hope. I'm so diasppointed in his services. I have respect for his efforts but I don't have faith in his actions.

Anyway, since Tim did locate places I'm sure there have been scuba divers out there who have tampered with the crime scene.

jj-  I'm not going to turn this into a Tim Miller thing in this thread, but I want to make note that you are wrong here, and it's not just my opinion.  Tim Miller and Texas Equusearch actually DO have many success stories, and as far as your statement about him having no experience searching other than raising money and creating false hope?  Wrong.  Wrong.  He has helped many over the years and when I get some coffee in me, I can go find some links and statistics for you.  I believe in giving credit where credit is due.  In my opinion, what has people here (including me) so ticked off at Tim Miller is because he HAS been so good in the past helping find the lost, including Natalee, and supported Beth.  Then the problems seemed to start with the Persistence.  And then he turned on Beth, saying the awful things he said on the Steph Watts show.  Yep, I understand people's anger (and I'm mad too) at Tim Miller, but please keep the facts straight.  Tim Miller and Equusearch are very experienced in finding the lost and are still being asked by LE to assist, such as in case just this week (Joshua Wilkerson) and it's on Scared Monkeys Missing Forum.  I too would like to find out just why Tim Miller disparaged Beth Holloway and what went on with the Persistence.  I'm mad as he77 over that.  But as far as Tim having no experience searching and not having many success stories?  That's just not true.

Agreed Muffy is why it is such a struggle to understand what happened.  As i said somehow i think he got lost if im saying that right. 

Thanks for setting the record straight, Muffy.  It is true that Tim Miller has many, many success stories.

Unfortunately, he also has his own personal demons which have made him vulnerable to the manipulations of others. 

2/14/2010

Tim Miller on Steph Watts’ blog talk radio show “Watts Up With This?”       

Steph:   “Tim Miller, other people are asking ‘are there any plans to search in the ocean?'  isn’t that like looking for a needle in a haystack in this case?" 

Tim:  “Not really, not with the equipment that John Silvetti and Louis Schaefer have.  In fact, two years ago on December 30th we found a fish trap and we was almost positive it was Natalee’s body in the fish trap.  We dove on it along with the Aruban authorities and then they said they’ve got to contact the Netherlands to see how to preserve it and what to do with it, and we was all going to dive on it together.  The Aruban authorities dove on it and then six weeks later they said the DNA came back as a male.  So, did we find Natalee?  I don’t know.  It certainly looked like her clothes in that fish trap and again we know that the night Natalee disappeared the fishermen’s huts were broken into, a knife was stolen, the big fish trap was stolen, uh, and ironic we found one and I’ve actually got the pictures of that, you know, what certainly appears to be a body in that fish trap.  So, I don’t know.   

2/28/2010

Tim Miller on Steph Watts’ blog talk radio show “Watts Up With This?”   

Steph:   “Tim, regarding the 2007 search that you did of the island where you found the lobster trap with the human remains in it, what was the outcome of that? 

Tim:  “Well, I mean, we… (sigh) we don’t really know.  We can’t say positively for sure that there was human remains.  Of course, we got some images and some pictures that certainly made us wonder, and um, you know, what that outcome is, I mean, John Silvetti certainly, um, doesn’t feel 100% that it was and that’s why John wants to go back over there with his ROV because we got 140 plus targets over there.  So, you know, there’s… you know, we just got mixed messages on that if you want to know the truth and possibly we overreacted at that time.  What we seen at the time certainly looked suspicious to us at the time, but again, you know, I can’t say positively one or the other what it was. 

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2010, 09:22:14 AM »

It's so great to see you Blah, and also of course, Judge Mental, pink angel, trimmonthelake, MalteseMom, mz_maven, Frijole, cadillac, BUCKSHOT, blah, texasmom, GrnLizrd, Nut44x4, ssanders, Harper, SunnyinTX, Tater, akmom, Lifesong, Green Eyes, numbersgirl, Kimmy53, darla, littlebuddy598, Sassycat, PJ, Monken, theboyzmom, megamooo, RoxiBalboa, AZSunny, tbivens (+ 1 Hidden) and 35 Guests are viewing this topic this morning. 

Back at ya babe!

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2010, 09:23:03 AM »

Good morning monkey friends!  After all these years - what can possibly be said?  Thinking of Natalee's family and friends today.  Hoping for closure that they so deserve.  It's time to bring our dear Natalee home where she belongs.  Can't help but think of Natalee's favorite movie and the line we all know:  THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME, THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME.

May today be the day that Natalee is allowed to go home where she is so loved and missed.  RIP Freebird Angel RIP

Frijole
 an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey
GrnLizrd
Scared Monkey

« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2010, 09:24:56 AM »

GrnLizrd -I think you see what I mean.  If Tim Miller and Equusearch had always been shysters or thought of as having a havey-cavey operation and never found anyone then I don't think I would be nearly as mad as I am about what's gone on with the Persistence and with his Beth Bashing.  But there was a certain amount of hope and trust (and money) invested and that was shattered later on in Natalee's case.  And that's JMHO.

I do see. I dont post much because you guys read my mind most of the time!  
 But the fact is the reason I have daily read this thread for 5.5 yrs is because of the love and dedication and total respect for each other and all of the victims and familys.
 I love the tight ship that is kept here. And i must also say after reading over there last night for awhile i had forgot how lucky we are to have this site to calll our own.  I may not type alot but believe me behind the scenes I am a monkey through and through.  I am usually just a shy quiet one  Monkey Devil!
 Good to see so many here in the last few days warms the heart. I also miss our Peaches and some of the others. As I said I don't type much but I"m here everyday logged in or not. Sorry for the long post I guess it's the wait.

Edit to fix typos per Grn's request.  MB
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 09:40:21 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Never Give Up!

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2010, 09:26:52 AM »

Hans Mos, that chuckle head! How could we forget him?

Oh, I will never forget him! There was a time when I believed him and he gave me hope for honesty. Boy, what a shmuck I was!

I bought into it too, CBB. 

And talk about getting sent to bed early cause my nose was pressed up against the glass here.............caused me anxiety I tell ya. lol  I thought something happened.  I'm addicted to Scared Monkeys. haha  What a great place.

Morning Monkeys.

I'm praying for Dave and Beth.   
GrnLizrd
Scared Monkey

« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2010, 09:27:05 AM »

ack! Muffy could you fix my typo in the I miss sentence PLease. So sorry i was doing the San Stutter i think. Lack of sleep maybe <shrug>

Done.  I miss Peaches too.  MB
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 09:40:51 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Never Give Up!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2010, 09:27:12 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/23/earlyshow/main7082039.shtml
Nov. 23, 2010
Word on Possible Holloway Jawbone Today?
DNA Results Expected in Aruba; Beth Holloway's Friend: She Can Accept, whether Bone Is Natalee's or Not

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
tbivens
Scared Monkey

« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2010, 09:28:38 AM »

Thanks for the welcome, Muffy Bee.  I have been following this case from the beginning, usually in the rafters.  I hope and pray that this family gets some closure.  I can't imagine what they have been through for the past 5 + years.  If it is Nat, and I pray that it is, nothing will be solved.  It will only put to bed the fact that we know she is deceased.  All of the Aruban players are still behind the scenes.  I pray that someone will try to make this right.  It is beyond time to do this.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2010, 09:39:12 AM »

Nov. 23, 2010
DNA Results Expected in Aruba; Beth Holloway's Friend: She Can Accept, whether Bone Is Natalee's or Not
Thanks trimmonthelake!   

Nov. 23, 2010

DNA Results Expected in Aruba;
Beth Holloway's Friend: She Can Accept, whether Bone Is Natalee's or Not

(CBS)  Today it's expected that the family of Natalee Holloway will finally find out if a jawbone found on a beach in Aruba belonged to the missing U.S. teen.

CBS News correspondent Kelly Cobiella reported from Oranjestad, Aruba.

Aruban authorities are expected to announce the results of DNA tests.

If a match is made, prosecutors could use this new evidence to finally tie her death to their primary suspect.

The testing that could solve the mystery of Natalee Holloway's disappearance is now complete.

The 18-year-old's family is waiting to hear whether her daughter's DNA is a match to the most promising clue yet, found on this windswept beach in Aruba, not far from where Natalee Holloway was staying when she disappeared in 2005.

Dr. Cyril Wecht, a forensic pathologist, told CBS News, "The DNA is going to be the gold standard; that's going to be the acid test."

Holloway was last seen with Joran van der Sloot, the 23-year-old Dutchman currently awaiting trial in Peru for the murder of 21-year-old Stephany Flores. Van der Sloot was arrested twice in connection with Holloway's disappearance but was never charged. In 2006, the lead Aruban investigator in the case spoke with "48 Hours" correspondent Troy Roberts about the suspected killer.

Roberts asked Gerold Dompig, "What did FBI profilers tell you about Jordan van der Sloot's psychological profile?"

Dompig replied, "Well, they used the word 'sociopath' and the fact that he was capable of lying about basically everything."

Roberts asked, "Pathological liar?"

Dompig answered, "Yes."

Waiting for the test results has been agonizing for Holloway's family, but experts say prosecutors might be using the time to strengthen their case against van der Sloot.

CBS News Legal Analyst Lisa Bloom said of the case, "If this is Natalle Holloway's jawbone investigators can go back and look at all Joran van der Sloot's statements and try to match them up with the new evidence, especially the location of where this was found. Does it match up with his stories about where he left Natalee or where he supposedly dumped her body?"

But even if the test results prove that Holloway died in Aruba, Cobiella remarked, how she died is still a mystery.

Cobiella added there have been many false leads and false confessions in this case over the past five years, and there is still the possibility that this jawbone could be another false lead.

Carol Standifer, a close friend of Natalee's mother Beth Holloway, agreed on "The Early Show" from Birmingham, Ala., that this could be a false lead and that her friend is prepared for whatever the DNA results could reveal.

"We've had a lot of ups and downs and a lot of really unusual circumstances happen throughout this entire event and this is just one more thing that we have to deal with right now," she said.

She added, "If it is Natalee, she's prepared to accept that. I think she has a level of acceptance right now with the situation, no matter how it turns out, how ever the results turn out. If it's not Natalee, we have a greater tragedy because that would mean there would be two unsolved murders on the beach in Aruba. It's even a greater tragedy, really, if it's not Natalee."

Standifer says all Beth Holloway wants is an answer.

"Any mother would," she said. "We have been searching for her for over five years and I think if it is Natalee, there will be some semblance of closure. Of course, it won't be complete closure, because we really don't know for sure exactly what happened."

"Early Show" co-anchor Maggie Rodriguez said perhaps those answers will come from Joran van der Sloot, whom Beth Holloway has confronted about her daughter's disappearance.

Standifer said Beth Holloway would like to hear from van der Sloot.

"She would like to know what happened, and I feel one day she will know one day what happened," she said. "But we never know what Joran will do. We never know how he's going to react in any situation. We just have to wait and see."

But Beth Holloway, Standifer said, will endure the announcement, either way.

"She has moved on with her life in a way. She is doing a lot of work with missing children, missing people. She has a foundation for Natalee in Washington, which she already started and done a lot of work with, and she's done a lot to further awareness of missing children, so I think she will just continue with this. If it is Natalee, I really can't say what her next step will be. I don't know if she knows exactly what her next step will be. We just have to take things one day at a time, which is really what we've had to do throughout this entire situation."

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2010, 09:42:13 AM »

What's the matter Tim you can't mention Natalee's mother Beth.  Because she is the reason we are all here now.  Beth's visit to Peru made this happen.  Tim is pissed at her for ruining his plans.  I am going to shut up because I'm starting to get mad.

Morning all ... Sorry way behind in my reading and catching up on the thread.

I actually spoke with Beth about this a while back and she stated she had no idea why he was acting or saying anything negative. Nothing happened that she was aware of. I think Tim needs to remember how many TES functions that Beth did for them.

I think he needs to remember the big picture and that is Natalee Holloway went missing. Being a parent of crime I would like to think that this should be easy for him.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2010, 09:44:06 AM »

Thanks for the welcome, Muffy Bee.  I have been following this case from the beginning, usually in the rafters.  I hope and pray that this family gets some closure.  I can't imagine what they have been through for the past 5 + years.  If it is Nat, and I pray that it is, nothing will be solved.  It will only put to bed the fact that we know she is deceased.  All of the Aruban players are still behind the scenes.  I pray that someone will try to make this right.  It is beyond time to do this.

ITA tbivens.  I've seen you in the rafters over the years, and it's great you're here posting your support.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2010, 09:44:44 AM »

First time poster - hope this works.

I am confused about the trap that they found way back when.  Was it just left there?  I thought the Aruba po-lice took it off along with it's contents?  Now they are going back, NOW, to retrieve it and what is inside it? 

Great - I finally get accepted as a monkey and I gotta work today!!  Of all days.

Also, I had the privilege of hearing Beth speak at a Prayer Breakfast several years ago - she is truly an admirable woman.

Welcome Cadillac - hope someone answers your question.  I haven't had my first cup of coffee so I'm in no position to 
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2010, 09:46:03 AM »

Tim Miller needs to put his ego aside and accepted what has happened had nothing to do with him.  What a desperate man.
He doesn't have many success stories. Natalee and Caylee Anthony are under his belt. What a shame. He has no experience in searching other than raising money and creating false hope. I'm so diasppointed in his services. I have respect for his efforts but I don't have faith in his actions.

Anyway, since Tim did locate places I'm sure there have been scuba divers out there who have tampered with the crime scene.

This is not completely true. TES has done many searches in the past on cases that never make the news. They have been a part of sucessful searches, the MSM just never thought the cases were worth covering.

That does not mean that I have to scratch my heads in how some of the higher profile cases were dealt with.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2010, 09:46:17 AM »

What's the matter Tim you can't mention Natalee's mother Beth.  Because she is the reason we are all here now.  Beth's visit to Peru made this happen.  Tim is pissed at her for ruining his plans.  I am going to shut up because I'm starting to get mad.

Morning all ... Sorry way behind in my reading and catching up on the thread.

I actually spoke with Beth about this a while back and she stated she had no idea why he was acting or saying anything negative. Nothing happened that she was aware of. I think Tim needs to remember how many TES functions that Beth did for them.

I think he needs to remember the big picture and that is Natalee Holloway went missing. Being a parent of crime I would like to think that this should be easy for him.

Good morning Red.  Thank you for sharing your conversation with Beth concerning Tim Miller.  And ITA with you.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2010, 09:47:16 AM »

Welcome tbivens and Cadillac.  And anyone else I may have missed.
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2010, 09:49:03 AM »

Thank you Red for Scared Monkeys.  And thanks for your kind words the other day.  I'm sorry for your loss too.
Groovy135
Scared Monkey

« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2010, 09:50:16 AM »

Here's hoping for some answers today......but either way it goes,,,,,
 Love & prayers for ♥ Natalee ♥ and her family always!!

All of you should be very proud, you have stood up for Nat & her family since day 1!!   Thanks for the major commitment and honor you have shown.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2010, 09:52:02 AM »

http://www.cbs42.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=24122@wiat.web.entriq.net&navCatId=3

This is another video of Tim Miller on CBS42 last night.

The first one I listened to was shorter and didn't mention the boat in Trinidad or the hopefully "home by Christmas"...this one does.

You can watch it at the link above, or click on the picture below.

141 areas targeted and never searched. Um.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2010, 09:52:10 AM »

Morning monkeys.

Thank you Muffy, I appreciate your words.

Sunny, I have to go to work in an hour. Can you text me the results on Natalee? I won't be able to check in till after 7pm. Appreciate it!!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.