March 29, 2024, 08:52:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #853 11/23/10 - 11/26/10  (Read 327929 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #600 on: November 23, 2010, 10:15:24 PM »

Salt water sets color in fabric. The skirt would have remained blue denim.

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf857381.tip.html
nimrod
Scared Monkey

« Reply #601 on: November 23, 2010, 10:17:26 PM »

Nimrod

I do believe that Kyle Kingman's professional expertise/qualifications in analysing  solar scan and ROV images should be the bottom line to whether or not the object within the trap may be a skull.

When you read all of Kyle Kingman's posts ... in a nutshell what is the picture that emerges regarding the Persistence search.

Thanks

Janet

BUMPED

Did you mean sonar and not solar? I asked because I was a sonarman for 4 years on two different US submarines.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #602 on: November 23, 2010, 10:19:22 PM »

Nimrod

I do believe that Kyle Kingman's professional expertise/qualifications in analysing  solar scan and ROV images should be the bottom line to whether or not the object within the trap may be a skull.

When you read all of Kyle Kingman's posts ... in a nutshell what is the picture that emerges regarding the Persistence search.

Thanks

Janet

BUMPED

Did you mean sonar and not solar? I asked because I was a sonarman for 4 years on two different US submarines.

Nimrod - do you think the technology of sonar scans has changed at all thru the years?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #603 on: November 23, 2010, 10:20:48 PM »

There are many shades of blue denim, but I've always thought that Nat's skirt dry would look the shade of bue in the bag when wet. It also looks like the same approx. size to me.

Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #604 on: November 23, 2010, 10:28:49 PM »

There are many shades of blue denim, but I've always thought that Nat's skirt dry would look the shade of bue in the bag when wet. It also looks like the same approx. size to me.

Another view:

Cropped and Enlarged:

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
crazybabyborg
« Reply #605 on: November 23, 2010, 10:31:41 PM »

Thanks, Lifesong!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #606 on: November 23, 2010, 10:32:13 PM »

Nimrod

Thanks

Janet

BUMPED

Yes.

I want to know if there was a possibility that your daughter's remains in that trap and you read Kyle Kingman's account regarding the happenings encompassing the unchallenged recovery of the contents by ONLY Aruban divers ... would you be upholding John Silvetti or going up one side of him and down the other?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #607 on: November 23, 2010, 10:34:53 PM »

I did some research on the effects of salt water on denim back in March, 2009.

By 2005 most denim skirts contained a percentage of lycra/spandex material (as I recall anywhere from 3% to 30%, depending on the garment).

Lycra/spandex materials contain a fiber called PBT:

PBT: Polybutylene terephthalate is a texturised polyester filament yarn with properties of stretch and elasticity. PBT has higher stretch and recovery compared to standard polyester types and this property is also improved by special texturing conditions. The exceptional stretch and recovery of PBT are achieved through high elastic shrinkage in finishing processes. The amount of stretch depends on the amount of PBT used and the fabric construction. PBT is also resistant to alkalis, salt water and chlorinated water. (POLY-tera)

http://www.polyteks.com/index.asp?Lang=EN&subject=sozluk

I can dig through my notes some more, if necessary.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #608 on: November 23, 2010, 10:45:52 PM »

http://www.awe24.com/?main&id=5386&offId=0&offDate=2010-11

Papiamentu translation:

4 hora happen | fecha: 23/11/2010 | horario: 19:36

the child muher here is being busca of morning ela leave cu uniform of school y till still parents not know where the is neither owing to mire more

atencion!!: is searching isabella bennett of e.p.b. san nicolas. morning ela leave for bay school y the not owing to arrive school neither his cas still. that cu can owing to wake or know where the can is please jama police come across

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
crazybabyborg
« Reply #609 on: November 23, 2010, 10:48:04 PM »

By 2005 most denim skirts contained a percentage of lycra/spandex material (as I recall anywhere from 3% to 30%, depending on the garment).

PBT: Polybutylene terephthalate is a texturised polyester filament yarn with properties of stretch and elasticity. PBT has higher stretch and recovery compared to standard polyester types and this property is also improved by special texturing conditions. The exceptional stretch and recovery of PBT are achieved through high elastic shrinkage in finishing processes. The amount of stretch depends on the amount of PBT used and the fabric construction. PBT is also resistant to alkalis, salt water and chlorinated water. (POLY-tera)

Thanks lifesong. It's not necessary for me. My Grandmother used to wash new clothes in salt water first thing if she thought the item was likely to fade or bleed. I adopted the practice and it works like a charm. All those navy and white striped polo shirts my son had stayed navy and white.   
nimrod
Scared Monkey

« Reply #610 on: November 23, 2010, 10:48:57 PM »

Nimrod

Thanks

Janet

BUMPED

Nimrod - do you think the technology of sonar scans has changed at all thru the years?

Of course, its changed drastically. Why do you ask?
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #611 on: November 23, 2010, 10:49:25 PM »

When Kermit first posted the pictures, I saw the hip bone immediately in this picture:

I asked for it to be enlarged, here it is, cropped and 300%:

And a hip socket comparison was posted:

In my opinion, that's a skirt wrapped around hip and pelvic bones.

Again, in my opinion.

Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #612 on: November 23, 2010, 10:51:21 PM »

Thanks lifesong. It's not necessary for me. My Grandmother used to wash new clothes in salt water first thing if she thought the item was likely to fade or bleed. I adopted the practice and it works like a charm. All those navy and white striped polo shirts my son had stayed navy and white.   

I wish I'd known that the last 25 years!!   

Thanks, CBB!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: November 23, 2010, 10:55:06 PM »

Nimrod

Thanks

Janet

BUMPED

Of course, its changed drastically. Why do you ask?

I ask because Kyle may have experience with sonar equipment you have never worked with.
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #614 on: November 23, 2010, 10:58:14 PM »

Thank you Kermit.  I hope you have a wonderful day of Thanksgiving.  I know I have a lot to be thankful for.  Especially after seeing all the cruel things Natalee's family has had to endure from Aruba.  I really don't have any problems.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: November 23, 2010, 11:00:10 PM »

CBB you age me.  It was not just my grandmothers but my mother who used to soak colored cottons in salt water when they were new.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
KYcat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #616 on: November 23, 2010, 11:11:46 PM »

Does anyone else think that if an American tourist finds a bone on ass-wipe island they just need to bring it on home and turn it in to the FBI

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #617 on: November 23, 2010, 11:12:14 PM »

Thank you Boomonkey.  I'm sorry you lost your dog too.

I'll always believe that Natalee was in that trap.  I thought that perhaps that the authorities were going to give Beth and Dave a "token" if you will so they would go away.  Wrong again.  They are just beyond foolish and cruel.  I've never seen anything like this.

And to know for several days that it wasn't Natalee, and didn't even have the decency to notify the family before telling the world.............well they can kiss my arse.

P.S.  God Bless the Freebirds.  Ya'll are amazing people.

nimrod
Scared Monkey

« Reply #618 on: November 23, 2010, 11:12:36 PM »

Nimrod

Thanks

Janet

BUMPED

Yes.

I want to know if there was a possibility that your daughter's remains in that trap and you read Kyle Kingman's account regarding the happenings encompassing the unchallenged recovery of the contents by ONLY Aruban divers ... would you be upholding John Silvetti or going up one side of him and down the other?

Janet

Janet, I'd be going up one side of him and down the other. I still wonder why Beth and Dave didn't do the same. I''m totally disgusted with the persistence and their crew including Kyle and even somewhat with Tim.
I still have serious doubts that Natalee was ever in that trap. What got me started today was that a lot of people here are saying that Natalee was in that trap without anyone challenging it. I still think she could be anywhere.
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #619 on: November 23, 2010, 11:14:01 PM »

KYcat I'd figure out a way to get it to the F.B.I.  Prolly Fedex it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.