March 29, 2024, 04:52:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 Children, 1 Adult found Dead in Tallahassee, FL 11/20/10  (Read 8890 times)
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« on: November 20, 2010, 07:25:06 PM »

Four People Found Dead Inside a Tallahassee Home

Tallahassee Police find a woman and her three young children dead inside a house on Saddle Creek Run and investigators are calling it a homicide.

Posted: 12:39 PM Nov 20, 2010
Reporter: Jennifer Milton
Email Address: jennifer.milton@wctv.tv

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/109480054.html

Updated 6:50pm by Jennifer Milton

"I woke up at about ten thirty, come outside my house and it looks like 9-11 out here, I mean police, ambulance."

Darius Mount couldn't believe his eyes when he found a crime scene just a few doors down from his Tallahassee home.

"I immediately knew from just off what I saw, that it was something bad," said Mount.

Police say four people were found dead inside a house on Saddle Creek Run, and investigators are treating the case as a homicide.

"We have two six- year- olds and a three- year -old at this time, confirmed to be deceased and what appears to be their mother. As to what caused this, we don't know yet, does appear to be violence involved," said TPD Public Information Officer David McCranie.

"Right now I'm still kind of distraught, I really don't believe it, that I'm not going to see those little girls running around, up and down the street anymore," said Mount.

Mount and his wife have lived at their home on Jim Lee Road for the last 5 years. He says crime is no stranger to the area.

"Typically, the only thing we've experienced in this neighborhood, there's been a string of break-ins and things of that nature, but nothing had ever happened to this magnitude, this is by far the worst I've ever seen it get in this neighborhood," said Mount.

Authorities remain tight lipped about the identity of the family and have not released details about the cause of death.

Mount says the two six-year-old's were twin girls and the three-year-old was their younger brother, but police have not yet confirmed those details. We will bring you more information as soon as it becomes available.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Earlier:

Tallahassee Police say four people were discovered dead inside a home at 908 Saddle Creek Run on Saturday, November 20.

Officers found the bodies of two 6-year-old children, a 3-year-old and what appears to be their mother.

Tallahassee Police are treating the investigation as a homicide.

The cause of death is unknown at this time.

We will bring you more information as soon as it becomes available.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 07:34:52 PM »

Woman, 3 kids found dead in violent Fla. scene

By BRENT KALLESTAD
Associated Press

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- A woman and three young children were found killed at a violent crime scene in a north Florida home on Saturday, and homicide detectives were out looking for whoever might have had a reason to harm them, police said.

Police spokesman David McCranie wouldn't elaborate on the signs of violence police found at the home, but investigators believe the four were slain by someone else. The woman appears to be the mother of the children, two of whom are 6 and one who is 3, he said.

He said police "are trying to find out if anyone would want to harm the family."

Two neighbors said the area has been plagued by burglaries, though McCranie said he wasn't aware of a lot of problems there. He said police hadn't been called to the home before.

McCranie wouldn't say how the four died or release their names. Their bodies were found after police received a suspicious call at 10:15 a.m.

Phone numbers listed for the home were not in service. A man who owns the property declined comment.

The one-story home where the bodies were found sits in a new subdivision in a heavily wooded part of the state capital, a few miles from the campuses of Florida State University and Florida A&M University. McCranie said a lot of families live in the neighborhood.

"This is a very shocking and unusual case for us," he said.

On Saturday afternoon, a crowd gathered outside the house while crime scene investigators came in and out. Neighbors said the 6-year-olds are twin girls and the younger child is a boy, and the woman is their single, stay-at-home mother.

Some complained of crime in the area.

"There are a lot of home invasions out here," Sandra Smith, who lives nearby, told The Associated Press.

Neighbor Shena Mount told The Tallahassee Democrat the deaths were tragic but not surprising to her.

"I don't think it's surprising because there have been so many break-ins in this neighborhood," she said.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FLORIDA_FAMILY_SLAIN?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 06:08:17 PM »

Names released

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — The deaths of a young mother and her three small children whose bodies were found in their home are homicides, police said Sunday.

Autopsies were completed Sunday and authorities are looking for information on anyone who may have wanted to harm the family, said Tallahassee police spokesman David McCranie. Police refused to release the autopsy results or how the victims died because making those details public might hurt the investigation, Tallahassee Police Chief Dennis Jones said.

Police said the victims are 27-year-old Brandi Peters, her 6-year-old twin daughters, Tamiyah and Taniyah Peters, and 3-year-old son, Jovante Segura.

Cedrica Smith, who lives across the street, said her kids often played with the slain children. The twins and the boy had different fathers, Smith said, and neither had been married to Peters.

Jones' statement said the crime scene inside the home just a few miles from the state Capitol was violent. There were no signs of forced entry and a broken front window was the result of police entering, he said.

http://www.wral.com/news/national_world/national/story/8663823/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
GrnLizrd
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 09:54:47 PM »

Still not anything about this. That disturbs me.   

Never Give Up!

GrnLizrd
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 09:59:01 PM »

http://www.michellesigona.com/category/murder/

Quadruple Murder Rocks Quiet Tallahassee Neighborhood
Monday, November 22nd, 2010

Crime Scene photo courtesy of www.buffalonews.com
A mother, her twin 6-year-old girls and 3-year-old son were murdered inside their Tallahassee home over the weekend.  I confirmed that a call came into police around 10:15 a.m. on Saturday morning from a concerned neighbor.  The caller reported seeing something suspicious, but investigators will not release details on what exactly the neighbor discovered. 

When investigators arrived on the scene, they had to force entry into the house at 908 Saddle Creek Run.  According to a press release, “Upon arrival, officers located the bodies of four people inside the home.  The preliminary investigation indicates violence did occur inside the home.  Based on physical evidence and preliminary results obtained from the Medical Examiner’s Office, the case has been classified as a homicide.”
I was told earlier today by David McCranie , Public Information Officer for Tallahassee Police, that it took authorities 24 hours to rule out the murder-suicide factor and to classify this as an official homicide investigation.  He also told me, “You don’t want to know how these children were murdered.”  Details on the brutal slaying will not be made public.  Chief Dennis Jones said, “I want to assure the public that we are following up on active leads in this case.  We cannot release details, as it would adversely affect our ability to solve this crime.”

Read full post...

Never Give Up!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 08:35:21 PM »

OH FLIPPIN' A!!

Saturday, September 3rd, 2011 at 9:49 am
Henry Segura Arrested For Murders Of Florida Family (Video)
By JoAnne Thomas
Cleveland, Minnesota

Henry Junius Segura ,31, has been hiding in plain sight since the murders of his girlfriend, Brandi Peters, her 6 year old twin daughters, Tamiyah and Taniyah Peters and the couple’s 3 year old son, Javonte Segura in November of 2010.
The multiple, brutal slayings took place in Tallahassee, Florida and Segura disappeared shortly after.

SNIP

It took almost a year, but the law finally caught up with Henry Segura on September 2, 2011. He was arrested in a small Minnesota town, population 700, on what would have been the murdered twins seventh birthday.
Segura has eight (Cool arrests under his belt, domestic battery and battery of a pregnant woman among them.

Segura had a job and was renting a basement apartment at the time of his arrest. Police are not saying what led them to Henry Segura, but noted he had been under surveillance for a about a month.

SNIP
Segura was indicted by a Leon County grand jury on Thursday. Four first degree murder warrants were handed down, and Florida does have the death penalty.

SSSSSNIP  MORE.......
http://law.rightpundits.com/?p=3168

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.