May 29, 2024, 01:12:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, PORTLAND, OR #37 12/5/10 - 12/18/10  (Read 236026 times)
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2010, 11:29:49 PM »

Monchichi ~I agree that does sound more confident and positive, thanks for posting that.

On another topic I just watched the 48hrs story about Amber Dubois and it was shocking how the stepdad had to take 8 poly's, and was a POI to some degree. But more than anything I had forgotten about the dogs finding Amber's scent 1 mile from where she was found, and if I were Kaine and Desiree I think I'd find these dogs and ask for help, nothing could hurt and if anything they might be able to track Kyron's scent as the DuBois family did this 6 months later, and here we are at the 6 month mark. I know I would be grasping at straws, but I'd be willing to try anything and everything to find my child.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/48_hours/video/?pid=1LHMc4kz2FSlmjE1q2Hq2sMT8Fm5x8Ww&vs=homepage&play=true

I know I would try everything, too.  If Kyron left the school by car (which I think most agree?) there wouldn't be a scent to follow.

The problem with the evidence is that if he got in a car willingly and unharmed, what evidence would there be?  No forensic evidence.  The only hope they had was a witness, which there doesn't seem to be one.  I must admit, Kyron's case is the only one I've followed, and it is so frustrating (each of us has our reasons for following a particular case, I guess).  This has taken such a toll on me, I don't think I could really follow a case like Zahra's. Sad 

If there is ever resolution to this case, I don't think I will come back and find another case to follow.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2010, 11:33:18 PM »

so the school has a liability suit?  They have insurance.  They have attorneys on retainer.  Schools get sued for lots of different things.  I don't know if many of the suits are successful. 

It would have to be shown that the school was negligent.  They were doing what was past practice many a time.  It was their way of doing things.

It's up to  the parents and the taxpayers to demand that things are different.  It seems like the parents at the school were satisfied with the practices.

Now if there is evidence that parents had complained about the practices at the school and the school ignored the parents, that would be one thing.

Hi Hello Kitty,
Sadly, I think everyone at that school, including the parents were complacent. It usually takes a tragedy such as Kyron's to make people realize how dangerous the situation was. Personally, I think it was the school's responsibility to make sure that the children were safe. Our tax dollars pay for these safeguards that were obviously not in place at Skyline. The school employees are trained ad nauseum about this very issue, at our expense, yet did not act on it. I am sorry, but I think that the school and Kyron's teacher failed Kyron. Having said this, I also feel that IF Terri is innocent, she may be at fault for the direction of this case. If she had FULLY cooperated every step of the way she may have been cleared and then the investigation could have gone in another direction. If LE has had tunnel vision, perhaps it is because Terri's lack of cooperation caused that tunnel vision. I also feel that IF Terri is innocent, that Kaine has also been the reason that LE has had tunnel vision regarding Terri. I just find it extremely odd, that after 6 months, Kaine and Desiree claim to be happy with LE and the way that this case has been handled. I would have hit the roof months ago!

Sebastian this is a very well thought out post.  I like your chain of thought.  And I would of been on the roof too.

Thank you fatcat! I just do not understand why neither parent seems to be upset about the direction of the case after 6 months. I am praying that they know something that we do not know and we will see a resolution soon!

Me either, I'd be freaking hysterical and they'd know it. I could understand IF they had found Kyron and were waiting to prosecute and needed iron clad evidence, dotting i's and crossing the t's, but how can anyone be satisfied when Kyron is still missing. I pray you are right and they no more, but still the fact they don't know where he is disturbs me to no end.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2010, 11:34:50 PM »

Monchichi ~I agree that does sound more confident and positive, thanks for posting that.

On another topic I just watched the 48hrs story about Amber Dubois and it was shocking how the stepdad had to take 8 poly's, and was a POI to some degree. But more than anything I had forgotten about the dogs finding Amber's scent 1 mile from where she was found, and if I were Kaine and Desiree I think I'd find these dogs and ask for help, nothing could hurt and if anything they might be able to track Kyron's scent as the DuBois family did this 6 months later, and here we are at the 6 month mark. I know I would be grasping at straws, but I'd be willing to try anything and everything to find my child.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/48_hours/video/?pid=1LHMc4kz2FSlmjE1q2Hq2sMT8Fm5x8Ww&vs=homepage&play=true

Hi IslandMonkey!
I hope you are feeling better! The bolded part above is what drives me nuts about Terri. Dave took all of those poly's and attended all of Amber's vigils and did ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that was asked of him, all while under investigation. Even if Desiree, Kaine, Tony and LE bullied Terri and ganged up on her, she should have DONE THE RIGHT THING! I just cannot get past the bat phones, the smugness of her and her friends, her walking out on the third lie detector, hiring an attorney, blah blah blah. I am starting to think that Kaine and Terri had one of those sick and twisted love/hate relationships. They BOTH seem so concerned about one upping the other while Kyron is missing. If Kaine TRULY believes that Terri did something to Kyron, it is understandable why he is furious. I just find that his repetitious ramblings about Terri during every press conference is fueled by something more than Kyron. How many times do we need to hear how Terri is a "master manipulator"? I get that. I want to see some human emotion from him. I want to hear about Kyron. I want to know more about the things he misses about Kyron. Maybe it is just me, but I don't see a lot of warmth from Kaine and it bothers me for some reason.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2010, 11:39:06 PM »

Ok, is it just me or does anyone else interpret this to mean they didn't consider an abudction right away and investigate it as such??? I guess I can see where one might think he wandered off, but FTLOG after they got the call it had been an entire school day, I would be so pizzed that they didn't do a parallel investigation while they thought he wandered off, I think it's always safe to assume when a child is missing that abduction should be on the top of the theories. So they waited TWO days to start interviewing the teachers, kids, parents etc.....REALLY!!!!!!!!! Sorry, I needed that rant....IMO that is unfathomable

Staton says that while investigators have been doing everything they can, he does wish he could go back to that first day Kyron disappeared.

“At first, we thought it was a child who walked away from school,” Staton said.

He believes that if somehow they could have figured out earlier that it was an abduction, they would have done things
differently.
“The opportunity to catch people was greater when things were fresh,” he said.

Instead, it wasn’t until two days later that they started bringing teachers, students and parents back to the school for interviews.
“That hurt us,” he says.  “Once the days passed, people began to lose their train of thought and what they did or didn’t see.”

Staton said that since they can’t go back in time, they remain focused on trying to move things forward and major energies have been devoted to further analyzing all sorts of data including records from cell phone towers

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Sheriff-confident-about-Horman-case-even-after-6-months-111327254.html

Wow IslandMonkey! Great catch! I just remembered that it was stated that LE spent that first night at Kaine and Terri's home. That was well within 24 hours. Why then, did it take 2 days to get going on it if they spent the first night there? Another inconsistency?
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2010, 11:39:08 PM »

Snipped:

Staton says that while investigators have been doing everything they can, he does wish he could go back to that first day Kyron disappeared.

He believes that if somehow they could have figured out earlier that it was an abduction, they would have done things
differently.

Instead, it wasn’t until two days later that they started bringing teachers, students and parents back to the school for interviews.
“That hurt us,” he says.  “Once the days passed, people began to lose their train of thought and what they did or didn’t see.”

Staton said that since they can’t go back in time, they remain focused on trying to move things forward and major energies have been devoted to further analyzing all sorts of data including records from cell phone towers

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Sheriff-confident-about-Horman-case-even-after-6-months-111327254.html

From what I recall that was the feeling I got when people talked about Kyron the first few days.  People were surprised when they heard he was still missing.  I don't feel like his picture was out there enough the first day, but then I wasn't watching the news those first few days, either.  I heard about Kyron through a friend who received the text message from the school district about a boy who didn't return home after school.  My impression was he didn't get off the bus (not that he wasn't at school at all) and I hoped they would find him at a friend's house or something. Sad 

I find it interesting though that TH sent those emails the day after Ky went missing, and said people were blaming her in the "blogs".  She made it seem as though LE was really on her, interviewing her 5 times.

This case is so full of contradictions.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2010, 11:40:31 PM »

I know I would try everything, too.  If Kyron left the school by car (which I think most agree?) there wouldn't be a scent to follow.

The problem with the evidence is that if he got in a car willingly and unharmed, what evidence would there be?  No forensic evidence.  The only hope they had was a witness, which there doesn't seem to be one.  I must admit, Kyron's case is the only one I've followed, and it is so frustrating (each of us has our reasons for following a particular case, I guess).  This has taken such a toll on me, I don't think I could really follow a case like Zahra's. Sad 

If there is ever resolution to this case, I don't think I will come back and find another case to follow.

I disagree, the case of Amber Dubois she was removed by car and the dogs were able to track her scent 6 months later 1 mile from where her body was found. So many of these cases are extremely frustrating, frankly I can't recall one that hasn't been off the top of my head. I couldn't reall follow Zahra's either...way too horrific, sometimes I reach my limit and I knew that case would push me over. I always say that I won't follow another one, but never fails that I end up doing it anyway.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2010, 11:43:52 PM »

Does anyone recall reading what the money being raised is going to? do they have a PI working on the case or are they funding private searches for Kyron?
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2010, 11:49:49 PM »

Quote from: islandmonkey link=topic=9000.msg1272233#msg1272233

I disagree, the case of Amber Dubois [b
she was removed by car and the dogs were able to track her scent 6 months later 1 mile from where her body was found.[/b] So many of these cases are extremely frustrating, frankly I can't recall one that hasn't been off the top of my head. I couldn't reall follow Zahra's either...way too horrific, sometimes I reach my limit and I knew that case would push me over. I always say that I won't follow another one, but never fails that I end up doing it anyway.

Oh, okay.  I didn't realize that.  I don't know much about that stuff.  I certainly hope they are doing everything they can in the search for Kyron, (dogs included).

I am following Kyron's thread for my own reasons, but I really don't think I can follow any others.  I really will stop when they find him and put the person responsible behind bars. 
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2010, 11:51:08 PM »

Boy, I really screwed up that last post.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2010, 11:51:47 PM »

For what it is worth, the Terri Horman support page is back up on facebook.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2010, 11:53:34 PM »

Does anyone recall reading what the money being raised is going to? do they have a PI working on the case or are they funding private searches for Kyron?

I have no idea Tracygirl. That is a great question. It would be interesting to find out just how confident they really are with LE, if in fact they have hired a private investigator.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2010, 11:57:23 PM »

Hi IslandMonkey!
I hope you are feeling better! The bolded part above is what drives me nuts about Terri. Dave took all of those poly's and attended all of Amber's vigils and did ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that was asked of him, all while under investigation. Even if Desiree, Kaine, Tony and LE bullied Terri and ganged up on her, she should have DONE THE RIGHT THING! I just cannot get past the bat phones, the smugness of her and her friends, her walking out on the third lie detector, hiring an attorney, blah blah blah. I am starting to think that Kaine and Terri had one of those sick and twisted love/hate relationships. They BOTH seem so concerned about one upping the other while Kyron is missing. If Kaine TRULY believes that Terri did something to Kyron, it is understandable why he is furious. I just find that his repetitious ramblings about Terri during every press conference is fueled by something more than Kyron. How many times do we need to hear how Terri is a "master manipulator"? I get that. I want to see some human emotion from him. I want to hear about Kyron. I want to know more about the things he misses about Kyron. Maybe it is just me, but I don't see a lot of warmth from Kaine and it bothers me for some reason.

Starting to, just need nonstop calamine or peppermint oil and I know ppl around me are thinking WTH is she doing I hadn't followed Amber's case as closely so I had missed the finger pointing at Dave, his not really having an alibi, etc and also I do recall the dogs but forgot which case it was, so that was a great refresher. To some degree I understand what you are saying about Terri, but then I look at Kevin Fox and all the others who ended up in prison only to find out they weren't guilty. I do think Dede looks incredibly smug and that always bothered me as did the bat phones, but on the other hand if I was in the same position and I had already told LE what I knew over and over and over, and they were still telling me I was lying and I knew I wasn't, I think I would hire an attorney and shut my mouth...I hate to even think that way, but in all honesty I would. Think what might have happened if they never found Amber and John (POSMF'er) had never killed Chelsea or been caught, would LE feel the need to try to pin it on someone? I like to think that doesn't happen, but I know it does......Illinois is almost famous for that crap, and Michael Crowe was so hounded about Stephanie he confessed. It's a horrible choice if you are innocent.

BBM above, ITA.....I can't wrap my head around that either, but to my knowledge she hasn't one upped him, what was worse to me was when Desiree was on GMA and stated how she was angry about learning the drunk allegations from LE, it seemed a week of one - upping her from Kaine, kinda damage control IMO. I totally want to hear about Kyron, his routines, his habits, little thing he did that made him unique instead of the non-emotional info. I also wonder what LE is telling them that they believe Ky is stashed somewhere and able to hear them? When I heard that I was thinking wth? This case has me so frustrated because I think Terri is guilty of something, but I couldn't convict on what we know now, and the behavoir of the other family members bothers me too, so it's not so cut and dry it's more like a contradiction in my own mind trying to see it from different perspectives if that makes any sense, and if it didn't I am blaming on the pain killers

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2010, 12:00:48 AM »

Ok, is it just me or does anyone else interpret this to mean they didn't consider an abudction right away and investigate it as such??? I guess I can see where one might think he wandered off, but FTLOG after they got the call it had been an entire school day, I would be so pizzed that they didn't do a parallel investigation while they thought he wandered off, I think it's always safe to assume when a child is missing that abduction should be on the top of the theories. So they waited TWO days to start interviewing the teachers, kids, parents etc.....REALLY!!!!!!!!! Sorry, I needed that rant....IMO that is unfathomable

differently.

Wow IslandMonkey! Great catch! I just remembered that it was stated that LE spent that first night at Kaine and Terri's home. That was well within 24 hours. Why then, did it take 2 days to get going on it if they spent the first night there? Another inconsistency?

I don't know, I thought they brought them in sooner than that...I need to read back yet again, but why would they not think it was an abduction, he was 7 yrs old and afraid to wander off according to family, if he had been a teenager I could have seen that line of thinking but no way when the child is that young. It seems the more we know, the more inconsistencies appear and all around...no one person has the market on the inconsistencies, GRRRRRRR

[
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2010, 12:01:46 AM »

In ambers case Carry not that I am aware of anyway never played up LE's focus on Dave and neither did her family. I learned that here recently actually. I have to say, had that been different it would have derailed that case. So what if we didn't know about Terri and the focus on her, what would we be thinking happened to Kyron? 
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2010, 12:01:53 AM »

Hi, wantkyhome, haven't seen you in a while.  I hope you are doing ok.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2010, 12:08:40 AM »

In ambers case Carry not that I am aware of anyway never played up LE's focus on Dave and neither did her family. I learned that here recently actually. I have to say, had that been different it would have derailed that case. So what if we didn't know about Terri and the focus on her, what would we be thinking happened to Kyron? 

Exactly Tracygirl! LE was very close mouthed in Amber's case. Their suspects were not spoken of in the media by Carrie, or Moe or anyone else. I don't understand why Kyron's case is so different than the norm.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2010, 12:09:07 AM »

That is an excellent point......in fact I didn't even know it until I read about the 48 hrs special and decided to watch it, hmmm I am sure that would change some perception since I think this could have been a case of random opportunity, an SO, someone in the school that day. Although statistically speaking that isn't the norm, it does happen

[
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2010, 12:17:08 AM »

Janet posted the email from Terri that she talks about her time line of 9AM and that Kyron was seen with a male and 2 girls after she left. Now I would think if that was not true, LE would question Terri on that, right? So was she simply telling a lie or was this true? Was Kyron seen with a male and 2 girls after Terri had left? How do you think LE would handle that if they found Terri lied in this email about the man and 2 girls?

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2010, 12:25:10 AM »

Ever since the beginning of this case, I have not gotten Kristain Horman out of my head. It is that little nagging something that never goes away. Kyron is reported missing June 4th and Kristian goes to prison June 16th. I don't know, it just nags and nags and nags.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2010, 12:28:11 AM »

Ever since the beginning of this case, I have not gotten Kristain Horman out of my head. It is that little nagging something that never goes away. Kyron is reported missing June 4th and Kristian goes to prison June 16th. I don't know, it just nags and nags and nags.
I agree, but surely LE checked out where he was during that time....at least I hope they did, but I do remember a stmt made that he was part of the investigation way back in the beginning.

[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.