May 29, 2024, 04:40:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, PORTLAND, OR #37 12/5/10 - 12/18/10  (Read 236046 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2010, 08:36:22 PM »

I pray Klaas is right and at the end of January we know of more concrete evidence to bring lil man home an angelic monkey

I was curious and pleased to see this in the latest OL article:

Investigators suspect more than one person was involved in Kyron's disappearance and thatmore than one crime occurred: an alleged murder-for-hire scheme by the boy's stepmother against her husband before the boy went missing, Kyron's kidnapping, and who knows what else. They're still unsure what happened to the child, and have had to consider all options, including his being abducted, becoming a victim of human trafficking or being killed.

They must look at all potential theories: They suspect Kyron's stepmother's involvement, but did she pass the boy off to someone? Could the boy have been taken along the I-5 corridor and out of the country? They also must identify and interview child predators and sex offenders living in the area.  

Obviously I hope they have done this from the beginning.....and I also know it's incumbent on a sex offender to register themselves, so the fact is there literally 10's of thousands of SO's that are "lost", they haven't registered so it is possible a SO that was unregistered was never checked out. I hope not since I think they will never find Ky or arrest someone if that is true, and the human trafficking angle is like a knife to the heart of a parent, I couldn't imagine wondering where my child was and knowing this was a possibillity. I think I'd be in the hospital hooked up to a IV of valium.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2010, 08:38:16 PM »

There were a few times in Haleigh's case where I held my breath, thinking LE was going to find her, I also thought someone would be arrested for it, since everyone seemed to be pointing at Misty. All this time later Haleigh hasn't been found, and nobody arrested for her disappearance, granted the main characters are in jail for dealing. I hope Kyron is found, I hope whoever is responsible is charged, but won't hold my breath.

But sadly, those main characters are in jail for dealing as you said - not for doing this, if they did it.  Isn't that just amazingly frustrating?  Same with Zahra.  You know, in two years I really hope we're all laughing about how we wondered why they weren't yet charged, and how it made perfect sense later, because at THIS moment I just feel a bit like this:   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2010, 08:38:26 PM »

THE MORNING OF JUNE 4, 2010

Details emerge about the day Kyron Horman turned up missing
Published: Saturday, June 05, 2010, 11:21 PM
Updated: Friday, June 18, 2010, 5:02 PM

The Backpack - The Coat

Instead of taking the bus near his home off Cornelius Pass Road as usual, he hopped into the car with his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, who drove him to Skyline Elementary School.

They arrived sometime after the school opened about 8 a.m., went to his classroom, dropped off his coat and backpack and he showed his stepmother his exhibit, "The Red-Eyed Tree Frog."

The Photo

Horman, who has raised Kyron since he was an infant, snapped a picture of him standing in front of it that she later posted on her Facebook page. .....

The Witnesses

Terri often volunteers at the school, working closely with Kyron's teacher, Kristina Porter. Shelby said that Porter saw Kyron in her classroom with his stepmom before 8:45 a.m. and another instructor reported seeing him in another classroom at some point.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

Kyron Horman disappears during Oregon school science fair
June 7, 2010

The Witnesses

Portland Public Schools spokesman Matt Shelby said two teachers saw Kyron with his stepmother and thought the two left school together.

http://origin.ksdk.com/news/national/story.aspx?storyid=203651&catid=28

Sources: Search for Kyron Horman Focuses on Step-Mom, Cell Records
4:52 PM June 17th, 2010

The Cell Phone Record

The island is more than five miles from rural Skyline Elementary School, where Horman was reported missing June 4. But rescuers on horseback, on foot and in dive teams have repeatedly scoured the island beginning around June 10 and continuing this week — even after Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton called off other major search operations last Sunday.

WW has learned that federal, county and city law-enforcement officials say the reason for the search of Sauvie Island is that cell-phone records reveal Kyron’s step-mother, Terri Moulton Horman, may have been on the island the day he disappeared.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06/17/sources-search-for-kyron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2010, 08:39:11 PM »

There were a few times in Haleigh's case where I held my breath, thinking LE was going to find her, I also thought someone would be arrested for it, since everyone seemed to be pointing at Misty. All this time later Haleigh hasn't been found, and nobody arrested for her disappearance, granted the main characters are in jail for dealing. I hope Kyron is found, I hope whoever is responsible is charged, but won't hold my breath.

But sadly, those main characters are in jail for dealing as you said - not for doing this, if they did it.  Isn't that just amazingly frustrating?  Same with Zahra.  You know, in two years I really hope we're all laughing about how we wondered why they weren't yet charged, and how it made perfect sense later, because at THIS moment I just feel a bit like this:   
I feel the exact same way, it is horribly frustrating 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2010, 08:39:19 PM »

ITA~This case is starting to remind me alot of HaLeigh's case, down to Kaine's allegation that Terri was basically a drunk and was watching the kids...Ron knew Misty was a druggie, but since he was also it didn't seem to matter. D@mn scary to think about how many children are possibly in the care of  drunk or drugged caregiver

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2010, 08:41:23 PM »

ITA~This case is starting to remind me alot of HaLeigh's case, down to Kaine's allegation that Terri was basically a drunk and was watching the kids...Ron knew Misty was a druggie, but since he was also it didn't seem to matter. D@mn scary to think about how many children are possibly in the care of  drunk or drugged caregiver
I agree, it reminds me of Haleigh's case as well. And unfortunately I don't think she will ever be found, hope that isn't the case with Kyron.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2010, 08:51:49 PM »

Terri Horman - In Her Own Words

Terri Horman e-mails: 'They are blaming me'280
Share By Anita Kissée KATU News and KATU.com Staff
Story Published: Aug 9, 2010 at 11:14 PM PDT
Story Updated: Aug 10, 2010 at 1:09 PM PDT

PORTLAND, Ore. - Long before the alleged murder-for-hire plot and sexting affairs, it seems Terri Moulton Horman knew suspicions settled on her, according to e-mails written by Horman and obtained by KATU News.

“They are blaming me in the blogs. I just want to scream,” she wrote in one e-mail to a KATU News source the day after her stepson, Kyron Horman vanished from Skyline School during a science fair. Investigators say Terri Horman was the last person to see Kyron.

“The teacher thought I said I was going to take Kyron with Kitty for a doctor’s appt.,” she wrote on June 5, 2010. “I said I was going to look at other exhibits - how do you mess that up? His coat and backpack were still at school. I left the school at 9 and he was seen with a man ‘chaperone’ and 2 girls after I left. There were no men on the chaperone list. That and it was highly chaotic - had to been 300 people running around - no coordination ...”

The reference to her daughter’s doctor visit not mentioned again in a follow-up e-mail sent later that day:

"I didn't just drop him off, I spent time with him, took pictures and he was in safe hands I thought as I watched him walk down the hall.

“Kids saw him after I left. Teacher put him as absent at 10am. Someplace between 9-10 is when we think it happened.

"I have a receipt showing I was checking out at Fred Meyer 7 miles away at 9:12am. I went to another FM looking for meds for Kitty they didn't have at the first FM. Then I was trying to get Kitty to sleep in the truck for a few minutes, but no go, so off to the gym at 11:20. Out at 12:20. Home at 12:45. Kaine home at 2. Bus at 3:30. That was my day - they keep asking me. Now on my 5th interview with them ..."

Horman went on to talk about Kyron’s recent behavior.

"The past 2 weeks he's been acting really weird. Staring off into space. Can't remember anything. Walks into the room and then back out, stopping to stare and then move on. The doc thinks that he is having mini seizures and I made an appt on Thursday for next Friday to have him checked out."

That contradicts what multiple sources have told KATU News. In the days before the science fair, Terri informed Kyron’s teacher he had the appointment that day, June 4, which is why no one expected he would be in class and was marked absent.

Meanwhile on Monday, an acquaintance of Terri Horman said Terri was very upset the weeks before Kyron vanished because she said her husband, Kaine, was making her teenage son move out of the couple’s home.

Also on Monday, friends of Terri who worked out with her at 24-Hour Fitness testified before a grand jury.

According to sources, the friends were not extremely close to Terri but they were close enough that Terri often confided in them with issues from her home.

The Oregonian reported on Monday that investigators are trying to learn if another adult was sitting in the white pickup truck that Terri Horman drove to Skyline School on the day Kyron disappeared.

The newspaper reports the person may have been in the truck while Terri was with Kyron at the science fair.

Lt. Mary Lindstrand, spokeswoman for the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, said Monday night she cannot comment on details of an open investigation

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100323934.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2010, 09:35:24 PM »

I don't think TH was falling down drunk all of the time.  I think the teacher and other adults in TH's life would have noticed this.  I think Kaine was referencing something that had happened in the evening on several occasions.

I fully believe she is capable of having planned the perfect, yet simple, scheme to "disappear" Kyron.  I also think she may have explored other scenarios for disappearing him.  I wonder if a search of her computer would show her having researched Sauvie Island, various routes, maps, etc.  Maybe something along those lines is leading LE to Sauvie Island, as well as the cell phone pings...

Maybe her cell phone would show more than one trip (practice runs?) to Sauvie Island that week?
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2010, 09:50:59 PM »

I love it- "an aquaintance said", as far as I'm concerned if they can't back up their statement with their name, it's heresay. Didn't james move out Jan/Feb? And, didn't Kaine say he was on a trip and Terri called him and said she had James move out? So, how does this "aquaintance" know Terri was upset that Kaine was making James move out in May? Another good one is "investigators said". Investigators have said Terri was cooperating. Kaine and Desiree said Terri wasn't. Who is the public to believe- LE or the bio parents?

TG- very good points.

Rob- due to a potential liability suit, the school needs TH to be guilty. Due to public fear and panic, they need TH to be guilty. Wasn't this school attempting to become acreditted? How does the disappearance of a student reflect on this school, and staff? Why are we still discussing this case 6 months from the initial incident? Like you, I haven't seen one iota of anything solid to indicate TH is the perp or the mastermind. The only fact we know is Kyron Horman is missing and the last place he was seen, was Skyline Elem.
Very early in this investigation, someone began focusing on TH, probably prior to the polygraph. The investigation has shifted. The GJ has not indicted TH- why? IF it is so blatantly obvious, WHY is Terri Horman still roaming the planet? 

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2010, 10:06:18 PM »

According to that note written on a poster at Kyron's wall of hope, the writter states something to the effect of you'll see me in another time and place where she can no longer hurt me. Kaine has been rushing to get divorced. Aside from thinking Terri wanted to have him bumped off, and the obvious Kyron missing, perhaps Kaine is giving this message some credibility by pushing the divorce and publically stating he and Kiara are living at the house and it's safe now.

Just an observation.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2010, 10:24:21 PM »

Not sure if this has been posted, I guess Staton did speak from Bend today:

http://www.kxl.com/Staton-Confident-Answers-in-Kyron-Case-Are-Coming-/8710448

--snipped--

Speaking from Bend on Saturday, Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton says he is more confident than ever that the case will be solved. Staton says they were hampered by the fact that 6 hours passed before Kyron Horman was reported missing on June 4th 2009. Since then, much of the attention has been focused on Kyron's step-mother, Terri Moulton-Horman. She has never been named a suspect or a person of interest.

Staton admits that at one time, he thought Kyron's disappearance was destined to be a cold case. Now 6 months later, he is sure that it will be solved. Staton says that the 9 member task force has narrowed their focus. Over 1,000 interviews have been conducted and 450 specific searches carried out. “I’m very confident in what's been developed in this case and the fact that it's got a definitive scope to it,” Staton told KGW Newschannel 8. 

He adds that he has great confidence that within the next several months, we will know exactly what happened to Kyron Horman.

--end snip--

That sounds more confident.  I guess it depends on how it's reported, as well as how one reads it.
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2010, 10:27:08 PM »

correction, that was yesterday.  I guess I lost a day somewhere! Wink
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2010, 10:36:27 PM »

so the school has a liability suit?  They have insurance.  They have attorneys on retainer.  Schools get sued for lots of different things.  I don't know if many of the suits are successful. 

It would have to be shown that the school was negligent.  They were doing what was past practice many a time.  It was their way of doing things.

It's up to  the parents and the taxpayers to demand that things are different.  It seems like the parents at the school were satisfied with the practices.

Now if there is evidence that parents had complained about the practices at the school and the school ignored the parents, that would be one thing.

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2010, 10:59:04 PM »

so the school has a liability suit?  They have insurance.  They have attorneys on retainer.  Schools get sued for lots of different things.  I don't know if many of the suits are successful. 

It would have to be shown that the school was negligent.  They were doing what was past practice many a time.  It was their way of doing things.

It's up to  the parents and the taxpayers to demand that things are different.  It seems like the parents at the school were satisfied with the practices.

Now if there is evidence that parents had complained about the practices at the school and the school ignored the parents, that would be one thing.

Hi Hello Kitty,
Sadly, I think everyone at that school, including the parents were complacent. It usually takes a tragedy such as Kyron's to make people realize how dangerous the situation was. Personally, I think it was the school's responsibility to make sure that the children were safe. Our tax dollars pay for these safeguards that were obviously not in place at Skyline. The school employees are trained ad nauseum about this very issue, at our expense, yet did not act on it. I am sorry, but I think that the school and Kyron's teacher failed Kyron. Having said this, I also feel that IF Terri is innocent, she may be at fault for the direction of this case. If she had FULLY cooperated every step of the way she may have been cleared and then the investigation could have gone in another direction. If LE has had tunnel vision, perhaps it is because Terri's lack of cooperation caused that tunnel vision. I also feel that IF Terri is innocent, that Kaine has also been the reason that LE has had tunnel vision regarding Terri. I just find it extremely odd, that after 6 months, Kaine and Desiree claim to be happy with LE and the way that this case has been handled. I would have hit the roof months ago!
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2010, 11:08:30 PM »

Monchichi ~I agree that does sound more confident and positive, thanks for posting that.

On another topic I just watched the 48hrs story about Amber Dubois and it was shocking how the stepdad had to take 8 poly's, and was a POI to some degree. But more than anything I had forgotten about the dogs finding Amber's scent 1 mile from where she was found, and if I were Kaine and Desiree I think I'd find these dogs and ask for help, nothing could hurt and if anything they might be able to track Kyron's scent as the DuBois family did this 6 months later, and here we are at the 6 month mark. I know I would be grasping at straws, but I'd be willing to try anything and everything to find my child.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/48_hours/video/?pid=1LHMc4kz2FSlmjE1q2Hq2sMT8Fm5x8Ww&vs=homepage&play=true

[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2010, 11:15:49 PM »

Hi Hello Kitty,
Sadly, I think everyone at that school, including the parents were complacent. It usually takes a tragedy such as Kyron's to make people realize how dangerous the situation was. Personally, I think it was the school's responsibility to make sure that the children were safe. Our tax dollars pay for these safeguards that were obviously not in place at Skyline. The school employees are trained ad nauseum about this very issue, at our expense, yet did not act on it. I am sorry, but I think that the school and Kyron's teacher failed Kyron. Having said this, I also feel that IF Terri is innocent, she may be at fault for the direction of this case. If she had FULLY cooperated every step of the way she may have been cleared and then the investigation could have gone in another direction. If LE has had tunnel vision, perhaps it is because Terri's lack of cooperation caused that tunnel vision. I also feel that IF Terri is innocent, that Kaine has also been the reason that LE has had tunnel vision regarding Terri. I just find it extremely odd, that after 6 months, Kaine and Desiree claim to be happy with LE and the way that this case has been handled. I would have hit the roof months ago!

Sebastian this is a very well thought out post.  I like your chain of thought.  And I would of been on the roof too.
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2010, 11:19:50 PM »

He adds that he has great confidence that within the next several months, we will know exactly what happened to Kyron Horman.

I don't know.  While it seems like they are starting to hone in on something/someone, I don't like the past-tense sort of way they're saying this.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2010, 11:21:26 PM »

Our schools are responsible for the safety of the students from the time they enter the property until they are picked up by a person assigned to pick them up or until the bus drops them off. Under a certain age, a child is to be dropped off near their home and not left on a corner.

While in the school or on school grounds the school must put in pratice common sense procedures to protect the children. These are child protection laws meant to stop any such plan that Terri or whoever planned that day. Without them, children go missing as was the case with Kyron. People are not supposed to be able to disappear a child from our schools. It shouldn't be a roll of the dice if your children make it home safe and sound.

Why and how could anyone on this forum argue against child protection laws is confusing to me. I don't understand the thought that it was not the schools responsibility when in reality they did nothing to protect Kyron and allowed for his disappearance. Everyone including his parents trusted the school to be a safe place to send him and not be the end of him.

I hope the family does press this point not to get money but to help tighten  other schools that may be out of compliance or do not have safety codes in place that protect against these things. 
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2010, 11:24:28 PM »

Hi Hello Kitty,

Sebastian this is a very well thought out post.  I like your chain of thought.  And I would of been on the roof too.

Thank you fatcat! I just do not understand why neither parent seems to be upset about the direction of the case after 6 months. I am praying that they know something that we do not know and we will see a resolution soon!
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2010, 11:29:21 PM »

Ok, is it just me or does anyone else interpret this to mean they didn't consider an abudction right away and investigate it as such??? I guess I can see where one might think he wandered off, but FTLOG after they got the call it had been an entire school day, I would be so pizzed that they didn't do a parallel investigation while they thought he wandered off, I think it's always safe to assume when a child is missing that abduction should be on the top of the theories. So they waited TWO days to start interviewing the teachers, kids, parents etc.....REALLY!!!!!!!!! Sorry, I needed that rant....IMO that is unfathomable

Staton says that while investigators have been doing everything they can, he does wish he could go back to that first day Kyron disappeared.

“At first, we thought it was a child who walked away from school,” Staton said.

He believes that if somehow they could have figured out earlier that it was an abduction, they would have done things
differently.
“The opportunity to catch people was greater when things were fresh,” he said.

Instead, it wasn’t until two days later that they started bringing teachers, students and parents back to the school for interviews.
“That hurt us,” he says.  “Once the days passed, people began to lose their train of thought and what they did or didn’t see.”

Staton said that since they can’t go back in time, they remain focused on trying to move things forward and major energies have been devoted to further analyzing all sorts of data including records from cell phone towers

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Sheriff-confident-about-Horman-case-even-after-6-months-111327254.html

[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.