April 26, 2024, 06:00:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Net Neutrality, Premium Internet Fees, Wall St., & Hedge Funds  (Read 853 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 22, 2010, 01:37:34 PM »

Is charging everyone $29.95 a month for premium internet fair?

Apparently, Washington, and the Obamacrats want to force internet providers to charge everyone the same rate.  Is this fair?  In the best interest of folks on Main Street?

Currently, some folks pay more, some folks pay less, and they get services based on their needs, wants, and ability to pay.

Does every American need the same internet service as Wall Street, global banks, and large hedge funds?  Those that make millions/billions based on high frequency trading, and making millions in nano-seconds?  HFT has been described by some as electronic front running. 

Is Main Street making billions on their internet access?

Somehow, this seems like another Cap & Trade/Obamacare scheme. 

Pretend to give everyone the same access.  What will it really do?

Socialize the cost of every increasing internet speed needed by Wall Street, global bankers, and hedge funds for their HFT, dark room and other money making schemes that depend on speed?  Keeping up with the other globalists?

Why not just let them build their own connection?  Pay for their own speed?

Force Main Street to pay, socialize the cost of ever increasing high speed internet needed by Wall St., global banks, and hedge funds?

What will Main Street get for their $29?  Wall St.?  Global banks?  Hedge funds?

Is Main St. likely to make billions on increasing the speed of their internet?

I imagine that the 'poor' will get a subsidy, and Main St., Wall St., global banks, & hedge funds will pay the rest.

Fair?

Will all of these folks receive equal benefits?  Or, will Main Street really be footing the bill for Wall St., global banks, businesses, and hedge funds?

I don't think this is likely to be good for Main Street.

Socializing global internet on the back of middle class Americans on Main Street?

Who do you think will decide how much speed is enough?  Too much?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.