April 19, 2024, 09:16:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TSA Pat-Dows & Border Security  (Read 1666 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 22, 2010, 03:57:47 PM »

"I think we all understand the concerns Americans have," Napolitano said at the Trenton train station. "It's something new. Most Americans are not used to a real law enforcement pat-down like that. As we move forward, of course we will listen to concerns. Of course we will make adjustments or changes when called upon, but not changes or adjustments that will affect the basic operational capability that we need to have to make sure that air travel remains safe."

More here - http://www.canadianbusiness.com/markets/market_news/article.jsp?content=D9JLD68G0

I have been hearing and reading all kinds of comments about the pat-downs.  A few things come to mind.

Are other nations/airports doing these pat-downs?  Anyone in Europe starting this kind of screening?  Just America?

I heard someone say, a politician, that they'd do what they needed to do to avoid the pat-down.  Are they blaming the 'victim'?  It reminds me of folks who suggest rape victims should just lay back and enjoy it, or perhaps choose to allow their body to be destroyed rather than submit to the sexual assault. 

It it better to die by baseball bat or submit to a sexual assault?  Die by cancer or suffer a PTS for life?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 04:01:04 PM »

Anyone frisking illegal aliens as they cross our borders?

Suggesting those in Arizona avoid being stopped by law enforcement and proving their immigration status?  Just go home to your country or origin, fill out an application, and wait patiently for permission to come legally.

Are international travelers getting the pad-down?   I don't seem to see a lot of international coverage.  Maybe the international travelers aren't getting the same kind of invasive frisking that Americans do?

Why isn't anyone protecting us from terrorists that continue to cross our borders illegally?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 06:42:51 AM »

Anyone frisking illegal aliens as they cross our borders?

Suggesting those in Arizona avoid being stopped by law enforcement and proving their immigration status?  Just go home to your country or origin, fill out an application, and wait patiently for permission to come legally.

Are international travelers getting the pad-down?   I don't seem to see a lot of international coverage.  Maybe the international travelers aren't getting the same kind of invasive frisking that Americans do?

Why isn't anyone protecting us from terrorists that continue to cross our borders illegally?

WG...I wanted to tell you I enjoy your posts here. Please don't stop! They are thought provoking and although I may not always agree 100%, they are usually "spot on"!

How pathetic has our nation become? Or should I say, apathetic?  I am outraged reading some of the crap that is coming to light!       How many more storied don't make it into the news?

I can pray , if nothing else.    an angelic monkey

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.