March 28, 2024, 03:57:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #854 11/26/10 - 12/30/10  (Read 399329 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: November 23, 2010, 04:02:59 AM »

Justice for Natalee,

and Stephany!

« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 01:42:13 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 12:58:14 PM »

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
crazybabyborg
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 12:59:22 PM »

MAY THIS THREAD SEE NATALEE HOME!!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 01:00:10 PM »

Thanks, guys, for the help! 
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 01:07:17 PM »

Thanks, guys, for the help! 

Even though I am not a guy...hehehe

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 01:08:54 PM »

I thought about Beth yesterday and know how hard Holidays are.  I hope that this most recent Roller Coaster ride Aruba has put her through didn't make it worse. God Bless Natalee's Family!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 01:12:43 PM »

I forgot about the thread almost ready to switch and ran to the store.  Thanks for getting the thread change CBB! 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 01:13:07 PM »

Her New Life's Work

Talking To Beth Holloway Five Years After Natalee's Disappearance
05/30/10 1:45 pm   |   reporter: Ebony Hall   posted by: Ebony Hall

Mountain Brook, AL - It was a story that made headlines across the globe. The search for missing Mountain Brook teenager Natalee Holloway. The story that dominated the airwaves- also took over Beth Holloway's life. She is Natalee's mother, and five years later, she is still looking for answers and hoping Aruban prosecutors can close this case.

"I'm not sure if there is anything new, but they are processing all the leads and the tips that they have received."

Natalee is now presumed dead, but no one knows how she died or why.

"We've really tried to be so careful and not to speculate as to what happened an just stick with the known facts."

We do know that Natalee was last seen alive with Dutch teen Joran van der Sloot at Carlos n' Charlie's. Over the years, van der Sloot has told many stories of what happened that night. All the while Beth listened to each of these tales hoping to find a thread of truth.

"I think there was one where he said he sold her alive.I think there was another where he said she fell of a balcony in a swamp. I think now it's become so muddy for me that no my journey for justice is not ended."

It's been five years since Natalee disappeared. Legally, her family could now file for a death certificate in Alabama, but they have not thus far since Natalee disappeared abroad.

"We know that Natalee is no longer alive. I know we had talked about that earlier, few years ago,but it is not something that we have done yet."

Over the years, Beth and her family have learned how to deal with the pain of losing Natalee, but it is still an open wound. In March, a Pennsylvania couple thought they may have taken a picture of a body- maybe Natalee's body- on the ocean floor. News like that- always makes the family hopeful.

"You know I got caught up for a just- you get taken in. But as I said, there is a quicker recovery time where I am able to compartmentalize it and focus on what I can do..."

She is now focused on her new life's work which was born out of the death of her daughter.

"Tragedy creates an opportunity to make a difference."

Making A Difference

Beth Holloway thought she knew exactly who she was more than five years ago.

"My life was defined with two children, a marriage, job and home. When a tragedy strikes, you lose everything."

During the Memorial Day weekend of 2005, Beth's life changed forever. With Natalee missing, she was now the mother of one- not two. She would later divorce her then husband Jug Twitty. So she was no longer a wife. Her life "definition" changed- and with it so did her life's purpose.

"I received the call that all mothers and fathers dread from the moment their children is born- that my daughter was missing."

So now her mission is to help others. Beth tells the story of Natalee's disappearance to high school and college students round the nation as part of her work with the Natalee Holloway Resource Center,which launches in D.C. on June 8.

"The Natalee Holloway Resource Center is focusing on education and crime prevention, and in the event that a loved one goes missing we have the resources and the contacts to assist the families."

Beth says she had no idea who to contact in Aruba when Natalee went missing. She also knew nothing about the Dutch system of Justice or who was in charge. Out of her frustration a new global security and assistance company was born. It's called Mayday 360.

"When I present to these high school and college students, I could give them the personal safety and travel safety message, but I really felt like I couldn't equip them with a real tangible resource. And I feel with Mayday 360, I can because that is real time, real security assistance, 24 hours a day, seven days a week."

She says her definition of herself continues to evolve, but everything she does now can be traced back five years to Aruba- the place where paradise met tragedy. The place that gave birth to her new life's work and hope that..

"No one will ever experience what I did heading home from a family vacation on Memorial Day."

http://www.abc3340.com/news/stories/0510/741129.html

++++++

Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

Mayday 360
http://www.mayday360.com/default.aspx

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 01:20:29 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_81511.php

Google translation:

ARUBA
Man drowned at Baby Beach
November 26, 2010, 24:38 (GMT -04:00)

SAN NICOLAS - In the water at Baby Beach man drowned yesterday. Around two hours in the afternoon, a patrol of the office in San Nicolas sent to that beach. As officers found the lifeless body of a man whose identity was later established as an American tourist Michael Hinton (72).
Around four hours of death was confirmed by Dr Hinton Kiewiet. Tourists staying with relatives at the Divi Village and probably a heart attack when he got into the waters of Baby Beach was swimming. Victim Support Agency was called to the family of Hinton to absorb and assist. This year it happened before that a person at Baby Beach at age died. In October and even earlier this year in June there were two people to death. Also recently, a man drowned at Casa Del Mar.
The government has plans to post warning signs and lifeguards to hire. These plans are contained in the plan is to implement a Marine Park. When this plan is actually implemented, is not yet known.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 01:26:31 PM »

I thought about Beth yesterday and know how hard Holidays are.  I hope that this most recent Roller Coaster ride Aruba has put her through didn't make it worse. God Bless Natalee's Family!

Last night my DIL and I went for a walk in about six inches of freshly fallen snow on a rural road in the area where she grew up in on the outskirts of Bellingham, Washington.  The conversation evolved from her precious  Thanksgiving/Christmas memories to the emotions that Beth Holloway must be experiencing at this time of year.  We held hands and in tears upheld Natalee's family in prayer.

Janet

++++++

She isn't Coming Home

Loving Natalee – Beth Holloway

Page 198:
  The holidays will be here soon, and we’ll have to face the first season without Natalee.   People ask what I will do, how we’ll get through it.  But it’s not the holidays and birthdays that get to me.  It’s the milestones.  Natalee would be looking forward to her winter break after her first semester at college.  But she isn’t coming home from college for Christmas.  She isn’t coming home.

It isn't Easy

Loving Natalee – Beth Holloway

Page 219
: I have to make difficult choices every day. I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me. It’s not easy. I ask God to help me

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
crazybabyborg
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 01:29:08 PM »

I forgot about the thread almost ready to switch and ran to the store.  Thanks for getting the thread change CBB! 

You ran to the store? I didn't notice a thing except a little blur go by!   

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 01:30:01 PM »

I was somewhat taken back that this Canadian Monkey was not the only Monkey logged in this morning.  It was my understanding that ALL Americans are in the stores taking advantage of the Christmas sales.

Janet

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2010, 01:31:17 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_81518.php

Google translation:

'Research needed into gas risks'

November 26, 2010, 24:42 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article 
Print this article 

From this side of the field WEB Balashi in the pipeline which can then go under water to Venezuela.

ORANGE CITY - Tropical marine biologist Debrot Dolfi says a study to recommend to the environmental effects of the gas pipeline that the government intends to build between Venezuela and Aruba. This pipeline would be brought risk to marine life in the area.

Debrot, formerly director of the Curaçao and environmental Carmabi now linked to Wageningen University, says the underwater life between Venezuela and Aruba is unique. He did this in an interview with Radio Netherlands that the marine biologist also called for an investigation into environmental risks of the pipeline. Since he can, both the construction and later by the release of rust or paint, marine life is damaged or polluted. A preliminary study is therefore necessary, to find the best places for such an underwater pipeline with minimal damage to the environment. That there are risks for marine life and especially the coral is under Debrot because the waters between Venezuela and Aruba shallow. The depth in many places no more than 50 to 80 meters. Therefore, according to the marine biologist also plenty of marine life. The pipeline would be in deeper water, there were "cumulative" less risk because in deeper water are simply less life on the seabed.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 01:35:37 PM »

I changed the date on the opening post from 8/26/2010 to 11/26/10.  I'm hoping that eventually it will be okay.

fwi

It's okay on my post, but may not be on some quoted posts. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 01:42:41 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_81512.php

Google translation:

ARUBA

Isabella Bennett (14) go back

November 26, 2010, 24:38 (GMT -04:00)

SAN NICOLAS - Isabella Bennett from Mahuma is again justified. Just before eight hours this morning she was found along Highway Seroe Pre by Antoni Gario, familiar from the carnival band Le Groove. He took her to the police station in San Nicolas.

by our reporter
Ariën Rasmijn

The fourteen year old girl was missing since last Tuesday. "Suddenly I saw her walking down the road. I think she just dropped off by another car, so let Gario know at this newspaper. "She walked quickly in the opposite direction of how I rode. She had her head down and covered her face with her hand but I still recognized her from the many photos that were circulating around. I rode her terminal, grabbed her and talked to her. She told me that her group of boys were detained and that they did not know where she was. Then she began to cry. "According Gario Isabella had other clothes than the media had indicated the last time she was spotted. "She had no school uniform, but a white shirt." Isabella cried on the entire route of Highway Seroe Preto to the police station of San Nicolas. "I helped her out of the car and walked her inside." Isabel was not immediately recognized by agents, according Gario. "Only when I said who she was happy and everyone responded she was brought to the Chief." Gario was then also immediately his statement to police.

Interrogation
According to Suzy Moseley, a good friend of the mother of Isabella now spokesman for the family should, Isabella stayed over two hours at the office of San Nicolas. And she, with her parents to the Children's Department and Vice Squad (KZP) in Balashi moved to make a statement. "After her statement she goes to Centro Medico San Nicolas order to be examined." In other news media was immediately after she was found, speculation sexually abused by her kidnappers. "That will be investigated," said Moseley, who indicated that Isabella has looked good physically but complained of pain all over her body.

Yesterday Amigoe spoke to Isabella's mother, Karina Bennett. She then gave all that the disappearance of her daughter would have to do with gang activity. It would constitute contacts fourteen years studying at her school, EPB San Nicolas. Bennett said yesterday that several arrests had been made and that she now had cause to report himself to the authorities. In previous statements to the press, the Commission said that her daughter had problems with some students but that this had been resolved to the extent known.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2010, 02:16:06 PM »

I was somewhat taken back that this Canadian Monkey was not the only Monkey logged in this morning.  It was my understanding that ALL Americans are in the stores taking advantage of the Christmas sales.

Janet

I don't shop.  You wouldn't catch me dead shopping today.  When I say I ran to the store that means I ran out of my instant oatmeal.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2010, 02:21:39 PM »

I changed the date on the opening post from 8/26/2010 to 11/26/10.  I'm hoping that eventually it will be okay.

fwi

It's okay on my post, but may not be on some quoted posts. 

Thanks 2NJ!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 02:24:28 PM »

I received this via email:

http://www.curacao-law.com/2007/11/26/aruba-criminal-law/

According to the Aruba Penal Code (Article 72) with respect to adults (18 years and older):

* There is a 6 year statute of limitations on crimes with a maximum term of imprisonment of 3 years (involuntary manslaughter: max. 9 months imprisonment)
    * There is a 12 year statute of limitations on crimes with a term of imprisonment of at least 3 years (voluntary manslaughter: max. 15 years and murder: max. 20 years imprisonment)
    * There is a 18 year statute of limitations on crimes which result in a life sentence (e.g. murder committed by terrorists / kidnapping resulting in the death of the kidnapped person / killing someone to hide a crime: life sentence)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 02:31:40 PM »

Janet

I don't shop.  You wouldn't catch me dead shopping today.  When I say I ran to the store that means I ran out of my instant oatmeal.

Klaas ... in Canada ... Boxing Day ... the day after Christmas ... is when bargain hunters go crazy.  My grown kids go crazy ... my solid rock of a husband goes crazy.  NOT ME!!  Home is where it is at.

However ... there was a time I stood in lineups outside an establishment at 4:00 AM in freezing weather to pay top dollar for a much sought after cabbage patch doll ... a Ninja Turtle van ... an Nintendo system ...

Janet

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2010, 03:47:29 PM »

As a reader and not often poster in Natalee's thread, I don't know if this has been mentioned or not:
I received an e-mail from
PurinaPetCare@profile.purina.com (to which you cannot reply)
Subject: Your Dog Could Send You to Aruba??!!

It says in part:
Enter your 'everyday dog' by uploading a photo then rallying votes on Facebook and Twitter.

The top winners in five fun categories get a Flip™ 4GB Camcorder and move on to compete for the Grand Prize—a trip for two to Aruba!

Contest runs
   November 4 - December 29
   See Official Rules

For each entry we'll donate $1 to Adopt-a-Pet.com
(up to $50,000).

Don't forget to watch The National Dog Show Presented by Purina® and hosted by John O'Hurley on Thanksgiving day, only on NBC.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL. We are not able to respond to e-mails received as a reply to this e-mail.
If you have questions or comments, write to us at: Purina, Office of Consumer Affairs, 901 Chouteau, St. Louis, MO 63102. All trademarks and other intellectual property on this site are owned by Société des Produits Nestlé S.A., Vevey, Switzerland

I am a user of Purina products, however, I have written to the Office of Consumer Affairs that if they continue this campaign, but animals will never eat another bit of any Purina product.  Maybe some monkey has a connection to Purina . . . but a letter writing campaign should not be out of the question IMO

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.