April 18, 2024, 03:17:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #854 11/26/10 - 12/30/10  (Read 400922 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #260 on: December 04, 2010, 10:08:25 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/25024-sr-christiaans-di-gkmb-dialuna-lo-cuminsa-spuit-den-santa-cruz.html

nuff said...

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: December 05, 2010, 12:39:23 AM »

I got a couple books in the mail the other day. Loving Natalee and Into The Deep. So far I've only skimmed through Into The Deep. Having recently graduated with a bachelor's in psychology, I can appreciate the work, and know that I only have a broad education in comparison to higher degrees... but a few questions did come to mind already.

Has anyone read Into The Deep? If so, what are your thoughts?

I'm just curious because after only having skimmed it, my biggest concerns are: did Hodges take into account that English isn't Deepak's first language? It would explain a lot of grammar/spelling mistakes. Also, typing is a much different process than hand writing something. Further, some people might be well-spoken but type horribly. Some people also just aren't very skilled with language.

I tried to find something toward the back about these considerations (if they are made) but didn't find them. Just wondering if someone has read the book completely and would know.

I have no opinions as to what happened yet, I'm just reading up on everything that I can for now.

Thanks -- hope everyone has had a good day today. I spent hours wrapping Christmas presents  I'm getting excited about the holidays, but wish my husband was going to be home! Oh well. We will celebrate Christmas again when he's home. Smile

Hi Dani.  I wanted to acknowledge your post but to be honest, the discussion of Andrew Hodges book was so long ago I honestly don't remember that much about it.  Hodges is a bit of a kook if I remember correct.

Loving Natalee is an awesome book and gives you a good idea exactly what it was like for Natalee's family.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #262 on: December 05, 2010, 12:49:12 AM »

nuff said  Monkey Devil!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #263 on: December 05, 2010, 02:16:10 AM »

nuff said  Monkey Devil!

Monkey Devil!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: December 05, 2010, 03:26:08 AM »

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #265 on: December 05, 2010, 09:24:12 AM »

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
dani
Scared Monkey

dum spiro spero.

« Reply #266 on: December 05, 2010, 10:24:03 AM »

Hi Dani.  I wanted to acknowledge your post but to be honest, the discussion of Andrew Hodges book was so long ago I honestly don't remember that much about it.  Hodges is a bit of a kook if I remember correct.

Loving Natalee is an awesome book and gives you a good idea exactly what it was like for Natalee's family.

That's what I was thinking. He does sound a bit kooky. I'll probably read through it anyway just for kicks. It just sounds way too far fetched to me especially given the context of the medium & the language barriers. 

I started reading Loving Natalee last night, will probably continue today. My husband is going to be so confused when he comes home and finds me engrossed in this case. 

Hope everyone has a good morning!

-- my sailor is home, i am complete! --
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: December 05, 2010, 10:35:48 AM »

Keeping in mind that the Kalpoes have a new attorney for their defamation case.  There were some new motions filed, only the minutes currently available.  Looks like an extension of the trial date has been granted:

Documents Filed (Filing dates listed in descending order)

Click on any of the below link(s) to see documents filed on or before the date indicated:
01/15/2010   06/18/2009   10/07/2008   02/21/2008   08/22/2007   03/01/2007   

12/02/2010 Ex-Parte Application (FOR CONTUANCE OF TRIAL AND TO REOPEN DISCOVERY; MEMORANDUM OF POINTS AND AUTHORITIES IN SUPPORT THEREOF )
Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner

12/02/2010 Proof of Service

12/02/2010 Declaration (OF JOSHUA D. YEARGER PURSUANT TO CALIFORNIA CIVIL DISCOVERY ACT )

11/17/2010 Association of Attorney
Filed by Attorney for Pltf/Petnr

Case Summary

Please make a note of the Case Number.

Click here to access document images for this case. 
If this link fails, you may go to the Case Document Images site and search using the case number displayed on this page.
Case Number: BC363201
DEEPAK KALPOE VS PHILLIP C MCGRAW

Filing Date: 12/13/2006
Case Type: Defamation (Slander/Libel) (General Jurisdiction)

Future Hearings

01/06/2011 at 08:32 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Motion for Summary Judgment (date will likely change)

01/27/2011 at 08:30 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Final Status Conference (T/D 2-7-2011)(date will likely change)

02/07/2011 at 08:32 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Jury Trial (-Final Status Conference-OSC RE: Re Sanctions for Failureof Plntf/Deft Counsel to Appear @FSC)
(date will likely change)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: December 05, 2010, 10:57:46 AM »

http://www.cremerspina.com/yeager.php

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: December 05, 2010, 11:01:10 AM »

Yeager was added to the team back in 2007 I believe. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: December 05, 2010, 11:03:57 AM »

Thanks Klaas.  And thank you to the anonymous donor for paying for the documents.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: December 05, 2010, 11:23:44 AM »

Older article, but I don't remember seeing it before. 

The author did change all of the PR related links to links about Natalee 
...they don't carry over if I copy them here so I've snipped the actual PR article that is referenced.

http://www.auburnmedia.com/wordpress/2010/09/22/aruba-one-happy-island-no-aruba-is-one-scary-island/

Aruba. One Happy Island? No. Aruba Is One Scary Island.
22 SEPTEMBER 2010 262 VIEWS NO COMMENT

A redesign of the new Aruba logo to more accurately depict the island's true nature.

I live in Alabama.  I’m really not the person you want to pitch with news of Aruba’s new rebranding initiative.

That didn’t stop them, though. They pitched me via email today.

A PR agency just found one long list of PR people and sent out the blast email release. Yet one more example of poor PR practice.   I only write of this because it is so ironic that they would pitch me on this story, of all stories.  A truly clueless effort.

Why does Aruba need to rebrand itself?  Because of the horrible way they handled the Natalee Holloway disappearance (and much more).

We in Alabama remember that.  It is the reason the mere mention of Aruba raises angry and bitter feelings.  It is the reason we are certain that Aruba is a horrible place.  They seem to care more about their tourism industry than the safety of those that visit Aruba.

So, I’ll reprint their release. That’s what they wanted, right? I’ll just use different links … and I’ll tell you the reason why they have to do a rebranding.

Now, do you still want to go to Aruba for your vacation?

Do you really want your children to take their Spring Break trips to Aruba?

Yeah, I didn’t think so.

The long string of stories in this Google News search is representative of the reason why Aruba is undertaking this rebranding effort.   Gee, if they would only spend as much effort in finding Holloway and/or truly solving the case.

ARUBA LAUNCHES ‘ONE HAPPY ISLAND’ GLOBAL BRAND IDENTITY,
FEATURING COLORFUL, NEW LOGO AND TAGLINE

Natalee Holloway - the innocent victim of Aruba's disregard for life.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: December 05, 2010, 11:26:22 AM »

Thanks Klaas.  And thank you to the anonymous donor for paying for the documents.   

Thanks to both of you from me too!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: December 05, 2010, 11:38:14 AM »

The redesign by Klaas is the BEST!   

http://www.diario.aw/2010/09/joran-por-fabor-basha-abao-pa-caba/

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #274 on: December 05, 2010, 11:43:14 AM »

I love that Jossy printed it! 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: December 05, 2010, 11:46:24 AM »

What is the hold up?

Janet

++++++

SEPTEMBER, 2010

Van der Sloot: I've 'misused' Holloway case 'for my own advantage'
By the CNN Wire Staff
September 7, 2010 9:11 a.m. EDT

Also Monday, a Peruvian court voted 2-1 to reject van der Sloot's contention that he is being held unlawfully, but the court requires three votes to secure a decision. Alteza said that a fourth jurist will hear the case and cast a vote at a public hearing next week. If that judge votes in favor of van der Sloot, a fifth judge will hear the case to break the tie.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/07/peru.vandersloot/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

DECEMBER, 2010

Van der Sloot not Peru's most notorious prisoner
Last Update: 9:33 am

Meanwhile, down the road at Castro Castro, Joran van der Sloot is still awaiting word his appeal to have his murder confession thrown out of court. His lawyers charge both coercion and procedural improprieties to his confession he murdered 21 year old Stephany Flores after she found material about Natalee Holloway on his computer. Flores corpse was found in van der Sloot's Lima hotel room five years to the day of Natalee Holloway's disappearance on a high school trip to Aruba.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-not-Perus-most-notorious-prisoner/WbjNq4sK0U6QzOspmsOJhA.cspx

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: December 05, 2010, 11:53:43 AM »

ITA   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: December 05, 2010, 12:08:56 PM »

ITA   

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: December 05, 2010, 12:18:00 PM »

Klaas

Thanks for posting the Phil McGraw document.

It appears that the attorneys representing their respective parties are standing firm in their positions.

Have a good Sunday All.

The weather is crazy in our nic of the woods.  In the past month we have had below freezing temperatures ... six inches of snow ... rain rain and more rain and ... yesterday walkers/joggers and bicyclists were making the circuit of the sea wall at Stanley Park in shorts and T-Shirts under clear skies.

Janet
9:10 AM PT

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: December 05, 2010, 01:02:17 PM »

Me too!   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.