March 28, 2024, 05:33:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #854 11/26/10 - 12/30/10  (Read 399335 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #380 on: December 10, 2010, 11:58:42 PM »

MAY 30, 2005

The Proverbial Dreaded Phone Call

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway

Page 23:
  Rested and refreshed, we leave Memphis late Monday morning with Linda driving and Marilyn up front with her.  I take the backseat.  We sail along, chatting like we alway do, talking about our plans for another road trip one day soon.  Marilyn and I are happily speculating about what our daughters' reactions will be when they open their presents to find a set of extraordinary Wizard of Oz figures.  Natalee will gasp with excitement when she sees these.  Before we know it, we've crossed over into Mississippi.  Somewhere amid our conversation, between the chuckles and the small talk, my cell phone rings. I don't recognize the number, but answer it anyway, which I usually don't do.

It's a young girl.  "Mrs. Twitty?  My mom ... umm ... my mom, she umm ... wants to talk to you."  It's the daughter of Judi, the travel agent.  She developed appendicitis right before the trip, so she and Jodi didn't get to go to Aruba.  They are in Birmingham.  It seems like an eternity before Jodi takes the phone.

"Tell me what's going on," I say in a voice much firmer than the one I usually hear coming from my mouth.

She simply says, "Natalee didn't show up this morning to get on the plane."

And instantly I know.  It's more than a mother's intuition.  It's certainty.  Something terrible has happened.  I have just answered the proverbial dreaded phone call that no mother or father every wants to receive.  The one we fear from the moment our children are born.  The one that changes a parent's life forever.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #381 on: December 11, 2010, 12:03:16 AM »

MAY 30, 2005 – MAY 31, 2005

FEARED THE WORST, BUT PRAYED FOR A MIRACLE

Corruption in Paradise - Dave Holloway

Page 6:
  On Monday, May 30, Natalee's trip came to an end, and she was due to fly home to Alabama.  But late in the afternoon, I received a call from Matt telling me that Natalee had missed her flight and that Beth was getting on a plane to Aruba.

Page 7:  Beth had flown out of Birmingham on a friend's private jet as soon as she learned that Natalee had missed her flight.  I contacted a commerical airline and booked the next flight out for 5:30 a.m. the following morning.

Later that night, Matt called again to tell me that Natalee's flight had been rebooked, and she would be coming home the next day.  Someone from Delta Airlines had confirmed that a female had called and changed the flight.

I cancelled my flight, but I was still concerned because no one had heard from Natalee.

The next morning, I started making more calls.  I could not reach Beth, and I was unable to get a member of the Aruban police force to talk to me on the phone about Natalee.

By noon I learned that Natalee was not getting on the plane.  I found out that it had been a chaperone from Natalee's group who had changed her flight in the hopes that she would reappear.  It was then that I knew something tragic must have happened.  I feared the worst, but prayed for a miracle.  I hung up the phone and broke down .....

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #382 on: December 11, 2010, 01:30:08 AM »

Not sure if this is from a recent article or not...I remember the "sunstroke" comment. 

www.facebook.com

Google translation:

Paradise FM Curaçao Peter R de Vries Paradise FM on opposite Renée Gielen
"It is annoying that this kind of drunk theories get serious attention from the press. It's really based on nothing, it's worse than drunk talk."
Read below.
Wednesday at 11:59 am · Share
5 people like this.

Paradise FM Curaçao "There is a reference to a" senior official in the judiciary. "Who is that? Gielen so brave as to the parents of Natalee a huge kick to give than we dare surely also the identity of this man reveal? There is no reason to protect a public official who would keep such a secret. It will never come by that name, because the story is just not true. I do not know what Gielen wrong, but it should at least a sunstroke. It is shocking and unconscionable that the mother and stepfather in this way down. Your daughter lose than just accused you here own hand have had. Has Gielen in her madness sometimes one minute on what they thought the family put it to do?

Also there are so many contradictions in the story. No one would dare speak for fear of reprisals and a further rule that everyone who is back at the airport in question was dismissed. Well, one more reason then to say what you know. It is unfortunate that media Gielen a podium. People who say things like this do you have to give TBS. "
Wednesday at 11:59 am • 4 people ·

Bastiaan van den Berg Antillean newspaper expresses once again ridiculous.
Wednesday at 12:27 PM ·

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #383 on: December 11, 2010, 02:27:35 AM »

Justice for Natalee,

and Stephany!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #384 on: December 11, 2010, 10:03:56 AM »

Portrait of a Monster: Joran van der Sloot, a Murder in Peru, and the Natalee Holloway Mystery [Hardcover]
Lisa Pulitzer (Author), Cole Thompson (Author)
List Price:    $25.99
Price:    $17.15 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
You Save:    $8.84 (34%)
   Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.

This title will be released on July 5, 2011.
Pre-order now!

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Want to receive this the day it comes out?
Release-day delivery option may be available at checkout for most continental U.S. addresses. Details
Ordering for Christmas? This item has a future release date and will arrive after December 25. Need a gift quickly? E-mail or print an Amazon.com Gift Card.

http://www.amazon.com/Portrait-Monster-Natalee-Holloway-Mystery/dp/0312359217

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #385 on: December 11, 2010, 10:18:37 AM »

Joran made the top 10!

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2035319_2034943,00.html

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #386 on: December 11, 2010, 10:27:31 AM »

Not only "Top 10" ...................... Numero Uno!!!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #387 on: December 11, 2010, 11:00:46 AM »

More docs in the K2 vs Dr. Phil case.  It seems the plaintiffs didn't allow enough time for the defendants to respond to the request for trial continuance and the defendants are protesting the ruling.  There are 40+ pages to this doc so I'm going to post the first few then an exhibit.

Exhibit

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #388 on: December 11, 2010, 11:05:36 AM »

This one seems a little odd to me.   

http://www.awe24.com/?main&id=5587&offId=0

Papiamentu translation:

4 hora happen | fecha: 11/12/2010 | horario: 07:08

young of 26 aÑa owing to place end at his life colgando his self at one stam at home of his girlfriend at esso heights

saturday morning early owing to enter informe of one caso of a cu owing to horca curpa at one cas at esso heights, at once owing to dirigi tanto police because; ambulance at the sitio. at arrival of the patrol at the adres owing to come constata one young colga at one stam at the cas. at arrival of ambulance owing to constata cu the young not was give sign of life for cual owing to avisa autoridadnan necesario tanto doctor, fiscal, y recherche. owing to come resulta cu the young francis jose bergrok naci at aruba 12 april 1984 y was live at monserat. the young owing to place end at his life colgando his self at one stam usando shoe but ela haci this at home of his same girlfriend. at famianan of the fayecido is bay we more sincero words of condolencia. we will follow informa, stay pendiente.

See the shoe string tied to the tree...

So he supposedly hung himself there?  Up against that wall?   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #389 on: December 11, 2010, 11:17:34 AM »

Did he have his hand in his pocket?
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #390 on: December 11, 2010, 11:23:15 AM »

Thanks Klaas!  

And as always, thanks to our anonymous monkey for purchasing the documents!  

Klaas, does exhibit 4 have anything that might indicate what the false testimony was?  Or maybe page 9?

TIA

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #391 on: December 11, 2010, 11:25:21 AM »

Did he have his hand in his pocket?

Makes you wonder doesn't it?   

Well I can tell by looking at his covered up body that he was more than three feet tall.   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #392 on: December 11, 2010, 11:31:30 AM »

Thanks Klaas!  

And as always, thanks to our anonymous monkey for purchasing the documents!  

Klaas, does exhibit 4 have anything that might indicate what the false testimony was?  Or maybe page 9?

TIA

I'll look
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #393 on: December 11, 2010, 11:33:32 AM »

Thanks you for posting the document Klaas.

For now it appears that the Kalpoe's defamation case against Phil McGraw is where it is at in regards to the Natalee Holloway case.

However ... "something unexpected" could happen ... somebody could "talk".

Janet

++++++++

OPRAH WINFREY SHOW - January 27, 2008

BETH HOLLOWAY: We've never really relied on an investigative approach to find an answer to Natalee. I think what we've relied on more heavily is that at any given moment something unexpected could happen and we really feel anyone could talk at any moment.

http://www2.oprah.com/world/politics/slide/20080116/politics_284_203.jhtml 

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #394 on: December 11, 2010, 11:35:22 AM »

TM - check your email in a couple seconds
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #395 on: December 11, 2010, 11:59:29 AM »

Amanda Knox Case: Other Americans in Trouble in Foreign Countries

William Browning William Browning – Fri Dec 10, 1:48 pm ET

American Amanda Knox is appealing her conviction in the murder of Meredith Kercher in 2007. The appeal begins on Dec. 11. Knox's parents appeared on British television and Kercher's father appealed for peace to the Daily Mail, as he copes with grieving for his youngest daughter.

Knox is one an example of a foreigner in deep trouble. There are plenty of recent examples, particularly Americans, who go to foreign countries and land in legal trouble or run into foul play through no fault of their own. Here are some prominent cases:

* Natalee Holloway isn't as famous for getting into trouble or running amok, but for her disappearance in Aruba during a 2005 high school trip. Holloway's mother recently went to Peru to confront her alleged murderer and a jawbone fragment was found washed up on a beach in Aruba near Holloway's hotel. Holloway's body has never been found and no one has been convicted in her murder.

* Tiffany Hartley and her husband's disappearance on Falcon Lake, bordering Mexico and the United States, has been under media scrutiny since the story broke in October. The couple was jet-skiing when speed boats approached them and shot David Hartley while he told his wife to get away. David's body has not been found and officials working on the case have been murdered. Drug cartels in the area use the lake for drug running.

* Three American hikers detained in Iran are facing espionage charges and have a trial date of Feb. 6, 2011. On a hiking trip to the Middle East, the trio allegedly strayed into Iran and were taken prisoner in July 2009. Sarah Shourd, the only female in the group, was released earlier this year after paying a large sum of money. Shourd was freed on bail in September so she could deal with health issues while her fiance Shane Bauer and friend Josh Fattal remain in Iran.

* John Yettaw swam through a lake to meet Myanmar's most famous political prisoner Suu Kyi in May 2009, claiming he was sent by God to warn her. When she sheltered the man for two nights, the Burmese government claimed Kyi broke the law, and she spent another 18 months in prison. Kyi was recently released after spending more than seven years in jail. The New York Times reports Yettaw was released in August 2009 after an appeal was made by Virginia Sen. Jim Webb. This was after Yettaw was sentenced to seven years hard labor in Myanmar.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20101210/en_ac/7376370_amanda_knox_case_other_americans_in_trouble_in_foreign_countries_1

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #396 on: December 11, 2010, 01:23:31 PM »

Re: New filing by Plaintiffs

I KNEW THIS WAS CRAPPOLA!!!

What was the judge thinking on Jan. 6th??????????????????????????????

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #397 on: December 11, 2010, 01:25:48 PM »

Re: New filing by Plaintiffs

I KNEW THIS WAS CRAPPOLA!!!

What was the judge thinking on Jan. Dec 6th??????????????????????????????

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #398 on: December 11, 2010, 01:35:50 PM »

Just to clarify ----
I'm talking about the bogus RULING by the Judge on Dec. 6th on the Plaintiffs motion for continuance (not the filing by the Plaintiffs to protest)! 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #399 on: December 11, 2010, 01:37:21 PM »

Just to clarify ----
I'm talking about the bogus RULING by the Judge on Dec. 6th on the Plaintiffs motion for continuance (not the filing by the Plaintiffs Defendents to protest)! 
Geesh!!!! More coffee!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.