April 26, 2024, 10:18:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GM, The Financial Rape Of Taxpayers To Continue?  (Read 927 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 24, 2010, 09:00:13 AM »

GM (and Chrysler) was once described as a healthcare company that also made cars.  Much was written about the fact that all profit, resources, and efforts seem to be consumed in this company to pay for employee and retiree health and welfare benefits.

Today, the health and welfare benefits seem to have been foisted off on taxpayers.

Obamacare provides 'reinsurance' for retiree healthcare.  At the same time, the various unions are exempt from Obamacare.

While working stiffs on Main Street struggle to pay increasing premiums due to Obamacare, they may also have to pay for the gold standard health and welfare benefits received by union members, Wall Street, and others with Cadillac plans that are unaffordable by the masses.

Do the exemptions granted for Obamacare compliance include an exemption from the death panels?  The rationing? 

When does the reinsurance end?  Will it become a perpetual money on the taxpayer back?  A perpetual exemption from the death panels?  Cost controls? 

Why are cost controls bad when private insurance does them, but a necessary evil when government undertakes them?

Will it matter that anyone has unlimited lifetime benefits?  When you get to a certain point and all participants qualify for is pills?  Euthanasia?  No more procedures, hip replacements, or therapy for you! 

If your plan got the 'exemption' and 'reinsurance' under Obamacare, does that mean you'll enjoy your gold plated Cadillac plan forever?  While those with Obamacare and no exemption get the pine box?

While uninsured and poor Americans who can't afford Obamacare get fines/penalties and substandard care, these folks will get their gold Cadillac plan funded by those same people?

When does Obamacare ever become fair for Main Street?

It seems like Main Street gets the death panels, and the shaft, while unions, Wall St. and others get the gold mine. 

Just my humble opinions.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.