March 28, 2024, 05:08:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #855 12/30/10 -  (Read 443613 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: January 04, 2011, 05:04:44 PM »

I've been studying Papiamento for about 6 months or so... and I still have quite a ways to go.

... I know some basics, like how to find the bathroom, order a beer, and compliment someone's grandmother on her pushi bunita. (beautiful pussy cat) 

...and I'm realizing that this papiamentu to english converter is wrong A BUNCH!!!

It's no wonder people find it so confusing. come across

http://papiamentu.donamaro.nl/

Good thing it is free... because you're getting what you pay for when you use it.

So whose pushi bunita are you thinking about complimenting, Carpe?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #161 on: January 04, 2011, 07:04:08 PM »

http://amigoenieuws.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1157:tgo-voor-moordonderzoek-poentje-castro&catid=108:artikelen-aruba&Itemid=199

Google translation:

TGO Poentje Castro for murder investigation

Tuesday, 04 January 2011 8:41 p.m.

ORANGE CITY - The investigation into the murder of TV personality Poentje Castro is a Team Large scale (TGO) deployed. It is the first time that this happens in Aruba. TGO is a reason, says the Public Prosecutor (OM) that the case has no clear or unambiguous clues to identify suspects.

The Public Prosecution and the Police Force Aruba (KPA) would announce this past Friday during a news conference, said spokeswoman Angela Ann OM. The press conference was canceled, however, after some media chief Dolfi Richardson was told that, if not in substance would be changed to the study, they had no interest to the press conference at the Justice building Macuarima to attend.

During the first press conference on the day that Castro had been killed by the police and the public indicated that there is no substance of the matter would be discussed until the investigation is ongoing. Questions from the press were also not answered. However, it was clear that a special team of detectives to the case is put. That this has now been expanded to a TGO has, so let Angela out on behalf of Chief Jack Zondervan, due to the nature of the case. "It is not clear where the assassination of Castro Poentje is all about. There are no clear indications and no person that is a clear suspicion. "

TGO
A TGO means that the police, prosecution and the Criminal Investigation Team (RST) work on the basis of an established organizational model, when a very serious crime occurs (such as a murder or a kidnapping), with no clear who the perpetrator is. "This is such a case," says Angela. "The fact that a famous person was killed, also plays into it." The roles and responsibilities of the police and the public in a TGO thoroughly checked. The idea stems from the so-called Schiedam Park murder "in 2000, an innocent man convicted. Following that case, justice include the TGO was created to improve the detection. Early last month was the possible use of a TGO discussed at the conference Detection Renaissance Convention Center in 2010, where OM, RST and KPA were present.

No arrests
John Anthony 'Poentje' Castro (47) was on Dec. 23 death and with two bullet wounds in his garden found. Investigative journalist and presenter of the popular TV program "Un Dia Den Bida" was held last Thursday buried under much public attention. Since his death, the necessary speculation about a possible motive, but the police and the OM have no substantive ruling on the investigation. As yet there is no one arrested.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: January 04, 2011, 08:26:17 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight at 9pm ET:

crazybabyborg
« Reply #163 on: January 04, 2011, 09:33:38 PM »

CBB

My avatar.  Could you please remove the pointsetta and ... the Christmas tree.  Just me, Ducky and the star will suffice.

Thank you.  You are appreciated.

an angelic monkey

Janet

Leaving it here for Klaas, Janet!    I'll PM her, too!   

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/originals/Tamik7-1.gif

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: January 04, 2011, 09:56:34 PM »

Thank you CBB.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #165 on: January 04, 2011, 10:10:25 PM »

Thank you CBB.

Janet

Thank you Klaas.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #166 on: January 05, 2011, 12:57:25 AM »

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110104006837/en/Aruba-Tourism-Authority-SeaWorld-Parks-Entertainment-Vacation

January 04, 2011 02:36 PM Eastern Time

Aruba Tourism Authority, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment and Vacation Outlet Sponsor the 2011 Boston Globe Travel Show

The Boston Globe Travel Show Takes Place February 11-13, 2011

BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aruba Tourism Authority has signed on as the supporting sponsor for the Boston Globe Travel Show for the sixth consecutive year. SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment and Vacation Outlet are lead sponsors, and Bermuda Tourism and TNT Vacations are contributing sponsors of the 2011 show, which takes place February 11-13 at the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston.

“We look forward to being part of the show again this year and educating visitors on all that Aruba has to offer, from ideal year-round weather and friendly locals, to world class resorts, exquisite cuisines and a wide array of activities.”

The Boston Globe Travel Show is the top-attended consumer travel show in the United States, attracting an affluent and educated audience from throughout New England. In 2010, more than 20,000 consumers and 2,000 travel trade professionals attended the show. More than $5 million in travel was booked on the show floor, across more than 250 exhibitors.

Aruba Tourism Authority has been part of The Boston Globe Travel Show since its inception in 2005. “The Boston Globe Travel Show offers us an opportunity to reach a large number of consumers, many of whom come to the show ready to book a vacation to Aruba. Many are actively seeking out information about the hotels and activities in Aruba, while shopping the show for travel specials and the best value,” said Colleen Lessard, Aruba Hotel & Tourism Association. “We look forward to being part of the show again this year and educating visitors on all that Aruba has to offer, from ideal year-round weather and friendly locals, to world class resorts, exquisite cuisines and a wide array of activities.”

The 2011 Boston Globe Travel Show will feature a variety of pavilions showcasing travel destinations from around the world, cruise specials, adventure travel, vacation rentals, vacation planning and packages, and much more. The show also will include cultural seminars, music and dance presentations, cooking demonstrations, express passport services and an array of activities for the entire family. For the second straight year, the travel show will feature “The Engagement Game” where one lucky couple will win an all-expense paid honeymoon.

Show attendees will learn about new and exciting travel opportunities ranging from budget vacations to luxury escapes, vacation rentals and much more. Those interested in booking a vacation will find great deals onsite. The three-day event features more than 250 travel exhibitors and suppliers, representing every segment of the travel industry and offering detailed information on trips to every region of the world.

Gold and Silver sponsors include Omni Mount Washington Resort, The Bethel Inn Resort, Cruise Travel Outlet, Essex Resort & Spa, Greater Portsmouth Chamber of Commerce and Poland Spring Resort.

Each sponsor will have exhibit space on the show floor to showcase its destination. In addition, many of the sponsors will offer cultural presentations featuring the music, arts or food of their regions. A full list of sponsor activities will be available online closer to the show opening.

The 2011 Boston Globe Travel Show will be open to the public from 5:30-8 p.m. on Friday, February 11; from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Saturday, February 12; and from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Sunday, February 13. Travel trade professionals are welcome throughout the weekend, with an exclusive trade-only viewing time from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Friday, February 13.

For more information about exhibiting at the 2011 Boston Globe Travel Show, visit www.bostonglobetravelshow.com or contact Liesl Robinson at 888/210-8895. To learn more about sponsorship opportunities, contact Ted Petersen at 617/929-7080.

About The Boston Globe:

The Boston Globe is wholly owned by The New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT) , a leading media company with 2009 revenues of $2.4 billion, which includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, 15 other daily newspapers and more than 50 Web sites, including NYTimes.com, Boston.com and About.com. The Company’s core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: January 05, 2011, 01:14:21 AM »

http://peru21.pe/noticia/692348/2010-mirada-global-lo-ocurrido

9:18 WORLD | Sb 01 JAN '11

A comprehensive look at what happened in 2010

In the year ending, the world is torn between hope and tragedy, among the revelations and violence. A review of these events.

snipped

Murder
Murderer of women. On 2 June, the murder of Stephanie Flores , 21, shook Lima. His body was found in a hotel room and it looks miraflorino the Dutchman Joran van der Sloot is responsible. After leak to Chile, the 23-year-old was arrested and deported to Peru, where he was held in the Castro Castro prison pending his trial .

snipped

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: January 05, 2011, 01:42:05 AM »

http://peru21.pe/noticia/692348/2010-mirada-global-lo-ocurrido

9:18 WORLD | Sb 01 JAN '11

A comprehensive look at what happened in 2010

In the year ending, the world is torn between hope and tragedy, among the revelations and violence. A review of these events.

snipped

Murder
Murderer of women. On 2 June, the murder of Stephanie Flores , 21, shook Lima. His body was found in a hotel room and it looks miraflorino the Dutchman Joran van der Sloot is responsible. After leak to Chile, the 23-year-old was arrested and deported to Peru, where he was held in the Castro Castro prison pending his trial .

snipped

http://e.peru21.pe/102/impresa/pdf/2011/01/01/241272.pdf

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: January 05, 2011, 01:47:16 AM »

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2010/09/20/the-face-of-aruba/

http://www.diario.aw/2010/09/joran-por-fabor-basha-abao-pa-caba/

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: January 05, 2011, 02:49:07 AM »

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #171 on: January 05, 2011, 07:33:30 AM »

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: January 05, 2011, 07:58:37 AM »

This is one of my favorite photos of Joran.  He doesn't looks so cocky in this one.  It's been said the eyes are the window to the soul, and in this photo, he has dead, flat eyes.  BTW  Has anyone else noticed how much Joran favors Paulus in this photo, particularly the nose/mouth area?

Then, look at the photos of Natalee and Stephany posted by texasmom.  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9031.msg1285200#msg1285200  Look at their eyes and see warmth and light.     an angelic monkey

All jmho.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #173 on: January 05, 2011, 09:34:29 AM »

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
antunym
Scared Monkey

« Reply #174 on: January 05, 2011, 11:30:43 AM »

Carpe your too damn funny.  LMAO  I remember collecting those cards as a kid, but never dreamed of those names being on there haha.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #175 on: January 05, 2011, 12:47:55 PM »

Thanks Carpe, Love it. A keeper for sure.

2 4 1
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: January 05, 2011, 02:23:32 PM »

Carpe!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: January 05, 2011, 02:24:45 PM »

http://www.awe24.com/?main&id=5910&offId=0

Papiamentu translation:

6 hora happen | fecha: 05/01/2011 | horario: 08:43

damita young owing to drink clorox y owing to intoxica his self severamente, ambulance owing to transporte cu urgencia for hospital

diaranzon morning owing to enter informe of cu have one damita throw on acera near of kowloon in emmastraat, at once owing to dirigi ambulance at the sitio. at arrival of ambulance they're come encontra cu one damita cu is for of conocimiento y was saca, apparently ela drink clorox. at once they owing to place on the cama of ambulance y hibe cu urgencia for hospital. we will follow informa.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: January 05, 2011, 02:33:56 PM »

http://www.slate.com/id/2279942/

"Alas, Poor Yorick ... or Is It Othello?"
Can you tell a person's race from his or her skull?

By Brian Palmer
Posted Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2011, at 4:59 PM ET

Can your jawbone identify your race?
Law enforcement officials are trying to ascertain the owner of a jawbone that washed up on a beach in Aruba last November. They've ruled out missing Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway. Now they're considering Amy Bradley, who disappeared 12 years ago on a Caribbean cruise. The DNA is too damaged to be useful, but investigators say the bone likely belonged to a Caucasian woman. In the absence of DNA, can you really determine race from a jawbone?

Probably not. Forensic anthropologists try to infer the ancestry, gender, and age of human remains by measuring their dimensions and observing their features with the naked eye. The jawbone is one of the more useful bones in the body, as researchers have compiled a number of mandibular traits (PDF) that they think differ slightly between races. For example, if you place an Asian jawbone on a table, the bottom of it will likely maintain contact with the tabletop all the way around. African and Caucasian mandibles, in contrast, tend to undulate, or rise and fall along the lower border. The gonia—that's the area beneath your ears where the jawbone turns upward—generally curve more sharply in an Asian jaw. People of African descent often have slightly curled surfaces on the rear edges of their jaws, whereas European jaws are more likely to have a flatter edge. (Take a look at this picture.) But all of these traits are imprecise indicators. It's impossible to identify a person's ancestry definitively from a single bone.
Investigators can also take bone measurements using calipers, then input the data into a University of Tennessee database containing a reference library of measurements from more than 1,800 bones of known ancestry, age, and gender. The program will determine whether the mystery bone falls within the typical ranges for various racial groups. It's pretty hard to hazard a reliable guess with one or two measurements, since the ranges overlap. But if a series of measurements for a whole skull, or an entire skeleton, tend to fall more comfortably within one range than another, the forensic anthropologist can make a determination.

Racial classification is an inexact science, if that's even the right word for it. Forensic anthropologists never make definitive ancestry pronouncements. They say a bone is "consistent with" European ancestry or "likely" of Asian ancestry. And practitioners say it takes years of experience to achieve mastery, since you have to see piles and piles of disembodied mandibles to be able to recognize the sometimes subtle differences among them. (Although one study (PDF) has suggested that the grizzled veterans of forensic anthropology are no better at surmising race than their bright-eyed protégés.)

The practice of inferring race from bones is also somewhat controversial. While today's forensic anthropologists don't like to talk about it, the discipline has its roots in the pseudoscientific 19th-century practice of using skull measurements to prove Caucasian intellectual superiority. The methodology has improved since then. When researchers develop a hypothesis about racial variation, they conduct blind tests on hundreds or thousands of skulls of known ancestry to test its reliability. They also test their own consistency, looking at the same skulls several times in different orders to make sure they usually make the same call on its structures and shapes.
There are people who think even the modern techniques are bunk. They argue that more physical variability exists between individuals of the same race than between races and point out that less than 15 percent of physical variation can be attributed to race. In addition, marriage between people of differing ancestries has become so common that forensic racial determinations can actually hinder an investigation. If someone had his mother's African jaw and his father's light skin, investigators would be sent out looking for the wrong person, since his neighbors might have considered him white.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: January 05, 2011, 03:20:44 PM »

THE FBI

oceanexploration
 Re: Natalee Case Discussion #739 3/3 -
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2008, 05:47:47 PM  »

There were three ROV dive videos of the trap.

<snipped>

Video 2: Dec 30th - ROV and Diver visual-only inspection of trap.  This is the dive Dateline and Tim Miller witnessed, also the dive footage the screen captures I made came from that were posted by Robin at BNH.  I sent these 6 screen shots to the FBI and the FBI only.

<snipped>

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2668.msg360047#msg360047

IF I WASN'T ABSOLUTELY DISTURBED

Kyle Kingman - In His Own Words

Kyle Kingman
:  If I didn't believe in what I witnessed and what I found, I wouldn't have shared it with anyone, especially on the net. If I wasn't absolutely disturbed at how things turned out because of the project leads and corrupt officials I would NEVER have taken any action on my own.

Kermit

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.