March 28, 2024, 11:36:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #855 12/30/10 -  (Read 443719 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #240 on: January 08, 2011, 10:48:53 PM »

http://www.bear-tracker.com/cougar.html

The tracks in Aruba don't look like mountain lion to me but I'm not an expert.
Like every other animal mystery in Aruba ............... the "lion" is probably a donkey. Drugs and alcohol are major players in Aruba!  Monkey Devil!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: January 09, 2011, 02:27:59 AM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE AND STEPHANY!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #242 on: January 09, 2011, 03:58:34 AM »

God sometimes does try to the uttermost those whom he wishes to bless.
Mohandas Gandhi

an angelic monkey

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #243 on: January 09, 2011, 07:16:14 AM »

http://www.bear-tracker.com/cougar.html

The tracks in Aruba don't look like mountain lion to me but I'm not an expert.
Like every other animal mystery in Aruba ............... the "lion" is probably a donkey. Drugs and alcohol are major players in Aruba!  Monkey Devil!

A new tourist attraction!! BIGFOOT!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #244 on: January 09, 2011, 10:38:15 AM »

Did anyone get a extra ticket to see Beth my sister in law wants to go she now has that day off please email me i think it's too late to get one from the school I will try tomorrow
Blondeonahd@gmail.com TY

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: January 09, 2011, 02:45:42 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/26276-breaking-news-boto-a-bolter-na-rodgers-beach-cu-resultado-fatal.html

Papiamentu translation:

boat owing to bolter at rodgers beach cu result fateful

sunday, 09 january 2011 13:08

almenos cuatro person was abordo one boat of 10 leg at height of rodgers beach cu will owing to bolter debi at one wave big. one person will owing to lose his life, another three owing to being rescata at life incluyendo one child at height of refineria valero. stay pendiente for more info... come across

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: January 09, 2011, 02:52:45 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/26276-breaking-news-boto-a-bolter-na-rodgers-beach-cu-resultado-fatal.html

Papiamentu translation:

boat owing to bolter at rodgers beach cu result fateful

almenos cuatro person was abordo one boat of 10 leg at height of rodgers beach cu will owing to bolter debi at one wave big. one person will owing to lose his life, another three owing to being rescata at life incluyendo one child at height of refineria valero. stay pendiente for more info... come across

Papiamentu translation:

esteban briesen owing to hoga after cu sink owing to bolter at rodgers beach

one caso tristo owing to sosode diadomingo afternoon at rodgers beach caminda he adult end esteban briesen owing to fayece. the first informe owing to enter via the yacht energy cu is haci charter. they owing to beat alarma after cu owing to enter informacion cu one boat bolter y they have two person of cual uno do not give sign of life. wave owing to tapa the boat of diez leg seems y cu all consecuencia cu past owing to sink at 200 metre for of ground. autoridad owing to go cu urgencia.

tug boat gutu of valero also owing to leave because was wordo menciona cu have cu owing to swim arrive in the area of the refineria. also kustwacht owing to saca his boat. at pier of rodgers beach owing to trece the curpa without life of esteban briesen. famianan also owing to arrive at esitio. all the time owing to achieve informacion cu keto go was have a perdi. owing to follow cu the buskeda. the tugboat gutu owing to notifica via his sistema of marine radio cu they're mirando one child is zwaai on baranca pabao of rodgers beach. the personal of kustwacht owing to go at once eynan y owing to come come across cune also. so owing to succeed achieve esnan perdi cu was children while cu the adult owing to hoga. is being menciona cu the is abide of curazon. paz at his restonan y much forza at the family. doctor owing to present at the sitio y constata dead eynan self 1or y 51 of afternoon. come across

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: January 09, 2011, 03:25:08 PM »

Did anyone get a extra ticket to see Beth my sister in law wants to go she now has that day off please email me i think it's too late to get one from the school I will try tomorrow
Blondeonahd@gmail.com TY

I could be wrong but ... I do not think tickets are available at the school.

860-444-5848 (WYS) - Mark

I hope your SIL is able to get a ticket.  I would love to be in Waterford on January 13th to listen to Beth in person as she shares with others the foundation she has drawn her strength from in the past 5 1/2 years.  However ... it is not going to happen.  I am hoping a transcript of video emerges.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: January 09, 2011, 03:31:14 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/26261-maria-isabel-kock-a-traha-su-scriptie-den-un-buki-riba-efecto-nathalee-holloway.html

Papiamentu translation:

maria isabel kock owing to work his scriptie in one book on efecto nathalee holloway

saturday, 08 january 2011 22:36

maria isabel kock is one young cu owing to end of termina his study at the netherlands cu owing to finalisa cu defence of his scriptie. because; cu the exercise of his scriptie had of haber cu turism, past owing to haci entrega of this at minister of turism otmar oduber. the exercise of his scriptie was natalee holloway y his impacto on turism for aruba time cu past owing to desaparece. past owing to scoge for her exercise here basa the atención cu the exercise here was achieve continuamente for of media. eal owing to compila datonan cu past owing to achieve for of cbs, centraal bureau statistiek y of various articulo cu past owing to read. his conclusión is cu the not had influencia negative for aruba, y even can tell cu the was one some positive, this because the hendenan was more conoci cu aruba. the young owing to splica cu the articulonan was bay on cosnan big y owing to base of esey look at kico negative the is trece y esey have to owing to haci the comparación cu the caso of natalee holloway. maria isabel kock owing to study transport logistiek y marketing y after of defende his scriptie cual owing to wordo work on one model completamente new, cu the comisión not owing to comprende mucho, past owing to finalisa his study.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: January 09, 2011, 03:43:51 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/Natalee-Holloways-impact-tourism-demand/dp/3843368759

Natalee Holloway's impact on the tourism demand of Aruba: An unfortunate incident [Paperback]
M. Kock (Author)
Be the first to review this item
Like (0)
Price:   $67.00 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Want it delivered Tuesday, January 11? Order it in the next 22 hours and 20 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details
9 new from $66.99

Product Description
The purpose of this research is to analyze what effect the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, an American teenage girl, had on the tourism demand of Aruba. A review of cases will reveal if personal harm (loss), in combination with media attention, can have an impact on the tourism demand of a location and therefore also give an indication of what can be expected for the case of Aruba. The findings in this research suggest that the tourism demand coming from the three major markets of Aruba did not experience any significant impact from the disappearance of Natalee Holloway incident.

About the Author
As a native to Aruba and an Economics student I wondered if the disappearance of Natalee Holloway would have any effect on the tourism demand of Aruba.

Product Details
Paperback: 100 pages
Publisher: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing (November 16, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 3843368759
ISBN-13: 978-3843368759
Product Dimensions: 8.7 x 5.9 x 0.2 inches
Shipping Weight: 6.9 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: January 09, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »

http://oaithesis.eur.nl/ir/repub/asset/5044/Masterscriptie%20Marisabel%20Kock.pdf

You can read her thesis at the link:

I haven't read much of it yet, I've got a lot going on at the moment.

But in scrolling through I did find this interesting.

snipped

6.2 Recommendations
Possible future research might be able to obtain a better model if the marketing and
promotions budget were to be included.  Due to the lack of cooperation this was not the case.
However this data might be relevant for establishing a more accurate relation between Aruba’s
tourism demand and the impact of the Natalee Holloway incident. Additionally, marketing and
promotions budget undoubtedly have an effect on the tourism demand itself, which could
strengthens the model.

Future tourism policies might want to look at the best way in which such incidents could be
prevented. As can be seen from the results, tourists (American and Dutch) still feel safe on the
island. However if this were to happen on a more frequent basis, this safe image that Aruba
now possess may be tarnished. That is why preventive measure should be put into place, such
as in the case of Jamaica and Saint Lucia, in order to limit the impact of these incidents
recurring

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: January 09, 2011, 03:59:19 PM »

O/T

It's snowing and sticking!   

Now, if the power will just stay on!  :monkeywithherfingerscrossed: 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: January 09, 2011, 04:40:58 PM »

Kyle Kingman, Tim Miller, Tim Trahan and John Silvetti ... think about it very carefully.

Janet

+++++

Parable of the Lamp

Mark 4:21-23

Then Jesus asked them, “Would anyone light a lamp and then put it under a basket or under a bed? Of course not! A lamp is placed on a stand, where its light will shine.  For everything that is hidden will eventually be brought into the open, and every secret will be brought to light.  Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand.”

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: January 09, 2011, 05:12:29 PM »

http://oaithesis.eur.nl/ir/repub/asset/5044/Masterscriptie%20Marisabel%20Kock.pdf

You can read her thesis at the link:

I haven't read much of it yet, I've got a lot going on at the moment.

But in scrolling through I did find this interesting.

snipped

6.2 Recommendations
Possible future research might be able to obtain a better model if the marketing and
promotions budget were to be included.  Due to the lack of cooperation this was not the case.
However this data might be relevant for establishing a more accurate relation between Aruba’s
tourism demand and the impact of the Natalee Holloway incident. Additionally, marketing and
promotions budget undoubtedly have an effect on the tourism demand itself, which could
strengthens the model.

Future tourism policies might want to look at the best way in which such incidents could be
prevented. As can be seen from the results, tourists (American and Dutch) still feel safe on the
island. However if this were to happen on a more frequent basis, this safe image that Aruba
now possess may be tarnished. That is why preventive measure should be put into place, such
as in the case of Jamaica and Saint Lucia, in order to limit the impact of these incidents
recurring

Thanks TM! From the pdf above:

Figure 2: Aruba’s tourism market share

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: January 09, 2011, 05:32:02 PM »

O/T

It's snowing and sticking!   

Now, if the power will just stay on!  :monkeywithherfingerscrossed: 

OT Love the snow, but I hope your power stays on too! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #255 on: January 09, 2011, 05:56:23 PM »

Natalee Holloway's impact on the tourism demand of Aruba: An unfortunate incident [Paperback]
M. Kock (Author)
Like (0)
In Stock.
Want it delivered Tuesday, January 11? Order it in the next 22 hours and 20 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details
9 new from $66.99

Product Description
The purpose of this research is to analyze what effect the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, an American teenage girl, had on the tourism demand of Aruba. A review of cases will reveal if personal harm (loss), in combination with media attention, can have an impact on the tourism demand of a location and therefore also give an indication of what can be expected for the case of Aruba. The findings in this research suggest that the tourism demand coming from the three major markets of Aruba did not experience any significant impact from the disappearance of Natalee Holloway incident.

About the Author
As a native to Aruba and an Economics student I wondered if the disappearance of Natalee Holloway would have any effect on the tourism demand of Aruba.

Product Details

Wow, $67.00 for a 100 page paperback. I wonder how many they will sell at that price?

2 4 1
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #256 on: January 09, 2011, 06:18:43 PM »

M. Kock (Author)
Like (0)
In Stock.
9 new from $66.99

Product Description

About the Author

Product Details

Wow, $67.00 for a 100 page paperback. I wonder how many they will sell at that price?

Yes, I noticed that, too, SuzieQ.  It appears that the publisher concentrates on research articles, thesis, etc.  The author receives an 'attributable commission' and one free copy of the book, which is published for free. 

http://lap-publishing.com/

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: January 09, 2011, 06:46:36 PM »

M. Kock (Author)
Like (0)
In Stock.
9 new from $66.99

Product Description

About the Author

Product Details

I laughed when I saw how much it was...

How many will sell at that price?

IMO...nada.   

My guess is they must not have printed very many of them either.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: January 09, 2011, 10:30:19 PM »

Psalm 28:
The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped.

++++++

THE WORK YET TO BE DONE

Page 189:    It's the proverbial, Biblical conflict between good and evil.  It's very, very hard to fight evil because it constantly changes form and you never know who your enemies are.  And evil is always two steps ahead. From the outset we never had a chance.  But we didn't know it.  I'm taking leave of the island, but not from the work yet to be done.

Page 208-209:  The goal of education is twofold: to bring a message about personal safety to high-school and college students and to educate travellers.  ... Bad things happen everywhere.  But the difference we need to consider when something bad happens outside the country is the help available for the victims and their families.  When we leave these borders, we leave behind all the privileges and rights we're all accustomed to and often take for granted.  We have expectations that there will be a safety net of law-abiding official, no matter where we travel, or that our US embassy will come to our rescue.  But that's terribly naive.

MAKING A DIFFERENCE

Talking To Beth Holloway Five Years After Natalee's Disappearance
05/30/10 1:45 pm

Making A Difference

Beth tells the story of Natalee's disappearance to high school and college students round the nation as part of her work with the Natalee Holloway Resource Center,which launches in D.C. on June 8

"The Natalee Holloway Resource Center is focusing on education and crime prevention, and in the event that a loved one goes missing we have the resources and the contacts to assist the families."

http://www.abc3340.com/news/stories/0510/741129.html

Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

Mayday 360
http://www.mayday360.com/default.aspx

_____

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #259 on: January 09, 2011, 10:37:08 PM »

Please all stay warm, safe from the storms. Watch out for not only ice but black ice.

Sad weekend also for America!

CNN just had the mom and dad of the deceased young girl. She was born on a tragic day (9/11/2001) and died on a tragic day.

God them all those suffering.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.