March 28, 2024, 04:28:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #855 12/30/10 -  (Read 443688 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #280 on: January 12, 2011, 10:44:07 AM »

Yes Wreck - exactly
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #281 on: January 12, 2011, 12:26:03 PM »

an angelic monkey

Natalee's Candles

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5700.0

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #282 on: January 12, 2011, 12:37:32 PM »

http://waterford.patch.com/articles/last-day-to-get-tickets-for-beth-holloway-besides-tomorrow

Last Day To Get Tickets For Beth Holloway, Besides Tomorrow
Waterford High School

Five Things To Know For Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2011

The weather is obviously the big news of the day. Expect heavy snow throughout the entire day, and 18 mph winds, according to weather.com.

There are still tickets available at Youth Services for the Beth Holloway speech Thursday night. Admission is free, but you need a ticket to get into the event.  The speech starts at 7 p.m. in Waterford High School.

As you know, school has been canceled today. The exam schedule at Waterford High School will push back a day.

The best place to sled in Waterford? Waterford High School, or at least that’s what I hear.

A year ago today, an earthquake in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, killed 230,000 people. Many people are still displaced, and the rubble in most places remains.
Quote of the Day

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #283 on: January 12, 2011, 03:31:45 PM »

If all goes according to plan ... ONE MORE SLEEP!!

:smt060Janet

+++++

http://waterfordpolice.org/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=222&Itemid=1

Beth Holloway Presentation FREE EVENT   
12/5/2010

The Waterford Police Department is partnering with Waterford Youth Services and the Waterford School system to present guest speaker Beth Holloway.   The presentation, which will be held January 13th, 2011 at the Waterford High School, is free of charge.  Tickets can be obtained at the Waterford Youth Services building, located at 200 Boston Post Road.  Further details are listed below.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #284 on: January 12, 2011, 06:30:36 PM »

Yes Wreck - exactly
I just can't imagine a judge re-opening "Discovery" one month before a pre-trial hearing and/or an actual trial. Does anyone know how many judges have had this case since the very first filing by the Kalpoes??

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #285 on: January 12, 2011, 06:36:42 PM »

Yes Wreck - exactly
I just can't imagine a judge re-opening "Discovery" one month before a pre-trial hearing and/or an actual trial. Does anyone know how many judges have had this case since the very first filing by the Kalpoes??

I have no idea how many judges, wreck.   

OT  Did you get snow? 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #286 on: January 12, 2011, 06:54:57 PM »

A few familiar faces....

Edgard Sune, Taylor Escobedo, Luis Betancourt, Larissa Bermudez Bolanos

http://www.24ora.com/gallery.html?func=detail&id=26744

http://www.24ora.com/gallery.html?func=detail&id=26743#joomimg

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #287 on: January 12, 2011, 06:55:41 PM »

http://waterford.patch.com/articles/last-day-to-get-tickets-for-beth-holloway-besides-tomorrow

Waterford High School

The weather is obviously the big news of the day. Expect heavy snow throughout the entire day, and 18 mph winds, according to weather.com.

There are still tickets available at Youth Services for the Beth Holloway speech Thursday night. Admission is free, but you need a ticket to get into the event.  The speech starts at 7 p.m. in Waterford High School.

As you know, school has been canceled today. The exam schedule at Waterford High School will push back a day.

The best place to sled in Waterford? Waterford High School, or at least that’s what I hear.

A year ago today, an earthquake in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, killed 230,000 people. Many people are still displaced, and the rubble in most places remains.
Quote of the Day

Beth said she is I'm set to depart in the am. Hopefully the airports may have some clearing by noon
I will the school in the AM. She will update me

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #288 on: January 12, 2011, 06:56:51 PM »

Yes Wreck - exactly

I have no idea how many judges, wreck.   

OT  Did you get snow? 
maybe an inch or so -- but, the roads were always clear. It hasn't been over 30 degrees since Saturday -- very rare for us!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #289 on: January 12, 2011, 07:11:19 PM »

Beth

This Canadian wishes with all her heart that she could be in Waterford CT tomorrow evening.  I know beyond a doubt that your testimony will inspire others and change lives as you reveal "in person and in your own words" what and Who is the source of strength ... strength that has allowed you to not only endure the past 5 1/2 years but to triumph over adversity.  It is my hope that a transcript or video will emerge.

God Bless

Janet

Psalm 28:
The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped.

+++++

Beth Holloway - In Person and In Her Own Words

IMAGINE

When her daughter went missing in Aruba, her life changed forever.  How does one muster the courage to persevere in the face of sheer adversity?  Do we all have the capacity to overcome tragedy?  How does one keep going?  You will be uplifed by the remarkable story of Beth Holloway.  How does she stay strong.  Imagine being able to apply her philosophies of courage, dedication, faith and strength to your own life.

http://waterfordpolice.org/cms/images/forms/bethholloway2_1.pdf

________

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

I NEVER ASK HIM WHY

Pages 100:
He entrusted me with her care for eighteen years.  Now I must trust Him to care for her.  So I never ask Him why.  Why Natalee?  Why me?  I don't ask.  To do that undermines faith.  Instead, I form an "acceptance trust" with Him there on the windy hillside.

NOT THE WORK THAT HAS TO BE DONE.  JUST THE BURDEN

Page 103:
I think about what just happened, pondering the human spirit.  Apparently it can withstand a lot more than I every dreamed possible.  Mom is right; God is good.  All my life I've heard people of many faiths talk about "taking it to the cross and turning it over to the Lord" or just simply "turning it over.  Not the work that has to be done.  Just the burden.  I cast it upon Him so that I may be sustained.  And I am renewed, resilient.  Thankful for however long this resurgence in energy will carry me.  I will pick up one foot and put it down.  Then the other one will follow.  I will breathe.  There is much to be done.

TAKING LEAVE OF THE ISLAND.  NOT FROM THE WORK YET TO BE DONE

Page 189:
    It's the proverbial, Biblical conflict between good and evil.  It's very, very hard to fight evil because it constantly changes form and you never know who your enemies are.  And evil is always two steps ahead. From the outset we never had a chance.  But we didn't know it.  I'm taking leave of the island, but not from the work yet to be done.

MY PLEDGE

Page 200:
  My child.  My beautiful daughter.  I can't save her.  It's too late.  Natalee is gone. And second to the great tragedy of losing her is if we fail to learn from what has happened.  I could be any parent in the world.  And no parent should ever go through this experience.  Natalee could be anyone's daughter.  And in these thoughts a new path is made clear.  There is something I can do.  Many people reached out to us, and I can now reach back to them.  It might be too late to save Natalee, but it's not too late to save others.  And it's time now to make good on my pledge to stand before high-school and college students, law enforcement professinals, victims' rights groups, travelers of all ages, and anyone interested in personal safety to share Natalee's story and our hard lessons, so that others might learn from them.

A CONSCIOUS DECISION EVERY MORNING

Page 219:
I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.

FAITH WILL SEE ME THROUGH

Pages 230/231:
  I can't say for sure if we'll ever know that answer to whether my daughter is alive or not.  I know it doesn't look good.  But just as that old metal spiral staircase rose from the ashes when our lake house burned down, so too faith stands strong in the remains of this devastating loss.  And just as my Dad built another house around that staircase, I will build another life around hope and faith.  It won't ever be the same.  But I pray that it will, at the very least, be useful.  The hope that filled Natalee's heart fills mine, and I will press on.  Faith got me up this morning, and faith will see me through tomorrow.  And the next day.  And the next.

EVERY CHANCE WE GET

Page 232:
  Without hope we are hungry. And on a very deep level, desperate. But no one has to be. What's so amazing is that we can feed each other. We can help each other. We have the power to give resilience to others who are fading. We can nourish each other's spirits and save one another from defeat and despair. Every one of us possesses this power to "love thy neighbor," and we need to use it every chance we get.
______

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #290 on: January 12, 2011, 07:14:00 PM »

Waterford High School

Quote of the Day

Beth said she is I'm set to depart in the am. Hopefully the airports may have some clearing by noon
I will the school in the AM. She will update me

Please be careful if the roads are bad.  I send my best wishes and thoughts to all who will be there, and of course, to Beth.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #291 on: January 12, 2011, 07:28:57 PM »

A Good Sign

According to the forecast ... Waterford, CT will be afforded a day free from snowfall tomorrow.  When the safety of Beth and those planning to attend her speaking engagement is considered ... this is good news.

It snowed about 6 inches in the Fraser Valley of British Columbia last night.  Thankfully ... warmer weather and rain is in the forecast.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #292 on: January 12, 2011, 07:42:36 PM »

"TRAGEDY CREATES AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE"

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

THE GOAL OF EDUCATION

Page 208-209:
  The goal of education is twofold: to bring a message about personal safety to high-school and college students and to educate travellers.  ... Bad things happen everywhere.  But the difference we need to consider when something bad happens outside the country is the help available for the victims and their families.  When we leave these borders, we leave behind all the privileges and rights we're all accustomed to and often take for granted.  We have expectations that there will be a safety net of law-abiding official, no matter where we travel, or that our US embassy will come to our rescue.  But that's terribly naive.

MAKING A DIFFERENCE

Talking To Beth Holloway Five Years After Natalee's Disappearance
05/30/10 1:45 pm

She is now focused on her new life's work which was born out of the death of her daughter.

"Tragedy creates an opportunity to make a difference."

Making A Difference

Beth tells the story of Natalee's disappearance to high school and college students round the nation as part of her work with the Natalee Holloway Resource Center,which launches in D.C. on June 8

"The Natalee Holloway Resource Center is focusing on education and crime prevention, and in the event that a loved one goes missing we have the resources and the contacts to assist the families."

http://www.abc3340.com/news/stories/0510/741129.html

Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

Mayday 360
http://www.mayday360.com/default.aspx

_____

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #293 on: January 12, 2011, 09:50:14 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNR2y2SMXH0

In From Holland a recap of the news for the year 2010

2 4 1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: January 12, 2011, 10:06:09 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNR2y2SMXH0

In From Holland a recap of the news for the year 2010

Thanks SuzieQ.     It doesn't even need translating.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #295 on: January 13, 2011, 01:12:10 AM »

Evaluate request freedom of Joran Van der Sloot

Maximum Altez, Dutch attorney, said defense analyzes this possibility by excessive forcible detention. Van der Sloot still makes a statement instructive.

The attorney for Joran van der Sloot holadés, Maximum Altez, the defense argued that the alleged murderer of Stephany Flores evaluates request release excess forcible detention
"If the process is procrastination we are going to demand her release excess forcible detention (...) I do not see that progress has been made in research. Investigations are as is as they left the police station, "said the 24 hours news.

While the complexity of the case the period of preventive detention against van der Sloot is 18 months and only been nine months since his arrest, Altez Navarro explained that the process does not continue its normal course because his client has not paid testimony before the Fourth Criminal Court, because there is not a certified translator in your language in the judicial system.

However, Edward Alvarez, attorney for the family of the victim, said the Dutch remained silent throughout the process and only after the deadline to give its requested instruction to do so.

In this regard, claimed that his defense was not attributed to the lack of an interpreter the reason that this hearing has not been done yet.

Meanwhile, Altez said the change of judge in the court handling the case will cause a further delay in the process.

http://www.rpp.com.pe/2011-01-12-evaluan-solicitar-libertad-de-joran-van-der-sloot-noticia_326684.html?utm_source=ucayali&utm_medium=ucayalialdia
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #296 on: January 13, 2011, 03:30:58 AM »

http://elcomercio.pe/lima/697884/noticia-abogado-pedira-liberacion-van-der-sloot-exceso-carceleria

Google translation:

Advocate asked Van der Sloot release excess forcible detention

Maximum Altez Counsel indicated that lack of a translator for the Dutch did not perform his preliminary hearing

Thursday January 13, 2011 - 1:53 a.m.

Freedom of Dutch Joran van der Sloot, the alleged murderer of the young Stephany Flores, was next asked to make his counsel because of an apparent excess of the alien faces forcible detention without any advanced research related to the macabre case that occurred in June last year .

Altez maximum indicated that the skills have remained at the point where police were wide and far, after eight months of the crime, the Dutch did not perform his statement before the Fourth Criminal Court.

The period of detention given to Van der Sloot is 18 months due to the complexity of the case that criticize him. However, Altez reported that his client is not within a process run its normal course as the Peruvian judicial system is not credited to a Dutch translator.

To this, the lawyer for the family of Stephanie Flores, Edward Alvarez said: "Throughout the process has remained silent and gives the coincidence that when instruction is the deadline for requests to testify. The lack of an interpreter is not the only cause for which that measure has not been carried out. "

Navarro Altez estimated that the process will expand further due to the change of judge in the court where the case is ventilated. For his part, Alvarez reported that it has requested an additional instructional period, because "now the Dutch want to declare to declare."

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #297 on: January 13, 2011, 04:14:59 AM »

http://www.theday.com/article/20110113/NWS01/301139479/-1/NWS

Mother of teen who vanished in Aruba to speak
By Stephen Chupaska

Publication: The Day

Published 01/13/2011 12:00 AMUpdated 01/13/2011 02:02 AM

Appearance part of Waterford series

Waterford - Beth Holloway, the mother of Natalee Holloway, the 18-year-old woman from Alabama who went missing in Aruba in May 2005, is expected to impart a message of hope, faith and personal safety when she speaks today at Waterford High School.

Waterford Youth Services, which books one or two inspirational speakers a year to address young people and others in the region, is sponsoring the 7 p.m. talk.

"We usually have an athlete or something like that," Youth Services Director Dani Gorman said. "But we thought Beth Holloway would be something different."

Gorman said she saw Holloway speak at a gathering of law enforcement officials and thought she would be good to bring to Waterford.

"(Holloway) speaks frequently to police and to kids about her daughter's story and the lessons she learned," Gorman said. "She's a fighter."

The Natalee Holloway case, which became a staple of cable news programs in the summer of 2005, is unresolved.

On May 30, 2005, six days after she graduated from high school, Holloway did not return home after a vacation with friends and was reported missing.

She was reportedly last seen outside a restaurant in Oranjestad, the Aruban capital. The main suspect, Joran van der Sloot, a Dutch national, was arrested and then released during the investigation. Van der Sloot has since been charged with the murder of a female university student in Lima, Peru.

In response to her daughter's disappearance, Holloway founded International Safe Travels Foundation, which works to raise awareness about overseas travel and laws.

Kathy Drenga of Preston, a former member of Scared Monkeys, a group that helps to raise awareness of missing persons cases, said Holloway often talks to young people and parents about legal systems in foreign countries.

"Things are not handled in the same way as they are in the United States," Drenga said.

The talk, which is open to people around the region, is free, but those attending must have a ticket.

Call Waterford Youth Services at (860) 444-5848 for ticket information.

s.chupaska@theday.com

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #298 on: January 13, 2011, 04:32:23 AM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE AND STEPHANY!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #299 on: January 13, 2011, 08:56:37 AM »

Joran van der Sloot could be free from excess forcible detention

The attorney for Joran van der Sloot holadés, Maximum Altez, the defense argued that the alleged murderer of Stephany Flores evaluates requests to release excess forcible detention

"If the process is procrastination we are going to demand her release excess forcible detention (...) I do not see that progress has been made in research. Investigations are as is as they left the police station, "said the 24 hours news.

While the complexity of the case the period of preventive detention against van der Sloot is 18 months and only been nine months since his arrest, Altez Navarro explained that the process does not continue its normal course because his client has not paid testimony before the Fourth Criminal Court, because there is not a certified translator in your language in the judicial system.

However, Edward Alvarez, attorney for the family of the victim, said the Dutch remained silent throughout the process and only after the deadline to give its requested instruction to do so.

In this regard, claimed that his defense was not attributed to the lack of an interpreter the reason that this hearing has not been done yet.

Meanwhile, Altez said the change of judge in the court handling the case will cause a further delay in the process.

http://www.tvo-peru.com/2011/01/joran-van-der-sloot-podria-quedar-libre-por-exceso-de-carceleria/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.