March 28, 2024, 03:23:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #855 12/30/10 -  (Read 443607 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #300 on: January 13, 2011, 08:58:24 AM »

Advocate evaluates demand release of Joran van der Sloot

Maximum Altez, a Dutch lawyer of Joran van der Sloot, held at the maximum security prison Miguel Castro Castro as the alleged murderer of Stephany Flores, said it would request the release of his client in excess of forcible detention.

"If the process is procrastination we are going to demand her release excess forcible detention (...) I do not see that progress has been made in research and are as such as they left the police station, " said the 24 hours news.

As a complex case, the period of detention for the Dutchman is 18 months and so far only been nine months since his arrest.

Counsel also explained that the process does not continue its normal course because Van der Sloot has not surrendered his testimony before the Fourth Criminal Court, as there is no accredited translators in your language in the judicial system.

However, the Flores family's lawyer, Edward Alvarez, said the Dutch remained silent throughout the process and only after the deadline to give its requested instruction to do so.

http://noticias.terra.com.pe/nacional/abogado-evalua-pedir-liberacion-de-joran-van-der-sloot,2ce2594f59e7d210VgnVCM10000098f154d0RCRD.html
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: January 13, 2011, 12:55:38 PM »

http://www.theday.com/article/20110113/NWS01/301139479/-1/NWS

Mother of teen who vanished in Aruba to speak
By Stephen Chupaska

Publication: The Day

Published 01/13/2011 12:00 AMUpdated 01/13/2011 02:02 AM

Appearance part of Waterford series

Waterford - Beth Holloway, the mother of Natalee Holloway, the 18-year-old woman from Alabama who went missing in Aruba in May 2005, is expected to impart a message of hope, faith and personal safety when she speaks today at Waterford High School.

Waterford Youth Services, which books one or two inspirational speakers a year to address young people and others in the region, is sponsoring the 7 p.m. talk.

"We usually have an athlete or something like that," Youth Services Director Dani Gorman said. "But we thought Beth Holloway would be something different."

Gorman said she saw Holloway speak at a gathering of law enforcement officials and thought she would be good to bring to Waterford.

"(Holloway) speaks frequently to police and to kids about her daughter's story and the lessons she learned," Gorman said. "She's a fighter."

The Natalee Holloway case, which became a staple of cable news programs in the summer of 2005, is unresolved.

On May 30, 2005, six days after she graduated from high school, Holloway did not return home after a vacation with friends and was reported missing.

She was reportedly last seen outside a restaurant in Oranjestad, the Aruban capital. The main suspect, Joran van der Sloot, a Dutch national, was arrested and then released during the investigation. Van der Sloot has since been charged with the murder of a female university student in Lima, Peru.

In response to her daughter's disappearance, Holloway founded International Safe Travels Foundation, which works to raise awareness about overseas travel and laws.

Kathy Drenga of Preston, a former member of Scared Monkeys, a group that helps to raise awareness of missing persons cases, said Holloway often talks to young people and parents about legal systems in foreign countries.

"Things are not handled in the same way as they are in the United States," Drenga said.

The talk, which is open to people around the region, is free, but those attending must have a ticket.

Call Waterford Youth Services at (860) 444-5848 for ticket information.

s.chupaska@theday.com

Where did Hotshot/Kathy come from???

Hotshot despicably bashed Kermit for exposing Kyle Kingman's own words ... words that exposed the Persistence betrayal of Natalee Holloway and her family ... the Persistence betrayal that furthered the Aruban cover up agenda that has prevented justice from prevailing since May 30, 2005.

Janet

+++++

Hotshot
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #781 12/3/08 -
« Reply #202 on: December 04, 2008, 03:07:37 AM »

... You guys are going to look really silly in the end for downing the people like silvetti, and Kyle, and CAPS.  There must be more to do with your time then pick on the ones who actually go out of their way to help.  I do not see anyone here going out there to actually help as these people did ..

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4186.msg565899#msg565899

Hotshot
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #777 11/21/08 thru
« Reply #258 on: November 22, 2008, 02:53:44 AM »

CAPS knows Silvetti from me  Silvetti did do the pond and then they wouldnt let him back in after all the maps were made of the pond.  About Jossy, i know nothing about that.  I was the one who told CAPS to go to the ship and wait for John.  And I do know who CAPS is. ...

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4159.240

Hotshot
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #791 1/6/09 -
« Reply #498 on: January 08, 2009, 09:15:29 AM »

Beth is a very good woman, don't get me wrong, but what is OK with her doesn't mean the rest of the family is OK with it.  The movie coming out is one of those things.  Dave soesn't want the lifetime movie.  He says enough is enough, "Thats my little girl".

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4351.msg617348;topicseen#msg617348

REMINDER

Absolutely Disturbed

Kyle Kingman - In His Own Words

Kyle Kingman
:  If I didn't believe in what I witnessed and what I found, I wouldn't have shared it with anyone, especially on the net.  If I wasn't absolutely disturbed at how things turned out because of the project leads and corrupt officials I would NEVER have taken any action on my own.

Kermit

Six Screenshots

oceanexploration
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #739 3/3 -
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2008, 05:47:47 PM  »

Video 2: Dec 30th - .... I sent these 6 screen shots to the FBI and the FBI only.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2668.msg360047#msg360047

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #302 on: January 13, 2011, 01:03:11 PM »

LoL Janet... I had to Rolling Eyes when I saw Kathy's name in that article.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: January 13, 2011, 01:09:42 PM »

Advocate evaluates demand release of Joran van der Sloot

Maximum Altez, a Dutch lawyer of Joran van der Sloot, held at the maximum security prison Miguel Castro Castro as the alleged murderer of Stephany Flores, said it would request the release of his client in excess of forcible detention.

"If the process is procrastination we are going to demand her release excess forcible detention (...) I do not see that progress has been made in research and are as such as they left the police station, " said the 24 hours news.

As a complex case, the period of detention for the Dutchman is 18 months and so far only been nine months since his arrest.

Counsel also explained that the process does not continue its normal course because Van der Sloot has not surrendered his testimony before the Fourth Criminal Court, as there is no accredited translators in your language in the judicial system.

However, the Flores family's lawyer, Edward Alvarez, said the Dutch remained silent throughout the process and only after the deadline to give its requested instruction to do so.

http://noticias.terra.com.pe/nacional/abogado-evalua-pedir-liberacion-de-joran-van-der-sloot,2ce2594f59e7d210VgnVCM10000098f154d0RCRD.html

What is the holdup?  It has now been four months since a fourth jury member was to cast a vote and ... nothing.

The silence out of Aruba has been deafening.  Are negotiations between the Netherlands/Aruba and Peru going on behind the scene?  I have that hinky feeling.

Janet

+++++

SEPTEMBER, 2010

Van der Sloot: I've 'misused' Holloway case 'for my own advantage'
By the CNN Wire Staff
September 7, 2010 9:11 a.m. EDT

Also Monday, a Peruvian court voted 2-1 to reject van der Sloot's contention that he is being held unlawfully, but the court requires three votes to secure a decision. Alteza said that a fourth jurist will hear the case and cast a vote at a public hearing next week. If that judge votes in favor of van der Sloot, a fifth judge will hear the case to break the tie.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/07/peru.vandersloot/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

DECEMBER, 2010

Van der Sloot not Peru's most notorious prisoner
Last Update: 9:33 am

Meanwhile, down the road at Castro Castro, Joran van der Sloot is still awaiting word his appeal to have his murder confession thrown out of court. His lawyers charge both coercion and procedural improprieties to his confession he murdered 21 year old Stephany Flores after she found material about Natalee Holloway on his computer. Flores corpse was found in van der Sloot's Lima hotel room five years to the day of Natalee Holloway's disappearance on a high school trip to Aruba.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-not-Perus-most-notorious-prisoner/WbjNq4sK0U6QzOspmsOJhA.cspx

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: January 13, 2011, 01:14:38 PM »

Nut

I don't know what to think.

Janet

_____

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: January 13, 2011, 01:14:50 PM »

Good question. He cannot be released. He is a danger to society. He will kill again (just like I said way back when, and he did).

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #306 on: January 13, 2011, 01:17:23 PM »

Prescott is north of Waterford....likely she'll be there tonight. 

There are a couple of comments to that article but I can't access them....hmmm.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #307 on: January 13, 2011, 01:24:00 PM »

N2J Here are the comments

Cynic Posted - January 13, 2011 07:39 AM

As usual, The Day gets basic facts wrong. Natalee was not last seen "outside a restaurant"; she was last seen being driven away in a car by Joran van der Sloot and two of his acquaintances, Deepak and Satish Kalpoe.

More than five years later, Aruba (the economy of which is 80 percent dependent on US tourism) continues to lie, evade responsibility, and do anything it can to thwart an investigation. I work with Beth Holloway in a volunteer capacity, along with families of some other missing people in the Caribbean and elsewhere, and am disgusted at the supine US response. I hope that there is a good turnout for this talk.

(Report Abuse)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh My Posted - January 13, 2011 06:55 AM

Beth, hope your still coming as far as the snow goes. Your strength through all of this is amazing, I must say I would not have handled things the way you have gracefully. See you tonight!

http://www.theday.com/article/20110113/NWS01/301139479/-1/NWS

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #308 on: January 13, 2011, 01:24:21 PM »

Prescott is north of Waterford....likely she'll be there tonight. 

There are a couple of comments to that article but I can't access them....hmmm.

Got them

CynicPosted - January 13, 2011 07:39 AM

As usual, The Day gets basic facts wrong. Natalee was not last seen "outside a restaurant"; she was last seen being driven away in a car by Joran van der Sloot and two of his acquaintances, Deepak and Satish Kalpoe.

More than five years later, Aruba (the economy of which is 80 percent dependent on US tourism) continues to lie, evade responsibility, and do anything it can to thwart an investigation. I work with Beth Holloway in a volunteer capacity, along with families of some other missing people in the Caribbean and elsewhere, and am disgusted at the supine US response. I hope that there is a good turnout for this talk.

(Report Abuse)

Oh MyPosted - January 13, 2011 06:55 AM

Beth, hope your still coming as far as the snow goes. Your strength through all of this is amazing, I must say I would not have handled things the way you have gracefully. See you tonight!

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #309 on: January 13, 2011, 01:25:24 PM »

Thanks, Nut!

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #310 on: January 13, 2011, 01:27:44 PM »

Smile

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #311 on: January 13, 2011, 01:43:31 PM »

It's still on for tonight.
Got a email from Beth she was in flight..
I just wish we can all get along , this is for Natalee.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: January 13, 2011, 01:48:14 PM »

Good question. He cannot be released. He is a danger to society. He will kill again (just like I said way back when, and he did).

Natalee's stepfather and uncle also saw the writting on the wall.

Janet

+++++++

Time Bomb

Nancy Grace - February 15, 2008

JUG TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY`S STEPFATHER:  ... I`ll tell you what really made me sick today to be honest with you is to see his U.S. attorney, Joe Tacopina, whoever, who has been kind of hiding for the last week because he didn`t know what was going to happen all of a sudden come on and he`s all over the TV now. And he is just saying, you know, with a smirk on his face, which just it makes me sick ... I told you so, nothing was going to happen. When he knows Joran is a time bomb just waiting to blow up.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0802/15/ng.01.html

For the Love of Joran

private eye
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #749 4/24 -
« Reply #367 on: April 27, 2008, 12:38:30 PM »

I am amazed that the people who love or care for Joran do not yet see that he needs the help that can only be provided by him going to the authorities and telling the entire truth. Being rejected by society, labled as a criminal, all are taking a horrible toll on Joran that is going to fuel his addictions and push him further and further into a self destructive lifestyle. I would think his mother would recognize Joran's needs, and see the benefit he would gain even from incarceration. Isn't an investment of five or so years worth a return of trhe rest of Joran's life? .... 

It is very telling that Beth's life is getting brighter every day, considering her loss, yet Joran the boy who "got away with it" is descending deeper and deeper into a self convicted sentence of life without parole unless he confesses. He will never, never be able to move on from this without repentance. Corny, yes, self serving, yes I want him to tell the truth, but is it the absolute truth, the absolute gospel, yes. Surprise, no, it is as the Bible teaches.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2804.msg377586#msg377586

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: January 13, 2011, 01:53:29 PM »

Thanks Blonde.

The weatherman cooperated.

Janet

_____

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #314 on: January 13, 2011, 02:00:58 PM »

Good, Blonde.

Who's not getting along? 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #315 on: January 13, 2011, 04:01:33 PM »

...............at least it said FORMER member!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #316 on: January 13, 2011, 09:36:50 PM »

Isn't this the same place Loco Steph is working at too? 

http://www.arubatoday.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=15&Itemid=26

Amazonia Launches the Midnight Lounge   
Wednesday, 12 January 2011

PALM BEACH – Night owls who make Palm Beach their weekend destination will be pleased to see the terrace at Amazonia Churrascaria open until late, offering great music over cocktails and snacks.  The deck overlooking Palm Beach road will be set up as a stylish lounge every Friday and Saturday, inviting patrons to listen to live DJ mixing, or to dance the night away in the tropical ambiance. As a perfect complement to a chic evening, the Amazonia Churrascaria kitchen prepared a list of delectable hors d’oeuvres such as Chicken and Pineapple Pinchos, BBQ Wings with Garlic Sauce, Brazilian Chorizo with Fried Polenta, Amazonia BBQ Rib Sticks, Tenderloin and Yucca with Chimichurri Sauce, Mushrooms Stir Fried in Parsley and Garlic Oil, and Mejillones Sebastian, which are Mussels Braised with White Wine and Fish Stock, ready to delight party-goers to the wee hours.
The midnight Lounge at Amazonia Churrascaria is open and ready to receive Aruba’s beautiful people on their weekend adventures, with restaurant manager Michael Ras as the host!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: January 13, 2011, 09:38:47 PM »

Got a email from Beth she was in flight..I just wish we can all get along , this is for Natalee.

Thanks Blonde.

The weatherman cooperated.

Janet

Tap Tap Tap

Any updates?  Patience is definitely not one of my virtures.

Janet

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #318 on: January 13, 2011, 09:57:32 PM »

Isn't this the same place Loco Steph is working at too? 

http://www.arubatoday.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=15&Itemid=26

Amazonia Launches the Midnight Lounge   
Wednesday, 12 January 2011

PALM BEACH – Night owls who make Palm Beach their weekend destination will be pleased to see the terrace at Amazonia Churrascaria open until late, offering great music over cocktails and snacks.  The deck overlooking Palm Beach road will be set up as a stylish lounge every Friday and Saturday, inviting patrons to listen to live DJ mixing, or to dance the night away in the tropical ambiance. As a perfect complement to a chic evening, the Amazonia Churrascaria kitchen prepared a list of delectable hors d’oeuvres such as Chicken and Pineapple Pinchos, BBQ Wings with Garlic Sauce, Brazilian Chorizo with Fried Polenta, Amazonia BBQ Rib Sticks, Tenderloin and Yucca with Chimichurri Sauce, Mushrooms Stir Fried in Parsley and Garlic Oil, and Mejillones Sebastian, which are Mussels Braised with White Wine and Fish Stock, ready to delight party-goers to the wee hours.
The midnight Lounge at Amazonia Churrascaria is open and ready to receive Aruba’s beautiful people on their weekend adventures, with restaurant manager Michael Ras as the host!

Yep, thought so...Klaas posted this article a while back.

http://issuu.com/themorningnews/docs/december_15__2010

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #319 on: January 13, 2011, 10:32:38 PM »

Looks like the same place to me.  One is the restaurant and the other is the Lounge.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.