March 28, 2024, 05:45:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #855 12/30/10 -  (Read 443620 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #320 on: January 13, 2011, 10:38:36 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/26436-funvisis-ta-confirma-tabatin-temblor-14km-for-di-aruba.html

funvisis is confirma: had earthquake 14km for of aruba

thursday, 13 january 2011 09:18

aruba is the country more close of the earthquake cu owing to stay raporta awemainta, so funvisis (la fundación venezolana de investigaciones sismológicas) owing to informa. the earthquake did take luga for 7:08am at one profundidad of 7.8km below ; lama y cu one magnitude of 2.8 mw. the epicentro was situa at 12.58grado north (latitud) y 70.10 degree west (longtitud) cu is stay 14km noord-oost of aruba y 92km east of the island los monjes. come across

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/26432-a-sinti-temblor-na-aruba.html

owing to feel earthquake at aruba

thursday, 13 january 2011 08:22 several call is raporta cu today diahuebs alrededor of 7:10am owing to feel one earthquake at several part of we island. via radio, oyentenan was calling tell cu owing to feel one movecion sismico at santa cruz, paradera y north (un parti). the same yamadanan is raporta cu owing to feel one sound also. even is recorda cu year happen, in the same dianan so algo similar owing to sosode. not owing to enter informacion oficial of instancianan competente relaciona cu the actividad sismico here. imagen saca via google.

http://bb.visitaruba.com/f2/auba-rattled-earthquake-venezuela-13571/

Aruba rattled by earthquake in Venezuela

This was posted on another board along with other posts regarding the quake

Aruba was shook by a 4.3 magnitude earthquake at 04:15 this morning. There are no reports so far of injuries and damage to structures. The tremor was felt all over the island. Citizens report windows shaken and roaring noise as if a heavy truck was passing by. The quake lasted for approximately 5 seconds. Some people have reported a second tremor. Some people reported a very strong wind gust just after quake.

The islands of Curacao and Bonaire also felt the tremor but not as strong as Aruba. There are reports that the surf around the island of Aruba was a little rough after the quake.

This tremor was felt on the island, because it was near Aruba at sea and because of the magnitude, which is considered moderate. It is believed that the earthquake felt in Aruba is a reaction to the strong earthquake that struck the south of Haiti yesterday evening.

Aruba is near the boarder of the Caribbean and South American plate. While the Caribbean plate and North American plate goes through the island of Hispanola.

snipped

Wednesday, January 13th, 2010, 09:18 AM

aquaman 

Re: Auba rattled by earthquake in Venezuela
Here is an interesting link to where the Epicentre was.

http://www.24ora.com/images/stories/.../epicentro.jpg

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #321 on: January 14, 2011, 12:36:02 AM »

http://www.facebook.com/titolacle?sk=wall

Tito Lacle
So whats the deal with this 'escaped' lion? should we temporary stop the boa hunt, and start hunting for this beast?
Tuesday at 7:46am · Share
6 people like this.

Tisa LaSorte Will the lion kill the boas?
Tuesday at 7:48am ·  1 person

Melissah Croes Wait until someone's dead-then they will start mobilizing people !!!!!
Tuesday at 7:48am

Ingela Lacle Or maybe the boas will kill the lion?
Tuesday at 7:48am via Facebook Mobile ·  1 person

Jan Falcone yes, if you like hunting at night!
Tuesday at 7:51am

Garrick Lacle Si laga bo cachonan bai buscanan tambe!
Tuesday at 7:56am

Dilma Arends Geerman miauwwwww......
Tuesday at 7:57am ·  1 person

Margaret Wever I would love to know whose it is. And it is an idea...people walk from bus to home at night, kids paly outside...if true and so, many easy preys out there and hopefully he can be kept in one area and captured soon. This could end in a horrible tragedy and worse publicity than a shark attack.
Tuesday at 8:12am

Muzaninn Wever someone mentioned it escaped from the merryweather zoo when it was small; but I doubt a lion can escape and survive unnoticed for all this time. When they capture it, they should send it to Africa where it can run free in the wild. Aruba captivitiy is no habitat for lions!
Tuesday at 8:45am

Garrick Lacle Mande CMB pe cuida e kluis
Tuesday at 8:50am ·  1 person

Joward de Cuba Nan haye trece mi cas, mi ta buscando security pa mi cas!
Tuesday at 9:36am

Julia Renfro Shaking head back and forth saying no, no, no while thinking about Nasty Grace talking about how not only do we allow criminals to walk amongst the tourists, but also lions, tigers and bears. Oh My!
Tuesday at 10:29am ·  1 person

Myrna V Henriquez Bo kermeen ku tin un leon di berdad? Mi a kere ku tawata un promotion di CMB....omg...
Tuesday at 11:05am ·  1 person

Ilona Henriquez Here putty putty putty.....
Tuesday at 9:30pm

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: January 14, 2011, 12:46:20 AM »

http://waterford.patch.com/articles/our-patch-winner-and-beth-holloway-tonight

snipped

Despite the snow, Beth Holloway’s presentation tonight at 7 p.m. at Waterford High School is still on. Waterford Patch will be there and a story will be up Friday. So, something to look forward to tomorrow.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: January 14, 2011, 12:49:12 AM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE AND STEPHANY!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: January 14, 2011, 12:56:28 AM »

http://waterford.patch.com/articles/our-patch-winner-and-beth-holloway-tonight

snipped

Despite the snow, Beth Holloway’s presentation tonight at 7 p.m. at Waterford High School is still on. Waterford Patch will be there and a story will be up Friday. So, something to look forward to tomorrow.

Thanks TM!
kkthy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #325 on: January 14, 2011, 05:54:44 AM »

It's still on for tonight.
Got a email from Beth she was in flight..I just wish we can all get along , this is for Natalee.

Thanks Blonde.

The weatherman cooperated.

Janet

Tap Tap Tap

Any updates?  Patience is definitely not one of my virtures.

Janet

The presentation last night was amazing.   My co-worker's niece was able to get us in the reserved seating area up front.  Also, anyone in that area was able to go to a reception that followed, so we were able to meet and talk with Beth Holloway! We shared with her who we were and talked about the experience of communicating with the authorities and the translation difficulties as well.  I can only imagine what she had to deal with back in 2005. Sad Beth seemed to feel thankful that thoughts of Natalee came to mind immediately when the jawbone was found.  It just made her realize that her determination and the help of many others have kept Natalee's story alive and that Natalee is NOT going to be forgotten.  She is absolutely a pillar of strength.  Her presentations should be to a room full of high school students in EVERY town and in EVERY state because the message that she brings.  I am so thankful to have been there.  I also had the pleasure of meeting Blonde and talk with her.  My friends were able to share some information with her as well.  All in all it was a night that I will never forget. 

Unforgotten....

A smile goes a long way.... Smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: January 14, 2011, 08:50:53 AM »

Thanks kkthy!   

I agree with you, I wish every HS student could hear Beth's message.

She's awesome!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: January 14, 2011, 08:55:30 AM »

Beth Holloway: From Victim To Victor

A Tale Of Caution And Resiliency Presented To Waterford
By Paul Petrone | Email the author | 5:55am Add a comment (0 comments )

Beth Holloway poses with fan Angie Pelletieu.

Credit Paul Petrone Photos (1)  Credit Paul Petrone http://o2.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/273x203/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/b3b41be408416530463394efc4a9f7b8

On May 25, 2005, one day after graduating from high school, 18-year-old Natalee Holloway was headed out the door for her senior trip. Her mother asked her if she had her sunscreen, passport and so on.

“At first, ‘yes, ma’am,’ then finally, ‘yes, Mom!” said Beth Holloway, recalling the words of her daughter, who had grown tired of the questioning.

So Beth backed off and watched her daughter get into a car headed to the airport. Natalee was off to Aruba with her classmates on a four-day excursion before getting ready to head to the University of Alabama on a full scholarship.

It would be the last time Beth Holloway would ever see her daughter.           

“After all I went through, I have every right to get in a hole and never get out,” Holloway said. “But I have chosen not to do that. We have choices on how to live our lives.”

On Thursday night in front of hundreds of people in the Waterford High School auditorium, Holloway told her story of pain and suffering, and her frustration at the Aruba police departments. More than five years after Natalee disappeared, the case remains unsolved.

On May 30, the last day of the senior trip, Natalee Holloway went to Carlos’n Charlie’s, a popular nightclub. There, Holloway met 17-year-old Joran van der Sloot, who reportedly bought her alcoholic drinks, including a shot of Bacardi 151, which has nearly twice the alcohol level of a normal shot.

Then, things become blurry. Holloway went into Van der Sloot’s car and then they engaged in sexual activities. It is not known if the sex was consensual. Everything after that is completely unknown, except one thing: Nobody has seen Natalee Holloway since.

Police Response

Once Beth Holloway received word later that day that her daughter had not arrived at the airport, panic struck.

“In that moment I got the call that all parents dread the minute our child is born,” Holloway said. “From that day, my life was changed forever.”

Holloway immediately flew to Aruba to search for her daughter. She contacted Aruban police, although soon realized they would be little help.

The police said to wait, that she would be returned home when the crack addicts who likely abducted her ran through her money, Holloway said. Police told her it was common for crack addicts to kidnap tourists, get them high on crack, steal their money and credit cards and then drop them back off at Carlos’n Charlie’s, Holloway said.

Refusing to just sit and wait, Holloway went on the offensive. She went to dozens upon dozens of crack houses looking for her daughter, only to find nothing.

Holloway soon heard of Van der Sloot, the last person to see Natalee Holloway alive. She confronted him, eager for details.

Van der Sloot said he had sex with Natalee Holloway, and then dropped her off at her hotel. Hotel security footage never showed Natalee Holloway return that night, Beth Holloway said.

Van der Sloot was eventually taken into custody by Aruban police, where he gave 22 different versions of what happened that night, Holloway said. Still, no search warrant was ever granted to search his home, and he was never formally charged with any crime.

Throughout this initial phase, Holloway did not shower, barely slept and hardly ate. After the original four days of constant searching for her daughter, and getting nowhere with police, Holloway began to break down mentally and physically.

“After being numb for so many days there was pain now, torturous pain,” she said. "I knew I had to find a place to pray.”

She tracked down a cab, which took her to a chapel. There, Holloway kneeled and begged for answers.

“I know in that moment, Natalee was with God,” Holloway said. “And I (was) in peace.”

Holloway would continue the search, and continues to this day. Nobody has ever been charged with any crime related to the disappearance, and Natalee’s body was never found.

Van der Sloot was charged with first-degree murder in Peru for allegedly killing Stephany Flores Ramírez on May 30, 2010, exactly five years after Natalee Holloway's disappearance.

Beth Holloway’s Mission

On Thursday, Beth Holloway did not speak to Waterford residents just to rehash the mystery surrounding her daughter’s disappearance. She also pushed for people to take care of themselves and have a plan of action when going anywhere, especially out of the country.

“Our children must know their personal safety is up to them,” Holloway said. “(Teenagers are) too old to be guarded by us, but too young not to be reminded that there are dangerous people and dangerous places.”

Holloway pushed her “360 full safety plan,” where teenagers should not just plan where they are going, but how they are getting home. She also started the Natalee Holloway Research Center at the National Museum of Crime & Punishment to aid families of missing persons and Mayday 360, a service that gives legal, political and police resources to Americans overseas.

The inspiration to keep working, and to keep telling her story is fueled by her daughter, Holloway said. If she can just make one person safer, make just one person more aware of problems that can happen, it is all worth it, Holloway said.

“Natalee had real hope,” she said. “The hope that filled her life, now fills mine.”

Waterford’s Role

The presentation was sponsored by the Waterford Justice League, a combination of Waterford Youth Services, Clark Lane Middle School and the Waterford Police Department to inform children about the dangers of drugs and weapons and to make police more accessible to the community. Overall, 19 middle school students entered the program, all on hand for Holloway’s presentation.

“I just thought it was amazing how somebody could talk about something like that,” said middle school student Alaina Milukas, a member of the league.

“It was very inspiring,” added her brother Matthew Milukas, also part of the league. “The will power to overcome something like that and turn it into a positive is really amazing.”

Clark Lane Principal Michael Lovetere, a father of two, was particularly touched by the presentation.

“My youngest daughter was the same age as Natalee, and I remember that whole summer (my wife and I) were glued to the television set,” Lovetere said. “We could really relate to it.”

Lovetere’s daughter was set to travel abroad to Italy for college, and from there she would often go to other European countries, he said. With the case going on, sleep was not easy to come by, he said.

“It just lets you know that it can happen to any of us,” he said. “It just makes you worried.”

If something did happen, the courage to get up and speak about it would be hard to come by, he said. If something happened to one of his daughters, it would probably be too much to handle, Lovetere said.

“I don’t know how you go on,” he said. “I have kids and I just don’t know how you can go on.”

What did you take from Beth Holloway's presentation? Tell us in the comments.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: January 14, 2011, 08:59:16 AM »

http://waterford.patch.com/articles/from-victim-to-victor-a-tale-of-caution-and-resiliency

Credit Paul Petrone Photos (1)  Credit Paul Petrone http://o2.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/273x203/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/b3b41be408416530463394efc4a9f7b8

On May 25, 2005, one day after graduating from high school, 18-year-old Natalee Holloway was headed out the door for her senior trip. Her mother asked her if she had her sunscreen, passport and so on.

“At first, ‘yes, ma’am,’ then finally, ‘yes, Mom!” said Beth Holloway, recalling the words of her daughter, who had grown tired of the questioning.

So Beth backed off and watched her daughter get into a car headed to the airport. Natalee was off to Aruba with her classmates on a four-day excursion before getting ready to head to the University of Alabama on a full scholarship.

“After all I went through, I have every right to get in a hole and never get out,” Holloway said. “But I have chosen not to do that. We have choices on how to live our lives.”

On Thursday night in front of hundreds of people in the Waterford High School auditorium, Holloway told her story of pain and suffering, and her frustration at the Aruba police departments. More than five years after Natalee disappeared, the case remains unsolved.

On May 30, the last day of the senior trip, Natalee Holloway went to Carlos’n Charlie’s, a popular nightclub. There, Holloway met 17-year-old Joran van der Sloot, who reportedly bought her alcoholic drinks, including a shot of Bacardi 151, which has nearly twice the alcohol level of a normal shot.

Then, things become blurry. Holloway went into Van der Sloot’s car and then they engaged in sexual activities. It is not known if the sex was consensual. Everything after that is completely unknown, except one thing: Nobody has seen Natalee Holloway since.

Police Response

Once Beth Holloway received word later that day that her daughter had not arrived at the airport, panic struck.

“In that moment I got the call that all parents dread the minute our child is born,” Holloway said. “From that day, my life was changed forever.”

Holloway immediately flew to Aruba to search for her daughter. She contacted Aruban police, although soon realized they would be little help.

The police said to wait, that she would be returned home when the crack addicts who likely abducted her ran through her money, Holloway said. Police told her it was common for crack addicts to kidnap tourists, get them high on crack, steal their money and credit cards and then drop them back off at Carlos’n Charlie’s, Holloway said.

Refusing to just sit and wait, Holloway went on the offensive. She went to dozens upon dozens of crack houses looking for her daughter, only to find nothing.

Holloway soon heard of Van der Sloot, the last person to see Natalee Holloway alive. She confronted him, eager for details.

Van der Sloot said he had sex with Natalee Holloway, and then dropped her off at her hotel. Hotel security footage never showed Natalee Holloway return that night, Beth Holloway said.

Van der Sloot was eventually taken into custody by Aruban police, where he gave 22 different versions of what happened that night, Holloway said. Still, no search warrant was ever granted to search his home, and he was never formally charged with any crime.

Throughout this initial phase, Holloway did not shower, barely slept and hardly ate. After the original four days of constant searching for her daughter, and getting nowhere with police, Holloway began to break down mentally and physically.

“After being numb for so many days there was pain now, torturous pain,” she said. "I knew I had to find a place to pray.”

She tracked down a cab, which took her to a chapel. There, Holloway kneeled and begged for answers.

“I know in that moment, Natalee was with God,” Holloway said. “And I (was) in peace.”

Holloway would continue the search, and continues to this day. Nobody has ever been charged with any crime related to the disappearance, and Natalee’s body was never found.

Van der Sloot was charged with first-degree murder in Peru for allegedly killing Stephany Flores Ramírez on May 30, 2010, exactly five years after Natalee Holloway's disappearance.

Beth Holloway’s Mission

On Thursday, Beth Holloway did not speak to Waterford residents just to rehash the mystery surrounding her daughter’s disappearance. She also pushed for people to take care of themselves and have a plan of action when going anywhere, especially out of the country.

“Our children must know their personal safety is up to them,” Holloway said. “(Teenagers are) too old to be guarded by us, but too young not to be reminded that there are dangerous people and dangerous places.”

Holloway pushed her “360 full safety plan,” where teenagers should not just plan where they are going, but how they are getting home. She also started the Natalee Holloway Research Center at the National Museum of Crime & Punishment to aid families of missing persons and Mayday 360, a service that gives legal, political and police resources to Americans overseas.

The inspiration to keep working, and to keep telling her story is fueled by her daughter, Holloway said. If she can just make one person safer, make just one person more aware of problems that can happen, it is all worth it, Holloway said.

“Natalee had real hope,” she said. “The hope that filled her life, now fills mine.”

Waterford’s Role

The presentation was sponsored by the Waterford Justice League, a combination of Waterford Youth Services, Clark Lane Middle School and the Waterford Police Department to inform children about the dangers of drugs and weapons and to make police more accessible to the community. Overall, 19 middle school students entered the program, all on hand for Holloway’s presentation.

“I just thought it was amazing how somebody could talk about something like that,” said middle school student Alaina Milukas, a member of the league.

“It was very inspiring,” added her brother Matthew Milukas, also part of the league. “The will power to overcome something like that and turn it into a positive is really amazing.”

Clark Lane Principal Michael Lovetere, a father of two, was particularly touched by the presentation.

“My youngest daughter was the same age as Natalee, and I remember that whole summer (my wife and I) were glued to the television set,” Lovetere said. “We could really relate to it.”

Lovetere’s daughter was set to travel abroad to Italy for college, and from there she would often go to other European countries, he said. With the case going on, sleep was not easy to come by, he said.

“It just lets you know that it can happen to any of us,” he said. “It just makes you worried.”

If something did happen, the courage to get up and speak about it would be hard to come by, he said. If something happened to one of his daughters, it would probably be too much to handle, Lovetere said.

“I don’t know how you go on,” he said. “I have kids and I just don’t know how you can go on.”

edit to add link!   Embarassed

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #329 on: January 14, 2011, 09:25:56 AM »

I had a wonderful time Beth told me where she was having dinner,it was in a private room with 10 police escorts. I text her I  was there.
Beth ran it where we were sitting grab me & hugged me for ever,she is stunning. a inspiration to all .

When the reporter wanted to interview her she told them talk with Blonde she know as much and sometimes more then I ABOUT THIS CASE...

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #330 on: January 14, 2011, 11:13:47 AM »

http://waterford.patch.com/articles/from-victim-to-victor-a-tale-of-caution-and-resiliency

Police Response

Beth Holloway’s Mission

Waterford’s Role

edit to add link!   Embarassed

It's nice to know that SM members were there to witness Beth's presentation last night & I'm sure it meant a great deal to her.  Is this article a fair assessment of the presentation, or is there anything else that may have been added that would have meaning for those of us who could not be there?

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #331 on: January 14, 2011, 11:18:55 AM »

Awesome....simply awesome. I am jealous, lol.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: January 14, 2011, 12:10:46 PM »

It's still on for tonight.
Got a email from Beth she was in flight..
I just wish we can all get along , this is for Natalee.

Thanks Blonde.

The weatherman cooperated.

Janet

Tap Tap Tap

Any updates?  Patience is definitely not one of my virtures.

Janet

The presentation last night was amazing.   My co-worker's niece was able to get us in the reserved seating area up front.  Also, anyone in that area was able to go to a reception that followed, so we were able to meet and talk with Beth Holloway! We shared with her who we were and talked about the experience of communicating with the authorities and the translation difficulties as well.  I can only imagine what she had to deal with back in 2005. Sad Beth seemed to feel thankful that thoughts of Natalee came to mind immediately when the jawbone was found.  It just made her realize that her determination and the help of many others have kept Natalee's story alive and that Natalee is NOT going to be forgotten.  She is absolutely a pillar of strength.  Her presentations should be to a room full of high school students in EVERY town and in EVERY state because the message that she brings.  I am so thankful to have been there.  I also had the pleasure of meeting Blonde and talk with her.  My friends were able to share some information with her as well.  All in all it was a night that I will never forget. 

an angelic monkey

Thanks you for sharing with the forum kkthy.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: January 14, 2011, 12:14:42 PM »

I had a wonderful time Beth told me where she was having dinner,it was in a private room with 10 police escorts. I text her I  was there.
Beth ran it where we were sitting grab me & hugged me for ever,she is stunning. a inspiration to all .

When the reporter wanted to interview her she told them talk with Blonde she know as much and sometimes more then I ABOUT THIS CASE...

WOW!!!

Blonde ... your words imply that you had an evening of a lifetime.  You deserved it.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: January 14, 2011, 12:43:12 PM »

5:55am January 14, 2011

Quote Exerpts:

A Life Forever Change

Once Beth Holloway received word later that day that her daughter had not arrived at the airport, panic struck.  “In that moment I got the call that all parents dread the minute our child is born,” Holloway said. “From that day, my life was changed forever.”

And I was in Peace

“After being numb for so many days there was pain now, torturous pain,” she said. "I knew I had to find a place to pray.”  She tracked down a cab, which took her to a chapel. There, Holloway kneeled and begged for answers.  “I know in that moment, Natalee was with God,” Holloway said. “And I (was) in peace.”

Dangerous People and Dangerous Places

Hope

+++++++

LOVING NATALEE
A MOTHER'S TESTAMENT OF HOPE AND FAITH

By Beth Holloway

Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

Mayday 360
http://www.mayday360.com/default.aspx

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: January 14, 2011, 01:17:39 PM »

Missing teen's mother offers cautionary tale to parents
Published 01/14/2011 12:00 AM
Updated 01/14/2011 04:01 AM

Natalee Holloway disappeared in Aruba in 2005

Waterford - For four days Beth Holloway searched for her 18-year-old daughter Natalee through some of the seediest parts of tropical, touristy Aruba. The search took the Alabama woman inside brothels and into more than one crack house.

She had heard that sometimes tourists are drugged and taken to such places.

Then, on her fourth day, Holloway felt she needed to do something else, she told a rapt audience Thursday night at Waterford High School: She needed to pray.

Holloway found a chapel on the island and prayed before white crosses set outside. She felt a peace and stillness.

"I knew that Natalee was with God," Holloway told the group in the school's auditorium. "I put one foot in front of the other, and I knew there was much work that needed to be done."

Part of the work that Holloway has been doing since her daughter was reported missing in May 2005 includes crisscrossing the country, telling her story and admonishing parents and teenagers about the dangers that can occur while traveling abroad.

"It's too late for Natalee, it's too late for me," Holloway said. "But it's not too late for you."

Holloway, who spoke before a two-thirds full auditorium, used a Power Point presentation that included photographs of her daughter, and a collection of clips of her appearances on television news shows in the days and weeks after Natalee's disappearance. Waterford Youth Services sponsored the talk, for which Holloway was paid $5,000.

Holloway said she made every effort keep her daughter's story at the forefront of the media. Cable news shows at the time devoted hours of coverage to the story, which became something of a public detective story and one that struck a nerve with many people, especially parents.

"I followed it closely," Jody Nazarchyk, a member of the Waterford Board of Education, said. "I have daughter that was around that age."

The majority of Holloway's 40-minute talk focused on her version of the still-unsolved case. Speaking softly, she was understated, delivering her talk in a measured, deliberate cadence.

Natalee Holloway, who grew up in Birmingham, Ala., traveled to the island nation in the Caribbean with friends after graduating from high school.

Holloway blames her daughter's disappearance on the man who became the main suspect in the case: Joran van der Sloot, a Dutch national who was the last person seen with Natalee. Witnesses saw the young woman getting into a car outside a restaurant in Oranjestad, the Aruban capital.

Van der Sloot was arrested and subsequently released by the island authorities.

"He confessed on tape to an undercover informant that he was with Natalee when she had a seizure and might have died," Holloway said. "So he just decided to get rid of her body."

According to Holloway, van der Sloot said Natalee's body was dumped into the sea. She told the audience she believes that her daughter was given a date rape drug the night she went missing.

In June 2010, van der Sloot was charged with the murder of a woman in Lima, Peru.

In addition to writing a book about her experience, Holloway formed Mayday 360, an organization that offers travel advice to parents and young people going abroad. She also founded International Safe Travels Foundation, which works to raise awareness about overseas travel and laws.

Holloway said travelers should take time to locate the local police precincts and to remember to make sure mobile phones are able to make international calls.

She cautioned the several teenagers in the audience to be mindful of what they're drinking when they are out.

After the woman's talk, Julia Zepperi, 18, called Holloway's speech "emotional" and "unnerving," especially because Natalee Holloway was doing something as commonplace as traveling.

"It's something so normal," Zepperi said.

Nazarchyk, the school board member, said she was impressed with Holloway's honesty and willingness to talk about Natalee's disappearance.

"I think her daughter would have been proud of her," Nazarchyk said.

http://www.theday.com/article/20110114/NWS01/301149844/1044

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: January 14, 2011, 01:22:46 PM »

Blonde and kkthy - I'm so envious of both of you!  So glad that you were able to watch and visit with Beth.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: January 14, 2011, 01:33:48 PM »

Missing teen's mother offers cautionary tale to parents
Published 01/14/2011 12:00 AM
Updated 01/14/2011 04:01 AM

Quote Exerpts

"I knew that Natalee was with God," Holloway told the group in the school's auditorium.

"I put one foot in front of the other, and I knew there was much work that needed to be done."

"It's too late for Natalee, it's too late for me," Holloway said. "But it's not too late for you."

http://www.theday.com/article/20110114/NWS01/301149844/1044

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: January 14, 2011, 03:11:47 PM »

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/interrogate-joran-or-release-him-lawyer-says

Interrogate Joran or release him, lawyer says

Published on 14 January 2011 - 12:56pm

Dutchman Joran van der Sloot, who is in a Peruvian jail on murder charges, should be set free until he is put on trial. Mr Van der Sloot's lawyer, Máximo Altez, told Radio Netherlands Worldwide that there have been too many errors in the run-up to the trial.

Joran van der Sloot has been on remand for nine months on suspicion of killing a Peruvian woman, Stephany Flores, who he had met in Lima in May 2010. He has not yet been heard by a judge, however, allegedly because there is no interpreter. Mr Altez said he is not confident that his client will be questioned within the statutory period of custody, which is limited to 18 months.

The lawyer is blaming Peru's legal authorities for not providing a Dutch-Spanish interpreter, saying it is not up to him to arrange one. The Dutch embassy told Mr Altez that they are not entitled to assign an interpreter to the case either.

Natalee Holloway
Ricardo Flores, the father of the murdered woman, rejected the lawyer's demands. "The murderer has not said anything up to now, so why does he think he can demand his release?"

Joran van der Sloot is also the main suspect in the Natalee Holloway disappearance case. The American teenager vanished without trace from the Caribbean island of Aruba in 2005, but Van der Sloot was never charged because of a lack of credible evidence.
(rk/hs)

© Radio Netherlands Worldwide

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: January 14, 2011, 03:22:31 PM »

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Lawyer-says-van-der-Sloot-should-be-free-pending/50g1wcqxtESZz4uRG1iP8A.cspx

Lawyer says van der Sloot should be free pending trial

Last Update: 7:32 am

Joran van der Sloot's Peruvian lawyer says authorities there should formally interrogate his client...or set him free.

The Dutchman has been imprisoned In Peru's Castro Castro prison for nine months on charges he killed 21 year old student Stephanie Flores.  Her body was found in van der Sloot's Lima hotel room.  He told Peruvian authorities he killed Flores when she found material relating to Natalee Holloway on his laptop computer.

Holloway disappeared on a 2005 trip to Aruba with classmates from Mountain Brook High School.  She was last seen leaving a nightclub with van der Sloot.  He was questioned several times by Aruban authorities but never charged in her disappearance.  Flores body was found in van der Sloot's hotel room five years to the day of Natalee's disappearance.

Van der Shoot has since appealed to have his confession thrown out claiming police irregularities, coercion and the lack of a qualified Dutch language translator.

A ruling on that appeal is still pending.  Under Peruvian law, van der Sloot can be held 18 months but according to Radio Netherlands Worldwide lawyer Max Altez is not confident that his client will be questioned within the statutory period of custody, which is limited to 18 months.

The lawyer is blaming Peru's legal authorities for not providing a Dutch-Spanish interpreter, saying it is not up to him to arrange one. The Dutch embassy told Altez that they are not entitled to assign an interpreter to the case either.

Stephanie Flores father Riccardo rejected the lawyer's demands. "The murderer has not said anything up to now, so how can he have the tenacity to demand that he's released?"

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.