March 28, 2024, 02:46:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #855 12/30/10 -  (Read 443676 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #340 on: January 14, 2011, 03:26:33 PM »

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/14/report-joran-van-der-sloots-lawyer-wants-him-released/

Report: Van der Sloot's Lawyer Wants Him Released
Jan 14, 2011 – 11:20 AM

David Lohr
Contributor

The attorney for Joran van der Sloot, the Dutch native charged with killing a Peruvian woman and extorting money from the mother of missing U.S. teen Natalee Holloway, is demanding his client's release, according to a Dutch media outlet.

Maximo Altez said he is not confident that his client will be questioned within the 18-month statutory period of custody, Radio Netherlands Worldwide reported, and blames Peru's legal authorities for not providing a Dutch-Spanish interpreter.

Van der Sloot, a longtime suspect in the 2005 disappearance in Aruba of Holloway, has been in police custody since June. He is accused of the May 30 slaying of Stephany Flores, a Peruvian business student who was found dead in van der Sloot's hotel room in Lima on June 2. Van der Sloot has been charged with first-degree murder and robbery in the case.

America Television Channel / AP
Dutch citizen Joran van der Sloot holds his inmate number on June 11 before been transferred to the Miguel Castro Castro prison in Lima.

If convicted of Flores' murder, van der Sloot could face 15 to 35 years in prison.

Van der Sloot has also been indicted by U.S. authorities for his alleged involvement in a plot to extort $250,000 from Holloway's family for information on her death and the location of her body.

After van der Sloot's arrest, officials in Peru announced he had made a full confession to Flores' murder. Van der Sloot said he broke Flores' neck in a fit of rage after she used his laptop to find out about his involvement in the Holloway case, officials said.

"I did not want to do it," van der Sloot allegedly said about the attack. "The girl intruded into my private life. ... We argued, and she tried to escape. I grabbed her by the neck, and I hit her."

The Dutchman later retracted that confession, saying he was arrested without a warrant and was not provided with an official translator, which he says caused confusion during questioning. Van der Sloot also said his laptop was improperly searched.

"All this with the intention of pressuring me to accuse [me] of homicide," the Dutch native said in the complaint, obtained by the Peruvian news program "24 Hours."

In June, Superior Court Judge Wilder Casique Alvizuri spent nearly a week examining the evidence in the case before ruling that van der Sloot's claim that his habeas corpus rights had been violated was "unfounded." Alvizuri said he determined that van der Sloot had not only a state-appointed attorney present during his depositions but also a Dutch-Spanish translator.

Altez immediately appealed the decision. The case has since gone before a panel of three Peruvian judges, and a decision is pending.

According to Altez, the case is on hold because authorities have not provided an interpreter. He reportedly said it is not up to him to arrange one. The Dutch embassy has reportedly told Altez that they are not entitled to arrange one either, Radio Netherlands Worldwide reported.

Flores' father, Ricardo Flores, disagrees with Altez's attempts to free the murder suspect.

Van der Sloot "has not said anything up to now," Flores told the radio station. "So how can he ... demand that he's released?"

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #341 on: January 14, 2011, 03:27:55 PM »

Blonde and kkthy - I'm so envious of both of you!  So glad that you were able to watch and visit with Beth.
Not only a visit She spent most of her time in the meeting area after her speech holding me hugging me and thanking me for all  the emails and support that I have sent her in the five and a half years.
She said I have found out things before she did, and thanked me.
 Beth is a inspiration and a truly natural beautiful Woman.

At dinner some guy was telling her to wrap it up, they had to go she said No .
I'm spending time with my friends first.
Beth signed my book
My dearest __my name_____Many thanks for all your amazing support.
Much Love Beth..

It's not very often you get to meet your HERO
This was a chance for me to meet a woman I admire.
 We talked about her brave trip to Peru and the look on Joran face when she walked in..She laughed.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #342 on: January 14, 2011, 03:33:00 PM »

http://amigoenieuws.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1751:advocaat-eist-vrijlating-joran&catid=108:artikelen-aruba&Itemid=199

Google translation:

Lawyer demands release Joran
| Print |
Friday, January 14, 2011 7:06 p.m.

ORANGE CITY / LIMA - Joran van der Sloot's lawyer Máximo Altez demands release of his client because of errors in the judicial process. Although Joran now than six months on remand, he is still before the courts. The reason given is that no certified interpreter is available.

However, the Worldwide Altez says that this is no excuse. He mentions the fact that there is still no Dutch-Spanish interpreter is "an error of law system '. It is according to the lawyer being the responsibility of the judiciary to find the interpreter. An initiative of Altez to an interpreter using the Dutch embassy, came to nothing. Counsel referred this back to the Tribunal. The hearing must also within the statutory period of eighteen months of the detention place. Altez has no confidence that the hearing will take place within that time limit.

Joran is trapped in the heavily guarded Castro Castro prison in Lima, on suspicion of murder Stephany Flores on May 31 last year. The family of murdered Flores outrage at the demand of the lawyer. Through their lawyer, the family in the Peruvian media stated: "Throughout the process, he kept silent and coincidentally the statutory deadline gets closer, he suddenly wants a hearing. The absence of an interpreter is not the only reason why the hearing has not yet occurred. "What other reason would there be, is not reported.

Joran van der Sloot is still main suspect in the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway in Aruba May 31 2005. Although the strong suspicion that Natalee is brought to life, for lack of evidence is Joran never charged in connection with this disappearance.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #343 on: January 14, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »

Blonde and kkthy - I'm so envious of both of you!  So glad that you were able to watch and visit with Beth.
Not only a visit She spent most of her time in the meeting area after her speech holding me hugging me and thanking me for all  the emails and support that I have sent her in the five and a half years.

Beth signed my book
Much Love Beth..

We talked about her brave trip to Peru and the look on Joran face when she walked in..She laughed.

I am hoping against hope for that chance also.

Thanks for sharing Blonde.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: January 14, 2011, 03:38:24 PM »

Wow, is that Trudy Hassell?  If it is... big change, for the good imo.   

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/26504-trudy-hassell-hobennan-ta-haci-bus-trip-y-durante-e-trip-ta-consumi-hopi-alcohol-y-te-hasta-droga.html

Papiamentu translation:

trudy hassell: hobennan is haci bus trip y during the trip is consumi much alcohol y till even drugs

friday, 14 january 2011 15:58

have one femomeno of bus trip ultimamente cu do not mustrando so sano. seems cu hobennan is haci bus trip y during the trip is consumi much alcohol y till even drugs. in one interview cu comisario of police trudy hassel owing to mustre on the asunto here. the consumo of drugs y alcohol is tumando lugar till even in fiestanan publico. by of work on caya they also is detectando much of the actividadnan here where the abuse of alcohol is present. much mother young is leave cu they child y bay in carnaval without think the danger cu have for her child. have parent cu is kies for they self lubidando on the seguridad of they same child. parents cu being achieve cu children much diminutive in paradanan of carnaval y in form incomodo police will wing they atencion. one parent responsable have to let his child close one familiar or person responsable if the wanted go goza in carnaval or parada. comisario trudy hassel is splica.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #345 on: January 14, 2011, 03:45:10 PM »

What is the holdup?  It has now been four months since a fourth jury member was to cast a vote and ... nothing.

The silence out of Aruba has been deafening.  Are negotiations between the Netherlands/Aruba and Peru going on behind the scene?  I have that hinky feeling.

Janet

+++++

SEPTEMBER, 2010

Van der Sloot: I've 'misused' Holloway case 'for my own advantage'
By the CNN Wire Staff
September 7, 2010 9:11 a.m. EDT

Also Monday, a Peruvian court voted 2-1 to reject van der Sloot's contention that he is being held unlawfully, but the court requires three votes to secure a decision. Alteza said that a fourth jurist will hear the case and cast a vote at a public hearing next week. If that judge votes in favor of van der Sloot, a fifth judge will hear the case to break the tie.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/07/peru.vandersloot/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

DECEMBER, 2010

Van der Sloot not Peru's most notorious prisoner
Last Update: 9:33 am

Meanwhile, down the road at Castro Castro, Joran van der Sloot is still awaiting word his appeal to have his murder confession thrown out of court. His lawyers charge both coercion and procedural improprieties to his confession he murdered 21 year old Stephany Flores after she found material about Natalee Holloway on his computer. Flores corpse was found in van der Sloot's Lima hotel room five years to the day of Natalee Holloway's disappearance on a high school trip to Aruba.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-not-Perus-most-notorious-prisoner/WbjNq4sK0U6QzOspmsOJhA.cspx

Lives like a King

Ricardo Flores

'Joran lives like a king in jail.'

'It is shameful what happens in prisons. I think the INPE has to give the same treatment to all criminals.'

'Unfortunately it seems that there are laws in Congress to protect the criminal, not to try and sentence them.'

November 10, 2010

http://www.generaccion.com/noticia/83737/familia-flores-aseguran-que-joran-van-der-sloot-vive-como-rey

The Tenacity

Lawyer says van der Sloot should be free pending trial
Last Update: 7:32 am
(September 14, 2011)

Stephanie Flores father Riccardo rejected the lawyer's demands. "The murderer has not said anything up to now, so how can he have the tenacity to demand that he's released?"

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Lawyer-says-van-der-Sloot-should-be-free-pending/50g1wcqxtESZz4uRG1iP8A.cspx

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #346 on: January 14, 2011, 03:51:04 PM »

Joran is probably safer in jail than out on the street at this point. His Lawyer better shut up, lol.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #347 on: January 14, 2011, 03:55:19 PM »

Joran would be just a wee bit of a flight risk, imo.  (sarcasm...)  It's not like he's locked up for jaywalking or stealing a goat or anything.  He's in prison waiting for his trial for allegedly murdering a young woman, not to mention he fled Peru right after. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #348 on: January 14, 2011, 04:22:53 PM »

Beth Holloway: From Victim To Victor

A Tale Of Caution And Resiliency Presented To Waterford
By Paul Petrone | Email the author | 5:55am Add a comment (0 comments )

Beth Holloway poses with fan Angie Pelletieu.

Credit Paul Petrone Photos (1)  Credit Paul Petrone http://o2.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/273x203/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/b3b41be408416530463394efc4a9f7b8

On May 25, 2005, one day after graduating from high school, 18-year-old Natalee Holloway was headed out the door for her senior trip. Her mother asked her if she had her sunscreen, passport and so on.

“At first, ‘yes, ma’am,’ then finally, ‘yes, Mom!” said Beth Holloway, recalling the words of her daughter, who had grown tired of the questioning.

So Beth backed off and watched her daughter get into a car headed to the airport. Natalee was off to Aruba with her classmates on a four-day excursion before getting ready to head to the University of Alabama on a full scholarship.

It would be the last time Beth Holloway would ever see her daughter.           

“After all I went through, I have every right to get in a hole and never get out,” Holloway said. “But I have chosen not to do that. We have choices on how to live our lives.”

On Thursday night in front of hundreds of people in the Waterford High School auditorium, Holloway told her story of pain and suffering, and her frustration at the Aruba police departments. More than five years after Natalee disappeared, the case remains unsolved.

On May 30, the last day of the senior trip, Natalee Holloway went to Carlos’n Charlie’s, a popular nightclub. There, Holloway met 17-year-old Joran van der Sloot, who reportedly bought her alcoholic drinks, including a shot of Bacardi 151, which has nearly twice the alcohol level of a normal shot.

Then, things become blurry. Holloway went into Van der Sloot’s car and then they engaged in sexual activities. It is not known if the sex was consensual. Everything after that is completely unknown, except one thing: Nobody has seen Natalee Holloway since.

Police Response

Once Beth Holloway received word later that day that her daughter had not arrived at the airport, panic struck.

“In that moment I got the call that all parents dread the minute our child is born,” Holloway said. “From that day, my life was changed forever.”

Holloway immediately flew to Aruba to search for her daughter. She contacted Aruban police, although soon realized they would be little help.

The police said to wait, that she would be returned home when the crack addicts who likely abducted her ran through her money, Holloway said. Police told her it was common for crack addicts to kidnap tourists, get them high on crack, steal their money and credit cards and then drop them back off at Carlos’n Charlie’s, Holloway said.

Refusing to just sit and wait, Holloway went on the offensive. She went to dozens upon dozens of crack houses looking for her daughter, only to find nothing.

Holloway soon heard of Van der Sloot, the last person to see Natalee Holloway alive. She confronted him, eager for details.

Van der Sloot said he had sex with Natalee Holloway, and then dropped her off at her hotel. Hotel security footage never showed Natalee Holloway return that night, Beth Holloway said.

Van der Sloot was eventually taken into custody by Aruban police, where he gave 22 different versions of what happened that night, Holloway said. Still, no search warrant was ever granted to search his home, and he was never formally charged with any crime.

Throughout this initial phase, Holloway did not shower, barely slept and hardly ate. After the original four days of constant searching for her daughter, and getting nowhere with police, Holloway began to break down mentally and physically.

“After being numb for so many days there was pain now, torturous pain,” she said. "I knew I had to find a place to pray.”

She tracked down a cab, which took her to a chapel. There, Holloway kneeled and begged for answers.

“I know in that moment, Natalee was with God,” Holloway said. “And I (was) in peace.”

Holloway would continue the search, and continues to this day. Nobody has ever been charged with any crime related to the disappearance, and Natalee’s body was never found.

Van der Sloot was charged with first-degree murder in Peru for allegedly killing Stephany Flores Ramírez on May 30, 2010, exactly five years after Natalee Holloway's disappearance.

Beth Holloway’s Mission

On Thursday, Beth Holloway did not speak to Waterford residents just to rehash the mystery surrounding her daughter’s disappearance. She also pushed for people to take care of themselves and have a plan of action when going anywhere, especially out of the country.

“Our children must know their personal safety is up to them,” Holloway said. “(Teenagers are) too old to be guarded by us, but too young not to be reminded that there are dangerous people and dangerous places.”

Holloway pushed her “360 full safety plan,” where teenagers should not just plan where they are going, but how they are getting home. She also started the Natalee Holloway Research Center at the National Museum of Crime & Punishment to aid families of missing persons and Mayday 360, a service that gives legal, political and police resources to Americans overseas.

The inspiration to keep working, and to keep telling her story is fueled by her daughter, Holloway said. If she can just make one person safer, make just one person more aware of problems that can happen, it is all worth it, Holloway said.

“Natalee had real hope,” she said. “The hope that filled her life, now fills mine.”

Waterford’s Role

The presentation was sponsored by the Waterford Justice League, a combination of Waterford Youth Services, Clark Lane Middle School and the Waterford Police Department to inform children about the dangers of drugs and weapons and to make police more accessible to the community. Overall, 19 middle school students entered the program, all on hand for Holloway’s presentation.

“I just thought it was amazing how somebody could talk about something like that,” said middle school student Alaina Milukas, a member of the league.

“It was very inspiring,” added her brother Matthew Milukas, also part of the league. “The will power to overcome something like that and turn it into a positive is really amazing.”

Clark Lane Principal Michael Lovetere, a father of two, was particularly touched by the presentation.

“My youngest daughter was the same age as Natalee, and I remember that whole summer (my wife and I) were glued to the television set,” Lovetere said. “We could really relate to it.”

Lovetere’s daughter was set to travel abroad to Italy for college, and from there she would often go to other European countries, he said. With the case going on, sleep was not easy to come by, he said.

“It just lets you know that it can happen to any of us,” he said. “It just makes you worried.”

If something did happen, the courage to get up and speak about it would be hard to come by, he said. If something happened to one of his daughters, it would probably be too much to handle, Lovetere said.

“I don’t know how you go on,” he said. “I have kids and I just don’t know how you can go on.”

What did you take from Beth Holloway's presentation? Tell us in the comments.

This was on of Beth friends

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #349 on: January 14, 2011, 04:28:09 PM »

Sorry, this was one of beth's good friends

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #350 on: January 14, 2011, 04:34:30 PM »

cj123

I see ya in the rafters.  Come on down.  Your insight/input would be appreciated.

Janet

+++++

Food for Thought

San
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #725 2/6
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2008, 01:46:19 AM »

He saw Joran on MSN and said yo what's wrong with you and Joran kept apologizing to him. Daury said Joran gave his number to the reporter.

He prefers not to answer what he thinks about Joran now.

Daury said Joran never mentioned Natalee to him and Daury didn't want to get involved in that because it was not his problem.

Daury said they used to make fun of Joran.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2578.msg343302#msg343302

cj123
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #725 2/6
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2008, 01:48:17 AM »

How many times have we heard about people that got made fun of taking their aggression out on innocent people???

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2578.msg343302#msg343302

For the Love of Joran

private eye
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #749 4/24 -
« Reply #367 on: April 27, 2008, 12:38:30 PM »

I am amazed that the people who love or care for Joran do not yet see that he needs the help that can only be provided by him going to the authorities and telling the entire truth. Being rejected by society, labled as a criminal, all are taking a horrible toll on Joran that is going to fuel his addictions and push him further and further into a self destructive lifestyle. I would think his mother would recognize Joran's needs, and see the benefit he would gain even from incarceration. Isn't an investment of five or so years worth a return of trhe rest of Joran's life? .... 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2804.msg377586#

_____

kkthy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #351 on: January 14, 2011, 05:07:50 PM »

Beth signed my book
Much Love Beth..

Blonde,
I can imagine that she is so greatful to have met you and to know how dedicated you have been in following her story and keeping Natalee's memory alive.  I told her that we will never forget and she hugged me.  This SM group keeps Natalee's story alive. 

It was great to meet you!

Unforgotten....

A smile goes a long way.... Smile
kkthy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #352 on: January 14, 2011, 05:14:39 PM »

Klaasend,
I still can't believe it.  My husband and friends all though she was amazing and felt so very glad that we were able to attend. 

Unforgotten....

A smile goes a long way.... Smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #353 on: January 14, 2011, 06:36:51 PM »

Joran's not going to be released, his lawyer is an idiot. 

And Joran doesn't need anyone to translate Spanish for him!  GMAFB!    Just ask Freddy, Loco Steph or any number of his other friends!   

If they should succeed with their baseless claims (probably with an added payoff), and Joran walks out of Castro Castro...it will be into the open arms of the U.S.A. for prosecution in Alabama.  Let Joran start his "waaaaaaa I need a translator" in Alabama!  I'm very confident that even in Federal detention there will be a "Bubba" more than willing to take care of that big crybaby!   

jmo

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #354 on: January 14, 2011, 06:58:39 PM »

http://www.surfertoday.com/windsurfing/4771-vietnam-aruba-and-tenerife-in-the-2011-pwa-tour

Vietnam, Aruba and Tenerife in the 2011 PWA Tour         

Written by Editor at SurferToday.com      
Thursday, 13 January 2011 12:24

The 2011 PWA World Tour calendar has been released. This year, there are 14 pro windsurfing events and three new destinations: Mui Ne (Vietnam), Aruba (Caribbean) and El Medano (Tenerife). Race, wave and freestyle are the official disciplines.

The action starts with an all-new event in Mui Ne, Vietnam, which will see the PWA’s men’s and women’s freestyle and slalom fleets battling it out for a share of the event’s €100,000 prize purse on the palm fringed beaches of the South China Sea.

Adding to the tally of new destinations, the World Tour will also pay a visit to the turquoise waters of the Caribbean for the first time since 2005. Taking the plunge will be the freestyle and slalom fleets, who’ll christen Aruba’s waters in a week long Grand Slam extravaganza.

The final new installment for 2011 is a stop on the wave drenched stores of El Medano in southern Tenerife. Like its neighboring islands of Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura, Tenerife enjoys the consistent north east trade winds which blow for the duration of the northern hemisphere’s summer. Couple this with a reliable supply of Atlantic swell, and you have the makings of a classic show down for the PWA’s wave fleet.

Standing alongside these new additions there’s the eclectic selection of tried and tested locations, which include the grueling European leg of the World Tour and slalom action in Ulsan, South Korea.

2011 PWA World Tour calendar:

2011 MUI NE, VIETNAM
Feb 25 - Mar 05

2011 PODERSDORF AUSTRIA
Apr 29 - May 04

2011 ULSAN WORLD CUP KOREA
May 14 - May 20

2011 COSTA BRAVA SPAIN
May 31 - Jun 05

2011 BONAIRE
Jun 12 - Jun 16

2011 ARUBA
Jun 19 - Jun 26

snipped

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #355 on: January 14, 2011, 07:04:20 PM »

Joran's possible release from a Peruvian lockup?

When I consider those in high places in the Netherlands/Aruba who are protecting Joran ... the main suspect in the Natalee Holloway case who has the ability to cause the house of cards to collapse if he reveals all that he has knowledge of regarding the  Aruban coverup ... "I fear the worst but hope for the best".

Janet

++++++

I'm Done.

Page 182
- September 1 Helen calls to say the court is asking for DNA from the Kalpoes and Joran van der Sloot and that their attorneys are fighting this.  She also says the suspects are pointing the finger at one another.

Page 183 - Helen is very positive. "It looks good that they will remain in custody." she says.  Then about three hours after she tells me this encouraging news, a devastating call comes from an AP reporter.

"Paulus van der Sloot and his attorney are bragging to everyone that all three suspects are getting out day after tomorrow!

Then all the media start calling.  I call Helen, then FBI agent Bill and the U.S. vice-consul.  None of them have this information.  So we tell the media it must be a rumor.  But the word is out all over the island to the defense side that all three suspects will walk.

Four and a half hours after this announcement is made to international media by Joran's father and his defense team, the FBI calls to tell me it is indeed true.  So the three suspects who were last seen with my daughter, and who offered multiple versions of what happened that night, will go free.  And we are the last ones to find out.

Natalee's handwriting on her immigration card states that the duration of her stay here would be four nights.  It has been ninety-five.  And I have painstakingly counted every one of them.

When Helen calls, I stand in a corner of the hotel room, phone to my ear, tapping my head against the wall over and over.  Tears fall hard.  "I'm done, Helen.  I'm done.  No justice for Natalee in Aruba.  I'm done."

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #356 on: January 14, 2011, 07:19:47 PM »

Lawyer says van der Sloot should be free pending trial

Joran van der Sloot's Peruvian lawyer says authorities there should formally interrogate his client...or set him free.

The Dutchman has been imprisoned In Peru's Castro Castro prison for nine months on charges he killed 21 year old student Stephanie Flores.  Her body was found in van der Sloot's Lima hotel room.  He told Peruvian authorities he killed Flores when she found material relating to Natalee Holloway on his laptop computer.

Holloway disappeared on a 2005 trip to Aruba with classmates from Mountain Brook High School.  She was last seen leaving a nightclub with van der Sloot.  He was questioned several times by Aruban authorities but never charged in her disappearance.  Flores body was found in van der Sloot's hotel room five years to the day of Natalee's disappearance.

Van der Shoot has since appealed to have his confession thrown out claiming police irregularities, coercion and the lack of a qualified Dutch language translator.

A ruling on that appeal is still pending.  Under Peruvian law, van der Sloot can be held 18 months but according to Radio Netherlands Worldwide lawyer Max Altez is not confident that his client will be questioned within the statutory period of custody, which is limited to 18 months.

The lawyer is blaming Peru's legal authorities for not providing a Dutch-Spanish interpreter, saying it is not up to him to arrange one. The Dutch embassy told Altez that they are not entitled to assign an interpreter to the case either.

Stephanie Flores father Riccardo rejected the lawyer's demands. "The murderer has not said anything up to now, so how can he have the tenacity to demand that he's released?" 

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Lawyer-says-van-der-Sloot-should-be-free-pending/50g1wcqxtESZz4uRG1iP8A.cspx

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #357 on: January 14, 2011, 07:59:17 PM »

Joran is probably safer in jail than out on the street at this point. His Lawyer better shut up, lol.

I agree.

It is my contention that Joran would likely be the target of the higher ups in Aruba/Netherlands.  He knows too much regarding those who were/are involved in the coverup that has prevnted justice from prevailing for Natalee Holloway.  Joran cannot be trusted to keep his mouth shut.  Aruba/Netherlands must realize that at any given moment in time the house of cards could collapse.

For the sake of other Natalees and Stephanys ... I hope that Joran remains in that Peruvian lockup for a long long time.

Janet

+++++ 

Police Officers

Joran van der Sloot Goes 'On the Record' with New Natalee Holloway Story
Tuesday, November 25, 2008

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN: And I will. I mean, you told me, one of the things you told me - this is - and what I want to do is use this with leverage is that (NAME DELETED) was paid off, and another police officer was paid off by your father.
JORAN VAN DER SLOOT: You know something, Greta, though, I don't really want to do this, actually. I don't. This is not actually what we agreed on.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,457144,00.html

Higher Powers

Disposed - Patrick Vander Eem

PATRICK: Where the f--- is she Joran?
JORAN: I don’t know precisely.
PATRICK: How is it that you don’t know?
JORAN: Yea—
PATRICK: Higher power?
JORAN: Higher power—powers

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #358 on: January 14, 2011, 09:10:49 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/26520-investigacion-contra-dos-agente-di-polis-.html

Papiamentu translation:

detencion of two agent of policial

friday, 14 january 2011 20:12

today tardi bizo (departamento of investigacion interno) of cuerpo policial owing to detene two police of oranjestad. is deal here of the polisnan of surname p. y r. both is wordo acusa of maltrato y of meineed (no owing to raporta susedido at form corecto). one want another have of haber cu one caso cu did take luga day 2 of january at renaissance resort. one man of surname g. owing to destrui one blackboard y seguridad of hotel owing to core his slow y owing to detene. in the proceso he owing to resisti y owing to bay ground cu the miembronan of seguridad of the hotel. all the time police owing to arrive for take the detenido over y at the instant ey the sospechoso owing to leave at careda bay. while cu the polisnan is coriendo his slow, one of they owing to trompica y owing to cay injury his self. at instant cu owing to succeed grab the sospechoso, the will owing to resisti y polisnan will owing to employ compel bruto for detene. the sospechoso today owing to entrega complaint of maltrato fisico contra the two polisnan y owing to present his proof of doctor cu is certifica cu the have sla. bizo owing to send calling both agent of police today y owing to base of the video of hotel, owing to bay over at detencion. both is encarcela at keep of police of santa cruz pendiente more investigacion.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #359 on: January 15, 2011, 01:21:19 AM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE AND STEPHANY!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.