March 28, 2024, 07:25:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #855 12/30/10 -  (Read 443702 times)
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #360 on: January 15, 2011, 04:13:01 AM »

TICK_TOCK

ALL IN DO TIME

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #361 on: January 15, 2011, 05:24:34 AM »

Blonde - I'm sure it did your heart good to meet your hero.  May God bless Beth fully and bring the answers she so deserves.   an angelic monkey

kkathy - thank you for your posts regarding your meeting with Beth.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #362 on: January 15, 2011, 05:31:30 AM »

Blonde and kkthy - I'm so envious of both of you!  So glad that you were able to watch and visit with Beth.

Klaas, It is my hope that one day the opportunity will present itself so that you too might meet Beth.    an angelic monkey
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #363 on: January 15, 2011, 09:26:01 AM »

TICK_TOCK

ALL IN DO TIME

Good morning KTF

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #364 on: January 15, 2011, 10:05:35 AM »

Blonde and kkthy - I'm so envious of both of you!  So glad that you were able to watch and visit with Beth.

Klaas, It is my hope that one day the opportunity will present itself so that you too might meet Beth.    an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #365 on: January 15, 2011, 10:38:53 AM »

http://www.destentor.nl/nieuws/algemeen/binnenland/7969994/Advocaat-wil-Joran-van-der-Sloot-vrij.ece

Google translation:

Lawyer wants Joran van der Sloot Fri

Friday, January 14, 2011 | 4:18 p.m. | Last updated: Friday, January 14, 2011 | 4:19 p.m.

Reuters

LIMA - Maximo Altez, the lawyer for Joran van der Sloot, has a request for release pending the trial. The reason is that he has seven months in jail without any progress, according to the lawyer.

"Because no certified interpreter, Van der Sloot did not even have the first statement." Eighteen months is the maximum period that a suspect according to Peruvian law on remand should sit.

New Judge
Altez: "There are only seven months passed, but because everything is so slow, we have already submitted the request. There is now a new judge put on the case. That should read. This means that further delays and that is regrettable. "

The lawyer expects in a few months to get a response to his request. Joran van der Sloot is, since June last year on remand in the Castro Castro prison in Lima, Peru.

Depressed
He is accused of murdering the Peruvian Stephany Flores. According Altez he makes it to good conditions. "He arrived a bit depressed, because it all takes so long, though."

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #366 on: January 15, 2011, 11:11:21 AM »

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/8735063/__Advocaat__laat_Joran_vrij__.html

Google translation:

Fri January 14 2011, 11:28 | 350 responses

Lawyer demands release van der Sloot

LIMA - The lawyer of Joran van der Sloot wants his client be released pending his trial because errors were made in the judicial process.

Máximo Altez to submit an application to the court, said the Peruvian lawyer against Worldwide.
Vogens Altez Van der Sloot had already been interrogated by a judge to be the murder of the Peruvian Stephany Flores in May last year. That is, after nine months on remand, has not happened because no certified interpreter is available. The lawyer has no confidence that Van der Sloot is still heard within the statutory period for a pre-trial detention of 18 months.
That there is still no interpreter, called Altez a failure of the justice system. According to him he can have little to do because the judiciary must offer an interpreter.

Ricardo Flores, the father of the murdered Stephany, reacts indignantly to the requirement of Altez. "If the killer so far nothing to say, how dare he ask to be released today?" he told Radio Netherlands. According to him, Joran is delaying the investigation itself and wants to talk only after the deadline had expired. The absence of an interpreter in the family not the reason why the hearing has not yet occurred.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #367 on: January 15, 2011, 11:11:43 AM »

http://www.destentor.nl/nieuws/algemeen/binnenland/7969994/Advocaat-wil-Joran-van-der-Sloot-vrij.ece

Google translation:

Lawyer wants Joran van der Sloot Fri

Friday, January 14, 2011 | 4:18 p.m. | Last updated: Friday, January 14, 2011 | 4:19 p.m.

Reuters

LIMA - Maximo Altez, the lawyer for Joran van der Sloot, has a request for release pending the trial. The reason is that he has seven months in jail without any progress, according to the lawyer.

"Because no certified interpreter, Van der Sloot did not even have the first statement." Eighteen months is the maximum period that a suspect according to Peruvian law on remand should sit.

New Judge
Altez: "There are only seven months passed, but because everything is so slow, we have already submitted the request. There is now a new judge put on the case. That should read. This means that further delays and that is regrettable. "

The lawyer expects in a few months to get a response to his request. Joran van der Sloot is, since June last year on remand in the Castro Castro prison in Lima, Peru.

Depressed
He is accused of murdering the Peruvian Stephany Flores. According Altez he makes it to good conditions. "He arrived a bit depressed, because it all takes so long, though."

Isn't a translator used so the accused understands the question? 

Let's say Joran misunderstood the question and answered with a full description of the murder.

Why would he need a translator?  If the authorities didn't understand him....then maybe they could use a translator...but Joran said what he said....and I believe it is on tape.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #368 on: January 15, 2011, 11:26:37 AM »

In reading the comments about that article on some of the Dutch sites, many agree that Joran doesn't need a Spanish translator...

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #369 on: January 15, 2011, 12:08:50 PM »

Looking for a picture of Beth that she showed in Waterford .Beth  was at a church that had five crosses she prayed at every cross when she reached the fifth she knew in her heart that God had Natalee the picture brought tears to my eyes do we have it anywhere.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #370 on: January 15, 2011, 12:10:08 PM »

Looking for a picture of Beth that she showed in Waterford .Beth  was at a church that had five crosses she prayed at every cross when she reached the fifth she knew in her heart that God had Natalee the picture brought tears to my eyes do we have it anywhere.

I've seen that Blonde, let me look.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #371 on: January 15, 2011, 12:15:38 PM »

Beth described this event so clearly I felt  I was in Aruba with her. I wish they had a transcript of that speech.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #372 on: January 15, 2011, 12:19:00 PM »

Beth described this event so clearly I felt  I was in Aruba with her. I wish they had a transcript of that speech.

Here is some of it

Throughout this initial phase, Holloway did not shower, barely slept and hardly ate. After the original four days of constant searching for her daughter, and getting nowhere with police, Holloway began to break down mentally and physically.

“After being numb for so many days there was pain now, torturous pain,” she said. "I knew I had to find a place to pray.”

She tracked down a cab, which took her to a chapel. There, Holloway kneeled and begged for answers.

“I know in that moment, Natalee was with God,” Holloway said. “And I (was) in peace.”

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #373 on: January 15, 2011, 12:20:46 PM »

Blonde watch this video

http://www.cbn.com/media/player/index.aspx?s=/vod/BethHolloway_102207
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #374 on: January 15, 2011, 12:25:51 PM »

THE STATIONS OF THE CROSS

Blessed Assurance

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway

Exerpts

Pages 100-103: I rise and make my way up the hillside to the next cross and the next one and the next, repeating my prayers.

I am looking to the sky, which is growing bluer as dawn breaks, and talking to God.  And as I reach the fifth cross, the answer to these prayers comes.  Complete peace blankets me, and I am still.  It's a familiar feeling, yet unknown to me like this before now.  It comes in total stillness.  Silence. And in this instant I know that Natalee is with God.

I understand that from the moment she got into Deepak Kalpoe's car her heavenly Father wrapped His loving arms around her and cared for her through whatever ordeal she encountered that night.  I don't know if she is alive or not, but I know that He is with her.

He entrusted me with her care for eighteen years.  Now I must trust Him to care for her.  So I never ask Him why.  Why Natalee?  Why me?  I don't ask.  To do that undermines faith.  Instead, I form an "acceptance trust" with Him there on the windy hillside.  God never questioned me when she was in my care.  I must not question Him.  I realize that He is as proud of her as I am.

Thoughts of Natalee's personal relationship with God comes to me.  He knows her very well.  And she knows Him.

Natalee was very active in the Community Ministry for Girls in Mountain Brook all four years throughout high school.  The founder and director, Donna Greene, shared a special moment with me just before graduation.  Following the very last Bible group meeting about two weeks or so ago Natalee told her friends to go on without her.  She was excited and glowing as she told Donna that she knew for certain that she had communicated with God.  She knew He had heard her.

Donna's first words of support when Natalee went missing were, "She knows how to call on God".  In these thoughts I received the blessed assurance from the Creator that rescues me.  And I am at peace.

The weight is gone.  I move to the next cross, making my way on up the hill stopping and praying at all fourteen crosses.  The Stations of the Cross.  The depiction of the walk Jesus made to His crucifixion.

The sun is up as I reach the top of the hill to see the Alto Vista chapel.  When I step onto the chapel grounds I am free, Liberated from the pain for a precious few moments.  The wind is blowing hard, and I feel Natalee.  I talk to her.  Promise to find her.  Get justice for her.  And pledge never to give up.  Never.

I think about what just happened, pondering the human spirit.  Apparently it can withstand a lot more than I every dreamed possible.  Mom is right; God is good.  All my life I've heard people of many faiths talk about "taking it to the cross and turning it over to the Lord" or just simply "turning it over.  Not the work that has to be done.  Just the burden.  I cast it upon Him so that I may be sustained.  And I am renewed, resilient.  Thankful for however long this resurgence in energy will carry me.  I will pick up one foot and put it down.  Then the other one will follow.  I will breathe.  There is much to be done.

Alto Vista - NE Aruba

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #375 on: January 15, 2011, 12:27:30 PM »

I have a picture of Beth (crying) with a friend outside of the Alto Vista church somewhere...haven't found it yet.

I don't think I've ever seen one of Beth at the crosses, but this is one of Tracy Pollan from the Lifetime Movie.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2009/12/03/2009-12-03_true_stories_offer_cable_a_lifetime_of_hit_movies.html

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #376 on: January 15, 2011, 12:32:17 PM »

Here is some of it

Throughout this initial phase, Holloway did not shower, barely slept and hardly ate. After the original four days of constant searching for her daughter, and getting nowhere with police, Holloway began to break down mentally and physically.

“After being numb for so many days there was pain now, torturous pain,” she said. "I knew I had to find a place to pray.”

She tracked down a cab, which took her to a chapel. There, Holloway kneeled and begged for answers.

“I know in that moment, Natalee was with God,” Holloway said. “And I (was) in peace.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67958110@N00/2891521166
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #377 on: January 15, 2011, 12:33:37 PM »

Thanks TM and  Buckeye. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: January 15, 2011, 12:38:48 PM »

Blonde watch this video

http://www.cbn.com/media/player/index.aspx?s=/vod/BethHolloway_102207

Powerful!!

Thanks Klaas.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: January 15, 2011, 12:48:42 PM »

Here is some of it

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67958110@N00/2891521166

Thanks Buckeye

I have often attempted to visualize the scenario that Beth shares in regards to "The Stations of the Cross".

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.