March 28, 2024, 11:21:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #855 12/30/10 -  (Read 443657 times)
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #400 on: January 16, 2011, 12:51:31 AM »

Beth Holloway: From Victim To Victor

A Tale Of Caution And Resiliency Presented To Waterford
By Paul Petrone | Email the author | 5:55am Add a comment (0 comments )

Beth Holloway poses with fan Angie Pelletieu.

Credit Paul Petrone Photos (1)  Credit Paul Petrone http://o2.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/273x203/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/b3b41be408416530463394efc4a9f7b8

On May 25, 2005, one day after graduating from high school, 18-year-old Natalee Holloway was headed out the door for her senior trip. Her mother asked her if she had her sunscreen, passport and so on.

“At first, ‘yes, ma’am,’ then finally, ‘yes, Mom!” said Beth Holloway, recalling the words of her daughter, who had grown tired of the questioning.

So Beth backed off and watched her daughter get into a car headed to the airport. Natalee was off to Aruba with her classmates on a four-day excursion before getting ready to head to the University of Alabama on a full scholarship.

It would be the last time Beth Holloway would ever see her daughter.           

“After all I went through, I have every right to get in a hole and never get out,” Holloway said. “But I have chosen not to do that. We have choices on how to live our lives.”

On Thursday night in front of hundreds of people in the Waterford High School auditorium, Holloway told her story of pain and suffering, and her frustration at the Aruba police departments. More than five years after Natalee disappeared, the case remains unsolved.

On May 30, the last day of the senior trip, Natalee Holloway went to Carlos’n Charlie’s, a popular nightclub. There, Holloway met 17-year-old Joran van der Sloot, who reportedly bought her alcoholic drinks, including a shot of Bacardi 151, which has nearly twice the alcohol level of a normal shot.

Then, things become blurry. Holloway went into Van der Sloot’s car and then they engaged in sexual activities. It is not known if the sex was consensual. Everything after that is completely unknown, except one thing: Nobody has seen Natalee Holloway since.

Police Response

Once Beth Holloway received word later that day that her daughter had not arrived at the airport, panic struck.

“In that moment I got the call that all parents dread the minute our child is born,” Holloway said. “From that day, my life was changed forever.”

Holloway immediately flew to Aruba to search for her daughter. She contacted Aruban police, although soon realized they would be little help.

The police said to wait, that she would be returned home when the crack addicts who likely abducted her ran through her money, Holloway said. Police told her it was common for crack addicts to kidnap tourists, get them high on crack, steal their money and credit cards and then drop them back off at Carlos’n Charlie’s, Holloway said.

Refusing to just sit and wait, Holloway went on the offensive. She went to dozens upon dozens of crack houses looking for her daughter, only to find nothing.

Holloway soon heard of Van der Sloot, the last person to see Natalee Holloway alive. She confronted him, eager for details.

Van der Sloot said he had sex with Natalee Holloway, and then dropped her off at her hotel. Hotel security footage never showed Natalee Holloway return that night, Beth Holloway said.

Van der Sloot was eventually taken into custody by Aruban police, where he gave 22 different versions of what happened that night, Holloway said. Still, no search warrant was ever granted to search his home, and he was never formally charged with any crime.

Throughout this initial phase, Holloway did not shower, barely slept and hardly ate. After the original four days of constant searching for her daughter, and getting nowhere with police, Holloway began to break down mentally and physically.

“After being numb for so many days there was pain now, torturous pain,” she said. "I knew I had to find a place to pray.”

She tracked down a cab, which took her to a chapel. There, Holloway kneeled and begged for answers.

“I know in that moment, Natalee was with God,” Holloway said. “And I (was) in peace.”

Holloway would continue the search, and continues to this day. Nobody has ever been charged with any crime related to the disappearance, and Natalee’s body was never found.

Van der Sloot was charged with first-degree murder in Peru for allegedly killing Stephany Flores Ramírez on May 30, 2010, exactly five years after Natalee Holloway's disappearance.

Beth Holloway’s Mission

On Thursday, Beth Holloway did not speak to Waterford residents just to rehash the mystery surrounding her daughter’s disappearance. She also pushed for people to take care of themselves and have a plan of action when going anywhere, especially out of the country.

“Our children must know their personal safety is up to them,” Holloway said. “(Teenagers are) too old to be guarded by us, but too young not to be reminded that there are dangerous people and dangerous places.”

Holloway pushed her “360 full safety plan,” where teenagers should not just plan where they are going, but how they are getting home. She also started the Natalee Holloway Research Center at the National Museum of Crime & Punishment to aid families of missing persons and Mayday 360, a service that gives legal, political and police resources to Americans overseas.

The inspiration to keep working, and to keep telling her story is fueled by her daughter, Holloway said. If she can just make one person safer, make just one person more aware of problems that can happen, it is all worth it, Holloway said.

“Natalee had real hope,” she said. “The hope that filled her life, now fills mine.”

Waterford’s Role

The presentation was sponsored by the Waterford Justice League, a combination of Waterford Youth Services, Clark Lane Middle School and the Waterford Police Department to inform children about the dangers of drugs and weapons and to make police more accessible to the community. Overall, 19 middle school students entered the program, all on hand for Holloway’s presentation.

“I just thought it was amazing how somebody could talk about something like that,” said middle school student Alaina Milukas, a member of the league.

“It was very inspiring,” added her brother Matthew Milukas, also part of the league. “The will power to overcome something like that and turn it into a positive is really amazing.”

Clark Lane Principal Michael Lovetere, a father of two, was particularly touched by the presentation.

“My youngest daughter was the same age as Natalee, and I remember that whole summer (my wife and I) were glued to the television set,” Lovetere said. “We could really relate to it.”

Lovetere’s daughter was set to travel abroad to Italy for college, and from there she would often go to other European countries, he said. With the case going on, sleep was not easy to come by, he said.

“It just lets you know that it can happen to any of us,” he said. “It just makes you worried.”

If something did happen, the courage to get up and speak about it would be hard to come by, he said. If something happened to one of his daughters, it would probably be too much to handle, Lovetere said.

“I don’t know how you go on,” he said. “I have kids and I just don’t know how you can go on.”

What did you take from Beth Holloway's presentation? Tell us in the comments.

This was on of Beth friends

Beth looks beautiful and healthy, as she always does. I still want her to eat a sandwich, though. To maintain a good fighting weight. I worry about her more than
a Jewish muthaaaaa!!!! I lurve her. She is my hero(ine).

A world with more Beth's and Monkeys is a good place to be.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #401 on: January 16, 2011, 01:14:02 AM »

The front page is giving a redirect notice back to go daddy.

Just wanted Red to know - if he doesn't already.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: January 16, 2011, 01:42:48 AM »

Working for me now but I'll let them know anyway.  Thanks Carpe!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #403 on: January 16, 2011, 03:29:32 AM »

I don't think this was posted at the time. 

Renee Gielen and son Dolph, Anita, John Baselmans (aka Baseltje http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6197.200 )

http://www.facebook.com/dvstapele?sk=wall

Google translation:

http://www.facebook.com/dvstapele?sk=wall

Dolph Van Stapele
Just throwing rumors in the world.

"Found jaw Aruba Natalee '- Region - bndestem
www.bndestem.nl
(link to the article referenced:  http://www.bndestem.nl/regio/7671388/Gevonden-kaak-Aruba-van-Natalee.ece )
CURAÇAO - The lower jaw that November 12 was found on Aruba Natalee Holloway, who disappeared in 2005 after a night out on the Caribbean island. Curacao reported that a radio producer on Twitter based on "an anonymous source." There is an official confirmation yet.
November 22, 2010 at 6:10 pm • Share
3 people like this.( Esseline Jacobus, Lou Jimmy Girigori, Anita Hugen)

Renée Gielen and there is also half bone found jaja
http://edition.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/
and while everyone is shocked by a bluff might twitter
November 22, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Anita Hugen Now the pieces fit together.
November 22, 2010 at 7:03 pm

Renée Gielen Yes, but then the pieces.
Peter is now not happy with the fun twitter
November 22, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Dolph Van Stapele I think I'm going to do on a Bodt ...
November 22, 2010 at 7:05 pm • 1 person liked this (Anita Hugen)

Rob Reusel It was nice for BN's voice (the newspaper of Brabant)
November 22, 2010 at 7:08 pm • 1 person liked this (Renée Gielen)

John Baselmans Dollph We know better. This case is very dirty and that organization is called di CID, does everything to make this slide into the shoes of Joran. Unfortunately, there is much information and not on the Internet and so many times I 'gebaned' because I was brought out. Female Natalee is found in South America to do some extra money to win. Good luck with your work.
November 23, 2010 at 12:04 pm * 2 people liked this (Anita Hugen and Renée Gielen)

*Renée Gielen @ John: I saw you have a comment on the trailer for my documentary. Weather increasing number of hits these days.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDvB5OOd79s
November 23, 2010 at 24:38 pm

John Baselmans Renee course because it's still ridiculous that these scammers ruining lives and do everything to collect large sums of money! Natalee is alive and we all know that CID but keep her away from everything and let us believe in but one of a murderer Joran! Even that last murder he did not because even if given as a weak rattle matter where I keep busy with several.
November 23, 2010 at 24:52 pm

* including the "erased" ones...hermanvandijk has posted over a hundred comments on that youtube page!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: January 16, 2011, 03:41:42 AM »

************ IN 2011 ************
an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #405 on: January 16, 2011, 10:06:09 AM »

I am getting the problem now this morning too and so is Red.  Thanks for giving us the headsup.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: January 16, 2011, 01:09:53 PM »

http://amigoenieuws.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1809:genezingsproces-patienten-dengue-krijgt-voorrang&catid=108:artikelen-aruba&Itemid=199

Google translation:

Healing dengue patients get priority

Saturday, January 15, 2011 6:55 p.m.

ORANGE CITY - Department of Public Health is currently focused in the fight against dengue mainly on the healing of dengue patients. The approach of breeding sites has less priority.
Health And according to this approach works. "We're in a dengue fever epidemic and we can not stop as long as it continues to rain. What we can stop, or at least try, is that people become seriously ill from dengue. Doctors are therefore since late last year aimed at patients who report to them, cases of dengue quickly recognize and forward it to the hospital. There they are treated so they will not be more ill with dengue or even death. "The Director of Department of Health, Ian, Derek Block, the numbers of dengue available until December and that during December there was an epidemic. How early January was that he does not know. "But it was colder and more windy. I can imagine that this is a positive effect on our approach to dengue. "

No checks
The dengue control team, especially along the houses, to control breeding and fines to force people to remove them is not currently active. That has to do with the choice to now mainly to treat patients. Fines are therefore not distributed. Block according to the regular inspections of the Yellow Fever Mosquito Control Department, however, continues. "But they make - yet - no fines." He expects that if the number of dengue cases decrease again, that the occurrence of breeding then more attention is given and the dengue audit then again on the move.

New head GKMB
The Yellow Fever Mosquito Control Service (GKMB) since January 1 has a new head: Roque Dirksz. He was "after a long search in the government" selected and is considered "very capable". Dirksz comes from Biblioteca Nacional. Health Department Director-Derek Ian Block recognizes it as a strange move can happen, but insists the experience Dirksz brings. "He has managerial experience, an HBO management background and - very important - experience in pest control and knowledge of mosquito control." Dirksz get to work with the National Dengue Plan, according to Blok in concept is ready and the Minister must be approved. The objective of this plan is that Aruba in 2012 as well as dengue-free. "The goal we have with the appointment of Dirksz can get," said Block. Dirksz has been commissioned this year to focus on training people to become special police officer, so they all checks as necessary to give a penalty. It is also the intention to train staff to raise awareness about dengue fever and mosquito control to show the bario programs and schools.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: January 16, 2011, 01:23:22 PM »

http://amigoenieuws.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1752:dow-moet-projecten-kia-aan-rechter-overleggen&catid=108:artikelen-aruba&Itemid=199

Google translation:

DOW KIA projects must submit to court

Friday, January 14, 2011 7:09 p.m.

ORANGE CITY - Department of Public Works (DOW) leading to a report Monday in the Court over its planned projects in the correction Institute Aruba (KIA). The judge asked this yesterday at the end of the treatment of the lawsuit that forty prisoners were brought against the country Aruba.
Iris Orman lawyer who represented the country during the case, said during the treatment that there is work scheduled for maintenance, repair and improvement of facilities of the prison. Some work has even started. It also said that the description of living conditions in jail as John Zara, the lawyer for the detainees, has given not beat reality. She showed pictures that were taken recently in prison. According to Zara are made behind the photographs in the women's KIA, in a better condition than the rest of the prison.

Detainees at present interim
Zara KIA had gotten to a delegation of five detainees at the treatment to live. Besides trafficking suspect Alex Mathew Stone and Roberto Life sat yesterday Alivio Boekhoudt, and Mario Francisco Geerman Maduro behalf of the detainees in the room. The detainees had filed the lawsuit because of the appalling conditions in prison. The entire cell block during the rainy season would suffer from flooding. Water flows inside the cells so that the floors stay wet and there is poor ventilation in the cells of nine square meters, which are usually shared by three inmates.
According to lawyer Zara, this involves a breach of the Treaty of Rome, including indicating that detainees not be tortured. According to counsel includes the living conditions under the name KIA torture. He told The Daily that the Treaty of Rome also has direct effect in the law in Aruba. "This Treaty shall enter into force as hard as any other private law of the island. The country is therefore acting illegally by the current situation in KIA maintain. "During the session Zara also pointed to the fact that the Monitoring Group on Prisons of Aruba a claim by his client Mathew and Natural Stone had declared valid. They complained about the flooding persists and the number of inmates per cell. The Commission has even sent a letter to Secretary Arthur Dower (AVP) of Justice and Education. The letter states that the problems in the prison only through substantial transformation "to solve. However, this would not necessarily occur in the short term, the commission said in its letter to the minister.

Through an employee leaves Iris Giel, acting chief Design and Planning at Dow, to know that this newspaper report on the work done this afternoon KIA. Monday at eleven o'clock in the morning, the report considered by the judge.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #408 on: January 16, 2011, 01:26:18 PM »

http://amigoenieuws.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1751:advocaat-eist-vrijlating-joran&catid=108:artikelen-aruba&Itemid=199

Google translation:

Lawyer demands release Joran

Friday, January 14, 2011 7:06 p.m.

ORANGE CITY / LIMA - Joran van der Sloot's lawyer Máximo Altez demands release of his client because of errors in the judicial process. Although Joran now than six months on remand, he is still before the courts. The reason given is that no certified interpreter is available.
However, the Worldwide Altez says that this is no excuse. He mentions the fact that there is still no Dutch-Spanish interpreter is "an error of law system '. It is according to the lawyer being the responsibility of the judiciary to find the interpreter. An initiative of Altez to an interpreter using the Dutch embassy, came to nothing. Counsel referred this back to the Tribunal. The hearing must also within the statutory period of eighteen months of the detention place. Altez has no confidence that the hearing will take place within that time limit.

Joran is trapped in the heavily guarded Castro Castro prison in Lima, on suspicion of murder Stephany Flores on May 31 last year. The family of murdered Flores outrage at the demand of the lawyer. Through their lawyer, the family in the Peruvian media stated: "Throughout the process, he kept silent and coincidentally the statutory deadline gets closer, he suddenly wants a hearing. The absence of an interpreter is not the only reason why the hearing has not yet occurred. "What other reason would there be, is not reported.

Joran van der Sloot is still main suspect in the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway in Aruba May 31 2005. Although the strong suspicion that Natalee is brought to life, for lack of evidence is Joran never charged in connection with this disappearance.

kkthy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #409 on: January 16, 2011, 01:56:58 PM »

I've spent HOURs this morning reading and reading and reading the information here and only went back a few months.  I can't believe how hard everyone has worked at putting together all of the facts.  This site has a huge amount of information to help people to understand how the investigation was handled from day one.   I read my words and they don't express it strong enough.  I commend you all.    an angelic monkey

Unforgotten....

A smile goes a long way.... Smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #410 on: January 16, 2011, 02:00:47 PM »

http://www.clickonaruba.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=721

Saturday nite Jan. 15

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: January 16, 2011, 02:01:48 PM »

I've spent HOURs this morning reading and reading and reading the information here and only went back a few months.  I can't believe how hard everyone has worked at putting together all of the facts.  This site has a huge amount of information to help people to understand how the investigation was handled from day one.   I read my words and they don't express it strong enough.  I commend you all.    an angelic monkey

Thanks kkthy!   

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #412 on: January 16, 2011, 02:10:17 PM »

I've spent HOURs this morning reading and reading and reading the information here and only went back a few months.  I can't believe how hard everyone has worked at putting together all of the facts.  This site has a huge amount of information to help people to understand how the investigation was handled from day one.   I read my words and they don't express it strong enough.  I commend you all.    an angelic monkey

kkthy,

Most of us began reading and posting from the beginning on what is referred to the Front Page www.scaredmonkeys.com and then when they started this forum, we continued to post here and/or the FP.  Early on, there were a couple of system crashes due to heavy traffic and bandwidth issues.  Some info from the early years was lost, but most was retrievable and is here in the archives.  

Members have come and gone, but for the most part, the faithful have continued to post information pertinent to the case, people related to the case or Aruba, in general.  

fixed my typo
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 02:26:12 PM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: January 16, 2011, 02:22:19 PM »

Filthy disgusting hands.  I can't believe a certain former SM member let him touch her.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: January 16, 2011, 02:23:30 PM »

kkthy,

Most of us began reading and posting from the beginning on what is referred to the Front Page www.scaredmonkeys.com and then when they started this forum, we continued to post here and/or the FP.  Early on, there were a couple of system crashes due to heavy traffic and bandwidth issues.  Some info from the early years was lost, but most was retrievable and is here in the archives. 

Members have come and gone, but for the most part, the faithful have continued to post information pertainent to the case, people related to the case or Aruba, in general. 

Yep, most of us have been on the case since June 2005.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: January 16, 2011, 02:29:40 PM »

I could throw up when I see his hands.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #416 on: January 16, 2011, 02:33:16 PM »

Yeah, what is that on his knuckle...ringworm?  ugh.

Seeing him, period, is nauseating, imo.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: January 16, 2011, 02:38:48 PM »

http://www.coolaruba.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=39

Fakkel Optocht 2011 8Jan Part3

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #418 on: January 16, 2011, 02:40:44 PM »

Filthy disgusting hands.  I can't believe a certain former SM member let him touch her.

Totally disgusting!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #419 on: January 16, 2011, 02:42:14 PM »

Yeah, what is that on his knuckle...ringworm?  ugh.

Seeing him, period, is nauseating, imo.

It looks like a huge wart, that is alive and well to me.  Sickening! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.