March 28, 2024, 11:53:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #855 12/30/10 -  (Read 443658 times)
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #420 on: January 16, 2011, 03:20:02 PM »

I could throw up when I see his hands.

Yeah, what is that on his knuckle...ringworm?  ugh.

Seeing him, period, is nauseating, imo.

My instant reaction as well.

Nauseating.

Not enough lysol in the world.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #421 on: January 16, 2011, 03:25:06 PM »

http://www.coolaruba.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=39

Fakkel Optocht 2011 8Jan Part3

Rona Coster Kahan, Brianna Escobedo, Jennifer Coster

Another one with some of Joran's friends and/or character witnesses

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #422 on: January 16, 2011, 03:32:42 PM »

My instant reaction as well.

Nauseating.

Not enough lysol in the world.

The thing is, we're just looking at the exterior (Gross!!)  I can't imagine what his mind would look like    (Maximum Grossness!!)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #423 on: January 16, 2011, 04:35:56 PM »

It looks like a huge wart, that is alive and well to me.  Sickening! 

Do you mean the one between his shoulders   pukel
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #424 on: January 16, 2011, 04:45:52 PM »

Yep, that one too!    puker

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #425 on: January 16, 2011, 05:07:22 PM »

Steve Croes/Geoffrey van Cromvoirt - Somebody Needs to Connect the Dots

Aruba Authorities Detail Murder Suspicions
Friday, June 24, 2005

Joran van der Sloot (search) and his friends Deepak and Satish Kalpoe are being held under suspicion of murder and kidnapping as well as being an accessory to murder.

A fourth man, party boat DJ Steve Croes, is being held under the same conditions.

The fifth man, Paul van der Sloot (search) — the father of 17-year-old Joran — was being held on suspicion of complicity to pre-meditated murder, complicity to kidnapping and murder and kidnapping. Under the Aruban system, complicity is a lesser charge.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160654,00.html

Did New Holloway Suspect Know Natalee?
Wednesday, April 19, 2006

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: John, what I heard a little bit earlier today from someone I spoke to in Aruba is that the lawyer for "G.V.C." is also the lawyer — it's a woman — who represented Steve Croes, who is the man who came forward with the false alibi to the police which supported lie number one of Deepak, Satish and Joran.  Do you know anything about the lawyer representing both Steve Croes and now "G.V.C."?

JOHN Q. KELLY, HOLLOWAY FAMILY ATTORNEY: I know that's the situation. It's a woman, and that is the person who represented Croes and would be representing this individual now. And actually, Ms. Janssen, when I talked to her today, she was just getting ready to turn over the dossier to "G.V.C.'s" attorney for review before they did go into court.

VAN SUSTEREN: Now, Steve Croes, John — it was sort of a curious thing. He came forward seemingly out of the blue and said that he witnessed Deepak, Satish and Joran dropping Natalee off at the Holiday Inn and stumbling, and then two security guards coming up. That was a complete lie that he sort of volunteered, went to the police. He was taken into custody. He was then released.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,192309,00.html

Did New Holloway Suspect Know Natalee?
Wednesday, April 19, 2006

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: Then it's bizarre that this lawyer would represent both Steve Croes and GVC because at least here in the United States, I think most lawyers would say that there is a potential for conflict of interest and a lawyer shouldn't be representing both.

JOHN Q. KELLY, HOLLOWAY FAMILY ATTORNEY: I think that's right.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,192309,00.html

Transcript: Stunning Development in Holloway Case
Tuesday, April 18, 2006

BETH TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S MOTHER: .... And when I think of Joran van der Sloot and when I think of Steven Croes and I think of this new suspect ( and the lies that were coming out early, very early, the moment we arrived on the island, if we find out that these three suspects are acquaintances or know each other — somebody needs to connect the dots. I mean, there certainly is a reason why Steven Croes came forward early on and stated, lied to the authorities that he had seen the two security guards taking Natalee. You know, people don't just do that for no reason, Greta. Somebody needs to connect the dots on those three ...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,192141,00.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #426 on: January 16, 2011, 05:25:26 PM »

Serious/Strong Suspicions?

Aruba Authorities Detail Murder Suspicions
Friday, June 24, 2005

Joran van der Sloot (search) and his friends Deepak and Satish Kalpoe are being held under suspicion of murder and kidnapping as well as being an accessory to murder.

A fourth man, party boat DJ Steve Croes, is being held under the same conditions.

The fifth man, Paul van der Sloot (search) — the father of 17-year-old Joran — was being held on suspicion of complicity to pre-meditated murder, complicity to kidnapping and murder and kidnapping. Under the Aruban system, complicity is a lesser charge.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160654,00.html

NANCY GRACE
Aired July 14, 2005 - 20:00   ET

ARLENE ELLIS-SCHIPPER, ARUBAN ATTORNEY: There is no grand jury in Aruba. It`s a different system.  You are arrested based on suspicion, on strong suspicion.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0507/14/ng.01.html

Suspects in teen’s disappearance held after hearing
updated 6/9/2005 4:42:19 AM ET

Under Aruban law, only serious suspicion from investigators — not solid evidence — is needed for a judge to rule that suspects can be held, (Noraina) Pietersz said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8079019/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #427 on: January 16, 2011, 06:34:12 PM »

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #428 on: January 16, 2011, 08:46:04 PM »

STEVE CROES

Model Employee

NANCY GRACE
Aired June 17, 2005 - 20:00:00   ET

GRACE: Karl, do we know if there was a special party booked that Sunday night that she went missing?

PENHAUL: We don`t have that answer yet. We are looking into that to see what the boat`s movements were. We do know from the owner, Marcus Williams (sic), that Steve Croes did have a key to the boat. But the owner also tells us that the boat has a special electronic security system on it and he doesn`t believe that Steve Croes would have been able to take the boat without his permission. And he has described Steve Croes as a model employee.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0506/17/ng.01.html

Fired

NANCY GRACE
Aired June 29, 2005 - 20:00:00   ET

GRACE: So you heard a Kalpoe brother on the phone at an Internet cafe cooking up this story. And you told the cops, right?

S. CROES: Yes.

GRACE: Now, when you were behind bars, how did you convince the cops that you didn`t have anything to do with it, that you overheard it?

S. CROES: Well, I just start talking everything the truth, like where I was that day, the day I had, like, a night shift on the boat, like as a watchman. So I was sleeping on the boat. And, yes, that I wasn`t even there.

GRACE: Is it true that you have been fired from your job over this whole thing?

S. CROES: Yes. Yesterday during the afternoon I had, like, this meeting with my ex-boss and his lawyer, and they told me that I was fired.

GRACE: Steve, while you were behind bars, did you speak to or overhear Van Der Sloot or the Kalpoe brothers talking?

S. CROES: No, I didn`t -- I don`t even know these guys. The only thing that I know is what I heard, that this guy talking on the phone. But I don`t know these guys. They don`t know me.

During my confrontations with the cops with these guys, they also admitted that they don`t know me. So I just put myself in trouble without knowing anything. So it was like a stupid mistake that I did.

GRACE: Steve, when you overheard the Kalpoe brother talking on, I guess, the cell phone at the Internet cafe, was it Deepak or Satish Kalpoe?

S. CROES: Deepak, Deepak, yes.

GRACE: OK. What was it exactly that he was saying, that you overheard?

S. CROES: Just the story that they dropped the girl at the hotel. The girl fell from the car, and they tried to help her to go back into the lobby, and that was the story.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0506/29/ng.01.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #429 on: January 16, 2011, 09:37:33 PM »

Steve Croes - According to Deepak Kalpoe

Deepak Kalpoe - Suspect Statement - June 9, 2005

I have to inform you that I was contacted a few days ago by a boy named Steve. Steve said to me that he saw us on May 30th 2005 when we dropped the girl off in the nightly hours. Steve's phone number is REMOVED.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=213.0

Deepak Kalpoe - Suspect Statement - June 12, 2005

You are telling me that I made a statement about a Steve yesterday and now you are asking me who Steve is. Steve is a customer who comes to my place of work to internet.

To your question as to what exactly Steve had told me, I can state the following. I was talking to someone on the phone about what had happened and when I hung up the phone Steve said to me that I should not worry because he had seen us dropping off the girl at the hotel, he even saw that she had fallen down and that Joran had helped her up.

To your question as to where Steve was to have been able to see to see all of this, I can state the following. I didn't ask him where he was in order to have seen all of this. He also told me that he had not been into work that day. He instead had been at "Carlos & Charlies" and because of that he was in two minds about going to the police because he feared loosing his job.

To your question as to how I got hold of his mobile phone number, I can state the following. I had asked him for his number and had told him that I would give it to the police if I would get into trouble so that they could call him.

To your question as to how it is possible that I state that Steve was not sure whether he should go to the police or not because he was afraid to loose his job, but that on the night in question, he did go to a public place like "Carlos & Charlies" and on top of that gave me his phone number so that he now can be sent for to testify, I can state the following. You should ask him.

To your question whether Steve knows Joran, I can state the following. Steve does not know Joran.

To your question whether Steve knows my brother, I can state the following.

To your question whether I have spoken to my brother about Steve, I can state the following. I have spoken to everybody about Steve, with my mother, Satish, Joran and Joran's parents.

To your question whether I gave all of them Steve's mobile phone number, I can state the following. No, I kept the number to myself.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=215.0

Deepak Kalpoe - Suspect Statement - June 16, 2005

To your question whether I can explain how Steve got his story, I can say the following. I know that he overheard me on the phone at work, telling the story to someone. After he had heard he came to me with the story. I know it is impossible that he saw us, because we were never at the "Holiday Inn". If you ask him detailed questions, he can make no other statement.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=185.0

Steve Croes - According to Satish Kalpoe

Satish Kalpoe - Suspect Statement - June 10, 2005

I do remember now that my brother had told me. Last week Friday my brother told me that the man Steve had seen us when we dropped off Natalee Holloway that night at the Holiday Inn Hotel. My brother Deepak told me that Steve had said to him that he had seen us. I myself do not know Steve. My brother thinks that Steve works at Digicel. I don't personally know Steve. I have never seen Steve. According to my brother Steve had told him that he had dropped off people at the Holiday Inn on Monday May 30th at approximately 01.45 hours. My brother has also told me that Steve was also in Carlos & Charlies that night. My brother also told me that Steve also had seen us coming out of Carlos & Charlies with the girl Natalee. On that particular day it was going from a Sunday to a Monday and it wasn't busy at that moment in time. The traffic wasn't busy either at that moment in time. It was approximately 01.15 hours when we came out of Carlos & Charlies. When we were leaving Carlos & Charlies we immediately walked towards the car. I think that the girl briefly talked to her friends that were standing in front of Carlos & Charlies. Joran was with her and I think he too briefly waited for her. According to my brother Steve was supposed to work that night and he had quietly slipped out to go to Carlos & Charlies. My brother did not tell to me in what kind of car Steve drives. My brother also told me that Steve had also seen that the girl Natalee had fallen down from the car and that Joran had gone to help her get up. According to me Steve had told my brother that he was dropping off tourists at the Holiday Inn Hotel that night. I did not ask my brother what kind of car Steve drives and he also did not tell me that.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=216.0

Satish Kalpoe - Suspect Statement - June 11, 2005

Two weeks ago my brother came home from work in the afternoon it was approximately 16.00 hours. My brother came to my room. He told me that during the day, while he was working, a boy had come up to him named Steve and that he had told him that he had seen us dropping off the girl at the Holiday Inn. My brother had told me that Steve could tell in detail how he had seen us leave Carlos & Charlies and had seen us later at the Holiday Inn. Steve supposedly also saw how the girl had fallen down and how our long friend had helped the girl get back to her feet. My brother had told me that this guy Steve had given him his phone-number, just in case he had to go to the police and give a statement as a witness.

According to my brother this guy Steve told him that he was supposed to go to work that day, but that he didn't go to work.

My brother had told me that he had seen Steve before, but that he hadn't known his name.

I asked my brother how that was possible because we didn't drop off the girl at the Holiday Inn.

To your question as to what I think the story of this Steve is all about, I can state the following. My brother and me both thought it was strange. I cannot give any explanation for it.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=186.0

Steve Croes - According to Joran

Face to Face with Steve Croes and Joran - June 18, 2005

We, Johny Melvis ERASMUS and Shaniro Baldrik KELLY, respectively agent first class and sergeant at the Korps police force Aruba and at the section district II, explains the following:

On 18 June 2005, the S.G.C.J Croes faced suspect around 17:35, a closed meeting with the suspect Joran was faced.

The suspected S.G.C.J Croes explained:

-   That he does not know the suspected J.A.P.van der Sloot

-   That he had never seen the suspect J.A.P. van der Sloot ever before in his life.

The suspect J.A.P. van der Sloot explained

-   That he did not know S.G.C.J. Croes

-   That suspect J.A.P. van der Sloot had never seen the suspect S.G.C.J. Croes ever before in his life.

Of what our, ERASMUS and KELLY on oath of office made up warrant, and has been signed at Oranjestad on June 18, 2005 and has been closed.

Signed,

J.M. ERASMUS                             S.B. KELLY

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=248.0

_____

kkthy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #430 on: January 16, 2011, 10:25:20 PM »

I've spent HOURs this morning reading and reading and reading the information here and only went back a few months.  I can't believe how hard everyone has worked at putting together all of the facts.  This site has a huge amount of information to help people to understand how the investigation was handled from day one.   I read my words and they don't express it strong enough.  I commend you all.    an angelic monkey

kkthy,

Most of us began reading and posting from the beginning on what is referred to the Front Page www.scaredmonkeys.com and then when they started this forum, we continued to post here and/or the FP.  Early on, there were a couple of system crashes due to heavy traffic and bandwidth issues.  Some info from the early years was lost, but most was retrievable and is here in the archives.  

Members have come and gone, but for the most part, the faithful have continued to post information pertinent to the case, people related to the case or Aruba, in general.  

fixed my typo

Well, it is clear that all of your work is of great benefit to educate readers and for keeping Natalee's story alive.  Beth seemed so happy that Natalee came to mind right away when the jawbone was found and her efforts along with this site with all of the detailed information is what has kept Natalee's story alive.    I still have a LOT of reading to do to catch up.

Unforgotten....

A smile goes a long way.... Smile
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #431 on: January 16, 2011, 11:14:06 PM »

kkthy

In a nutshell each of Dave and Beth's respective books provide a great foundational knowledge of the Natalee Holloway story.  Ongoing research will not seem so overwhelming.

Janet

++++++

ARUBA: THE TRAGIC UNTOLD STORY OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY AND CORRUPTION IN PARADISE
By Dave Holloway

Publisher: Thomas Nelson Publishers-Business (Mar 15 2006)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1595550631
ISBN-13: 978-1595550637

LOVING NATALEE
A MOTHER'S TESTAMENT OF HOPE AND FAITH

By Beth Holloway

ISBN: 9780061452277
ISBN10: 0061452270
Imprint: HarperOne
On Sale: 10/2/2007

_____

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #432 on: January 16, 2011, 11:21:02 PM »

kkthy

In a nutshell each of Dave and Beth's respective books provide a great foundational knowledge of the Natalee Holloway story.  Ongoing research will not seem so overwhelming.

Janet

++++++

By Dave Holloway

LOVING NATALEE

By Beth Holloway

This is another good place to read:

http://nataleesfreebirds.blogspot.com/2007/10/in-face-of-evil-may-30-2005.html

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #433 on: January 16, 2011, 11:22:08 PM »

Beth Holloway: From Victim To Victor

A Tale Of Caution And Resiliency Presented To Waterford
By Paul Petrone | Email the author | 5:55am Add a comment (0 comments )

Beth Holloway poses with fan Angie Pelletieu.

Credit Paul Petrone Photos (1)  Credit Paul Petrone http://o2.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/273x203/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/b3b41be408416530463394efc4a9f7b8

On May 25, 2005, one day after graduating from high school, 18-year-old Natalee Holloway was headed out the door for her senior trip. Her mother asked her if she had her sunscreen, passport and so on.

“At first, ‘yes, ma’am,’ then finally, ‘yes, Mom!” said Beth Holloway, recalling the words of her daughter, who had grown tired of the questioning.

So Beth backed off and watched her daughter get into a car headed to the airport. Natalee was off to Aruba with her classmates on a four-day excursion before getting ready to head to the University of Alabama on a full scholarship.

It would be the last time Beth Holloway would ever see her daughter.          

“After all I went through, I have every right to get in a hole and never get out,” Holloway said. “But I have chosen not to do that. We have choices on how to live our lives.”

On Thursday night in front of hundreds of people in the Waterford High School auditorium, Holloway told her story of pain and suffering, and her frustration at the Aruba police departments. More than five years after Natalee disappeared, the case remains unsolved.

On May 30, the last day of the senior trip, Natalee Holloway went to Carlos’n Charlie’s, a popular nightclub. There, Holloway met 17-year-old Joran van der Sloot, who reportedly bought her alcoholic drinks, including a shot of Bacardi 151, which has nearly twice the alcohol level of a normal shot.

Then, things become blurry. Holloway went into Van der Sloot’s car and then they engaged in sexual activities. It is not known if the sex was consensual. Everything after that is completely unknown, except one thing: Nobody has seen Natalee Holloway since.

Police Response

Once Beth Holloway received word later that day that her daughter had not arrived at the airport, panic struck.

“In that moment I got the call that all parents dread the minute our child is born,” Holloway said. “From that day, my life was changed forever.”

Holloway immediately flew to Aruba to search for her daughter. She contacted Aruban police, although soon realized they would be little help.

The police said to wait, that she would be returned home when the crack addicts who likely abducted her ran through her money, Holloway said. Police told her it was common for crack addicts to kidnap tourists, get them high on crack, steal their money and credit cards and then drop them back off at Carlos’n Charlie’s, Holloway said.

Refusing to just sit and wait, Holloway went on the offensive. She went to dozens upon dozens of crack houses looking for her daughter, only to find nothing.

Holloway soon heard of Van der Sloot, the last person to see Natalee Holloway alive. She confronted him, eager for details.

Van der Sloot said he had sex with Natalee Holloway, and then dropped her off at her hotel. Hotel security footage never showed Natalee Holloway return that night, Beth Holloway said.

Van der Sloot was eventually taken into custody by Aruban police, where he gave 22 different versions of what happened that night, Holloway said. Still, no search warrant was ever granted to search his home, and he was never formally charged with any crime.

Throughout this initial phase, Holloway did not shower, barely slept and hardly ate. After the original four days of constant searching for her daughter, and getting nowhere with police, Holloway began to break down mentally and physically.

“After being numb for so many days there was pain now, torturous pain,” she said. "I knew I had to find a place to pray.”

She tracked down a cab, which took her to a chapel. There, Holloway kneeled and begged for answers.

“I know in that moment, Natalee was with God,” Holloway said. “And I (was) in peace.”

Holloway would continue the search, and continues to this day. Nobody has ever been charged with any crime related to the disappearance, and Natalee’s body was never found.

Van der Sloot was charged with first-degree murder in Peru for allegedly killing Stephany Flores Ramírez on May 30, 2010, exactly five years after Natalee Holloway's disappearance.

Beth Holloway’s Mission

On Thursday, Beth Holloway did not speak to Waterford residents just to rehash the mystery surrounding her daughter’s disappearance. She also pushed for people to take care of themselves and have a plan of action when going anywhere, especially out of the country.

“Our children must know their personal safety is up to them,” Holloway said. “(Teenagers are) too old to be guarded by us, but too young not to be reminded that there are dangerous people and dangerous places.”

Holloway pushed her “360 full safety plan,” where teenagers should not just plan where they are going, but how they are getting home. She also started the Natalee Holloway Research Center at the National Museum of Crime & Punishment to aid families of missing persons and Mayday 360, a service that gives legal, political and police resources to Americans overseas.

The inspiration to keep working, and to keep telling her story is fueled by her daughter, Holloway said. If she can just make one person safer, make just one person more aware of problems that can happen, it is all worth it, Holloway said.

“Natalee had real hope,” she said. “The hope that filled her life, now fills mine.”

Waterford’s Role

The presentation was sponsored by the Waterford Justice League, a combination of Waterford Youth Services, Clark Lane Middle School and the Waterford Police Department to inform children about the dangers of drugs and weapons and to make police more accessible to the community. Overall, 19 middle school students entered the program, all on hand for Holloway’s presentation.

“I just thought it was amazing how somebody could talk about something like that,” said middle school student Alaina Milukas, a member of the league.

“It was very inspiring,” added her brother Matthew Milukas, also part of the league. “The will power to overcome something like that and turn it into a positive is really amazing.”

Clark Lane Principal Michael Lovetere, a father of two, was particularly touched by the presentation.

“My youngest daughter was the same age as Natalee, and I remember that whole summer (my wife and I) were glued to the television set,” Lovetere said. “We could really relate to it.”

Lovetere’s daughter was set to travel abroad to Italy for college, and from there she would often go to other European countries, he said. With the case going on, sleep was not easy to come by, he said.

“It just lets you know that it can happen to any of us,” he said. “It just makes you worried.”

If something did happen, the courage to get up and speak about it would be hard to come by, he said. If something happened to one of his daughters, it would probably be too much to handle, Lovetere said.

“I don’t know how you go on,” he said. “I have kids and I just don’t know how you can go on.”

What did you take from Beth Holloway's presentation? Tell us in the comments.

This was on of Beth friends

I'm happy you got to meet her in person Blonde.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 10:16:24 AM by klaasend » Logged
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #434 on: January 16, 2011, 11:24:46 PM »

Filthy disgusting hands.  I can't believe a certain former SM member let him touch her.

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #435 on: January 17, 2011, 12:22:10 AM »

Steve Croes - According to Joran van der Sloot

Transcript: Joran van der Sloot Goes 'On the Record,' Part 2
Friday, March 03, 2006

VAN SUSTEREN: Coming up, another arrest was made in the Holloway case but party boat DJ Steve Croes was he an innocent bystander or was he part of a conspiracy?

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

VAN DER SLOOT: I don't know the guy. I've never met him before.

VAN SUSTEREN: You don't know this guy?

VAN DER SLOOT: I don't know this guy and I never talked to him before in my life.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,186707,00.html

Transcript: Joran van der Sloot Goes 'On the Record,' Part 2
Friday, March 03, 2006

VAN SUSTEREN: Three weeks into the Natalee Holloway investigation the two innocent security guards had been arrested and then released. Joran van der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers were in jail.

Then came a new development. Police arrested an Aruban DJ who worked on the party boat Tattoo. We sat down with Joran van der Sloot and asked him about Steve Croes.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

VAN SUSTEREN: Do you know the DJ for the Tattoo, the party boat?

VAN DER SLOOT: Yes, that's another thing that, you know, we talked about that I wanted to talk to you about too. I mean that's — like I even feel, I feel horrible for too. I mean he was just trying — trying to help. I don't know the guy. I've never met him before.

VAN SUSTEREN: You don't know this guy?

VAN DER SLOOT: I don't know this guy and I never talked to him before in my life.

VAN SUSTEREN: Do you know if Deepak knows him?

VAN DER SLOOT: I don't know if Deepak knew him. All that happened this one day he called me and he said, you know, "I got the jackpot" and I was like "Yes, what happened?" He's like, "Oh, don't worry. I'm going to come — I'm going to come to your house and tell you."

And then he came to me and he said that someone had come up to him and said that he saw us, that he'd seen us drop the girl off at the Holiday Inn and that he would — and that, yes, if there was anything he'd testify to that to police. That's what Deepak told me. So, I was like, you know, OK. That's great.

VAN SUSTEREN: So, Deepak was adding to the lie essentially coming up with a corroboration of the lie, the Holiday Inn's lie.

VAN DER SLOOT: Yes, you know, he talked to the — I don't know what - - I wasn't there when he talked to Steve Croes. I don't know what went along with him but, you know, he just talked to Deepak and he came, yes, and that Steve Croes ended up saying that he saw us dropping Natalee off at the Holiday Inn. And they talked for — I mean they held him for ten days too. I mean that's — that's not — that's not fun to be in jail at all. They talked to him for ten days.

VAN SUSTEREN: But he had — but he had lied. I mean they caught him in that lie.

VAN DER SLOOT: Yes, and then by that time we changed our declaration already. I mean, I mean he lied, yes.

VAN SUSTEREN: So, I take it that Deepak told you that between May 30th and June 9th...

VAN DER SLOOT: Yes.

VAN SUSTEREN: ...told you the story about the Tattoo boat. Did you ask him how he knew the guy?

VAN DER SLOOT: No, he told me he didn't know the guy.

VAN SUSTEREN: The guy just spontaneously came up to him?

VAN DER SLOOT: Yes, at work. That's what he told me. The guy (INAUDIBLE) came up to him at work and told him that.

VAN SUSTEREN: I assume you thought that was odd.

VAN DER SLOOT: I don't know. I don't know. I mean I don't know if that's true or not. I never met the guy before.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,186707,00.html

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #436 on: January 17, 2011, 09:20:42 AM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE AND STEPHANY!

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #437 on: January 17, 2011, 09:23:00 AM »

Beth Holloway, International Travel Safety

Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Featured Conference Speakers
Included among the schedule of diverse and experienced speakers at this national conference are Beth Holloway, mother of missing Natalee Holloway; Dr. Emily Craig, Forensic Anthropologist for the Kentucky State Medical Examiner's Office; Sgt. Jon Mattsen, Detective for Investigative Services at the King County Sheriff's Office in Seattle, Washington; and Dr. Daniel & Gil Harrington, parents of Morgan Harrington. Read these speakers' full biographies below or view the Draft Agenda under the Quick Links section to the right for more topics and scheduled speakers.

http://www.fvtc.edu/public/content.aspx?ID=1238&PID=81

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #438 on: January 17, 2011, 09:27:41 AM »

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1017/Buitenlands-voetbal/article/detail/562626/2011/01/11/Aankoop-in-Peru-krijgt-meteen-bijnaam-Joran.dhtml

http://www.funx.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12196:voetballer-krijgt-bijnaam-joran-in-peru&catid=125:sport&Itemid=423

kkthy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #439 on: January 17, 2011, 09:40:49 AM »

kkthy

Janet

++++++

By Dave Holloway

LOVING NATALEE

By Beth Holloway

This is another good place to read:

http://nataleesfreebirds.blogspot.com/2007/10/in-face-of-evil-may-30-2005.html

Tamikosmom & Kermit,
Thank you for the reminder.  I remember someone posting the names of the books a month or so ago.  I printed it but never ordered the books.  I just ordered the two books via amazon.com this morning.  Smile  I bookmarked the link that Kermit posted (freebirds) too.  Thank for the info.

I tried to peek in here earlier today bit the site was down for some reason.  I'm glad it's back up and running.

Unforgotten....

A smile goes a long way.... Smile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.