March 28, 2024, 12:00:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #855 12/30/10 -  (Read 443660 times)
kkthy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #440 on: January 17, 2011, 10:00:31 AM »

Beth Holloway, International Travel Safety

Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Featured Conference Speakers
Included among the schedule of diverse and experienced speakers at this national conference are Beth Holloway, mother of missing Natalee Holloway; Dr. Emily Craig, Forensic Anthropologist for the Kentucky State Medical Examiner's Office; Sgt. Jon Mattsen, Detective for Investigative Services at the King County Sheriff's Office in Seattle, Washington; and Dr. Daniel & Gil Harrington, parents of Morgan Harrington. Read these speakers' full biographies below or view the Draft Agenda under the Quick Links section to the right for more topics and scheduled speakers.

http://www.fvtc.edu/public/content.aspx?ID=1238&PID=81

I'm not sure if I was reading it right but it sounds like there is something going on at the Fox Valley Tech College AND at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel.... both in Appleton, Wisconsin.  If anyone lives in that area, this sounds very interesting.  Blonde, thanks for posting that info!

Unforgotten....

A smile goes a long way.... Smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #441 on: January 17, 2011, 10:01:23 AM »

Included among the schedule of diverse and experienced speakers at this national conference are Beth Holloway, mother of missing Natalee Holloway; Dr. Emily Craig, Forensic Anthropologist for the Kentucky State Medical Examiner's Office; Sgt. Jon Mattsen, Detective for Investigative Services at the King County Sheriff's Office in Seattle, Washington; and Dr. Daniel & Gil Harrington, parents of Morgan Harrington. Read these speakers' full biographies below or view the Draft Agenda under the Quick Links section to the right for more topics and scheduled speakers.

http://www.fvtc.edu/public/content.aspx?ID=1238&PID=117

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #442 on: January 17, 2011, 10:06:16 AM »

I'm working on bringing the brochure over, may take a little while. 

I wish I could go to this!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

kkthy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #443 on: January 17, 2011, 10:07:14 AM »

That poor guy!  To have the media and fans comparing him to Joran is horrible.     

Unforgotten....

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #444 on: January 17, 2011, 10:42:36 AM »

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #445 on: January 17, 2011, 11:02:33 AM »

http://www.fvtc.edu/public/itemattach.aspx?type=page&id=32507

agenda at-a-glance
Agenda times and content are subject to change.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

10:30 am – 4:00 pm Registration and Information
Desk Open
Noon – 4:00 pm Exhibits Open
1:00 pm – 1:30 pm Opening Session and
Welcoming Remarks
1:30 pm – 1:45 pm Office of Juvenile Justice and
Delinquency Prevention:
A Perspective on Missing
Children’s Issues
1:45 pm – 2:45 pm Many Reasons for Hope
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm A Mother’s Search to Find Her
Daughter: The Holloway
Story
4:00 pm Dinner and Evening
(on your own)
7:00 pm – 8:00 pm Community Presentation

Lessons Learned: A Mother’s Story of Her Missing Daughter
February 22, 2011 | 7 – 8 pm | Fox Valley Technical College in Room A170 A-D
Beth Holloway’s presentation will focus on the memory and legacy of Natalee, with a strong message on lessons learned in personal safety when traveling internationally.
Her address is free and open to the public. For more information, contact (888) 370-1752 or visit www.fvtc.edu/missing

Wednesday, February 23, 2011
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Information Desk and
Exhibits Open
8:30 am – 8:45 am Mayor’s Address
8:45 am – 9:45 am Deploying the Resources:
The Federal Efforts of the
National Institute of Justice
10:00 am – 11:15 am Tough Love: Identifying and
Repatriating Deceased
Victims
11:15 am – 11:30 am Recognition of Conference
Scholarship Awards
11:30 am – 1:00 pm Lunch (on your own)
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm The Green River Killer
Investigation
3:15 pm – 4:45 pm INTERPOL-United States
National Central Bureau
(USNCB)
4:45 pm – 5:00 pm Review of Day 2
5:00 pm Dinner and Evening
(on your own)
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm Database
Demonstration/Registration
with NamUs

Thursday, February 24, 2011
7:30 am – 4:00 pm Information Desk Open
8:00 am – 1:30 pm Exhibits Open
8:00 am – 8:15 am Conference Updates
8:15 am – 9:15 am The Disappearance of
Morgan Harrington
9:30 am – 10:45 am How, When, Who, Where –
Legal Considerations for
Investigating a Missing
Person’s Case
11:00 am – 12:15 pm 1A Issues that Impede
Missing and Unidentified
Persons’ Investigations
1B Vicarious Trauma and Self
Care
12:15 pm – 1:30 pm Lunch (on your own)
1:30 pm – 2:45 pm 2A Framing a Missing Person
Investigation
2B Cold Case Investigations
2C Using the Internet to
Locate Missing Persons
2D Working Together for
Positive Solutions
3:00 pm – 3:45 pm Catalysts For Caring:
What Did We Learn From
Each Other?
3:45 pm – 4:00 pm Closing Comments

Answering the call to identify deceased persons is of utmost importance, not only in assisting in solving unsolved cases, but helping families to come to some resolution to the tragedy that has occurred. Each of us has an obligation, but also the honor to provide the best possible service we can to those who cannot speak for themselves. Speak for them, learn all you can and set upon the task of doing this valuable work.”
P. Michael Murphy, MBA, DBA, Coroner
Clark County, NV

participant comments:

This is the best conference of its type
in the United States!
• What a great experience! As a new analyst
in the field of missing and unidentified
persons, I am going home with additional
tools to use and access.
• I have attended many conferences related to
missing persons over the last several years.
This conference is one of the best I have
ever attended! I find that hearing from the
families of the missing is the most valuable.
As law enforcement, we have to help be the
voice of the missing.
• It was helpful to hear about methods used by
other agencies to search for and identify
missing persons.
• Law enforcement was provided excellent
resources to contact for assistance in
investigations.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #446 on: January 17, 2011, 11:09:05 AM »

My sentiments exactly.   

I also figure Joran is letting his hair grow some more and trying to get his hands on a "pink" SBA jersey!  That will be his next escape plan.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #447 on: January 17, 2011, 11:28:24 AM »

http://www.fvtc.edu/public/content.aspx?ID=1238&PID=104

Sponsorship & Donation Opportunities

February 22-24, 2011 | Appleton, Wisconsin
Sponsor and/or attend the Responding to Missing & Unidentified Persons National Conference
The annual Responding to Missing & Unidentified Persons National Conference has proven to be an invaluable training opportunity for law enforcement, state clearinghouse staff, forensic personnel, families of the missing, and others involved in investigating missing persons and solving unidentified remains cases. Unfortunately many organizations have limited funds allocated for training events and key personnel are unable to attend. Based on numerous requests from past conference participants, the Responding to Missing Persons National Training Conference Financial Assistance Fund has been established. Donations made to this fund will assist those who would not otherwise be able to attend the conference by covering registration fees, lodging, and/or travel costs.

Sponsor/Donate to a Conference Attendee
Would you like to honor a missing loved one or pay tribute to someone who has passed on? Your support and generosity will continue to make a profound impact on achieving the conference goals to educate participants regarding the protocols for responding to missing persons and solving unidentified remains cases. Donations may be made in any amount. You have the opportunity to specify the type(s) of attendee(s) you would like to be awarded with your funding, as well as to contribute in honor/memory of an individual. For more information regarding sponsorship, contact Fox Valley Technical College toll free at (888) 370-1752 or submit a Financial Assistance Sponsorship Form by Monday, January 31, 2011.

Apply for Financial Assistance to Attend the Conference
The Office for Victims of Crime Training and Technical Assistance Center (OVC/TTAC) has awarded funding to FVTC to assist family members of missing persons that would like to attend the 2011 conference. Your involvement in the conference is key to sustaining this important collaborative training opportunity. For more information regarding financial assistance eligibility and criteria, contact Fox Valley Technical College toll free at (888) 370-1752 or submit a Financial Assistance Request Form by Friday, December 31, 2010.

For questions about the conference, sponsorship, and/or financial assistance options, contact Barbara Nelson (phone: 888-370-1752.)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #448 on: January 17, 2011, 11:48:58 AM »

http://www.themorningnewsaruba.com/

1/14/2011 Front Page

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #449 on: January 17, 2011, 11:52:34 AM »

Thanks Blonde

Beth is on a 40 year mission.  If Aruba thinks for one minute the the fortitude of Beth Holloway will fade with time ... think again.  This amazing woman ... this determined mother ... is on a 40 year mission.

Janet

++++++

The Voice of Natalee

'Scarborough Country' for Oct. 24th
updated 7:06 a.m. PT, Tues., Oct. 25, 2005

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, MOTHER OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY: ... I have told Prime Minister Oduber that I will do this, I will be the voice of Natalee for the next 40 years.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9813596

My Pledge

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway.

Page 200:
  My child.  My beautiful daughter.  I can't save her.  It's too late.  Natalee is gone. And second to the great tragedy of losing her is if we fail to learn from what has happened.  I could be any parent in the world.  And no parent should ever go through this experience.  Natalee could be anyone's daughter.  And in these thoughts a new path is made clear.  There is something I can do.  Many people reached out to us, and I can now reach back to them.  It might be too late to save Natalee, but it's not too late to save others.  And it's time now to make good on my pledge to stand before high-school and college students, law enforcement professinals, victims' rights groups, travelers of all ages, and anyone interested in personal safety to share Natalee's story and our hard lessons, so that others might learn from them.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #450 on: January 17, 2011, 12:11:50 PM »

Beth gets it!  She comprehends perfectly.

Janet

+++++

The Forces against Justice for Natalee

Page 158:
  Not long after the "criminals speech," some Arubans back off their prayer vigils for Natalee.  A few protest in the streets against the barage of negative media.  We've worn out our welcom at the Holiday Inn.  And they let us know they've had it.  The Aruba Tourism Authority (ATA), the Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association (AHATA), the Aruba Trade and Industry Association and a scattering of island officials establish the Strategic Communications Task Force to combat the negative media.  And to combat us.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #451 on: January 17, 2011, 12:47:08 PM »

My 27 year old son's lifelong friend is the image of Joran.  He is 6' 4" and cannot purchase shoes to fit him in our area.  He is forced to cross the line to a specialty store in Bellingham, Washington.  The hair style and the beard must be "the look".  However ... unlike Joran ... this guy is has a heart of gold and ... is going to be a Daddy in March.

Janet

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #452 on: January 17, 2011, 01:07:28 PM »

The picture doesn't go with that link, right? 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: January 17, 2011, 02:01:13 PM »

http://www.themorningnewsaruba.com/

1/14/2011 Page 3

kkthy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #454 on: January 17, 2011, 02:52:50 PM »

My 27 year old son's lifelong friend is the image of Joran.  He is 6' 4" and cannot purchase shoes to fit him in our area.  He is forced to cross the line to a specialty store in Bellingham, Washington.  The hair style and the beard must be "the look".  However ... unlike Joran ... this guy is has a heart of gold and ... is going to be a Daddy in March.

Janet

Tamikosmom,
Congrat's to your son's friend becoming Daddy! Smile To me, becoming a parent has to be the most amazing honor.

As far as Joran is concerned... Joran's heart is missing and in it's place is a black hole of darkness. Sad

Unforgotten....

kkthy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #455 on: January 17, 2011, 02:56:50 PM »

I'm not sure who to ask this question.  I have been playing around in my profile and trying change some settings.  I was successful in adding a picture so I'm happy about that.  I went to one area that talked about "notify" and "Messages".  I can't figure out how to use the notify button and can't find it to click on it.  I also can't find how to do messages.  Am I not seeing something, or is that a feature that I just don't have permissions to do?  I had today off so spent more time trying to figure all of this out.

Unforgotten....

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: January 17, 2011, 03:30:50 PM »

That poor guy!  To have the media and fans comparing him to Joran is horrible.     

Janet

Tamikosmom,
Congrat's to your son's friend becoming Daddy! Smile To me, becoming a parent has to be the most amazing honor.

As far as Joran is concerned... Joran's heart is missing and in it's place is a black hole of darkness. Sad

My son's friend and lovely wife will make great parents.  This guy has spent many hours in my hubby's workshop in the past two months refinishing a maple chest of drawers that has been in his family for generations.

You are right.  Joran does not possess a conscience ... a heart.  It is sad.  This young man was raised to believe that the legal and moral boundaries that define a civilized society do not apply to him.  He has never learned that not respecting those boundaries ... there are consequences ... there is accountability.  The adults in his life failed Joran big time.

Janet

++++

THE REST OF THE NIGHT WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for April 3
updated 8:24 a.m. PT, Tues., April. 4, 2006

JOHN Q. KELLY, HOLLOWAY FAMILY ATTORNEY: Well, if you look at the surveillance video footage, it appears that he’s the one sitting directly next to her and tries to engage her in conversation a couple of times.  And it’s sort of ironic that it’s his father who brought his underage son to a casino and left him there after he left, with access to his line of credit, to put this unfortunate chain of events in process.

You know, if Joran had never been there, not been allowed in there, because he’s underage and wasn’t accompanied by his father, the whole rest of the night wouldn’t have happened.

COSBY: You know, and, John, also, why would that be a significant—why is that in conflict to something else we’ve heard maybe from Paulus before?

KELLY: Well, he’s just claiming that, you know, he’s kept an eye on his son, you know, he’s kept him on a short leash, and, you know, his son is very well-behaved. And it turns out that he’s, you know, got him at casinos.  If you’re under 18, you’re not legally even allowed in casinos[, so his son was breaking the law with him enabling it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12150698/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #457 on: January 17, 2011, 03:34:35 PM »

I'm not sure who to ask this question.  I have been playing around in my profile and trying change some settings.  I was successful in adding a picture so I'm happy about that.  I went to one area that talked about "notify" and "Messages".  I can't figure out how to use the notify button and can't find it to click on it.  I also can't find how to do messages.  Am I not seeing something, or is that a feature that I just don't have permissions to do?  I had today off so spent more time trying to figure all of this out.

Klaas and/or Mods will be able to answer you queries best.  I know there is no private messaging or editing options available to Monkeys.

Janet

_____

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #458 on: January 17, 2011, 03:36:52 PM »

kkthy,

PMs or Private Messages are disabled by the Administration.  Early on, PMs were found to be troublesome, therefore, they are not used.  Editing your posts is also disabled for the same reason. 

There is a button at the bottom of each post that says Report to Moderator.  If you have a problem or question about a particular post, this can be used.  Admins & Moderators will get notification and you will get a reply.  Usually, that will be Klaasend.

I'm sorry you spent so much time trying to figure out the notify and message functions.

If I've omitted anything, I am sure another Mod or Klaasend will correct me.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
kkthy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #459 on: January 17, 2011, 03:45:30 PM »

kkthy,

PMs or Private Messages are disabled by the Administration.  Early on, PMs were found to be troublesome, therefore, they are not used.  Editing your posts is also disabled for the same reason. 

There is a button at the bottom of each post that says Report to Moderator.  If you have a problem or question about a particular post, this can be used.  Admins & Moderators will get notification and you will get a reply.  Usually, that will be Klaasend.

I'm sorry you spent so much time trying to figure out the notify and message functions.

If I've omitted anything, I am sure another Mod or Klaasend will correct me.

2NJSons_Mom,
Thank you for the response.  I thought that I was just not looking in the right place.  I will stop looking for those features.    I had forgotten to ask about the signatures.  Is there a signature field that I am not seeing?  That is one last thing that I wondered about.  Thanks again for your help.

Unforgotten....

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.