March 28, 2024, 10:25:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #855 12/30/10 -  (Read 443654 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #480 on: January 18, 2011, 11:12:16 AM »

Looks like Alex Matthews wife Lillian gave an interview:

http://www.24ora.com/corte-mainmenu-29/26612-liliana-mathew-ta-reacciona-ariba-expresionnan-hasi.html

Liliana Mathew: Ta reacciona ariba expresionnan hasi    Print    E-mail
Tuesday, 18 January 2011 10:56

Liliana Mathew ta casa di Alex Mathew kende ta sera den KIA e momentonan aki. Durante entrevista pafor di corte e no a aprecia cierto expression haci. E expression cu no por spera KIA como five star hotel ta un di e aspectonan cu Liliana Mathew a reacciona riba dje..

Through translator:

liliana mathew: is reacciona upstairs expresionnan make
tuesday, 18 january 2011 10:56

liliana mathew is casa of alex mathew that is close in kia the momentonan here. during interview abroad of corte the not owing to aprecia cierto expression haci. the expression cu not can wait for kia because; five star hotel is one of the aspectonan cu liliana mathew owing to reacciona on dje.. come across
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #481 on: January 18, 2011, 01:03:49 PM »

Fee; sorry for the other dude. IMO.. I do not think they look alike at all.. I even put my glasses on.. nope.. still can't see it !
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #482 on: January 18, 2011, 02:53:17 PM »

http://www.srpressgazette.com/news/milton-12136-vanished-holloway.html

Crime show visits Milton
January 18, 2011 12:39 PM

Bill Gamblin

A new, yet-to-be launched TV series has been in Milton working on a story to appear on the Lifetime Channel in late February or early March.

Vanished, a one-hour show, hosted by Beth Holloway, the mother of missing Alabama teen Natalie Holloway, will focus on the two sisters assaulted and stabbed by Warfield Raymond Wike in 1988.

According to one of Vanished’s producers, Matt Sprouse, the hour long show will each week feature two unsolved cases and one case that has been solved.

“We are featuring a solved case to help give those who are watching the show or those connected to the cases we are featuring some hope,” Sprouse said.

Holloway, who is the mother of Natalie Holloway, the young Alabama girl who turned up missing during a school trip to Aruba, will not be in Milton while the show is working on the story of the two girls stabbed by their mother’s boyfriend.

“We might come back and do interviews or bring the people to where Beth is to be interviewed,” Sprouse said.

According to the Sept. 26, 1988 edition of the Press Gazette, Wike was arrested and charged with murder, attempted murder, kidnapping, and sexual battery of two sisters taken from their Pensacola apartment on Sept. 21.

At the time of the abduction Wike was the ex-boyfriend of Patricia Rivazfar, who was 28 at the time. Her daughters were Sarah, age six, and Sayeh, age eight.

According to reports at the time of the incident Sayeh “played dead” after having her throat cut and being stabbed in the chest.

She managed to walk along a road near the Allentown landfill until she was found around 6:30 a.m. on the morning of Sept. 22 of that year.

She had been sexually molested according to authorities and was found about 250 yards from the scene of the crime,

Her six year old sister, Sarah, was found with her throat slashed and her hands bound behind her according to reports.

Wike died of natural causes while in jail on July 6, 2004. He had been sentenced to death on Jan. 11, 1993 and then again to death a second time on Sept. 18, 1995.

He was sentenced to death in the first trial on July 13, 1989 but the sentencing was reversed due to an error in the penalty phase of the case.

Sayeh Rivazfar is currently working in New York as a State Trooper according to Sprouse. Sprouse said she has told him this event in her life led her to go into law enforcement so she could help others.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: January 18, 2011, 03:15:15 PM »

I saw the father of Sarah and Sayeh on a recent special edition of JVM.  Listening to him tell the story was heartbreaking, I cried like a baby.   

Even after all the years since the crimes against his daughters, his pain was still so evident.

If anyone's interested, the link to that part of the show is here:

http://www.cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1011/04/ijvm.01.html

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: January 18, 2011, 08:50:10 PM »

DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW AT 9PM ET TONIGHT!

Clink on the link below just before 9pm ET to listen live:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #485 on: January 19, 2011, 12:37:42 AM »

Keepthefaith, pinetucky, yuknomenot 

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #486 on: January 19, 2011, 12:41:09 AM »

Keepthefaith, pinetucky, yuknomenot 

It's been awhile since I forgot to take my crazy pill and started to have some fun..........

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #487 on: January 19, 2011, 12:58:08 AM »

Ribbit!

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #488 on: January 19, 2011, 01:13:43 AM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE HOLLOWAY & STEPHANY FLORES

GOODNIGHT & GOD BLESS

KEEPTHEFAITH

an angelic monkey

MOHANDAS GANDHI
billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

No Body...No Tourism aruba! Bring Natalee Home!

« Reply #489 on: January 19, 2011, 01:27:00 AM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE HOLLOWAY & STEPHANY FLORES

GOODNIGHT & GOD BLESS

KEEPTHEFAITH

an angelic monkey
Nice to see you posting Keepthefaith..... an angelic monkey
I still read every night....seldom post......
But Justice for Natalee...and Stephany is always in my heart and I know it is just around the corner.... an angelic monkey
Good Night and God Bless to all Good Monkeys.....
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #490 on: January 19, 2011, 01:29:58 AM »

You know I'll answer you whenever I'm on Billb! Was down in your neck of the woods for a BIG victory over the cornhuskers. Had one of the best burgers I've ever had at a place called Hodads in Ocean Beach..IF you ever get there it's definitely worth it!

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #491 on: January 19, 2011, 03:13:38 AM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE AND STEPHANY!

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #492 on: January 19, 2011, 10:20:36 AM »

Natalee Holloway's Impact On The Tourism Demand Of Aruba
Natalee Holloway's impact on the tourism demand of Aruba: An unfortunate incident by M. Kock

(Paperback) Prouduct Description

The purpose of this research is to analyze what effect the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, an American teenage girl, had on the tourism demand of Aruba. A review of cases will reveal if personal harm (loss), in combination with media attention, can have an impact on the tourism demand of a location and therefore also give an indication of what can be expected for the case of Aruba. The findings in this research suggest that the tourism demand coming from the three major markets of Aruba did not experience any significant impact from the disappearance of Natalee Holloway incident.

About the Author

As a native to Aruba and an Economics student I wondered if the disappearance of Natalee Holloway would have any effect on the tourism demand of Aruba.

$67.00 In Stock Ships from and sold by Amazon.com

Prouduct Details

M. Kock  (Author)
Paperback 100 pages
Release date: November 16, 2010 LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing ISBN: 3843368759 ..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html/ref=aw_d_detail?pd=1&a=3843368759

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: January 19, 2011, 10:45:35 AM »

Thanks Blonde - I think TM posted that about a week ago.  Personally I thought $67 was a bit high 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: January 19, 2011, 02:20:51 PM »

http://amigoenieuws.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1948:beslissing-ioc-pijnlijk-moeilijk-en-vervelend&catid=108:artikelen-aruba&Itemid=199

Google translation:

"IOC Decision painful, difficult and boring"

Tuesday, 18 January 2011 7:53 p.m.

ORANGE CITY - "Athletes who spend their entire lives in a country practice their sport, will have to go play for another country. That is very painful, difficult and unpleasant. "Says Nicole Hoevertsz, president of the Aruba National Olympic Committee (COA).
She was reacting to a recent decision by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). The recognition of the Olympic Committee of the Netherlands Antilles (NAOC) is in June this year withdrawn. The reason is that the Netherlands Antilles by October 10, 2010 no longer exist and the individual islands in the current Olympic status no longer own National Olympic Committee may establish. Aruba also would not currently qualify for its own Olympic Committee, told this newspaper Hoevertsz. "Because we have no independent country." But because COA was created before the rules changed in 1996, Aruba can still maintain their own National Committee.

Hoevertsz worked with Prince Willem-Alexander, Dutch member of the International Olympic Committee, in recent months to finding a solution to this problem. Actually, even the athletes at the upcoming Olympics to play for a kingdom of the two committees. The IOC, however, as an interim solution in mind that athletes from the former West Indies for the upcoming Olympics dispensation. They may, under the Olympic flag and status of 'independent athlete "broadcast. After the London Olympics in 2012 athletes from St. Maarten, Curacao, Saba, St. Eustatius and Bonaire have come out for either Netherlands or Aruba.
When athletes from the former Netherlands Antilles choose to come under the control of the COA, then the athletes should be counseled, trained and supported. This, according Hoevertsz still some technical and financial implications for the Committee. For this, they also help and advice from the International Olympic Committee (IOC). The Aruban National Olympic Committee meets this week on the best approach.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #495 on: January 19, 2011, 03:26:21 PM »

Natalee Holloway's Impact On The Tourism Demand Of Aruba
Natalee Holloway's impact on the tourism demand of Aruba: An unfortunate incident by M. Kock

(Paperback) Prouduct Description

The purpose of this research is to analyze what effect the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, an American teenage girl, had on the tourism demand of Aruba. A review of cases will reveal if personal harm (loss), in combination with media attention, can have an impact on the tourism demand of a location and therefore also give an indication of what can be expected for the case of Aruba. The findings in this research suggest that the tourism demand coming from the three major markets of Aruba did not experience any significant impact from the disappearance of Natalee Holloway incident.

About the Author

As a native to Aruba and an Economics student I wondered if the disappearance of Natalee Holloway would have any effect on the tourism demand of Aruba.

$67.00 In Stock Ships from and sold by Amazon.com

Prouduct Details

M. Kock  (Author)
Paperback 100 pages
Release date: November 16, 2010 LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing ISBN: 3843368759 ..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html/ref=aw_d_detail?pd=1&a=3843368759

Just found this

http://oaithesis.eur.nl/ir/repub/asset/5044/Masterscriptie%20Marisabel%20Kock.pdf

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: January 19, 2011, 05:52:52 PM »

http://oaithesis.eur.nl/ir/repub/asset/5044/Masterscriptie%20Marisabel%20Kock.pdf

You can read her thesis at the link:

I haven't read much of it yet, I've got a lot going on at the moment.

But in scrolling through I did find this interesting.

snipped

6.2 Recommendations
Possible future research might be able to obtain a better model if the marketing and
promotions budget were to be included.  Due to the lack of cooperation this was not the case.
However this data might be relevant for establishing a more accurate relation between Aruba’s
tourism demand and the impact of the Natalee Holloway incident. Additionally, marketing and
promotions budget undoubtedly have an effect on the tourism demand itself, which could
strengthens the model.

Future tourism policies might want to look at the best way in which such incidents could be
prevented. As can be seen from the results, tourists (American and Dutch) still feel safe on the
island. However if this were to happen on a more frequent basis, this safe image that Aruba
now possess may be tarnished. That is why preventive measure should be put into place, such
as in the case of Jamaica and Saint Lucia, in order to limit the impact of these incidents
recurring

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #497 on: January 19, 2011, 06:06:51 PM »

http://amigoenieuws.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2012:nog-geen-uitslag-mogelijke-eerste-dengue-dode&catid=108:artikelen-aruba&Itemid=199

Google translation:

Still no result possible first dengue death

Wednesday, 19 January 2011 8:36 p.m.

ORANGE CITY - Department of Health is still awaiting test results from the Netherlands to indicate whether a patient who died in mid-December, or not had dengue. "We suspect it," said Sharlin Koolman, the new management team of Health.

Daily Herald reported on December 13 that a boy of sixteen, suspected dengue was deceased. The authorities did not confirm this then. "We have professional and should not disclose personal information," said interim director Derek-ian Blok then. Koolman now let something go. "In December, about thirteen patients hospitalized with dengue. One patient is deceased, we suspect the impact of dengue. But we have the results from the Netherlands has not yet received. On this basis, we will determine whether we need to act. "She recognizes that the long wait, but that has to do with the time needed for the test.

'Outbreak'
Tests that determine whether someone has dengue, Aruba can be done, said Koolman. But the tests that determine the type of dengue, to the Netherlands. Koolman mentions that 45 percent of all dengue reports that Department of Health and known in the laboratory analysis is really dengue. They took the word 'epidemic' is not in the mouth, such as block once did, but about a dengue outbreak 'or an outbreak of the disease. The number of reports is, she is still high. "Our concern is mainly that many patients have previously had dengue. The risk of a severe form of dengue increases. So doctors are especially alert to people who are very ill and may have a severe form of dengue. "She advises people who have multiple symptoms simultaneously, such as high fever, eye pain, diarrhea and muscle pain, urgency to their rapidly GP report.

New management team
Sharlin Koolman since Tuesday is the spokesperson for dengue. Together with Nivia Doolabi Wilmer Salazar and she also has the management of Department of Health has taken Blok, who was interim director. They also block and give no information why the leadership of the management has changed. At the office of the Minister confirms policy Bart Kool organizational change. "Koolman, Doolabi and Salazar were installed Tuesday. They are behind the scenes, however, still just assisted by Block. The spokesperson of Health is directly transferred to the management team. "He does not want to answer more questions. "We do not currently comment on the reason for the management change. We do this only when the minister returned to the island. That will be sometime next week. "

Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #498 on: January 19, 2011, 07:53:38 PM »

Hey everyone,

Just swinging by for daily news and the front page is a re-direct to godaddy again.   ::MonkeyShocked::Thought Red would want to know. 

Take care monkeys.  Justice for Natalee and Stephany! 

Hi Helen - try clearing your cookies, it shouldn't still be happening.

Well wooooops!  Hey Klaas and all monkeys.  I saw a different re-direct after the one Carpe pointed out.  Could have sworn that I had been to the front page in between.  Anyhoo, glad that all is well. 

I have little to contribute these days, but love to check in here and see all the faithful monkeys holding down the fort.  I still stop by regularly, because I know one day there will be justice for Natalee and Stephany and one fine day Natalee will be found.  I hope it's soon.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #499 on: January 19, 2011, 09:24:39 PM »

Hey everyone,

Just swinging by for daily news and the front page is a re-direct to godaddy again.   ::MonkeyShocked::Thought Red would want to know. 

Take care monkeys.  Justice for Natalee and Stephany! 

Hi Helen - try clearing your cookies, it shouldn't still be happening.

Well wooooops!  Hey Klaas and all monkeys.  I saw a different re-direct after the one Carpe pointed out.  Could have sworn that I had been to the front page in between.  Anyhoo, glad that all is well. 

I have little to contribute these days, but love to check in here and see all the faithful monkeys holding down the fort.  I still stop by regularly, because I know one day there will be justice for Natalee and Stephany and one fine day Natalee will be found.  I hope it's soon.

Hi Helen Back 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.