March 29, 2024, 04:12:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #855 12/30/10 -  (Read 443753 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #540 on: January 21, 2011, 08:00:41 PM »

http://www.onspwa.nl/fotogallerij2009.html

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #541 on: January 21, 2011, 08:39:22 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeven

Zeven
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zeven is a town in the district of Rotenburg, in Lower Saxony, Germany. It has a population of around 14,000. The nearest large towns are Bremerhaven, Bremen and Hamburg. It is situated approximately 22 km northwest of Rotenburg, and 40 km northeast of Bremen. Zeven is also the seat of the Samtgemeinde ("collective municipality") Zeven.

snipped

According to Google maps, it's a three hour and twenty minute drive to Arnhem Holland.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&biw=1024&bih=617&q=zeven&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #542 on: January 21, 2011, 08:58:15 PM »

http://www.onspwa.nl/fotogallerij2009.html
Oranje Nassau School & Prins Willem Alexander School
O.N.S. P.W.A. Zeven
2009 Reunion

http://www.onspwa.nl/gastenboek.php

Google translation:

snipped

Loes van Velzen   30/06/2008 at 8:36:16 p.m.
Hey Aldo,

But we will make of March 28, 2009. If you are in April, everything is already behind us.

Greetings
Loes

snipped

Ed   26/01/2009 at 10:14:33 p.m.
Hi Laurens,
I think many men arrive on Friday and stay in nearby hotels. Friday evening there will be an official meeting at Bowl Inn in Seven. You're welcome!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #543 on: January 21, 2011, 09:21:48 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/26777-poentje-castro-a-wordo-lubida-caba.html

Papiamentu translation:

poentje castro owing to wordo forget end?

friday, 21 january 2011 15:33

observadornan is enough preocupa for her situation now some week after of asesinato of poentje castro. diadomingo now is bay make just one month cu the conocido presentador of television owing to wordo achieve in his cura of cas asesina y still neither ministerio publico neither police can come fast y give informacion. niether not have none detencion. at one ocasion one conferencia of prensa owing to wordo organiza where cu none informacion owing to wordo give. in one another ocasion one conferencia of prensa owing to wordo jama y before the conferencia owing to cuminsa this owing to wordo cancela. this assure is bring much question y doubt in we comunidad. is wait for cu the caso here not bay in the conocido "doofpot" (google Dutch translation = "hush")

comentarionan (3) mustra/kita comentarionan come across...

scirbi for azezel, january 21, 2011
let he sosega at paz,y stop of husa media for preciona police,,,,,,,,,laga they make they job,ora have algo of comenta,nan will comenta +11 come across...

scirbi for vera, january 21, 2011
this never will being resolvi as always yet?> +9 come across...

scirbi for mena, january 21, 2011
azezel you are right. at all part of world is famianan they're houdt op de hoogte. not people. people is hanja know instant cu they grab the bad echor. shonnan is as have person is believe cu police and om is sit hand crusa. but do not so ey. come across

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: January 21, 2011, 09:37:28 PM »

Klaas

Do you know if the getagrip site down permanently.  I hope not.

Thanks

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: January 21, 2011, 09:40:26 PM »

Klaas

Thanks

Janet

Funny you should mention that, I noticed it down as well.  My guess is it's probably permanently down yes.  I could try and email Getagrip but I know she got alot of "crap" for having that blog and translating the articles.  She may have just decided to close it for good.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #546 on: January 21, 2011, 09:52:41 PM »

Klaas

Thanks

Janet

Funny you should mention that, I noticed it down as well.  My guess is it's probably permanently down yes.  I could try and email Getagrip but I know she got alot of "crap" for having that blog and translating the articles.  She may have just decided to close it for good.

That would be great.  Maybe if you cry ...

A while back I archived many of Getagrip's translated articles from the early days of the Natalee Holloway case but ... it was an overwelming task.  I thought I would take a chance that the site would remain.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: January 21, 2011, 09:57:33 PM »

Klaas

Thanks

Janet

A while back I archived many of Getagrip's translated articles from the early days of the Natalee Holloway case but ... it was an overwelming task.  I thought I would take a chance that the site would remain.

Janet

I will email her.  In the mean time you can get some of the cached versions of some of her posts still.  Click on the cached link for each:

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS278&=&q=getagrip&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=#sclient=psy&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS278&q=getagripmonkey&aq=f&aqi=g-sv1g-o1&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=241062ed1d424d73

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #548 on: January 21, 2011, 10:06:27 PM »

Klaas

Thanks

Janet

Janet

I will email her.  In the mean time you can get some of the cached versions of some of her posts still.  Click on the cached link for each:

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS278&=&q=getagrip&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=#sclient=psy&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS278&q=getagripmonkey&aq=f&aqi=g-sv1g-o1&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=241062ed1d424d73

Thanks.  It definitely is an alternative.  However ... I hope that Gretagrip will reconsider.  I really appreciated the site and all the hard work it represented.

Janet

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #549 on: January 21, 2011, 10:17:11 PM »

I emailed her and I also started a thread and copied I think all of the cached versions I could find.  The thread is below.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9333.0

Added link to Getagrip thread.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 10:27:28 PM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #550 on: January 21, 2011, 10:26:31 PM »

http://thetriton.com/article/2011/01/aruba-starts-port-fee

Aruba starts port fee

By Editor
January 21, 2011

Aruba has instituted a new port tax for all yachts, according to a story in St. Maarten’s Daily Herald newspaper.

The Aruba Ports Authority began collecting the so-called port fee from local and visiting yachts in the harbors of Oranjestad and Barcadera on Jan. 1. It is charged based on hours spent in the harbors and must be paid to clear customs.

According to the newspaper, the fee is 17.50 florins ($9.80) an hour from 8 a.m.-4 p.m., 25 florins ($14) an hour from 4 p.m.-8 a.m. (A florin is about 56 U.S. cents.) The port fee must be paid in cash before leaving the harbour.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #551 on: January 21, 2011, 10:28:31 PM »

Thanks 2nj 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #552 on: January 21, 2011, 10:42:44 PM »

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/8786169/__Nog_veel_post_voor_Joran__.html?sn=binnenland

Thu January 20, 2011, 09:33 | 143 comments

Still bags of mail for Joran

LIMA - Unlike the other 113 Dutch prisoners in Peru receives Joran van der Sloot monthly sacks full of mail and expensive gifts.

videomediatvm John Joran v2.png

Joran, who is now seven months stuck in the infamous Castro Castro prison in Lima, Peru, still has a tremendous attraction to admirers. But the post is stuck between a lot of hate mail from the Netherlands, the United States and other corners of the world. "We do not open the mail," said Ambassador Arjan Hamburger against Sp! Ts. "Screening of mail is a task of the prison."
Headaches
The diplomat told newspaper shows that he sometimes sits with Joran in his stomach. "He generates a lot of media attention, which costs us time and it's not good for the relationship between the Netherlands and Peru."

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #553 on: January 22, 2011, 12:04:27 AM »

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #554 on: January 22, 2011, 12:15:02 AM »

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #555 on: January 22, 2011, 07:00:28 AM »

TM
Thanks for the deBie pics.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #556 on: January 22, 2011, 09:39:34 AM »

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Mail-call-a-busy-time-for-van-der-Sloot/-exY3jET_k-KDSWB5XdtbQ.cspx

Mail call a busy time for van der Sloot

Last Update: 6:52 am

Joran van der Sloot and Dutch reporter John van den Heuvel in Peru's Castro Castro prison (de Telegraaf)

The guys on the cell block aren't Joran van der Sloot's only pen pals. Bags of mail arrive at prison for him.

Van der Sloot's been in Peru's Castro Castro prison for seven months awaiting trial on charges he killed a 21 year old Peruvian student he met at a poker tournament.

According to Dutch website hartvannederland  van der Sloot gets daily fan mail from dozens of admirers from around the world. Most letters come from women from the Netherlands and the United States. Some even send expensive gifts in the hope of standing out among all the other envelopes. According to experts, this is a common phenomenon: notorious criminals exert a certain attraction to women.

What's surprising about the van der sloot phenomenon is that it still continues. After his arrest last year there was a flood of mail, including bizarre marriage proposals. And it apparently continues, and continues to be a problem for both the prison and the Dutch embassy in Lima.

The Dutch newspaper SP!TS reports ambassador Arjan Hamburger is not at all happy with the situation. Hamburger told the paper van der Sloot poses a lot of headaches. "He generates a lot of media attention, which costs us time and it is not good for the relationship between the Netherlands and Peru ," he told the free daily newspaper.

The body of Stephany Flores was found in van der Sloot's Lima hotel room. He fled to Chile but was arrested and returned to Peru where to confessed to killing Flores after she found material relating to Natalee Holloway on his laptop.

Van der Sloot is the prime suspect in the disappearance of Holloway on a trip to Aruba with Mountain Brook High School classmates.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #557 on: January 22, 2011, 09:44:49 AM »

TM
Thanks for the deBie pics.

You're welcome Buckeye!   

Keeping in mind that the reunion pictures are four years later, the one in the blue shirt was an eye opener for me. 

The more I look at the pictures, the more convinced I'm becoming that Klaas is right, and the pictures from 2005 that we've believed were Ben King all this time, were not him at all.

JMO

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #558 on: January 22, 2011, 09:59:36 AM »

Heard back from GETAGRIP!     Gmail suspeded her blog because she hadn't logged in in a while.  She does want to keep her site up and it's back up now!  I thanked her for all of us!

http://getagripmonkey.blogspot.com/
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #559 on: January 22, 2011, 10:05:12 AM »

Heard back from GETAGRIP!     Gmail suspeded her blog because she hadn't logged in in a while.  She does want to keep her site up and it's back up now!  I thanked her for all of us!

http://getagripmonkey.blogspot.com/

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.