March 28, 2024, 04:03:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #855 12/30/10 -  (Read 443685 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #620 on: January 25, 2011, 01:23:02 AM »

Thanks Carpe! Yes, keep the light burning for Natalee!

I love your Santa Hat, Carpe, but if you'd like to get ready for Valentine's Day......   

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/Valentine%20Avatar/CarpeVal-1.gif
Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #621 on: January 25, 2011, 06:40:21 AM »

Hi Monkeys, I need to rant before I have a stroke and y'all are the only one who will understand.  I'm from Texas and my daughter is getting married soon to a guy from Massachussetts, whose grandparents vacation in Aruba every year. My future SIL's mother sent me a message today that her mom bought her wedding outfit in ARUBA! 
2 aspirin and 2 glasses of wine.  AAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!  I have definitely expressed my views to them about that evil place and politely excuse myself when the conversation goes there.  Seems to me there is some button pushing.
Any advice you can lend me on how to deal with it will be most appreciated.

Hi Susebear!  I'm from Texas, my daughter married a young man from Boston and their family goes to Aruba.  (Direct cheap flights from Mass.)  She actually won a trip there, was a high risk pregnancy and her Dr. ok'd flying........... so when they invited us......... I went to be with her.  She knew how I felt about the place but his family was there for a destination wedding.  It made me sad being there.  I gave many of them Dave's book "The Tragic Untold Story of Natalee Holloway and Corruption in Paradise" and they now see why we are so disappointed in Aruba and how they did not handle this case.  Small world!  Good luck!

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
"Joran Vandersloot's evil world is slowly crashing down on his evil soul!"
*****For major cases, you can also report information by calling our toll-free number 1-800-CALLFBI (225-5324).
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #622 on: January 25, 2011, 07:33:15 AM »

Thanks Carpe!    an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #623 on: January 25, 2011, 07:34:17 AM »

************ IN 2011 ************

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #624 on: January 25, 2011, 08:04:42 AM »

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2011/01/body_found_in_mississippi_beli.html

Sonar search finds what Kenner police suspect is NFL safety's brother

Published: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 5:53 PM     Updated: Monday, January 24, 2011, 6:15 AM
By Stephen Babcock, The Times-Picayune
Matthew Hinton / The Times-Picayune

Volunteer searchers in the Mississippi River today found what was thought to be the body of the missing brother of Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed, Kenner police said.
But when a diver checked the site, no body was found. The recovery effort was then suspended for the night.

Authorities responded to the discovery at about 3:45 p.m. at the south end of Alliance Street, near the St. Charles Parish line. Soon after, scores of relatives and family friends gathered near the base of the Mississippi River levee, waiting to find out if the body was recovered.
The spot is less than a mile downriver from where a man who is thought to be Brian Reed, 29, jumped into the water Jan. 6 as he fled from police on River Road.

A St. Charles Parish deputy sheriff had been flagged down by a witness who reported a car driving erratically. The deputy found the man stopped on the side of the road. When the deputy received a call about a stolen vehicle that matched the description of the man's car, the man drove off with the deputy in pursuit.

The deputy saw the man enter the water in Kenner.

Authorities fruitlessly searched the area for days.

On Wednesday, however, Reed's family brought in a volunteer outfit, Texas Equusearch, to use sonar and divers, police Lt. Wayne McInnis said. Sonar detected a presumed body in about 15 feet of water, 25 to 30 feet offshore. But when a diver checked the location, no body was found, McInnis said.

The body was thought to be tangled around a beam and some debris in the brackish river water, McInnis said. The search operation, which lasted more than an hour, was temporarily held up when the diver became snarled in debris.

The missing man's family, including Ed Reed, was at the scene. Ed Reed declined comment.
"We just want some closure at this point," Brian Reed's sister-in-law, Javona Sanchez, said. "We wanted him back regardless."

The Reed family, including Ed Reed, are from St. Rose.

Friends said Brian Reed had attended school in Destrehan and played baseball and softball. They described him as an accomplished dancer.

Texas Equusearch said it was assisted by the J.D. Silvetti Group, a Lafayette marine services consortium.

McInnis said authorities would perform a check of the surface of the water for the body, then suspend the search Sunday evening.
. . . . . . .
Stephen Babcock can be reached at 504.826.3300.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2011/01/search_resumes_for_brian_reed_in_mississippi_river.html

January 24, 2011

Updated: Search resumes for Brian Reed in Mississippi River

Dozens of volunteers and law enforcement officers resumed combing the banks and waters of the Mississippi River near Kenner, La., this morning, searching for the body of Brian Reed, brother of Ravens safety Ed Reed.

Beginning about 6:15 this morning, divers searched while patrols scanned the surface.  Using sonar, Texas Equusearch, a volunteer organization that helps families search for missing relatives, located a body Sunday afternoon believed to be Brian Reed. The body, surrounded by debris, was dislodged as divers tried to recover it, said Tim Miller, the founder and director of Texas Equusearch.

Miller said he felt confident it was Brian Reed because the sonar "got the perfect of image of Brian's body," and that his arms, legs, chest and head could be made out.

Miller said the river’s current may have swept the body away from Kenner, a suburb of New Orleans and a short distance from St. Rose, where Brian and Ed Reed are from.

Javona Sanchez, Brian and Ed Reed’s sister-in-law, said the family has been in regular contact with Texas Equusearch and local authorities and that her husband and Ed Reed had been with the search party “all day.”

"There’s a lot of friends and family praying for us. So we’re thankful for that. … We’re praying and waiting,” Sanchez said.

The search will continue indefinitely.

"We're not going to quit until we find him or until we get to that point where we've used up every resource," said, Miller, whose organization has made over 50 recoveries in about five years.

Lt. Wayne McInnis, Kenner police spokesman, said Sunday that Kenner police and the St. Charles Parish sheriff were assisting in the recovery. Texas Equusearch charges neither the family nor law enforcement for its services, Miller said.

“We do this through donations,” he said.

Brian Reed has been missing since Jan. 7, when he was seen jumping into the Mississippi River after being pursued by police.

The Reed family, including Ed Reed, was waiting for updates on the recovery attempt, which has been under way for six days. The family is frustrated and anxious, Miller said.

"They want this thing to come to an end. We think we're coming to an end and in some ways we're starting over," he said.

Ed Reed and his older brother were still on the scene late this evening, Sanchez said.

"How do you walk away from this?" asked Miller.

AP photo — more photos here

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/article/Searchers-to-again-look-for-Ravens-star-s-brother-974073.php

Mississippi River search halted for Reed brother

MARY FOSTER, Associated Press
Published: 08:50 a.m., Monday, January 24, 2011

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A private search team called in by Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed and family members suspended a search of the Mississippi River late Monday, but planned to return "no matter the weather" at first light to continue looking for the body of Reed's missing 28-year-old brother.

Texas EquuSearch on Sunday had located what it believed to be the body of Brian Reed tangled in debris about 20 miles northwest of New Orleans. But Kenner Police Lt. Wayne McInnis said divers were unable to find it.

"We had the perfect image," said Tim Miller, director of EquuSearch. "There's no doubt it was him but it was in an area that has so much debris that doing anything there, it's really hard."

Divers trying to get to the body may have dislodged it as they moved debris, Miller said.

"And if they did it could have moved five feet or five miles. The current out there is pretty swift," McInnis said.

Miller said his crew was sifting through the sonar images taken throughout the day to see if they can narrow the search.

"We were really optimistic Sunday and this morning. Not so much now. We definitely have a difficult task ahead of us," Miller said.

Miller halted the search Monday after rain moved into the area. They were looking in the area where the man believed to be Brian Reed went in on Jan. 7, when he apparently jumped into the river after being confronted by a deputy sheriff.

Karen Reed, the mother of Ed and Brian Reed, said investigators found her son's shoes and jacket. She said the car the man ran from belonged to another brother.

On Monday the search was still centered on the area where he was last seen, about 200 feet downstream and about 50 feet out from the bank, Miller said.

"It's very tough on the edge of the Mississippi River," McInnis said. "There is a lot of debris from the bank out 30, 40 feet. You can't see more than a few feet in there even during daylight."

Boats were also making surface searches of the river up to eight miles downstream, Miller said. He continued to use sonar at the upriver site, and divers were also in the water.

"The conditions are very bad," Miller said. "Divers are finding 100 percent black water, the current is strong, and there are big ships going past steadily."

The river is only 15 feet deep at the original search site, Miller said, but quickly drops off to 30 feet, then 80 feet.

EquuSearch had promised the family it would search for one day, Miller said. Monday was the sixth day of looking.

"We've just been begging for that little bit of luck to go along with everything else," Miller said. "But so far we have not gotten it. At some point you have to say it's time to stop searching."

The St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office said a deputy spotted a parked car that matched the description of one reported stolen. When the deputy told the man believed to be Brian Reed to put his hands behind his back, he bolted and ran into the river, authorities said.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/article/Mississippi-River-search-halted-for-Reed-brother-974073.php#ixzz1C3F1WZNX

crazybabyborg
« Reply #625 on: January 25, 2011, 08:05:47 AM »

I love the way you sum it up, TM. Those end of the day posts and pictures always give me hope.

Somehow, against all odds, I believe Natalee will come home. 
EURobert
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #626 on: January 25, 2011, 10:19:02 AM »

Hi there,

Have you seen this? A dutch website to financially support dutch people inprisoned in Peru...
Looks like it's set up by friends of Joran van der Sloot if you ask me.

Newsitem on dutch satirical blog GeenStijl:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=nl&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.geenstijl.nl/mt/archieven/2011/01/stichting_steun_joran_vraagt_u.html%23comments&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhiWxDzIjAySWsRHt-5THHSdF1-TkQ

The specific site:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=nl&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.prisonersinperu.nl/pagina5a.html&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhiD9tYxgeZpEfIoTxe29vJM6-y7qQ

Greetz,

Robert
crazybabyborg
« Reply #627 on: January 25, 2011, 10:28:39 AM »

That website is full of surprises, EURobert. First, I'm surprised that Joran has friends. The second surprise is for them, I think. I'd bet a lot that Peru could care less about what anyone else wants. They have Joran where they want him and the case against him is so tight his eyes are bugging out. Joran isn't going anywhere......................... ever.

JMO.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #628 on: January 25, 2011, 12:47:02 PM »

Thank you, EURobert!  I spent some time reading the comments on the blog.  Joran doesn't have a prayer, imo.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #629 on: January 25, 2011, 12:59:40 PM »

The lowlifes have been reported, once again.  I still say, God will sort them out.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #630 on: January 25, 2011, 02:03:23 PM »

Thank you EURobert. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #631 on: January 25, 2011, 03:01:31 PM »

Thanks EURobert!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #632 on: January 25, 2011, 03:02:20 PM »

Thanks 2NJ!   an angelic monkey

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #633 on: January 25, 2011, 03:42:14 PM »

Thank you CBB - I was ready to change my outfit.

You're always on it.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #634 on: January 25, 2011, 04:16:51 PM »

I see the Aruban welfare drawing, beanie baby producing, ghetto rats took my link bait.

They will never learn.

They keep Natalee's case alive! Their hate is the fuel that keeps the cycle going.

...and for that, I can imagine the Holloway family is very thankful. Just as they were probably thankful for Joran's incredibly low IQ.

Joran - their moron hero douche bag that put himself in jail. He got away with murder... was given a second chance, but threw it away, only to murder again. Why? Because he
is a worthless POS DNA CONTAINER. He started out like we all do - with the currency of
free will.... freedom to make a good choice, freedom to make a bad one... and he went
bankrupt. Now he is worth nothing. He's just waitin' on his death. Which is probably the
best place to keep a coward like Joran - hanging in the balance. Mental torture is right up Joran's alley.

Death is a vacation for him. It's too easy. (I'd rather see him dead. Tossed away like a used plastic spoon. He's worthless. ... but Peru prison is a perfect place for him. He needs to wonder everyday when he's gonna die and who will be delivering the shank.)

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #635 on: January 25, 2011, 04:59:41 PM »

I see the Aruban welfare drawing, beanie baby producing, ghetto rats took my link bait.

They will never learn.

They keep Natalee's case alive! Their hate is the fuel that keeps the cycle going.

...and for that, I can imagine the Holloway family is very thankful. Just as they were probably thankful for Joran's incredibly low IQ.

Joran - their moron hero douche bag that put himself in jail. He got away with murder... was given a second chance, but threw it away, only to murder again. Why? Because he
is a worthless POS DNA CONTAINER. He started out like we all do - with the currency of
free will.... freedom to make a good choice, freedom to make a bad one... and he went
bankrupt. Now he is worth nothing. He's just waitin' on his death. Which is probably the
best place to keep a coward like Joran - hanging in the balance. Mental torture is right up Joran's alley.

Death is a vacation for him. It's too easy. (I'd rather see him dead. Tossed away like a used plastic spoon. He's worthless. ... but Peru prison is a perfect place for him. He needs to wonder everyday when he's gonna die and who will be delivering the shank.)
Well said! I hope to see him "hanging" as well.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #636 on: January 25, 2011, 06:47:48 PM »

They will never learn.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #637 on: January 25, 2011, 07:05:02 PM »

http://amigoenieuws.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2284:betico-venezuela-het-koninkrijk-en-wikileaks&catid=151:artikel-headline-aruba&Itemid=200

Google translation:

Betico, Venezuela, the Kingdom and Wikileaks

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 8:37 p.m.

Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao off the coast of Venezuela is the "closest and juiciest opportunities" to the ambitions of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez to infiltrate abroad into reality. According to Wikileaks, the U.S. Ambassador Clifford Sobel, who between 2001 and 2005 the 62nd United States Ambassador to the Netherlands was that at the end of his office wrote to Washington.

by our reporter
Raul Henriquez

In the beginning of this year leaked diplomatic Netherlands shows that the Venezuelan threat of destabilization or even annexation of the West Indies in 2005 very seriously. Especially when the words of former Foreign Minister Ben Bot on it, to be believed: "The Dutch Antilles are the Falklands. If we could leave tomorrow, they are the next day from Venezuela. "

Who the political history of the seventies of Aruba know, maybe draw a similarity with the revelation of the Aruba-Dutch Antilles-Venezuelan relations in 2005. Was there already a Wikileaks was only because of reference around 1975 shows a lot of political scheming behind the scenes to have been among those same countries. Especially since MEP under the leadership of Betico Croes in 1971 interfered with the Aruban orthodox separatism, which is officially in the thirties had been used by the family Eman. Unlike Croes Emans strove for a separate status of the island within the Kingdom of the Netherlands, but not independence. Croes' way with his orthodox establishment longer and heavier than the Emans gemodereerder who drew up and through the diplomatic road to constitutional liberty would be prepared. In the quest for international recognition for the separation, went around Croes abroad to seek support.

Betico must have known how sensitive a visit to Venezuela could be based on the historical understanding that he then ventilated. Venezuela to the Leeward Islands in the early twentieth century had almost bought the Netherlands. Netherlands that long as a hidden agenda, secretly wished that all the former colonial territories were separate. What Suriname did in 1975. But also: Netherlands that Dutch companies abroad protected. In 1908 the Netherlands still went to military action in Venezuela on 'to the commercial position of the West to protect "against the regime of then Cipriamo Castro. Castro was an occasional attitude against foreign firms. Venezuela between 1928 and 1969 when the major oil exporter in the world, got companies like Shell, Gulf and Creole their shares in this trade. Since its nationalization in 1976, they went under new names continue as Venezuelan companies, respectively Maraven, Meneve and Lagoven, all part of that year established state PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela).

Whistleblowers
Especially in these turbulent years sought Betico Croes oil in Venezuela and other countries outside support for his political program. What a lot of diplomatic communication should step Croes do not have yielded. Many juicy food for something like Wikileaks, if this website had existed in 2006 when. There will then also be journalists who have been inhoudelijker on the matter would go. But the hand but knew to impose on documents, or the time to talk extensively with the Minister. Journalists could only dream about a place where whistleblowers from government agencies and businesses around the world, able to post documents anonymously (ie leaks) to denounce the abuses. What about the explanation on Wikipedia is Wikileaks (that no part of it).

Lumbar Compression Kingdom Tires
Instead of Wikileaks is an excellent alternative in which the diplomatic fortunes described between Aruba, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles and Venezuela: a reference book of 1574 pages with the name "Kingdom Lumbar Compression Tires. It contains important political events of the Kingdom of the Netherlands as the independence of Suriname in Aruba and the Status Aparte. The book gives "a vivid picture of a turbulent and still unfinished process of decolonization in which the ties over time were not weakened but rather strengthened," said a review of the publication. The authors Oostindie Gert and Inge Vowels are respectively director and employee of the Royal Netherlands Institute of Southeast Asian and Caribbean Studies (KITLV) in Leiden. Together they in the publication "The dismantling of the Netherlands Antilles" which is scheduled this year. This book - commissioned by the Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations, is about lifting the Antillean country context and the renewal of the Kingdom (2000-2010).

From Compression Lumbar Kingdom tapes: "At the end 1975, the relative tranquility of the Antillean political front broken when a delegation of MEP, including three MEP ministers from the Cabinet-(Juancho) Evertsz outside the government to a good-will visit to Venezuela . De reason given was a conversation about airplane charters, but actually sounded Delegation de Caracas thought over how the separate status / independence of Aruba. Betico hoped by countries in the region to achieve independence. The unexpected escapade stunned the Antillean government and led to an acute crisis. Premier Evertsz decided in a vote of no confidence cooperation with MEP ministers to end. Also in the Netherlands, the initiative was rejected. Foreign Minister Max van der Stoel even brought a visit to Venezuela for the "mistake" corrected. Strongly urged the Venezuelan government to each act as an encouragement to the MEP could be interpreted to leave. Meanwhile, on January 9, 1976 the Aruban island a motion in which the struggle for independence of the island was established. An MEP delegation Van der Stoel met in Caracas, stressed the unconstitutionality and unforeseeable consequences of an arbitrary declaration of independence. "

In the quest for international recognition for the separation, Croes traveled down many countries to seek support, can also be read in Lumbar Compression Kingdom Tires. In January 1976, an MEP delegation visits to Panama, Colombia and Costa Rica. In February, the Socialist International in London visited. In March 1976 and June 1977 MEP put her complaints to the UN decolonization committee in November 1977 at the State Department and the OAS. Including Guyana, Trinidad & Tobago and Mexico were visited in the intervening periods. In Den Haag took account of an MEP visit to Cuba, but that probably has not occurred.

Paper Wikileaks
Foreign success did however, researchers found Oostindie and Vowels in documentation. At the State Department, where Betico Croes asked to 'comprehension of the Aruban U.S. claim of the right of self determination' was the dismissive comment that this is a false 'Intervention in the internal affairs of another nation "would mean. Journalists have itching in their hands have been in these political developments, but it was very difficult to get government documents. What kind of diplomatic contact, there is not been between the U.S. and The Hague, and between
The Hague and Caracas.

Caracas was the MEP delegation made clear that the first Venezuelan care "to maintain political stability in the region" and that any Aruban kids, this principle would undermine state Lumbar Compression Kingdom Tires. "At the UN, which are based on existing political entities, including from former colonial territories, was also found support for the Aruban efforts. Van der Stoel also had all the foreign missions issuing significant warning: "The Aruban seek special status is only one voice from multiple Antillean constellation, which is therefore not a tremendous interest need to be annexed."

Oppressive Kingdom Tyres for Aruba and the (former) Netherlands Antilles Wikileaks a kind of paper, which is much to learn about the diplomacy of the Kingdom. Since its publication in 2001, it is not too much dust. In this respect, the effect of Wikileaks a lot bigger, because the revelations are about more recent matter. But for the historical sense, the book is its weight in gold. Who reads news stories, such as in this newspaper, about the relations between Aruba, Venezuela and the Netherlands, who may know better what it does not say, but it is suspected, also exists. This is shown afterwards. When in the course of 1977 after the results of the referendum on independence, riots and strikes were in Aruba and the Antillean government in Willemstad police sent to reinforce the island, a Venezuelan newspaper wrote that the Netherlands colonial politics practiced. The monkey was out of the bag!

The Dutch also remain concerned about Venezuela, the U.S. ambassador commented Fay Hartog-Levin a message from 2010 after a meeting with Minister Maxime Verhagen (Foreign Affairs, CDA) in 2010. But they are not the "appropriate mechanism" found against Chávez.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #638 on: January 25, 2011, 07:13:29 PM »

http://amigoenieuws.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2220:oorzaak-en-schade-brand-crystal-casino-nog-onbekend&catid=108:artikelen-aruba&Itemid=199

Cause fire and damage is still unknown Crystal Casino

Monday, January 24, 2011 7:27 p.m.

ORANGE CITY - The same shopping center and Renaissance Hotel are evacuated Saturday after a generator on the roof on fire had flown. The fire spread quickly, so everyone was evacuated as a precaution. However, the fire brigade managed to extinguish the fire under control before it spread to the rest of the casino and shopping. The cause of the fire and the damage are still unknown.

Well let firefighter Anthony Erasmus, who commanded the Saturday fire team, knowing that the cause was a short circuit in one of the generators that would be successful because of the large power outage on that day. Large parts of the island without electricity were in this sit. He could not confirm this morning that the cause was short indeed. "The guys from DTI (Department for Technical Inspections, red) are sure to come look after we were done with fighting Saturday." DTI today was not reached because the entire government because of an ATV-day Betico-Day. Meta Corporation, owner and operator of Crystal Mall and Renaissance Casino, was not available for questions about the extent of the damage.

The guests were soon back to their rooms. The casino was the next day until the afternoon open.

Press on the road
Reporting the fire came Saturday at five to nine at night in the emergency center of the fire. "Initially it was reported that the fire at the cinema and on the roof of Seaport Casino would be," said firefighter Erasmus. It soon turned out not to go to a fire at Seaport Marketplace, but in Renaissance Mall, 200 meters away, on the roof of Crystal Casino. LG Smith Boulevard and Havenstraat on the other side of the Renaissance Mall were deposited by the police. The police helicopter circled around in a wide radius around the city and shone the spotlight in the fire. Because the press was gone, had the police out to be useful to ensure that the fire could get passage. The first team of six extinguishers had been within six minutes after the message there, says Erasmus. The fire on the roof behind the casino was good to see and attracted large audiences. Because of the power outage because many people were driving around, to cool down the air conditioners of cars or to see how parts of the island without electricity wrong.

The fire department had also not easy to reach location of the fire, says Erasmus. "We had to through the casino alongside the pool on the roof." The firemen were now strengthening the fire service from the airport. Once on the roof showed that the generator room was completely on fire. "Three men have gone in and powders with a large part of the fire extinguishing." Then, with water coming from the fire team of the airport before nine long hoses connected, extinguished the fire further. The firefighters gave 37 minutes after the report the signal fire master. According to Erasmus, it is fortunate that the fire had been confined to the generator room. "If we had not time to come, the fire spread. Many of these roofs have a layer as "Rubberoid 'on it and that is very flammable."

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #639 on: January 25, 2011, 07:19:51 PM »

They will never learn.

They're baaack....no surprise....vindictive a-holes.  You're right, Carpe. 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.