March 28, 2024, 05:53:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #855 12/30/10 -  (Read 443624 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #640 on: January 25, 2011, 08:20:04 PM »

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2011/01/body_found_in_mississippi_beli.html

Sonar search finds what Kenner police suspect is NFL safety's brother

Published: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 5:53 PM     Updated: Monday, January 24, 2011, 6:15 AM
By Stephen Babcock, The Times-Picayune
Matthew Hinton / The Times-Picayune

Volunteer searchers in the Mississippi River today found what was thought to be the body of the missing brother of Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed, Kenner police said.
But when a diver checked the site, no body was found. The recovery effort was then suspended for the night.

Authorities responded to the discovery at about 3:45 p.m. at the south end of Alliance Street, near the St. Charles Parish line. Soon after, scores of relatives and family friends gathered near the base of the Mississippi River levee, waiting to find out if the body was recovered.
The spot is less than a mile downriver from where a man who is thought to be Brian Reed, 29, jumped into the water Jan. 6 as he fled from police on River Road.

A St. Charles Parish deputy sheriff had been flagged down by a witness who reported a car driving erratically. The deputy found the man stopped on the side of the road. When the deputy received a call about a stolen vehicle that matched the description of the man's car, the man drove off with the deputy in pursuit.

The deputy saw the man enter the water in Kenner.

Authorities fruitlessly searched the area for days.

On Wednesday, however, Reed's family brought in a volunteer outfit, Texas Equusearch, to use sonar and divers, police Lt. Wayne McInnis said. Sonar detected a presumed body in about 15 feet of water, 25 to 30 feet offshore. But when a diver checked the location, no body was found, McInnis said.

The body was thought to be tangled around a beam and some debris in the brackish river water, McInnis said. The search operation, which lasted more than an hour, was temporarily held up when the diver became snarled in debris.

The missing man's family, including Ed Reed, was at the scene. Ed Reed declined comment.
"We just want some closure at this point," Brian Reed's sister-in-law, Javona Sanchez, said. "We wanted him back regardless."

The Reed family, including Ed Reed, are from St. Rose.

Friends said Brian Reed had attended school in Destrehan and played baseball and softball. They described him as an accomplished dancer.

Texas Equusearch said it was assisted by the J.D. Silvetti Group, a Lafayette marine services consortium.

McInnis said authorities would perform a check of the surface of the water for the body, then suspend the search Sunday evening.
. . . . . . .
Stephen Babcock can be reached at 504.826.3300.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2011/01/search_resumes_for_brian_reed_in_mississippi_river.html

January 24, 2011

Updated: Search resumes for Brian Reed in Mississippi River

Dozens of volunteers and law enforcement officers resumed combing the banks and waters of the Mississippi River near Kenner, La., this morning, searching for the body of Brian Reed, brother of Ravens safety Ed Reed.

Beginning about 6:15 this morning, divers searched while patrols scanned the surface.  Using sonar, Texas Equusearch, a volunteer organization that helps families search for missing relatives, located a body Sunday afternoon believed to be Brian Reed. The body, surrounded by debris, was dislodged as divers tried to recover it, said Tim Miller, the founder and director of Texas Equusearch.

Miller said he felt confident it was Brian Reed because the sonar "got the perfect of image of Brian's body," and that his arms, legs, chest and head could be made out.

Miller said the river’s current may have swept the body away from Kenner, a suburb of New Orleans and a short distance from St. Rose, where Brian and Ed Reed are from.

Javona Sanchez, Brian and Ed Reed’s sister-in-law, said the family has been in regular contact with Texas Equusearch and local authorities and that her husband and Ed Reed had been with the search party “all day.”

"There’s a lot of friends and family praying for us. So we’re thankful for that. … We’re praying and waiting,” Sanchez said.

The search will continue indefinitely.

"We're not going to quit until we find him or until we get to that point where we've used up every resource," said, Miller, whose organization has made over 50 recoveries in about five years.

Lt. Wayne McInnis, Kenner police spokesman, said Sunday that Kenner police and the St. Charles Parish sheriff were assisting in the recovery. Texas Equusearch charges neither the family nor law enforcement for its services, Miller said.

“We do this through donations,” he said.

Brian Reed has been missing since Jan. 7, when he was seen jumping into the Mississippi River after being pursued by police.

The Reed family, including Ed Reed, was waiting for updates on the recovery attempt, which has been under way for six days. The family is frustrated and anxious, Miller said.

"They want this thing to come to an end. We think we're coming to an end and in some ways we're starting over," he said.

Ed Reed and his older brother were still on the scene late this evening, Sanchez said.

"How do you walk away from this?" asked Miller.

AP photo — more photos here

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/article/Searchers-to-again-look-for-Ravens-star-s-brother-974073.php

Mississippi River search halted for Reed brother

MARY FOSTER, Associated Press
Published: 08:50 a.m., Monday, January 24, 2011

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A private search team called in by Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed and family members suspended a search of the Mississippi River late Monday, but planned to return "no matter the weather" at first light to continue looking for the body of Reed's missing 28-year-old brother.

Texas EquuSearch on Sunday had located what it believed to be the body of Brian Reed tangled in debris about 20 miles northwest of New Orleans. But Kenner Police Lt. Wayne McInnis said divers were unable to find it.

"We had the perfect image," said Tim Miller, director of EquuSearch. "There's no doubt it was him but it was in an area that has so much debris that doing anything there, it's really hard."

Divers trying to get to the body may have dislodged it as they moved debris, Miller said.

"And if they did it could have moved five feet or five miles. The current out there is pretty swift," McInnis said.

Miller said his crew was sifting through the sonar images taken throughout the day to see if they can narrow the search.

"We were really optimistic Sunday and this morning. Not so much now. We definitely have a difficult task ahead of us," Miller said.

Miller halted the search Monday after rain moved into the area. They were looking in the area where the man believed to be Brian Reed went in on Jan. 7, when he apparently jumped into the river after being confronted by a deputy sheriff.

Karen Reed, the mother of Ed and Brian Reed, said investigators found her son's shoes and jacket. She said the car the man ran from belonged to another brother.

On Monday the search was still centered on the area where he was last seen, about 200 feet downstream and about 50 feet out from the bank, Miller said.

"It's very tough on the edge of the Mississippi River," McInnis said. "There is a lot of debris from the bank out 30, 40 feet. You can't see more than a few feet in there even during daylight."

Boats were also making surface searches of the river up to eight miles downstream, Miller said. He continued to use sonar at the upriver site, and divers were also in the water.

"The conditions are very bad," Miller said. "Divers are finding 100 percent black water, the current is strong, and there are big ships going past steadily."

The river is only 15 feet deep at the original search site, Miller said, but quickly drops off to 30 feet, then 80 feet.

EquuSearch had promised the family it would search for one day, Miller said. Monday was the sixth day of looking.

"We've just been begging for that little bit of luck to go along with everything else," Miller said. "But so far we have not gotten it. At some point you have to say it's time to stop searching."

The St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office said a deputy spotted a parked car that matched the description of one reported stolen. When the deputy told the man believed to be Brian Reed to put his hands behind his back, he bolted and ran into the river, authorities said.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/article/Mississippi-River-search-halted-for-Reed-brother-974073.php#ixzz1C3F1WZNX

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2011/01/searchers_report_finding_body.html

Searchers find body in river at Kenner

Published: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 5:17 PM     Updated: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 7:05 PM
By Bob Ross, The Times-Picayune

Members of Texas Equusearch and others serch for the body of Brian Reed in the Mississippi River at Kenner on Tuesday.

Aided by volunteer rescue workers, law enforcement officials today recovered a body in the Mississippi River at Kenner, near where the brother of Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed disappeared.

Owner Tim Miller of Equusearch, the Texas search and rescue company that has been combing the river near the St. Charles Parish line, confirmed the discovery of the body, thought to be that of Brian Reed, 29. Working with Equusearch were searchers from the St. Charles and St. Tammany parish sheriff's offices.

Miller said he was contacted a week ago by the Reed family for help in the search. His nonprofit company, which has assisted in almost 1,200 searches in the past 10 years, brought boats, sonar equipment and divers to Kenner. The missing man's relatives remained inside a large trailer by the batture as the search continued near the south end of Alliance Street.

The family told Miller that Brian Reed battled mental illness, which likely explained his encounter with police Jan. 6, Miller said. That was the day that Reed, who lived in St. Rose, was last seen jumping into the river while being chased by a St. Charles Parish deputy sheriff on suspicion of driving a stolen vehicle.

Brian Reed
On its website, Equusearch said Reed suffered from schizophrenia and was off his medication. "His actions of fleeing from law enforcement are a direct result of his illness, and nothing more," the company said.

Searchers using sonar on Sunday detected what they thought was a submerged body, but divers did not find it.

An autopsy will be conducted Wednesday to confirm that the body recovered from the river is Brian Reed, Kenner police Lt. Wayne McInnis said. Authorities do not suspect foul play, he said.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: January 25, 2011, 09:42:46 PM »

I am thankful that Tim Miller continues to provide assistance to the family of the missing but ... I find it so difficult to get passed his public disrespect of Natalee and Beth in an interview with Steph Watt while at the same time upholding Natalee's father to nth degree.

Janet

++++++

WATT'S UP WITH THIS?  STEPH WATTS & TIM MILLER 9/19/2010

Audio:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/watts-up-with-this/2010/09/20/watts-up-with-this#endframe

Read Between the Lines

Steph Watts:  Has Beth Holloway ever donated any money towards Texas Equusearch from her organization which I know for a fact from which I understand made millions and millions of dollars in donations.

Tim Miller:  Can everybody just kind of read between the lines, then let’s go to the next subject.

Exploiting Natalee's Disappearance and Death for Financial Gain

Tim Miller: I would believe that if she would not have went over there with film crews and reports are already out it’s about another documentary.  Money’s going to be paid.   It is almost like exploiting.  I know I’m going to get criticism over this but it’s only my opinion.  I feel like she’s exploiting Natalee’s disappearance and death for financial gain.

I want the Natalee Holloway Case to Go Away

Tim Miller:  I’m mad too and you know what Steph, I want the Caylee Anthony and Natalee Holloway cases to go away.  (Talks about Valerie Hamilton case)  But you know what ... I don’t know why...I don’t know why...Casey Anthony and Beth Holloway are the big stories.  People, you need to get something.  Caylee and Natalee are not the only two people that have ever been abducted and murdered.  Those are not the only two people that have suffered.

Steph Watts:  I agree Tim, and Tim Miller, the more time we waste  ... and I am guilty as charged talking about these two ... is time we’re not talking about cases like what you just mentioned.

Transcript: Texasmom

+++++++++

WATT'S UP WITH THIS? STEPH WATTS & TIM MILLER 9/19/2010 (PARTIAL) TRANSCRIPT
« on: September 24, 2010, 05:13:25 AM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8625.0

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:31:51 PM by San » Logged

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #642 on: January 25, 2011, 09:47:47 PM »

self edit - my last post

I am thankful that Tim Miller continued to provide assistance s/b I am thankful that Tim Miller continues to provide assistance

Fixed = San
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:32:48 PM by San » Logged

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #643 on: January 25, 2011, 10:36:57 PM »

self edit - my last post

I am thankful that Tim Miller continued to provide assistance s/b I am thankful that Tim Miller continues to provide assistance

Fixed = San

Thanks San.

Janet

_____

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #644 on: January 26, 2011, 01:55:38 AM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE HOLLOWAY & STEPHANY FLORES

GOOD NIGHT & GOD BLESS

KEEPTHEFAITH

an angelic monkey

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #645 on: January 26, 2011, 01:58:50 AM »

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000930557406&v=wall#

http://www.showdownrotterdam.nl/nieuwsbrief/39_december_2001/mymailbox

December 2001 Newsletter

snipped

Showdown in the Caribbean
Al enige tijd hebben we contact met het Arubaanse blindeninstituut FAVI in de persoon van Mieke de Droog, directrice. Er bestaat grote belangstelling voor showdown op het zonnige eiland met de witte stranden en palmbomen. Eric Buld staat op het punt om een tafel en overig spelmateriaal op te sturen. Mieke de Droog zou in december een bezoek aan ons land brengen en wilde graag persoonlijk kennis maken en een showdownactiviteit bezoeken. Helaas is het bezoek afgelast wegens familieomstandigheden.

Google translation:

Showdown in the Caribbean
For some time we have contact with Aruban FAVI Institute for the Blind in the person of Mieke Dry, director. There is great interest showdown on the sunny island with white beaches and palm trees. Eric Buld is about a table and other play materials to send. Mieke would dry (de Droog) would in December to visit our land and wanted to personally meet and visit a showdown activity. Unfortunately, the visit was canceled due to family circumstances.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eduardo_Mathew

snipped

On November 29, 2001, an incident took place in which the acting KIA governor (equivalent to a warden) was very seriously injured (broken eye socket, cheekbone and skull), and for which the applicant (Mathew) was subsequently convicted of inflicting serious bodily harm.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/curacao/5/2010/WEEKLY_News_081410.pdf

Aruba – “Foxy Lady” Nightclub TIP Case; Alex Mathew Arrested

Alex Mathew and three others were arrested after Dutch authorities received a report
from the Ukraine about possible Trafficking in Persons violations at the Aruba “Foxy
Lady” Nightclub. In 2005 the Dutch Government has been ordered to pay Alex Mathew
10,000 Euros in damages by the European Court for Human Rights, because of the
punishment he was given after he beat Ben Vocking, the warden of Aruba’s KIA prison,
in 2001.
Because of his Aruban prison history, Mathew was moved a Bonaire detention
center. (Various media)

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #646 on: January 26, 2011, 02:08:18 AM »

http://www.facebook.com/jeroen.vocking

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: January 26, 2011, 02:38:22 AM »

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/curacao/215422/2011/WEEKLY_News_011511.pdf

News Items and Public Crime Summary for Week Ending
January 15, 2011

Curacao – PM Schotte and Four Cabinet Members Visit FOL

On the afternoon of Friday, January 7, Commander of the U.S. Forward Operating Location (FOL), Lieutenant Colonel Brian Bell along with his staff and U.S. Consul General Valerie Belon hosted Prime Minister Gerrit Schotte and Ministers Charles Cooper, George Jamaloodin, Abdul Nasser el Hakim, and Elmer Wilsoe for a briefing and tour of the FOL. Foreign Affairs Director Joelle de Jong-Mercelina was present too.  Sovereign Party leader Helmin Wiels criticized the FOL presence various times, but his Justice Minister Wilsoe was the FOL negotiator for the local government.  After the briefing, PM Schotte and the ministers received a tour of the FOL facilities including a U.S. Air Force AWACs aircraft currently in Curacao to support counter-drug
operations. (Antilliaans Dagblad)

Curacao – 17 Kilos of Cocaine Confiscated and 5 Arrested in Narcotics Case
Law Enforcement Agencies raided various homes in Curacao and arrested at least five people in an international investigation into drug trafficking. They confiscated 17 kilos of cocaine and arrested three crew members of two small vessels at Caracasbaai, last Friday. The suspects are reportedly charged with trafficking cocaine to the Netherlands from Venezuela and Colombia via Curacao. Also, Drug Enforcement Administration agents supported the actions. (Various media)

Curacao – Chinese Businesses Interested to Invest?
Chinese Ambassador to the Netherlands Zhang Jun will travel to Curacao before the end of this month, according to Minister of Infrastructure Charles Cooper. Ambassador Zhang Jun has scheduled meetings with PM Gerrit Schotte and Minister Plenipotentiary Sheldry Osepa. Cooper hopes the Chinese government will renovate its deteriorated property at Scharlooweg 53 known as “Chinese Club” which it purchased in 2008.
(Amigoe)

Curacao – Tourism Bureau Expands Promotion in Venezuela
The Curacao Tourism Bureau announced it is expanding its media promotion campaign in Venezuela. Venezuelan tourism has dropped 62% during the first 10 months of 2010.
(Antilliaans Dagblad)

St. Maarten – Government Requests Dutch Police Reinforcements
The St. Maarten Police Chief Peter de Witte has asked Dutch Home Affairs and Kingdom Relations Minister Piet Hein Donner for 20 Dutch police officers for a total of three-years in an effort to strengthen his police corps. St. Maarten is missing expertise and has insufficient capacity to train its officers, De Witte said. (Extra)

Curacao – Customs Purchases Baggage Scanner for Airport Security
Customs Director Julian Lopez Ramirez announced that two German Smiths Heimann baggage scanners were deployed at Hato International Airport. A total of three excess scanners were purchased from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. The new scanners improve efficiency and enable us to meet the latest counter terrorism regulations, Lopez Ramirez said. (Antilliaans Dagblad)

Curacao – MinJus Wilsoe: “Parliamentarians Should Visit USFOL Too”
Curacao Justice Minister Elmer Wilsoe said Parliamentarians should visit the U.S. Forward Operating Location (USFOL) to understand the magnitude of its operation, just like five cabinet members did on Monday. It is important to accurately and duly inform Venezuela concerning the true USFOL mission to avoid speculations about espionage and other rumors. The USFOL not only benefits Curacao but the entire region, Wilsoe stated. Senators and other organizations will truly benefit from a USFOL visit because often the USFOL is criticized out of ignorance and opinions change after experiencing the true value of the USFOL.  Some believe the U.S. uses the USFOL for espionage, but in reality they only combat organized crime, counter narcotics in particular. The USFOL is only a benefit to Curacao; there is nothing negative in fighting crime. However, it is important to keep Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez in the loop because the USFOL counter narcotics efforts benefit the entire region. According to Wilsoe, President Chavez looks at the USFOL from an espionage angle but there are other ways to spy, the USFOL is not needed to accomplish that. The idea the USFOL is used for espionage is a total
misconception. It is our sovereign decision to host the USFOL, Wilsoe stated. (Extra)

Curacao - Prime Minister Schotte and Four Cabinet Members Visit U.S. Forward Operating Location

On the afternoon of Friday, January 7, Commander of the U.S. Forward Operating Location (FOL), Lieutenant Colonel Brian Bell along with his staff and U.S. Consul General Valerie Belon hosted Prime Minister Gerrit Schotte, four other Curacao Government Ministers, and the Foreign Affairs Director for a briefing and tour of the FOL.  Briefing PM Schotte, Deputy PM Charles Cooper, Justice Minister Elmer Wilsoe, Finance Minister George Jamaloodin, Economy Minister Abdul Nasser el Hakim, and Foreign Affairs Director Joelle de Jong-Mercelina, Lt.Col. Bell emphasized the exclusively counter-drug mission of the FOL supporting a multi-agency, multinational effort to combat illegal drug trafficking in the region.  Lt.Col. Bell also briefed the group on the significant contributions the FOL has made to the Hato International Airport including ramp and taxiway improvements, runway maintenance, training for airport firefighters, and programs to reduce the risk of bird strikes which can endanger aircraft. He also explained the large contributions the FOL makes to the local economy providing dozens of jobs and purchasing millions of dollars worth of goods and services locally as well as volunteer community service projects. Consul General Belon emphasized how combating illegal drug trafficking is a common challenge of all countries of the region and the FOL plays an important role to detect,
monitor, and hand off suspect vessels and aircraft to local authorities. Information is shared so that, depending on the legal jurisdiction, the appropriate local authorities can interdict, apprehend, and prosecute drug trafficking crime all around the region. In 2010 alone, these efforts resulted in over $3 billion worth of drug seizures. After the briefing, PM Schotte, the ministers, and the Foreign Affairs Director received a tour of the FOL facilities including a U.S. Air Force AWACs aircraft currently in Curacao to support counter-drug operations. (Various media)

St. Maarten – Commemoration Ceremony Missing Amcit Leta Cordes
It is three years to the day American woman Leta Cordes went missing from her home in
Dawn Beach. The occasion is being marked by a get-together of her friends and some of the volunteers who searched for her extensively. Leta’s husband Frank Cordes told police and media that his wife had left their home on the evening of January 11, 2008, to walk to The Westin St. Maarten Dawn Beach Resort and Spa. Discrepancies in the story and evidence gathered by law enforcement officials led to the arrest of Franks Cordes.  However, he was not charged and denied involvement in his wife’s disappearance or death. (Daily Herald)

St. Maarten – Money Laundering Is a Kingdom Concern

Justice Minister Roland Duncan is expected to announce a Financial Intelligence Unit (MOT) staff increase later this week. Prime Minister Sarah Wescot-Williams said Dutch Kingdom Relations and Internal Affairs Minister Piet Hein Donner raised his concern about the MOT operability during their last meeting.  A Financial Intelligence Unit is a central, national agency responsible for receiving (and, as permitted, requesting), analyzing and disseminating to the competent authorities, disclosures of financial information: (i) concerning suspected proceeds of crime and potential financing of terrorism, or (ii) required by national legislation or regulation, in
order to counter money laundering and terrorism financing.  The Kingdom of the Netherlands (the Netherlands, Aruba, Curaçao and St. Maarten) is also a Financial Action Taskforce (FATF) member. A FATF mutual evaluation program, the primary instrument by which the FATF monitors progress made by member governments in implementing the FATF Recommendations, is scheduled for later this year. (Daily Herald)

Curacao – 22 Drug Mules Appeared in Court

22 drug mules appeared before a judge, yesterday. The mules tried to smuggle drugs to the Netherlands by plane, despite the 100% control enforced by Dutch customs and immigration of all flights originating from Curacao at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. (Extra)

Curacao – PM Schotte Interpreter Chavez –Clinton Encounter

Curacao PM Gerrit Schotte reportedly used his language skills in Brazil last week where he interpreted a brief encounter between Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and Secretary Hillary Clinton. Details of the courtesies were not revealed, but it was mentioned in Venezuelan newspaper Agencias Venezolano de Noticias.
http://www.aporrea.org/venezuelaexterior/n172442.html (Antilliaans Dagblad)

Curacao – PM Schotte Interested in Joining Petrocaribe?

Venezuelan media reported that Curacao PM Schotte and Venezuelan President Chavez reportedly spoke about Schotte’s possible interest to join Petrocaribe, last week in Brazil.
Petrocaribe S. A. is a Caribbean oil alliance with Venezuela to purchase oil on conditions
of preferential payment. The alliance was launched in June 2005. Twelve of the fifteen
members of CARICOM plus Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Haiti, and Honduras are
members of Petrocaribe. (Antilliaans Dagblad)

Kingdom – Aruba and Netherlands Want To Strengthen Ties

Aruba PM Mike Eman and Dutch Kingdom Relations and Internal Affairs Minister Piet Hein Donner are of the opinion that the two Kingdom entities should strengthen their ties now the Netherlands are officially part of the Caribbean after the BES-Island became Dutch municipalities, last year. Also, Aruba wants to strengthen their ties with the European Union. Details of the plans will be presented in the agenda for their next scheduled meeting. (Various media)

Curacao - Vice-PM Cooper Meets Chinese Ambassador Zhang Jun

Curacao Vice-PM Charles Cooper briefly met with Chinese Ambassador to the Netherlands Zhang Jun who is visiting the Island. Cooper informed Zhang Jun that Curacao is interested in strengthening the ties between the two nations and hopes the Chinese will post a consular representative on Curacao. Also, Zhang Jun will later meet with Curacao PM Gerrit Schotte. (Antilliaans Dagblad)

Bonaire – Customs Officials Intercept 2.6 Kilos of Marijuana

Dutch Caribbean Customs Officials confiscated 2.6 kilos of marijuana with an approximately street value of US $29,000, on Tuesday; just 5 days after four packages containing 860 grams of marijuana were seized. One person allegedly involved in the shipment of the drugs from Curacao to Bonaire was arrested in Curacao. (Extra)

St. Maarten - U.S. Consulate General donates books to Public Library

The U.S. Consulate General in Curacao donated an assortment of English language books, new and used, to the Philipsburg Jubilee Library January 6, 2011. The multiinterest books are an important addition to the library’s current English language book collection. The books are intended for all ages, but many are of special interest to young people. Among the gifts are books related to sports, nature, U.S. government and subjects from Black History Month in the U.S. The United States Consulate General hopes this collection will contribute to a better understanding of the U.S. and its diverse culture.  Director Monique Alberts and Junior Librarian Maryland Powell accepted this gift from U.S. Vice-Consul Winifred Hofstetter. (Daily Herald)

St. Maarten – Chinese Ambassador Zhang Jun Meets PM Wescot-Williams

Chinese Ambassador in the Netherlands Zhang Jun will pay a courtesy visit to Prime Minister Sarah Wescot-Williams today. Wescot-Williams told the press this visit was part of the continued familiarization with the country St. Maarten. Whether the ambassador will raise any issue that may affect the Chinese community residing on St. Maarten is unknown.

Bonaire – Dutch Electoral Law Applicable on BES-Islands

In a court case filed by an immigrant, a judge ruled that foreigners residing on Bonaire legally five years or longer are allowed by Dutch law to participate in the upcoming March, 2011, Island Parliament elections . This Dutch electoral law reportedly also applies to legal residents on Saba and St. Eustatius. (Various media)

Curacao – “Ocean Encounters” Named Best Dive Operation

Ocean Encounters, a scuba diving facility on Curaçao, has been named “Best Dive Operation” in voting just released by Scuba Diving magazine. The publication recently published its annual Top 100 Gold List for 2011 and the Ocean Encounters operation was one of several prominent Caribbean dive centers to receive this top honor.  Curaçao offers an ideal location for scuba divers. Scuba divers are rapidly discovering this dive destination. In fact, Curacao was recently named singled out as a Top Scuba Destination for 2011. Scuba Magazine is published by Winter Park, Fl.-based Bonnier Corporation.

Curacao – University of the Netherlands Antilles Changes Its Name

The University of the Netherlands Antilles has officially changed its name to University of Curacao mr. dr. (Doktor) Moises Frumencio Da Costa Gomez (1907-1966). Doktor was a well respected statesman, an international voting rights activist and the founder of the political National Party (PNP). The PNP stood at the roots of the Kingdom of the Netherlands Charter in 1954 and what the Dutch Kingdom is today. The name change was necessary after the Netherlands Antilles ceased to exist in 2010. (Various media)

Aruba – MEP Loses Two Seats in Parliament; From 8 to 6

MEP Senators Marisol Lopez-Tromp and Mervin Wyatt-Ras were expelled by party management after they voted in favor of a change in the pension law regarding parliamentarians, a law initiated by the sitting AVP party of PM Mike Eman, a few weeks ago. Lopez-Tromp and Wyatt-Ras refused to return their seats to the party, and decided to continue as independent Members of Parliament which is lawful in Aruba. The MEP now has six of 21 seats in Parliament (Various media)

Curacao – Utility Company to Build New Diesel Plant at Bullenbaai

Utility Company Aqualectra management announced its plans to construct a new 84 megawatt diesel plant at Bullenbaai. The current diesel plant at Mundo Nubo will be dismantled. Project dates were not revealed. Other plans for a 36 MW wind farm and a 10 MW waste-to-energy Plant together with Waste Company Selikor are still in progress.  Aqualectra projects that a 232 MW capacity total should be sufficient to service the entire Island. Also, the capacity of the reverse osmosis water plant at Santa Barbara will increase and the construction of a new reverse osmosis plant at Bullenbaai is needed to meet the growing water demand, Aqualectra management stated. (Various media)

Dutch Caribbean - New ISO Code elements for Dutch Caribbean

This ISO (International Organization for Standardization) list which states country names
(official short names in English) as given in ISO 3166-1 and the corresponding ISO 3166-1-alpha-2 code elements has changed. 
BQ – Bonaire, Saba, and St. Eustatius; CW – Curacao; SX – St. Maarten were added.
The code AN for the former Netherlands Antilles was deleted.
ISO is the world's largest developer and publisher of International Standards. (Various
media)

Kingdom – Dutch Minister Donner Has No Doubt On Integrity of Curacao Ministers

At the end of a visit to the Caribbean parts of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Internal Affairs and Kingdom Relations Minister Donner said the Dutch parliament should realize that the government of Curacao is checked by the Curacao parliament and not the Dutch parliament. In December Dutch political party spokesmen had expressed concern about the integrity of the new Curacao administration.  Donner said he discussed the Curacao ministers screening issue with Curacao Governor Frits Goedgedrag, “and he saw no reason to look further into it and I have no reason to doubt the Governor.”   Donner said he used the visit to see how things were going and what the status of the new political structure is. With the government of Curacao he talked in particular about the Isla refinery and the prison conditions.

Kingdom – PM Schotte and Dutch Minister Donner Discuss Isla Refinery Future

Curacao PM Gerrit Schotte and Dutch Internal Affairs and Kingdom Relations Minister Piet Hein Donner discussed the Venezuelan State-owned Oil Company PdVSA leased and operated Isla Refinery future and the Curacao Detention and Correction Center conditions. Details of the discussion were not revealed. (Various media)

Aruba - PM Eman Meets Chinese Ambassador Zhang Jun

Aruba PM Mike Eman met with Chinese Ambassador to the Netherlands Zhang Jun who is visiting the Island. Eman and Zhang Jun discussed topics of mutual interest. Details of the meeting were not revealed. (Various media)

Aruba – Dutch Minister Donner: “Aruba Responsible For Its Own Debts”

Aruba is responsible for refinancing its debts, Dutch Internal Affairs and Kingdom Relations Minister Piet Hein Donner said. Aruba PM Mike Eman is asking Dutch assistance with refinancing the entire US $1.1 billion debt, but Donner responded he cannot make any promises. (Various media)

Curacao – Hato International Airport In a Deplorable State

Curaçao Airport Holding (CAH) and Curaçao Airport Partners (CAP) are currently working on an airport upgrade proposal for Economic Affairs Minister Nasser El Hakim, because the airport is in a deplorable state just five years after opening, CAH-director Maurice Adriaens said. The proposal offers several scenarios, each with a separate cost estimate and financing possibilities. Especially the arrival hall and the baggage system require serious maintenance. A possible airport departure tax increase could be part of the proposal. (Various news)

Kingdom – IOC Finds Solution for Former Netherlands Antilles

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) executive board has found a solution for former Netherlands Antilles athletes by clearing the way for athletes from these countries to compete as independent athletes at the London Games, under the Olympic or Dutch flag. The local Olympic Committee no longer exists after the Netherlands Antilles dissolved in 2010. (Antilles Post)

Curacao – Minister Hakim: “Cost of Produce Too High”

Curaçao’s Economic Affairs Minister Nasser El Hakim is determined to reduce the cost of fruits and vegetables on the island. He is of the opinion that tax incentives and opening the market to more producers and countries would benefit the sector, despite signs that produce prices are rising globally. (Various media)

CURAÇAO
New ambulance service

As of January 1 the new ambulance service Ambulance Care Foundation (Fundashon Kuido di Ambulans – FKA) has replaced the bankrupt Curaçao Emergency Medical Services (CEMS) and started operations out of the Public Health Department district office in Mundu Nobo. A total of 49 former CEMS employees have signed new labor contracts with FKA. The CEMS building in
Emmastad will be converted into a central dispatch station for the police, fire and other emergency services departments (Antilliaans Dagblad).

ST. MAARTEN
Crime January 7 – 13

On January 12, a tourist in Cole Bay was robbed by four men (Daily Herald, St. Maarten Island Time).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The Weekly Press Summary is a compilation of stories running in the Dutch Caribbean press that is intended to alert readers about items of interest to them. There is no interpretation or verification of the facts contained therein."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #648 on: January 26, 2011, 02:41:51 AM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE AND STEPHANY!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #649 on: January 26, 2011, 09:25:57 AM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE HOLLOWAY & STEPHANY FLORES

GOOD NIGHT & GOD BLESS

KEEPTHEFAITH

an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: January 26, 2011, 05:38:52 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/26935-polis-di-aruba-ta-haya-e-sistema-di-gps-di-setar.html

Papiamentu translation:

police of aruba is achieve the sistema of gps of setar

wednesday, 26 january 2011 15:27

we departamento of police at aruba also will go haci usage of setar his navigator gps-units cu map completo of aruba. recientemente setar owing to haci entrega of the producto new navigator gps unit at we cuerpo policial. boss of police sr. adolfo richardson owing to ricibi the producto for of hand of accountmanager of setar, sr. david dubero in presencia of sr. r.a. geerman, coördinador of the meldkamer of kpa y sr. the. r. zebeda, algemeen beleidsmedewerker of kpa. setar owing to lance his navigator gps-units cu is one sistema cu is consisti of 3 various model of the so calling garmin tm models: they're nϋvi 1200, 1310 y the 1410. all the three modelonan here of gps is come cu the map of aruba geload in they. the map of aruba is contene 858 nombernan of cayanan at aruba, 34,000+ adresnan y 572 puntonan of interest. the producto here is come cu capacidad of texto y of owing to activacion of voz for percura cu have navegacion con for become y arrive at the adres or destinacion. the product here is come in 3 various size also cu screennan of 3.5”, 4.3” y 5.0” inch. for that the servicio here is idealmente? setar navigator gps-units is ideal for tourist y bishitantenan cu is huur car, motorcycle y atv’s. can using the sistema here of gps because; aid for servicionan of emergencia as police, departamento of brandweer y ambulance. another instancianan cu will can beneficia of the setar navigator gps-units is postkantoor, or companion of entrega immediate as “express delivery services” y servicionan of taxi. setar have the navigator unitnan here obtenibel at the next teleshops: san nicolas, santa cruz, hill blanco, palm beach, irausquin plein y at airport. for more informacion encuanto of the setar navigators can visit the website of setar: www.setar.aw.

comentarionan (1) mustra/kita comentarionan come across...

scirbi for pieter hooft, january 26, 2011

at the netherlands the meldkamer can look at all car cu is core noodhulp on they map on one computer y so send the car more serca of one incidente for her incidente also. the do not juda only in jega liher at accidente cu herido etc. but also in caso of atraco. the is make cu have less time among the jamada of telephone of a (testigo or victima) y the contacto among centrale post cu the car of police more serca of the sitio. so have more chens for grab the criminalnan. this is only if do you log on do you car in the systema of gps. dus hour do you go busca cuminda cu car of police centrale post not can look at do you if do you not owing to log on, hahaha. will is good for introduci this also for aruba! +0 come across

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #651 on: January 26, 2011, 05:53:44 PM »

http://amigoenieuws.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2343:grootschalig-onderzoek-witwassen-en-hennepteelt&catid=108:artikelen-aruba&Itemid=199

Google translation:

Large-scale money laundering investigation and hemp

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 9:05 p.m.

ORANGE CITY / AMSTERDAM - In a major police investigation, led by prosecutors in the Netherlands, have been searches at 25 locations including Aruba. Four suspects were arrested - all also in the Netherlands - for money laundering but also to facilitate hemp abroad.

The Public Ministry (prosecutor Arnhem) announced in a press release that at least 450 policemen took part in the action that took place yesterday morning. Besides raids in the Netherlands (such as in thirteen locations in Gelderland-South) are also homes and commercial buildings studied in Belgium, Spain and so on Aruba. The police has seized houses, expensive cars, money, jewelry and other goods which they suspect that they are paid for with laundered money. Also included administration. The house in Aruba, according to the Dutch PPS in any event not included things that hemp can be grown, what is illegal.

The suspects are said by the Dutch justice a wholesaler, selling, among other things that hemp can be grown. The Netherlands is not illegal, but it is like this so that foreign clients are facilitated to grow hemp in their country where it is illegal. The so-called Roma investigation began in September 2009 after police found dubious financial flows and financial structures. The study focused primarily on money laundering in the past would have earned with hemp-related offenses, according to the OM. Later in the Justice investigation also suspected complicity (illegal) hemp abroad by facilitating hemp farms. Also, two companies, a grow shop and a wholesale Gelderland Wijchen be regarded as suspect.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #652 on: January 26, 2011, 07:21:22 PM »

http://amigoenieuws.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2343:grootschalig-onderzoek-witwassen-en-hennepteelt&catid=108:artikelen-aruba&Itemid=199

Google translation:

ORANGE CITY / AMSTERDAM - In a major police investigation, led by prosecutors in the Netherlands, have been searches at 25 locations including Aruba. Four suspects were arrested - all also in the Netherlands - for money laundering but also to facilitate hemp abroad.

The Public Ministry (prosecutor Arnhem) announced in a press release that at least 450 policemen took part in the action that took place yesterday morning. Besides raids in the Netherlands (such as in thirteen locations in Gelderland-South) are also homes and commercial buildings studied in Belgium, Spain and so on Aruba. The police has seized houses, expensive cars, money, jewelry and other goods which they suspect that they are paid for with laundered money. Also included administration. The house in Aruba, according to the Dutch PPS in any event not included things that hemp can be grown, what is illegal.

The suspects are said by the Dutch justice a wholesaler, selling, among other things that hemp can be grown. The Netherlands is not illegal, but it is like this so that foreign clients are facilitated to grow hemp in their country where it is illegal. The so-called Roma investigation began in September 2009 after police found dubious financial flows and financial structures. The study focused primarily on money laundering in the past would have earned with hemp-related offenses, according to the OM. Later in the Justice investigation also suspected complicity (illegal) hemp abroad by facilitating hemp farms. Also, two companies, a grow shop and a wholesale Gelderland Wijchen be regarded as suspect.

Wonder who's house?  Maybe Lorenzo? 
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #653 on: January 26, 2011, 07:59:53 PM »

Google translation:

http://www.spainreview.net/index.php/2011/01/26/civil-guard-has-arrested-18-members-of-a-drug-smuggling-gang/

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #654 on: January 26, 2011, 08:35:08 PM »

Google translation:

http://www.spainreview.net/index.php/2011/01/26/civil-guard-has-arrested-18-members-of-a-drug-smuggling-gang/

http://wijchen.nieuws.nl/nieuws/19141

Google translation:

NEWS WIJCHEN

Police raids and arrests in the region and abroad Wijchen

Wijchen, January 25, 2011 - January 25, 2011

Tuesday morning, police arrested four suspects on suspicion of money laundering, forgery and selling hemp supplies including to foreign buyers. We have 25 locations at home and abroad and several searches made goods were seized.

In September 2009 the police launched an investigation into a company (growshop) in Wijchen after the company cash flows and dubious funding structures were discovered. The study focused primarily on suspected money laundering in the past would have earned with hemp-related offenses. Later in the investigation came the suspicion of complicity in (illegal) hemp abroad by facilitating hemp farms. Also, two companies, a grow shop and a wholesale Wijchen be regarded as suspect.

Bet
More than 450 policemen took part in the operation Tuesday morning. This action was in question: Gelderland-South Police, Public Prosecutor Arnhem, Tax, municipal Wijchen Superregional, Confiscation Office of the Public Prosecution (BOOM), FIOD, the National Police and law enforcement in Belgium, Spain and Aruba . At 25 locations early in the morning simultaneously invaded. In two houses, three suspects were arrested in Nijmegen. The suspects are a 52-year-old man, 52-year-old woman and a 26-year old man. A 65-year-old suspect was arrested in Wijchen.

Searches
In other locations (grow shop, offices, residences at home and abroad) searches were conducted. Abroad, searched homes in Belgium, Spain and Aruba. At various locations, seized records and goods, like expensive cars, houses in the Netherlands and Spain, commercial property, business inventories, money and jewelry. The suspicion is that the seized goods were financed with capital laundering. Moreover, the seized goods also serve as security for the execution of a confiscation order imposed.

Punishability
Running a grow shop in the Netherlands is not punishable. In this study, there is a suspicion of criminal acts through the growshop Wijchen. There is a suspicion of forgery and money laundering in the past received money from organized hemp. At least three suspects are also believed guilty of hemp-related offenses. They are suspected of cannabis cultivation and trafficking committed in the period 2002 to 2008. There is also the suspicion of facilitating hemp abroad, by supplying materials and goods destined for the organization of cannabis plantations. Suppliers are suspected to have been aware of where the material would end up and what they would be used. In general, grow shops are seen as pivotal in organized crime hemp. This growshop run by the defendants and the wholesaler is seen as a major supplier to persons engaged in cultivation of hemp in the Netherlands and abroad.

Money
The laundering of money earned by criminal activity creates nexus between the upper and underworld. Hence, it is a threat to the rule of law. Tackling money laundering is a priority for police and public prosecution.

Integrated approach
In the large-scale research has been a good collaboration between many parties: Gelderland-South Police, Public Prosecutor Arnhem, Tax, municipal Wijchen Superregional, Confiscation Office of the Public Prosecution (BOOM), the National Police and law enforcement Czech Republic, Belgium, Spain, England, Germany and Aruba. In the research work according to the programmatic approach. This means that police and cooperate with other parties, including municipal and tax, for each from their own potential, jointly erecting barriers to prevent certain types of crime to tackle and reduce.

International cooperation
Of the 25 sites are located 13 sites in the region of Gelderland-Zuid (Nijmegen, Wijchen, Berg en Dal). Further searches have taken place in Rotterdam, Gendt, Doorwerth, Rosmalen, Amsterdam, Mierlo, Beverwijk and also several foreign locations such as Belgium, Spain and Aruba. (13)

Published on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 12:25:00

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #655 on: January 26, 2011, 08:40:06 PM »

http://www.om.nl/actueel/nieuws-_en/@154873/arrests_on_suspicion/

Arrests on suspicion of laundering
25 januari 2011 - Arrondissementsparket Arnhem

On Tuesday morning 25 January 2011, police arrested five suspects on suspicion of laundering, forgery and selling necessities for hemp cultivation to foreign buyers, among others. Searches took place at 25 locations both inside and outside the Netherlands and various goods were seized.

In September 2009, the police initiated an investigation into a firm (grow-shop) in Wijchen (NL), after dubious money flows and financing constructions had been observed at this firm. In first instance, the investigation was focussed on laundering money that had been earned in earlier hemp related offences. Later on, the suspicion arose that the suspects were also guilty of (illegal) hemp cultivation inside and outside the Netherlands by way of facilitating hemp nurseries.

Two firms in Wijchen are designated as suspects as well.

Deployment
Over 450 police officers participated in the action on Tuesday morning. Authorities that were involved in this action: Gelderland-Zuid Police Force, the Public Prosecution Service in Arnhem, the Tax Authorities, the city of Wijchen, the Supra Regional Criminal Investigation Service, the Asset Recovery Unit of the Public Prosecution Service, the National Police Agency and the police and judicial authorities in Belgium, Spain and Aruba. Early in the morning, at 25 locations premises were raided simultaneously. Three suspects were apprehended in two houses in Nijmegen. The suspects are a 52–year old man, a 52 –year old woman and a 26 –year old man.
One 65-year old man was arrested in Wijchen.

Searches were conducted at different locations (grow-shop, business premises, houses inside and outside the Netherlands). Outside the Netherlands searches were conducted in Belgium, Spain and Aruba. At various places accounting books and goods such as expensive cars, houses in the Netherlands and Spain, business premises, stocks, money and jewellery, were seized. It is suspected that the seized goods had been financed with laundered capital.

In addition, the seized goods may be used as securities for the execution of a confiscation order to be imposed.

Punishability
In the Netherlands, running a grow-shop is not punishable. This investigation concentrates on the suspicion of indictable offences via this grow-shop in Wijchen. There is the suspicion of forgery and laundering of earlier proceeds originating from organised hemp cultivation. At least three suspects are also suspected of being guilty of hemp related offences. They are suspected of hemp cultivation and trafficking, committed in the period between 2002 and 2008. In addition, there is the suspicion of facilitating the hemp cultivation in a foreign country, by way of supplying materials/goods which are destined to hemp cultivation and/or setting up hemp nurseries. The suppliers are suspected of being aware of the destination of these materials and of their use. In general, grow-shops are considered to be the kingpins in organized hemp related crime.

This grow-shop and the wholesale trade run by the suspects is regarded as an important supplier to persons who are involved in hemp cultivation inside and outside the Netherlands.

Laundering
Laundering money that is earned by way of criminal activities, results in the interrelation between the underworld and the straight world.
The fight against laundering is a priority of the police and the Public Prosecution Service.

Comprehensive approach
In this large scale investigation many parties cooperated in a very good way:
Gelderland-Zuid Police Force, the Public Prosecution Service in Arnhem, the Tax Authorities, the city of Wijchen, the Supra Regional Criminal Investigation Service, the Asset Recovery Unit of the Public Prosecution Service, the National Police Agency and the police and judicial authorities in the Czech Republic, Belgium, Spain, England, Germany and Aruba.
This investigation was conducted according to the programmatic approach. This means that police and Public Prosecution Service closely work together with other parties such as the city and tax authorities to create barriers, each from out of their own possibilities, in their cooperative approach to tackle and reduce certain forms of crime.

International cooperation
Of those 25 locations, 13 are in the region Gelderland-Zuid (Nijmegen, Gendt, Wijchen, Berg en Dal). Verder hebben er doorzoekingen plaatsgevonden in Rotterdam, Doorwerth, Rosmalen, Amsterdam, Mierlo, Beverwijk and various locations outside the Netherlands.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #656 on: January 26, 2011, 09:15:42 PM »

NOTICE:

Red has asked me to ask all of us in the forum NOT to copy and paste entire articles from sites, just post the link and PART of the article.  TIA.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #657 on: January 26, 2011, 09:27:16 PM »

An Underage Joran van der Sloot and Aruba's Underground Economy

The Island of Aruba did not anticipate the strength and determination of a mother by the name of Beth Holloway Twitty. By the time that Aruba realized that this amazing woman was not about to be silenced until her quest for answers regarding her precious daughter was realized … it was too late to turn back. It is no longer just about protecting Paulus, Joran, Deepak and Kalpoe in regards to their role in the events that encompass that fateful morning.  It is now about protecting those at all levels of the Aruban/Dutch administrations who were involved in the coverup.  It is now about protecting the sons of the elite.  It is now about protecting the judiciary.  It is now about protecting  Aruba's dirty little secrets in regards to Aruba's underground economies ... underground economies that encompass drugs … gambling … prostitution … pornography … money laundering.

Justice for Natalee Holloway will never happen.  The Aruban house of cards would collapse.

++++++

1.  HE IS NOT A TOURIST

Page 39:
  Following our brief conversation, we all walk immediately to the front desk to ask about someone named Joran who is staying in the hotel and plays in the casino here.  The Holiday Inn night manager, Brenda, knows him by name.  "Oh! yes ... yes ... Joran.  He gambles in the Excelsior Casino here.  He likes to prey on young female tourists.  Especially the blonds.   He is tall.  Good-looking boy.  Like a Dutch marine."   My mouth drops wide open.  "Where is he from?" I ask her.  She replies.  "He lives in Aruba."  I stutter.  "He's ... he's not a tourist just here for the summer?"  "Non, non," she says.

It takes a few moments to absorb this information.  The supposed tourist who befriended some of Natalee's classmates and who told them he was staying at their hotel lied to them.  He isn't a tourist.  He isn't staying here.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: January 26, 2011, 09:37:52 PM »

2. ONE ROOM

Deepak Kalpoe - Suspect Statement - June 10, 2005

To your question as to what role Joran plays in our circle of friends, I can state the following. He has no real role. We are all the same.

To your question as to where we take the girls we pick up, I can state the following. Sometimes the girls stay at "Carlos & Charlies" or sometimes we take them to their hotel.

To your question was to what exactly happens when we have picked up the girls, I can state the following. Just kissing and dancing.

To your question whether sexual intercourse has happened, I can state the following. Yes, it has happened.

To your question whether it ever happened that all of us, so in one room, had sexual intercourse, I can state the following. It has happened.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #659 on: January 26, 2011, 09:43:13 PM »

3.  ACCESS TO A LINE OF CREDIT

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for April 3
updated 8:24 a.m. PT, Tues., April. 4, 2006

JOHN Q. KELLY, HOLLOWAY FAMILY ATTORNEY: Well, if you look at the surveillance video footage, it appears that he’s the one sitting directly next to her and tries to engage her in conversation a couple of times.  And it’s sort of ironic that it’s his father who brought his underage son to a casino and left him there after he left, with access to his line of credit, to put this unfortunate chain of events in process.

You know, if Joran had never been there, not been allowed in there, because he’s underage and wasn’t accompanied by his father, the whole rest of the night wouldn’t have happened.

COSBY: You know, and, John, also, why would that be a significant—why is that in conflict to something else we’ve heard maybe from Paulus before?

KELLY: Well, he’s just claiming that, you know, he’s kept an eye on his son, you know, he’s kept him on a short leash, and, you know, his son is very well-behaved. And it turns out that he’s, you know, got him at casinos. If you’re under 18, you’re not legally even allowed in casinos, so his son was breaking the law with him enabling it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12150698/

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.