March 28, 2024, 03:16:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #855 12/30/10 -  (Read 443605 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #680 on: January 29, 2011, 01:09:27 AM »

http://www.kens5.com/news/national/114803519.html

US man charged with hiring drug runner for cocaine

Posted on January 28, 2011 at 11:01 AM
Updated today at 11:01 AM

PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island (AP) — A Central Falls man has been charged with conspiracy for allegedly hiring a drug runner to deliver cocaine from Aruba to England.

The U.S. Attorney's office in Providence on Friday says 35-year-old Gustavo Querido was promised $10,000 to arrange for a drug runner from Rhode Island to travel to Aruba, and then carry a suitcase full of five to seven kilograms of cocaine to England.

Prosecutors say Querido offered the person $8,000 cash to make the trip, and then bought the person a ticket with his mother's credit card. The person wasn't allowed on the flight out of Boston because it was a one-way ticket.

Querido was arrested Monday and ordered detained Wednesday because he is considered a flight risk.

His lawyer did not immediately return a phone message seeking comment.

His Myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/nhakry

The complaint:

http://www.justice.gov/usao/ri/press_release/jan2011/Querido%20Complaint.html

News Release
U.S. Department of Justice
Peter F. Neronha
United States Attorney
District of Rhode Island

January 28, 2010

CENTRAL FALLS MAN CHARGED WITH CONSPIRING TO
TRAFFIC 5-7 KILOS OF COCAINE FROM ARUBA TO ENGLAND

PROVIDENCE, R.I. – A federal criminal complaint and supporting affidavit unsealed in U.S. District Court in Providence detail the alleged participation of a Central Falls, R.I., man in a conspiracy to arrange for a drug runner from Rhode Island to travel to England and then Aruba to allegedly traffic between five and seven kilograms of cocaine from Aruba to England. As part of the alleged conspiracy, Gustavo Querido, 35, allegedly offered a local person $8,000 in cash to make the trip to London and the Caribbean to traffic the cocaine.

The criminal complaint was announced by U.S. Attorney Peter F. Neronha and Steven W. Derr, special agent in charge of the New England field division of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).

According to the affidavit on file with the U.S. District Court, Querido was allegedly contacted by a person in England last summer to arrange for a person to travel from Boston to England and then on to Aruba to pick up a suitcase which would contain the drugs, and then transport the suitcase back to England. The runner would be paid $8,000 in cash for transporting the suitcase; Querido would be paid $10,000 for locating a drug runner and making flight and passport arrangements for that person.

According to the affidavit, Querido was sent money to purchase the airline tickets and to pay associated fees with obtaining a passport for the drug runner by a person in England. Querido told police he spent that money, and instead used his mother’s credit card to cover the airline expenses. The person he allegedly arranged with to travel to England and Aruba was denied access to board a flight from Boston in October because the ticket was for a one-way flight only. When they arrived back in Rhode Island Querido was detained on an unrelated state charge. A federal arrest warrant on the drug charge was issued January 24. Querido made an initial appearance in U.S. District Court in Providence on Wednesday and was ordered detained by U.S. Magistrate Judge David L. Martin.

A criminal complaint is merely an allegation and is not evidence of guilt. A defendant is entitled to a fair trial in which it will be the government’s burden to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. If convicted, Querido faces a minimum sentence of 10 years in federal prison, and up to life in federal prison.

The case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Milind M. Shah.

The matter was investigated by the DEA Drug Task Force and Pawtucket Police. The drug task force is comprised of agents and law enforcement officers from the DEA, ATF, IRS, ICE, Rhode Island State Police, and Cranston, East Providence, Pawtucket, Providence, Newport, Warwick and Woonsocket Police Departments.

###

USARI.Media@usdoj.gov
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 01:11:31 AM by klaasend » Logged
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #681 on: January 29, 2011, 02:34:05 AM »

ARUBA

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #682 on: January 29, 2011, 03:37:40 AM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE AND STEPHANY!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #683 on: January 29, 2011, 08:55:57 AM »

"Dear AHATA,
I believe we should win your honeymoon trip to Aruba. I'm only marrying the girl because she is stinkin' rich and I want to inherit her money. I figure Aruba offers the best chance of my new wife not making it home alive."

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #684 on: January 29, 2011, 02:40:46 PM »

IF WE COULD FIND THE HAYSTACK, WE COULD FIND THE NEEDLE

Aruba: The Tragic Untold Story of Natalee Holloway and Corruption in Paradise
by Dave Holloway

Publisher: Thomas Nelson Publishers-Business (Mar 15 2006)
ISBN-10: 1595550631
ISBN-13: 978-1595550637

<snipped>

By noon I learned that Natalee was not getting on the plane.  I found out that it had been a chaperone from Natalee's group who had changed her flight in the hopes that she would reappear.  It was then that I knew something tragic must have happened.  I feared the worst, but prayed for a miracle.  I hung up the phone and broke down .....

<snipped>

From my first day on the island, I realized that I could not rely on the police to find my daughter. If they refused to search, we would organize and do it ourselves.  We were able to obtain enough information to learn the route the boys had taken with Natalee.  We decided to start the search at the California Lighthouse on the northwestern tip of the island and work our way back to the Holiday Inn. I enlisted about fifty tourists to help.

<snipped>

I sat on a rock and allowed myself to briefly let go. Tears ran down my face. I was worn out, and I was having one of those moments that I suppose was perfectly normal, under the circumstances. I still could not believe what was happening. How was it possible that I was in a foreign country searching for my missing daughter?

After a few minutes of much-needed rest, I regrouped, and we continued to clear the area. When we felt that we had exhausted our search there, we moved down to the beach and discussed our next plan of action.

<snipped>

The days passed with no real leads and nothing to indicate whether Natalee was still alive. Hundreds of calls came in with tips that led nowhere and suggestions of crazy schemes that would try anyone's patience. We kept searching and praying. It was all we could do for Natalee, and we hoped it would be enough.

<snipped>

During our daylight searches throughout the island, our group came across many abandoned houses where drug addicts had left razors and other drug paraphernalia. Some were filled with foul smelling odors, feces, urine, cardboard boxes they used as blankets or beds, and general trash. One of those houses was located right next to a fine restaurant near the hotel area and a McDonald's

<snipped>

Natalee’s birthday was a difficult day.  I tried not to focus on it  and kept busy with my efforts to search for her.  As with times back in Mississippi, I was not always with Natalee on her birthday due to sharing time with her with Beth.  I did my best to imagine that this was just not my turn to spend her birthday with her.

<snipped>

Another witness, a homeless man who claimed to have been up on the landfill three days after Natalee vanished, said he had seen someone take something out of a pick-up truck that looked like a body and bury it. He descried the exact spot with landmarks, but by this time, there had already been a lot of garbage dumped on top of the spot. The searchers dug and came across some of the things the witness said he had seen in the garbage, but they had to use backhoes to dig deeper, and the machinery kept breaking down. We had about forty holes dug and kept sending the dogs down in them. During that entire week, I spent all of my time surrounded by rotting garbage searching for Natalee. It was hot and the stench was so unbearable that we had to wear masks in order to breathe, but we continued to search. My belief was that if we could find the haystack, we could find the needle.

<snipped>

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #685 on: January 29, 2011, 02:44:52 PM »

Tamikosmom and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: January 29, 2011, 03:36:54 PM »

MuffyBee, Tamikosmom and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hi Janet    Hi 1 Guest   

Please light a candle remembering Natalee and her family's quest for answers.  Since two were created, you may use one or both.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=NAH

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Nat%27s

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: January 29, 2011, 11:10:27 PM »

I FEEL SUCH REGRET

<snipped>

Page 31:  Clutching both portraits, Jug and I drive to the private hangar at the far side of the Birmingham airport.  On the way I contact Cingular Wireless and have international calling activated on my cell.  I activate Natlee's too.  If she has hers with her, she can call me now.  If she had had international calling that last night, she could have called someone for help.  Why didn't we do this before she left?  I feel such regret.

<snipped>

FOCUSING ON EDUCATION

Talking To Beth Holloway Five Years After Natalee's Disappearance
05/30/10 1:45 pm

<snipped>

"Tragedy creates an opportunity to make a difference."

Making A Difference

Beth tells the story of Natalee's disappearance to high school and college students round the nation as part of her work with the Natalee Holloway Resource Center,which launches in D.C. on June 8

"The Natalee Holloway Resource Center is focusing on education and crime prevention, and in the event that a loved one goes missing we have the resources and the contacts to assist the families."

<snipped>

http://www.abc3340.com/news/stories/0510/741129.html

++++++

Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: January 30, 2011, 04:46:44 AM »

http://www.otmj.com/2010/11/byrd-morris/

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=27417050

I'm happy for them, but sad too...Natalee should have been there!   Crying or Very sad

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: January 30, 2011, 04:57:00 AM »

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #690 on: January 30, 2011, 07:07:48 AM »

me 2 texasmom  and Natalee should have had the chance to find love and get married, as well.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #691 on: January 30, 2011, 10:02:55 AM »

me 2 texasmom  and Natalee should have had the chance to find love and get married, as well.

Absolutely!   an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #692 on: January 30, 2011, 10:52:47 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/politica-mainmenu-18/27074-paul-croes-introduccion-di-digitalisacion-den-parlamento-a-duna-resultado-positivo-.html

Papiamentu translation:

paul croes: introduccion of digitalisacion in parliament owing to give result positive

saturday, 29 january 2011 12:33

chairman of parliament drs. paul croes owing to anuncia cu by cu owing to introduci the camaranan in sitting-room of parliament at december ultimo, can feel cu people is more close of we politiconan y can follow they miho.

snipped

drs. paul croes did take notice cu by introduccion of the camaranan, the level of the reunionnan owing to lever drasticamente y esey on his self is one sharp much positive. is wait for cu people of aruba follow the reunionnan here via internet on they computer, via the site www.parlamento.aw.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: January 30, 2011, 10:58:27 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/27070-intento-di-suicidio-na-sero-patrishi.html

Papiamentu translation:

attempt of suicidio at hill patrishi

saturday, 29 january 2011 10:36

saturday marduga algo happen of 12or owing to send autoridad cu urgencia for one cas at hill patrishi for one man cu owing to drink cantidad of pill for so place one end at his life.

snipped

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: January 30, 2011, 11:04:42 AM »

ANOTHER suicide attempt in "paradise"?   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: January 30, 2011, 11:07:15 AM »

ANOTHER suicide attempt in "paradise"?   

Yep!   

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #696 on: January 30, 2011, 11:43:17 AM »

Daddy's Little Girl

Corruption in Paradise - Dave Holloway

<snipped>

Page 1: I watched as she received her high school diploma, and I took pictures of her at her graduation ceremony.  I planned to be there when she graduated from college and then medical school.  My pride would have enveloped us both.  I had long imagined the day when I would see my Natalee in her beautiful white wedding grown.  We would meet in the back of the church for her last moment as "daddy's little girl" and, as she encircled my arm with hers, I would lean down and whisper the words that all fathers must say to their daughters on that very special day, "I love you."  I would walk her down the aisle and proudly offer her hand to her fiance, and I would return to my seat knowing that my girl had accomplished all that a father could desire.  At that moment, it would be clear that the first tier of her life with me had come to an end and that the man she would now look to for approval and love would be her husband.  But she would always be my little Natalee ... always.

<snipped>

+++++++

Aruba: The Tragic Untold Story of Natalee Holloway and Corruption in Paradise
by Dave Holloway

Publisher: Thomas Nelson Publishers-Business (Mar 15 2006)
ISBN-10: 1595550631
ISBN-13: 978-1595550637

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #697 on: January 30, 2011, 11:47:12 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/politica-mainmenu-18/27074-paul-croes-introduccion-di-digitalisacion-den-parlamento-a-duna-resultado-positivo-.html

Papiamentu translation:

paul croes: introduccion of digitalisacion in parliament owing to give result positive

saturday, 29 january 2011 12:33

chairman of parliament drs. paul croes owing to anuncia cu by cu owing to introduci the camaranan in sitting-room of parliament at december ultimo, can feel cu people is more close of we politiconan y can follow they miho.

snipped

drs. paul croes did take notice cu by introduccion of the camaranan, the level of the reunionnan owing to lever drasticamente y esey on his self is one sharp much positive. is wait for cu people of aruba follow the reunionnan here via internet on they computer, via the site www.parlamento.aw.

I thought these were a couple interesting things about Paul Croes, the President of the Aruban Parliament.

arubagirl wrote this about him before the election:

http://arubagirl.typepad.com/lost_in_smallness/2009/05/election-2009-new-kids-on-the-old-block-call-it-a-comeback.html

snipped

Now is also the time that the political parties will trot out their new candidates. Every time several Arubans decide to throw their hats in the political ring. Among this year's crop we have the hospital's financial administrator, a theology teacher, and a former beauty queen.

Two notable freshmen are Paul Croes (AVP) and Evelyn Wever-Croes (MEP). These two are cousins on their fathers' side. They are Croes from Santa Cruz, who are basically indoctrinated from birth to be loyal to MEP. So the fact that Paul Croes decided to buck family obligations and even worse, put his name on the AVP list brings about the only logical reaction from his MEPista family: banishment.

Okay, perhaps not quite as bad as banishment, but there has been scorn. And anger. Scorn, anger and feelings of betrayal.

snipped

And I've noticed in pictures for a while now that his significant other is Lienchi Merryweather's daughter Melony Paesch.  I don't know if they're married or not...haven't seen anything about a wedding...I could have missed it...but I think maybe she either just had a baby; or may have one on the way.  jmo

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/26906-gobernantenan-presente-na-ceremonia-di-dia-di-betico-.html

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: January 30, 2011, 12:13:34 PM »

Frances Ellen Byrd

The Decatur Daily News
June 27, 2005

<snipped>

At the fund-raiser, a group of six Mountain Brook teenage girls put on matching silver wishbone necklaces, a sign of their lasting friendship.

"Natalee still has hers," Mallie Tucker said at the concert raising money for the search for Holloway. "Natalee is my best friend and I'd do anything to bring her home."

"We just get together and pray," said Frances Ellen Byrd, also wearing her wishbone necklace. "We can't wait for her to get home."

<snipped>

http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/050627/benefit.shtml

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #699 on: January 30, 2011, 01:19:45 PM »

http://www.glamour.com/sex-love-life/2010/09/what-weve-never-told-anyone-about-natalee-holloway

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8498.0

snipped

CLAIRE: Natalee moved to Mountain Brook in eighth grade, from tiny Clinton, Mississippi—and she kind of just fell into our group. We all had silly nicknames for each other. I was Party, because for some reason I used to instant-message my friends as PartyGirl600.

MALLIE: I was Tucka Mota, because there was a car dealership in town with my same last name called Tucker Motors, and they had a really funny commercial.

CLAIRE: So Natalee said, “Back in Mississippi, everyone called me Hooty Hoo Holloway.” We later found out she had completely made that up just to fit in! But we called her Hooty. “It’s Hoooo-ty,” she’d say, in a high, silly voice on the phone. I saved her last voice mail until a year ago, when it became just too hard to listen to.

So Hooty Hoo Holloway came to Birmingham, and there was no beating around the bush with that girl. If she had an opinion, she would tell you. Once I asked her to get me a soft drink, and she looked at me like I’d asked her to run a mile. Like: Are you kidding? Get it yourself.

MALLIE: Natalee was an original. She was obsessed with The Wizard of Oz. She had more Wizard of Oz stuff in her room than you’d ever seen! She was in love with Lynyrd Skynyrd. And she had a Sheltie named Macy. She loved that dog so much; she would color its hair with highlighters and paint its toenails.

CLAIRE: Natalee was such a good jazz dancer. She was on the school dance team every year. And she was smart. If you had a top grade point average, you didn’t have to take finals senior year. Natalee would call me during finals and say, “Do you want to hang out?” I said, “Hooty, I can’t! Unlike you, I have tests!”

MALLIE: She helped me with AP environmental science. She was obsessed with topography—she loved to study the mountain ranges on maps.

CLAIRE: She was careful, not a rule bender. She turned 16 seven months before I did, and she got a cute little white Volvo. Even though I didn’t have a license, I kept begging her, “Just let me drive it, please?” She finally said, “OK, you can move it one spot over” in the parking lot. She wasn’t someone to take a risk.

MALLIE: Natalee and I worked on weekends at my mom’s organic food store, Harvest Glen. Natalee and her mom [Beth Holloway] were super close. Beth was a speech pathologist and worked with children, and that sensitivity rubbed off. My mom employed autistic adults at Harvest Glen, and Natalee was their favorite coworker. She took them for outings, and she’d work alongside them, shucking corn and shelling peas together.

CLAIRE: She was a kind person, but not overly sweet. She just did good things.

MALLIE: I close my eyes and I see Natalee, shucking corn. It’s so strange—Natalee’s been gone for longer than I’ve known her. That’s really hard for me—I kind of want the years to stop. I hold on to these dumb little images: the blond hair on her arms. And her bubbly, messy handwriting!

CLAIRE: I can still hear her reading The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn out loud, with great animation, while we were sunbathing on the deck at her lake house.

MALLIE: Natalee didn’t have a serious boyfriend. She had a crush on this one boy—you could tell because she was all shy around him. She was particular. I think she was waiting for the perfect boyfriend: a cowboy, a Southern gentleman. She was innocent. We all were. We weren’t nerds, but we weren’t girls who would experiment with makeup all day either.

CLAIRE: We’d go tubing or wakeboarding until our bodies ached, out on Smith Lake. And we didn’t travel much—going to the beach at the Florida Panhandle was about it. So when the graduation trip to Aruba was planned, Natalee was so excited!

MALLIE: We all painted T-shirts that said ARUBA. Of course I was hysterical ‘cause I was the only one who didn’t go!

CLAIRE: Everyone going on the trip got on two planes—about 100 seniors and four teachers as chaperones—leaving for Aruba on Thursday. We’d be coming home Sunday night.

snipped

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.