March 28, 2024, 11:08:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skelton Boys: ages 9, 7, and 5, missing 11/26/2010, Morenci, Michigan  (Read 176004 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2010, 02:51:58 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:38:11 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2010, 02:54:51 PM »

Fire Chief Scott Damon of Cambridge Township, Mich., told a group of firefighters preparing to search that Morenci father "may have just dumped them on the road."     I'm not sure how to take this, whether he left them on the road deceased someone by now would have come across the children, and if he dumped them on the road alive, I would think that someone would have found them. Unless they may have walked into woods and got lost 
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2010, 02:56:14 PM »

Gracious Klaas, I wish my heart was telling me what the grandmother so wants to believe.

This is raw madness!!

Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2010, 03:03:34 PM »

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(v1fux355e1nhhb454jj2yj45))/mileg.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=mcl-750-520e

MI criminal code describing 750.520 E.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2010, 03:07:43 PM »

Thank you Tolerance.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2010, 03:25:58 PM »

http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/pioneer-ohio-new-search-area-for-missing-boys
New search area for missing boys
(Map & Photos at above link)
Updated: Monday, 29 Nov 2010, 2:44 PM EST
Published : Monday, 29 Nov 2010, 12:09 PM EST
MORENCI, Mich. (WUPW) - The search for three missing Morenci, Michigan boys has shifted to Ohio.

Monday morning, more than 300 volunteers have converged on the Lazy River Campground, just west of Pioneer, Ohio to look for Tanner Skelton, 5, Alexander Skelton, 7, and Andrew Skelton, 9, who were reported missing over the Thanksgiving holiday.

Volunteer fire fighters, hunters and farmers are among those searching the new area.

The minivan in which the boys were last seen, a 2000 blue Dodge Caravan, with Michigan license plate number: 9JQ H93, may have been in the Pioneer, Unity, West Unity, Holiday City, Ohio areas between 2:30p.m. Thursday and 1:30p.m. Friday.

Anyone who may have seen the vehicle and/or the boys is asked to call the Morenci Police hotline: 517-458-7104.

In a new development on the case, Larry Weeks, Morenci Police Chief, stated during a news conference Monday morning, the relationship between John Skelton and Joanne Taylor, the woman that he allegedly turned the boys over to last week, does not exist.

The boys were reported missing Friday and were last seen on Thanksgiving afternoon. When questioned, their father John Skelton, originally told police he had turned the boys over to Joanne Taylor to return them to their mother as he didn't want them with him when he attempted to commit suicide.

Weeks says the information Skelton gave police regarding the woman may have been made up.

According to police, Skelton is being treated for a psychological condition at unnamed hospital after trying to hang himself.

Morenci Police remain the lead investigative authority in this case, but is being assisted by the Michigan State Police, the FBI, and other authorities.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2010, 04:16:28 PM »

http://www.wtol.com/global/story.asp?s=13581834

Mom of missing MI boys is on sex-offender list
Updated: Nov 29, 2010 1:11 PM EST

MORENCI, Mich. (AP) — State records show the mother of three missing boys is on Michigan's sex-offender registry for a misdemeanor committed in 1998.

Tanya Skelton's offense was fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct. There are no other details on the website.

A message seeking additional information was left Monday with the Lenawee County prosecutor. Family spokeswoman Kathye Herrera says it's not relevant to the status of the missing kids.

Authorities are searching for Tanner, Alexander and Andrew Skelton, brothers who were last seen Thursday. The 44-year-old Tanya Skelton reported them missing Friday in Morenci on the Michigan-Ohio border.

Their father, John Skelton, told police that he gave the boys to a friend to take to his estranged wife. Police don't believe him.

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2010, 04:22:38 PM »

http://www.wtol.com/global/story.asp?s=13580161

Video at site
Missing MI boys' dad lied about woman; search shifts to OH town
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 8:36 AM EST
Updated: Nov 29, 2010 3:37 PM EST
Video Gallery <1|2>

(WTOL/AP) - The Morenci Police Chief says he believes the father of three missing boys lied about a relationship with a woman he claims to have entrusted with their care.

Police doubt 39-year-old John Skelton's story about handing his children over to a woman named Joann Taylor before attempting suicide. Five-year-old Tanner, 7-year-old Alexander and 9-year-old Andrew were last seen Thursday and are believed to be in danger.

The police chief also says the search for the boys is moving to Pioneer, OH and that anyone who saw the family's minivan last week should call police.

Morenci Police Chief Larry Week described a 2000 silver/blue Dodge Caravan that may have been in the Ohio cities of Kunkel, West Unity or Holiday City late Thursday or early Friday. The Michigan license plate is 9JQH93.

Anyone who may have seen the van from 2:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 25 to 1:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 26 is asked to call Morenci Police at 517-458-7104. Specifically, they are looking for anyone who may have seen the van between 4 a.m. and 7 a.m. Friday in those cities -- or along the Michigan-Ohio border.

The FBI says there's evidence the vehicle was seen during that time on the Ohio Turnpike.

Additionally, Weeks says the search for the boys has shifted from Morenci to Pioneer, OH.

Volunteers who showed up at the Morenci Fire Department to participate in the search was asked to stand down Monday morning. They are being asked to participate in the volunteer effort in Pioneer.

If you have information that could help police, call 517-458-7104.

2 4 1
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2010, 04:31:23 PM »

What has the weather been like since the boys have been missing. I wonder if they were dressed for the cold or if he took them out of bed in their pajamas. This is so heart breaking.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2010, 05:02:05 PM »

What has the weather been like since the boys have been missing. I wonder if they were dressed for the cold or if he took them out of bed in their pajamas. This is so heart breaking.
That is what I was wondering, if he let the boys off on a road and they wandered into the woods, not only would they get lost, but the cold weather, no food.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2010, 05:45:06 PM »

That is what I was wondering, if he let the boys off on a road and they wandered into the woods, not only would they get lost, but the cold weather, no food.

It has been in the 20's and 30's at night after the sun sets....I have frost on my car every morning.  I certainly dont think i could stand to be out all night around here even if I did have on winter clothing. 

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2010, 05:50:23 PM »

I was doing some digging on the father today and found out he is a client of mine   

I value my job so cant say all that I found out but I do know that one of the towns they were concentrating on today is also the place of his employment.

So this info gives me hope....maybe he did drop them off at a place that maybe the kids are familiar with.  If he ever took them to his job the oldest may recongize the area or something.

But again, you would think someone would have spotted them by now. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2010, 05:57:55 PM »

It has been in the 20's and 30's at night after the sun sets....I have frost on my car every morning.  I certainly dont think i could stand to be out all night around here even if I did have on winter clothing. 

Thank-you, I was pretty sure it was like that and there is no way those three little boys could survive that weather. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2010, 05:59:11 PM »

I was doing some digging on the father today and found out he is a client of mine   

I value my job so cant say all that I found out but I do know that one of the towns they were concentrating on today is also the place of his employment.

So this info gives me hope....maybe he did drop them off at a place that maybe the kids are familiar with.  If he ever took them to his job the oldest may recongize the area or something.

But again, you would think someone would have spotted them by now. 
Wow I'll bet that took your breath away for awhile. That is what I'm thinking someone would have spotted them by now.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2010, 06:07:59 PM »

For the websluths (moderators remove if needed), there is a listing in Morenci for a Tanya L. Skelton and a John R. Skelton living at 112 E. Congress St., Morenci.

Most possibly, she is the one residing in the home.

I wonder why his name hasn't been published, and if it has anything to do with he being in a mental ward. He should be a POI, and maybe the only one, now that his Zanny the Nanny is said to be of the imaginary kind.

Link?

I'm not even sure what they are trying to say?  I'm sure John R. Skelton (the boys father) is the prime suspect.   John's name has been published so I don't know what this person at WS is referring to.  Makes zero sense to me.

Here is a pic to of the house...I'm pretty sure it says One Twelve at the top so that address woudl be correct.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2010, 06:09:56 PM »

Link to pic above (my screen was having a major spasm on that last post -- I could barely see what I was typing!)

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=TO&Date=20101128&Category=NEWS16&ArtNo=112809996&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=8

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2010, 06:11:48 PM »

Link to pic above (my screen was having a major spasm on that last post -- I could barely see what I was typing!)

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=TO&Date=20101128&Category=NEWS16&ArtNo=112809996&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=8

Thanks Leroy - yes the caption under the photo of the house reads......

Police tape lines the exterior of the home of John Skelton at 112 East Congress in Morenci, Mich. Andrew, Alexander, and Tanner Lucas Skelton were reportedly last seen Friday in their father’s backyard.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2010, 06:14:31 PM »

Thanks Klaas - I was all frazzled with my screen and didn't even catch that.

Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2010, 06:32:51 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7815138

In 1999, she was convicted of fourth degree criminal sexual conduct for having sex with a 14-year-old boy. The teen would do handyman work on rental properties Tanya and her ex-husband owned.

Shortly after the allegations surfaced, Tanya's husband filed for divorce. He was granted custody of the couple's two daughters.

Well this answers some of the questions about her.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2010, 06:35:26 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7815138

In 1999, she was convicted of fourth degree criminal sexual conduct for having sex with a 14-year-old boy. The teen would do handyman work on rental properties Tanya and her ex-husband owned.

Shortly after the allegations surfaced, Tanya's husband filed for divorce. He was granted custody of the couple's two daughters.

Well this answers some of the questions about her.

Thanks Lenie - I was looking for this as I knew I read something about her conviction but couldnt remember where.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.