April 25, 2024, 03:13:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skelton Boys: ages 9, 7, and 5, missing 11/26/2010, Morenci, Michigan  (Read 177280 times)
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2010, 07:30:15 AM »

I was happy to see that the Pizza Place also has a flyer for Nevaeh   an angelic monkey 

I couldn't clean up he article or highlight anymore because for some reason my screen keeps jumping when I go to post.  I know other have had this problem and I cant remember how to fix it...anyone??

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2010, 07:49:08 AM »

I was happy to see that the Pizza Place also has a flyer for Nevaeh   an angelic monkey 

I couldn't clean up he article or highlight anymore because for some reason my screen keeps jumping when I go to post.  I know other have had this problem and I cant remember how to fix it...anyone??

Probably not a hammer,eh?     i am a huge help...NOT! Off to work, bbl   

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2010, 08:05:39 AM »

I always think of chunking mine out the window . . . but that wouldn't help either.

Gosh Leroy, are your thoughts positive about the whereabouts of these boys?

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2010, 08:17:47 AM »

I always think of chunking mine out the window . . . but that wouldn't help either.

Gosh Leroy, are your thoughts positive about the whereabouts of these boys?

Both are an option   Monkey Devil! 

I am trying to stay positive but the reality is that unless these boys have shelter, I do not think they would have survived this long out in the elements    

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2010, 08:52:28 AM »

sorry to be o/t , but go under Tools and check compatability.

I thought of these boys all night long.
At those ages my 3 little boys had matching PJs. 
Please, Lord, hold them closely.
Tol
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2010, 09:07:00 AM »

Anyone who thinks that maybe he shipped the boys back to his mother's house in Florida, or maybe one of the relatives drove to Michigan and picked them up?

I can imagine this guy was overwhelmed at the idea of paying child support for three kids, and alimony (maybe) to the mother.

Not that it excuses any harm he caused the children, but it would point to him as the prime suspect in the case.

Agreed, that if he had no reservations about she being a sex offender and birthing, and rearing his children for so many years, why now claim that against her in the divorce?

Unless he didn't know and found out recently.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2010, 09:24:16 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/30/earlyshow/living/parenting/main7102545.shtml
NEW YORK, Nov. 30, 2010
Police: Father Lying About Missing Boys
Search Continues in Mich. for John Skelton's 3 Missing Brothers; Police Say Woman Father Indicated Had His Kids Doesn't Exist
(CBS)  A frantic search for three missing Michigan brothers continues. The boys disappeared Friday -- the same day their father tried to kill himself.

Profiler: Dad's Story of Missing Kids "Bogus"   http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/29/earlyshow/main7099072.shtml
Search to Resume for 3 Young Mich. Brothers
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/29/ap/national/main7098431.shtml

After 39-year-old John Skelton tried to hang himself, he told police he gave his three sons -- Andrew, Alexander, and Tanner -- to a woman with whom he had an online relationship.

Now, police are saying that this woman never existed, and the whereabouts of the boys remains a mystery.

CBS News National Correspondent Jeff Glor reported on day three of the desperate search, hundreds of volunteers joined police, firefighters, and the FBI to search for the missing brothers as their father's story fell apart.

Skelton's sons were last seen on Thanksgiving during a court-ordered visitation with their father. He claimed he turned his children over to a woman named Joann Taylor because he didn't want them around when he committed suicide. Now, police are saying Skelton's story is a lie,that he made Taylor up out of thin air.

Morenci, Mich., Police Chief Larry Weeks said, "What I'm saying is a reported relationship between Mr. Skelton and Joann Taylor does not exist."

Search parties are concentrating their efforts in an area along the Ohio turnpike, an area where Skelton's minivan was spotted around the time the boys disappeared. One search leader was overheard telling searchers Skelton "may have just dumped them on the road," Glor reported.

Weeks said, "Since we can last pinpoint the boys in the backyard on Thursday afternoon and we know that the vehicle wasn't at the home at a period of time there, you certainly want any leads that we could gather for that period of time on where that vehicle is at."

Police have searched Skelton's home and vehicle, and though he remains a suspect, no arrests have been made. Skelton, currently under observation at a local hospital, has yet to explain what actually happened to his three young sons.
Wendy Murphy, a former prosecutor, told CBS News, "We don't know why he lied, but we're certain that he lied, and when a father is not telling the truth to the cops about the disappearance of all of his children, that's a good reason to be suspicious."

This is not the first time Skelton has taken his children without permission, Glor reported. Skelton took his children to Florida in September on the same day his wife filed for divorce. Glor said Skelton kept his children there until a judge ordered him back to Michigan.

Ernie Allen, president and chief executive officer for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, said on "The Early Show" Tuesday his team has been helping in the search for the boys.

He said, "We have a program called Team Adam that uses retired law enforcement experts to advise and assist on the scene. We've been helping with grid searches of rural areas, looking for clues, looking for indications that the children have been there. We're circulating their photographs, widely to try to generate those key leads and information. We need to do more to bring these three little boys home."

"Early Show" co-anchor Maggie Rodriguez said, "You know better than anyone that the more time that passes, the less likely it is that these boys will turn up alive. In these cases time really is the enemy, isn't it?"

Allen responded, "It really is, Maggie. We know that in 90 percent of these cases the children are recovered, the cases are resolved within the first 24 hours. And we know that when children are abducted by strangers, and murdered, that in three-fourths of the cases the children are dead within the first three hours. So law enforcement has moved quickly. There's been enormous attention to it. We remain hopeful, but the passage of time is not encouraging."

Allen explained in cases when a parent abducts a child, the motive for taking them is anger or revenge directed at the other spouse.

He said, "What is perhaps most encouraging in this case is we also know that it is very rare for an abducting parent to do physical harm to the children. This is usually directed more at the other spouse. So it's not unprecedented, but there certainly is hope that these three little boys are still alive and still out there somewhere."

Rodriguez said, "But in this case, do you fear that it is different because the father is not physically with the children, and we know that he made up a story about what happened to them?"
He replied, "Absolutely. I mean, this is a really troubling scenario. We're very concerned for the safety of these children. Our hope is that somebody knows, and that somebody will come forward and provide information. It's really important that people respond now and not feel intimidated because they know someone or have a relationship. Somebody knows where these children are."

Allen said he thinks the boys will be recovered.

"I think we've put such emphasis on the importance of time and rapid response that, to lots of people, that means that if you don't recover them in 24 hours or 48 hours there is no hope," he said.

Allen continued, "There are lots of examples of children being found and coming home after long periods of time. Most recently Jaycee Dugard after 18 years. So there is hope that we can find them. Law enforcement, state, federal, local law enforcement in two states, Ohio and Michigan, are working aggressively. There are volunteers helping. We think there is still hope that these children can be found and can be returned to their mom."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2010, 09:29:35 AM »

http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=13586281

Search resumes Tuesday morning for missing brothers
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 4:22 AM PST Updated: Nov 30, 2010 5:07 AM PST

MORENCI, MI (WTOL) - The search for three Michigan brothers resumes at 8 a.m. Tuesday.

Volunteers are meeting again at the Morenci Fire Station. They say the short amount of daylight this time of year is hindering the effort somewhat.

The search expanded Monday to include areas in and around Pioneer, OH based on tips to police. Those helping with the search say as many as 300 volunteers were out Monday.

Police continue to ask for anyone to call who may have seen the minivan in which they boys could have been traveling.

Here is information about the van:

Morenci Police Chief Larry Week described a 2000 silver/blue Dodge Caravan that may have been in the Ohio cities of Kunkel, West Unity or Holiday City late Thursday or early Friday. The Michigan license plate is 9JQH93.

Anyone who may have seen the van from 2:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 25 to 1:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 26 is asked to call Morenci Police at 517-458-7104. Specifically, they are looking for anyone who may have seen the van between 4 a.m. and 7 a.m. Friday in those cities -- or along the Michigan-Ohio border.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2010, 09:32:15 AM »

Video regarding the search yesterday:

http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/pioneer-ohio-new-search-area-for-missing-boys
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2010, 10:48:39 AM »

They need to look in DUMPSTERS

Yep...sadly I agree.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #150 on: November 30, 2010, 10:54:24 AM »

I get the sinking feeling that this man's "suicide attempt" was premeditated so that if he got caught killing his children he could claim some sort of diminished capacity (in his mind).  This could be a classic case of thinking the children are better off dead than be left with the other parent of a custody dispute.   I havent commented on this case until now, largely because I get the sense the outcome will be the worst feared...I pray Im wrong.

I so agree. If these boys were with family members they would have notified LE by now. And the suicide attempt will help with his defense. I wish he would just man up and tell LE what he has done.
They said they were checking areas where he hunted. If he wanted to commit suicide and there are guns available why try hanging and when that was a failure why not a gun instead of having a friend drive you to the hospital.

Yup, and the SOB is in custody but at a psy hospital getting evaluated as we speak

Foxnews cable just announced that is a news conference pending shortly - didnt give a time   Mark Furham was on discussing the case.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: November 30, 2010, 11:00:38 AM »

Press Conference now:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/livenow?id=7123045

I missed the beginning and they are talking bodies - they have not located the bodies yet.  So sad.
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #152 on: November 30, 2010, 11:04:56 AM »

Press Conference now:

I missed the beginning and they are talking bodies - they have not located the bodies yet.  So sad.
did anyone hear the question that the Police Chief seemed upset by and then said he can't even express an answer 'to that question'?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #153 on: November 30, 2010, 11:11:25 AM »

Press Conference now:

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #154 on: November 30, 2010, 11:12:01 AM »

Press Conference now:

I missed it.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #155 on: November 30, 2010, 11:16:24 AM »

I didn't hear any either. Wonder if the father confessed, and that is why the police are saying bodies? Maybe he told them where they were also?
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #156 on: November 30, 2010, 11:17:51 AM »

Press Conference now:

I missed it.   
Me too, Foxnews was late in getting it live & just gave a report after... they dont expect to find these precious baby boys alive after conducting interviews including the fathe

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #157 on: November 30, 2010, 11:18:25 AM »

Hopefully the press conference will be online and in print soon.  Sounded to me like the dad has admitted to killing the boys but hasn't said where he put their bodies.  I'll keep checking.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #158 on: November 30, 2010, 11:20:16 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7816487

Morenci police chief: no "positive outcome"
Tuesday, November 30, 2010

MORENCI, MI (WTVG) -- Morenci, Michigan, police chief Larry Weeks spoke to a crowd of reporters this morning with an update on the case of three missing boys.

He began the news conference with the statement that information has developed that leads them to "not anticipate a positive outcome" in the case.

Police are still seeking tips on sightings of the boys' father, John Skelton, and the family's blue Dodge Caravan on Friday, Nov. 26.

Weeks also said the father has been forthcoming with information although the "credibility we cannot verify." When a reporter asked about the mother's reaction, Weeks said, "Imagine your worst nightmare come true."

Anyone with information is encouraged to call 517-458-7104. Unless there is breaking news, another press conference will be held Weds., Dec. 1 at 11 a.m.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: November 30, 2010, 11:20:30 AM »

Press Conference now:

I missed it.   
Me too, Foxnews was late in getting it live & just gave a report after... they dont expect to find these precious baby boys alive after conducting interviews including the fathe

Thanks Cappy,so sad.   

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.